Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Shree Siddhivinayak Homoeopathy ClinicYour feedback matters!
Do you consume soy milk on a regular basis? Soy milk is full of essential nutrients and is a source of complete protein for vegns and vegetarians. However, some people avoid taking soy milk as several compounds similar to the female hormone estrogen are present in soy milk. In spite of having several cons, the pros of drinking soy milk are significant and essential for maintaining good health.
- Nutrients in soy milk: Soy milk contains protein in large amounts and is fortified with micro nutrients such as vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B 12 and Riboflavin. One cup of soy milk contains about 8 grams of protein. Soy milk also contains Alpha Linolenic Acid or ALA, an Omega-3 fatty acid, which the body requires for proper functioning. The micro nutrients contained in soy milk are similar to those present in cow milk.
- It is lactose-free: Cow milk contains lactose, which is a natural sugar and many people find it hard to digest it. Soy milk is completely lactose free. Hence, if you have a milk allergy or are lactose intolerant, soy milk serves to be an ideal nutritional replacement without having any negative side effects on your body.
There are several health benefits, which are obtained by drinking soya milk. It is free of dietary cholesterol, trans fat and saturated fat, which indicates that your risk of heart disease is reduced. Drinking 25 grams of soy milk as a part of a healthy diet prevents the occurrence of heart diseases. Soy contains isoflavones which help in the prevention of hormone associated cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and endometrial cancer.
In spite of having several health benefits, there are some potential concerns associated with soy milk and its consumption. According to some studies, soy can affect or impact fertility in men. Soy may also increase the activity of thyroid hormone and reduce thyroid function. Moreover, milk is considered to be more effective than soy protein in boosting lean muscle mass.
Soy milk accounts for being one of the most ideal non dairy milk varieties, if you are concerned about matching its nutrient content with cow’s milk. Recently, there have been some controversies regarding the benefits of soy milk as GMOs or genetically modified organisms are used in it. However, there are many soy milk manufacturing brands which do not use GMOs. Moreover, there is no evidence about GMOs being harmful to the body.
The highest and most important level through which the human being functions is the mental level. The mental plane of an individual is that which registers changes in understanding and consciousness, reflecting the true essence of that person. It enables an individual to think, to complete, and to peruse the purpose of life. Disturbance of these functions in turns constitute the symptoms of mental affections, such as:
Anxiety especially unrelated to any identifiable cause
depression, especially when it is followed by withdrawal from people or from usual occupation.
Loss of self-confidence
Unexplainable mood changes
Rudeness or aggression without apparent cause or occasioned by some trivial incident.
The inability to accept responsibilities
Unreasonable feeling of persecution
Physical ailments and complaints for which there are no organic cause
Symptoms of Mental Problems
Loss of concentration
Homeopathic Treatment For Mental Problems
Homeopathic treatment is not only confined to physical health problems but can also be used effectively against mental imbalances. Some doctors have recommended homeopathy over conventional medicines as the latter carry the risk of adverse side effects. Homeopathy can treat various kinds of mental illnesses including but not limited to bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, depression, and general anxiety disorder. Homeopathic treatment also involves intake of lesser quantity of medicine, shorter stay at hospital and laboratory examinations. What’s more, you could also combine homeopathy with conventional forms of medication.
The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using a holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat mental problems but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat mental problems that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of different mental problems:
Bipolar Disorder- Homeopathic medicine, Belladonna is quite effective against bipolar disorder. This is a condition in which there are symptoms of violent behavior. For example the patient may even strike the person near him for no particular reason. Another symptom for which belladonna works quite well is when the patient indulges in anti-social behavior such as spitting on other people. An alternative medication that is generally prescribed for symptoms like destructive behavior and screaming is Veratrum Album.
Schizophrenia- Hyoscyamus Niger is the recommended homeopathic treatment for a patient who shows symptoms of schizophrenia. The main symptom of schizophrenia is a feeling in which the patient may think that there is a plot against him/her. This feeling may result in the patient avoiding everything offered to him/her, which could potentially include medicine. Another effective homeopathic medicine generally used for treating symptoms of jealousy and suspicion is Lachesis.
Depression- Ignatia Amara has proven to be effective for patients with depression. This homeopathic medicine can treat symptoms such as non-communicative behavior and dull mood along with the inability to enjoy the company of others. Aurum metallicum is typically prescribed if your patients have suicidal tendencies. Carcinosin is generally used to treat chronic and severe forms of depression.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder- If a person tends to feel worried and uneasy constantly for around 6 months or more then he/she may be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder. A medical practitioner could provide an accurate diagnosis. The patient may find difficulty in concentrating and falling asleep. He/she may also get fatigued easily and have frequent urges to urinate. The Homeopathic medicine, Aconitum Napellus is very effective against Generalized Anxiety Disorder wherein the patient may also suffer from frequent panic attacks. Trembling and palpitations resulting from the anxiety can be controlled by the homeopathic medicine Gelsemium Sempervirens.
No Blood, No needle, No visit to hospital, you can do yourself at home with sterile fluid. A thin layer of transparent screen like structure hangs in front of the abdominal muscles known as peritoneum. This peritoneum protects the abdominal structures and the muscle. This can also be used for performing dialysis which is carried out when the functioning of kidney gets affected. In peritoneal dialysis a thin and soft catheter is placed in the person’s belly one-two weeks before performing the procedure.
The catheter has numerous holes in order to facilitate the infusion of fluids. Dialysis solution is prepared in a bag and the tubing is connected to the catheter placed in the abdomen thereby, the fluids absorb the waste materials from the body. The fluid is allowed to stay in your body for a particular period of time which is commonly referred as dwell time and later the fluid is drained out.
There are two types of peritoneal dialysis, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and automated peritoneal dialysis. This is the simple form of dialysis which anybody can be performed after a short training period and this can be done anywhere in a clean private place like hotels, home and even in office.
Procedure followed during Peritoneal Dialysis
All you need to perform a peritoneal dialysis is catheter and transfer set, cycler, dialysis solution and safety precautions materials to stay away from getting infections.
Step 1 - Perform a sterile aseptic technique. Wear a glove and surgical mask before connecting the catheter and transfer set. Clamp the tubing and remove the catheter once the dialysis solution enters your abdomen
Step 2 - Allow the solution to remain in your abdomen for a particular period of dwell time
Step 3 - Drain the fluid from the abdominal cavity into the drain bag. You may feel a mild tugging sensation when an adequate amount of fluid is drained.
Step 4 - After drain close or clamp the transfer set and later flush a fresh solution directly to drain bag so as to remove the air from the tubing.
Step 5 - Close your drain bag and open your transfer set and refill your belly with fresh solution.
Make sure you perform without giving way for infection by following the procedure.
Anxiety is one of those things that almost every individual faces at some point of time in his/her life. You can be anxious about many things. Sometimes, however, these can lead to a more complex set of problems called ‘phobias; where a person develops anxiety towards a seemingly benign object/situation. For example, a person would be uncomfortable in water, and develop a phobia of swimming, or a person can be allergic to insects and get a phobia/fear of insects.
Anxiety can lead to an emotional pain - a pain where there are no physical attributes. Having an anxiety disorder can hamper a person from performing his/her regular activities. Let us have an in-depth look into anxiety disorders, and their possible management.
Sometimes, there may be no underlying cause of anxiety. Sometimes, the environment or the incidents a person experiences in his lifetime, can precipitate anxiety disorders. There are several symptoms of anxiety, and some of them can include mood swings, confusion, decreased self-esteem, fatigue, weakness, and general fear of one's surroundings, lack of concentration, and a general feeling of helplessness. The person's sleep pattern gets disturbed, and as a result, insomnia sets in. He/she might be unable to perform the activities that they were able to earlier. Anxiety sometimes causes the blood pressure to shoot up, and can result in heart-related complications. In severe cases, anxiety can lead to depression and complete helplessness, and this can result in suicidal tendencies.
Anxiety is one of the most common mental health problems that individuals face today. Our changing lifestyle too has contributed a great deal towards it. Modern day urban living is highly stressed with long working hours, unhealthy diet, and frequent smoking and drinking, all of which can trigger anxiety disorders.
Anxiety management is not a single step process, and it involves layers of planning. The primary part of the treatment involves the evaluation of the patient first. The underlying cause of the anxiety has to be addressed first and evaluated. The trauma related to that particular cause has to be analyzed, and only then can the physical treatment start. The psychiatrist can help only if the person who is suffering is more open to treatment. Medication certainly works, and anti-depressants, as advised by the physician, should be initiated. Sometimes, a change of job or the environment can help a great deal in minimizing anxiety levels. Friends and family members should also pitch in, offering the support the individual needs.
Taking care of a newborn is indeed difficult; you need to be alert all the time. In the first few months, the baby needs more care than anything else. You have to sacrifice your sleep over your child to just make sure that the cotton ball like an infant is all right. Though the first few weeks and the months seem chaotic for the first-time parents, the happiness and the joy of being a parent overrides the pain.
As a first-time parent, you need to understand a few things which are crucial for you as well as your baby and here are seven tips for the first-time parents.
#1. Your Health Is Baby’s Wealth
As your baby will feed on you for the first few months, you need to hone your health first. Maybe this tip seems little off track. However, the fact that if you don’t eat properly or you have nutrients deficit in your body you can’t provide the required nutrition to the little one justifies the point. Keep your blood sugar under control, maintain a proper diet with a maximum quantity of vitamins, proteins and minimum amount of salt in it.
#2. Consult Your Doctor And Prepare For Breastfeeding
The primary way to deliver the nutrients and food to your baby is breastfeeding. The doctor recommends breastfeeding till the baby is six months old and in those six months, you shouldn’t use artificial baby food. Consult with your gynecologist and child specialist when you should start breastfeeding and how many times a day you can feed your baby. Doctors will also guide you in producing the maximum amount of milk for your baby.
#3. Wiping It Out
No, you don’t need to buy the costly wipes when your baby in just feeding on your milk. Rather it is better to wipe the little creature with damp cotton or soft cloth. It is more suitable for the newborn as the chances of having rashes are quite low.
#4. Sterilize It All
Yes, you need to keep the germs and the bacteria away from your child, and the best way to do that is to clean all the products that you use on your baby. It might be just a spoon or the feeding bottle or the items with which your child plays.
#5. Diaper For Long Sleep
Choose the diaper wisely for the baby. For long sleep like in the night, you need to use the maxi diapers so that neither your child nor you have to wake up in between your sleep and change it.
#6. Don’t Panic
Babies need to cry, don’t panic every time! This is the way they connect and communicate so stop bothering yourself thinking what you are doing wrong.
#7. Love and Care
The last but the most important tip is that you need to care for your baby which you would obviously do. But don’t become an overprotective parent, let the child grow according to the nature rules.
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards.
In past 32 years, I have been able to successfully treat the highest number of Leucoderma and Vitiligo patients in India and homoeopathy along with holistic modes have been a miraculous aid in giving the results. In this article, I bring to you the topic of a famous personality and his confrontation with Vitiligo.
- Michael Jackson songs, the king of pop, thriller, moonwalk getting nostalgic? We all remember Michael Jackson as the king of pop, he stirred up the ear with his over the top songs and breathtaking dance moves! His death shook the world and the music industry at large.
- He always had been the talk of the town not only for his art but for his appearance.
- Michael Jackson skin color raised controversies and questions among fans and fellow artists. He was accused of skin bleaching and using various techniques to turn white because he didn’t like his skin color. However he shunned these allegations by admitting to having Vitiligo on Oprah Winfrey’s show.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune skin disorder which causes loss of pigment in the skin. The melanin production capacity of the skin gets dysfunctional. This causes white patches on skin which can spread like it did on Michael Jackson. Due to less awareness of Vitiligo back then everyone believed that Michael Jackson was making up a story to cover the allegations of skin bleaching.
Only 2% of the world’s population suffers from Vitiligo and Jackson had a paternal history of the disease which was dominant in his case.
Vitiligo began on Michael Jackson’s skin soon after Thriller album, it started off as white dots on his hands skin which he covered with Billie Jean Gloves. But, in no time it spread over his full hand and body, he initially tried to cover it with full coverage makeup but it did him no good as patches begin to grow. When the disease went out of control, he opened up about his condition.
Though harmless otherwise these white patches become a cause of embarrassment and low self esteem in highly pigmented individuals like Michael Jackson himself. He was born a black american but in his adulthood his skin turned white. He fell a prey to innumerous allegations and racist comments because of the lack of knowledge among the people. Michael Jackson Vitiligo was confirmed in a biopsy report and was made public thus proving he really did have vitiligo.
Who all can have Vitiligo?
Vitiligo rarely shows familial history but this factor cannot be ruled out. It can affect people of any age group, race or sex. Vitiligo is generally more prominent in countries like India, Egypt and other tropical countries. Many cases have seen its onset after menopause, at 15 years of age, or as early as the age of 5. Vitiligo is non infectious and non-contagious and cannot spread with touch. It has no relationship to leprosy, however there can be differential diagnosis of seeing white patches on skin.
What can cause Vitiligo?
Exact causes of vitiligo have not been established yet but it can be due to gastrointestinal disorder like chronic amoebiasis, chronic dyspepsia and intestinal worms may be additional factors.
Trauma or local irritation from wearing tight blouses and clothes can also produce Vitiligo in individuals predisposed to it. Acute stress may be followed by fast spreading vitiligo. Endocrine disorders or nutritional disorders can also be revolving cause for Vitiligo.Not infrequently it has been seen vitiligo appearing after use of broad-spectrum antibiotics esp chloramphenicol and streptomycin.
How to treat Vitiligo?
In Michael Jackson’s case he matched his unaffected skin color with the vitiligo skin color by going a shade lighter which made him appear completely white. However with the advancement over years it is possible to treat vitiligo.
For stationary and small patches there are temporary options to dye the white patch into the skin color. It is done by doing a patch test and seeing which color is absorbed by the skin.
Whereas for a permanent long time solution it is important to treat this condition constitutionally by promoting the production of melanin internally by medicines.
Some local applications and frequent sun exposure on the patches can also help in repigmentation.
Avoid eating food from animal sources.
Avoid wearing tight clothes and prevent trauma on skin.
Do not stress as it can also contribute in producing vitiligo.
Apply pure ghee with turmeric on white patches and take sun exposure.
At Valeda, you can avail a holistic treatment to cure Vitiligo permanently by constitutional medicines and total wellness using techniques of acupuncture that will strengthen your immune system and also treat your Vitiligo Skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hello doctor my age is 22. My husband age is 27. I'm 2 months pregnant. Can I have unprotected sex. Do sex in 2 months pregnancy is good .do sex hurts 2 months pregnancy. Can my husband have sex with me. I'm 3 months pregnant. please help can I have sex or not.
I am 24 year old male. My hair started to turn white from 17 years old itself. Now almost half of my hair is white and I am also facing severe hair fall issue. Please suggest any ways to stop greying and whether I can turn white hair into black?
Sir My father is suffering from diabetes Since from 10 years he is on insulin from 8 years his sugar level were normal till August But in mud of Aug he was on low sugar He was abt get paralyzed His insulin intake was 40 units in the morning 26 units in the night Then doctor advised him to stop insulin at night and 20 units in morning But since from 10 days he is suffering from dizziness then doctor advised to stop insulin completely then his sugar level were 69 before food 140 after food Even then dizziness was continued then doctor said it might be because of low bp. Then gave medication for same But even then dizziness continued But sugar levels were 140 before food 230 after food Please find me a solution.
I am having fever from 5 days. Fever gets in night and in morning it's cured .I took paracetamol initially but no significant recovery was observed. I took another Medicine on Sunday night and Monday morning. But I have observed fever again yesterday night. And today's morning everything is okay again. Please tell me what to do.
It is extremely remarkable to note how homeopathic treatments have gained immense acceptance and recognition in the field of modern-day treatment procedures, offering the most effective and safe medication options. A number of thyroid problems can, in fact, be alleviated with the help of homeopathic remedies, also saving you the trouble of encountering unwanted and unforeseen side effects of the normal prescription drugs. The most common problems pertaining to the thyroid gland are possibly hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Both the conditions can be cured with utmost efficacy when the right drugs are prescribed.
Hypothyroidism And Homeopathy
Hypothyroidism is the medical condition wherein the thyroid gland underperforms and produces insufficient amount of hormones required for the normal functioning of the body. The most effective homeopathic remedies for hypothyroidism are:
- Nux Vomica: This remedy is usually recommended to those patients who suffer from extreme temperament and ones who feel chilly often without any particular reason. Obstinate constipation in the patients is also curbed by this medicine. Women with prolonged periods are also prescribed Nux Vomica to decrease the incidence of period related problems.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: Patients of hypothyroidism who complain of gastric troubles are the ones who usually opt for Lycopodium Clavatum. Excessive hair fall as a result of hypothyroidism can also be cured with it.
- Calcera Carbonica: It is usually ranked as the best medicine for treating hypothyroidism, especially in patients who suffer from cold feet, extreme fatigue, and bowel problems.
Hyperthyroidism And Homeopathy
A condition wherein the thyroid gland tends to be overactive and produces more than the requisite level of hormones is usually referred to as a classic case of hyperthyroidism. Homeopathic treatments for this abnormality aim at treating the root causes to achieve best results:
- Lachesis Mutus: Hyperthyroidism patients who persistently complain of rising body heat are prescribed this. It also lessens the problems of fatigue and queasiness.
- Iodium: Patients who lose their weight quickly despite maintaining a healthy diet are prescribed doses of Iodium. Anxiousness and fatigue are also cured along with other problems.
- Conium Maculatum: Patients who suffer from acute depression and refuse to participate in day-to-day activities are generally given this. Trembling and profuse perspiration are treated effectively with the help of Conium Maculatum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Many people all over the world often suffer from chronic back pain due to various reasons. Persisting for weeks together, this type of acute pain in the back can even cause severe damage to one's daily work schedule. It is often the neck or the lower back or upper or middle back that cause such pain and forces one to look for medical assistance. And it is this necessity for obtaining a cure or treatment solution that radiology becomes extremely helpful in dealing with chronic back pain. Read further to have a better idea of how radiology can be of great help in getting relief from the annoying and distressing chronic back pain.
What is radiology?
Radiology refers to a branch of medicines which dealing with radiant energy, helps in the proper diagnosis as well as treatment of a disease. This specialty specifically uses medical imaging for diagnosing a disease or the root of illness and treating it. This field is divided into two major areas, one is interventional radiology, and the other is diagnostic radiology.
Radiology and chronic back pain
Radiology is known to be an ideal solution for getting relief from the constant suffering of chronic back pain. Whether it's a pain in the spine or the hip, radiology helps in ensuring accurate treatment while reducing the chances of inappropriate treatments which often is performed due to the lack of knowledge about the root problem. With the image-guided injections and the accurate diagnosis, radiology reaches to the root of the back pain and helps the medical professionals have a better understanding about what's ailing the patient.
How is radiology effective in treating back pain?
While the majority of the back pain can be dealt with proper rest, anti-inflammatory medications and physiotherapy sessions, when it turns out to be a chronic pain, proper diagnosis is the best option for dealing with the pain. Using different radiological imaging services such as CT or computerized tomography, MRI or magnetic resonance imaging and X-ray, the location of the pain can be easily identified and then is treated properly. And treating the back area with different therapeutic injections becomes necessary, such as nerve root injections or facet joints injections or epidural injections, for dealing with the chronic back pain, again it’s radiology that turns out to be an irreplaceable part of successful treatment.
Chronic back pain being one of the most common reasons for visiting a doctor, opting for the right diagnosis procedure becomes crucial for identifying the main underlying reason which is causing the pain. And there's no doubt that it is with the help of the latest imaging facilities of radiology that accurate diagnosis as well as managing the pain can be possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
The first commandment of healthy living is to eat plenty of fresh fruits. However, did you know that some fruits are healthier than others? Fruits do not have any added sugars but many fruits are rich in natural sugar. Lychees, figs, and avocados are three such fruits and should be consumed in limited amounts. However, here are 11 fruits with the lowest sugar content.
- Limes and lemons: Limes and lemons are known as sour fruits. While they are rich in vitamin C, they do not contain a lot of sugar. Freshly squeezed lime juice and hot water are the perfect drink to curb your appetite and raise metabolism.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are rich in fiber but have only a little more than a teaspoon of sugar per cup. This makes them the perfect fruit to start the day with.
- Strawberries: Strawberries may taste sweet but a cup of fresh strawberries that only about 7 grams of sugar. However, a cup of strawberries has enough vitamin C to take care of your daily requirements.
- Blackberries: A cup of these berries also has minimal sugar. Along with fiber, these fruits are also rich in antioxidants. These berries also help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and other such conditions.
- Kiwi: Did you know that kiwis are technically berries? Each kiwi has less than 6 grams of sugar but is very rich in vitamin C.
- Grapefruit: A grapefruit is a perfect breakfast. These citrus fruits are rich in fiber and low in sugar. Half a grapefruit contains only 52 calories and minimal sugar. They are also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Avocado: Avocados are naturally low in their sugar content. One raw avocado has less than a gram of sugar. However, they are full of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium.
- Watermelon: Summer would be incomplete without watermelons. Though they taste sweet, watermelons are very low in sugar. A cup of watermelon has less than 10 grams of sugar.
- Cantaloupe: Cantaloupes are rich in vitamin A but a cup of this fruit has only about 14 grams of sugar. They are also rich in vitamin B, magnesium and fiber.
- Oranges: Eating an orange is the best way to boost our vitamin C levels and keep infections away. One orange typically contains less than 70 calories and 12 grams of sugar.
- Peaches: A medium sized peach has less than 13 grams of sugar. This is an example of how taste can be deceptive when it comes to calories.
Given the sugar content in these fruits, it would be a great idea for the diabetics and weight watchers to include them in their diet and have a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I eat lot of antidepressant medicine. But I am not recovering. I am going in thoughts and then I am not aware what I am doing ,what is going out side.
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the muscles of the body and weakens them gradually. Patients with fibromyalgia have a number of "delicate points" on the body and are very sensitive to different things that are not typically painful or unpleasant. They can encounter increased the tenderness and weakness which may lead to problems in movement and even proper sleep.
Physiotherapy concentrates on the treatment, and healing of injuries. Standard exercise based physiotherapy methods may help you gain control of your fibromyalgia as you concentrate on lifestyle changes instead of persistent pain, stiffness and fatigue. Physiotherapists can demonstrate generally accepted methods to get rid of the side effects of pain and solidness in everyday life. They show patients how to build strength and enhance their scope of movement. They show them ways to get rid of the everyday pain.
In case you have fibromyalgia, your physiotherapist creates particular extending and stretching programs to meet your individual needs. While there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, physiotherapy might help you get rid of the pain. It can reduce the stiffness.
Strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility through a number of exercises are two vital ways physical therapists decrease fibromyalgia pain and make life more manageable. These include:
- Stretching: By increasing your flexibility through stretching, the hardened muscles loosen up giving fibromyalgia help. Your physiotherapist can teach you the correct approach to stretch your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Various stretching exercises will also be suggested depending upon the condition or type of pain you have in what part of your body. The combination of these stretching exercises might need a stretching band or other accessories like a compression ball or a rubber band.
- Aerobic exercises: Low speed and low affect exercises are ideal. Stationary cycles and circular machines are typically less pressurizing on the joints. Aerobic exercises are also a great option for fast recovery, but the intensity depends on your condition.
- Aqua treatment: Swimming and other water activities are very good for fibromyalgia patients. The lightness of the water can decrease weight on muscles and joints and enhance adaptability. A warmed pool might be particularly useful because of the warmth that can calm sore muscles.
- Massage: Massage can help pain alleviation and joint stiffness.
- Joint movement: It can improve movement in the tightened muscles, delicate spots and joint stiffness.
- Dry Needling: This treatment for fibromyalgia known as dry needling reduces pain stemming from trigger points and increases spinal mobility, according to a clinical study. The technique uses needles to affect sensitive points in the muscle, which cause pain in seemingly unrelated body parts.
Physiotherapy is a lifestyle remedy for such conditions but must have to be patient as the results will be gradual.
Having a kidney disease can make it feel as if your life has spun out of control. But having some knowledge about your kidney disease can save you the stress and trauma that you might experience. Knowledge about the same can also help you take better control over your condition. Here are some frequently asked questions about kidney diseases:
1. How do you know if you are at the risk for kidney disease?
Some basic things are to be monitored to keep away from the risk:
- Blood pressure levels to be monitored at least once a year
- Urine analysis to check protein levels
- Creatinine level in your blood
2. What can we do to take care of our kidneys?
The most important thing is to ensure that your blood pressure and blood sugar are under control. Essential lifestyle changes can help keep your kidneys working longer.
3. How long can I live with Kidney disease?
Many people think that if their kidneys fail, it is the end of their life. But with modern advances in health care, this is not the case. How long you live depends on age, your overall health and how involved you are in your care. Even if you reach kidney failure you can continue to live for a long time with dialysis or kidney transplants.
4. What can be done for fatigue when you have kidney disease?
Fatigue is a common symptom of kidney disease, but there are medications to deal with it. Talk to your doctor to assess your condition and deal with it.
5. Is kidney disease hereditary?
Genetical factors can contribute to kidney disease and around 10% of kidney failures are caused by hereditary factors.
6. Do I need dialysis?
If your kidneys don’t perform their function and the serum creatinine levels reach a certain point, dialysis can be done. The dialysis machine will take over the kidney function of filtering out the impurities from your blood.
7. How long can you stay on dialysis while waiting for a transplant?
There is no set upper limit for the amount of time spent on dialysis. Some patients have gone over 25 years and it all depends on your health condition.
8. What questions should I ask my doctor?
No two people are same. Asking questions is the best way to find where you stand. So, discuss with your doctor on what percent of kidney function you have and what can be done to improve.
9. Can Dialysis be done at home?
Yes, discuss with your doctor to know how it can be done and whether it is good for you.
10. Do kidney stones lead to kidney disease?
No, they don’t lead to kidney failure. But long term obstruction of the kidney can cause kidney failure.
If you have numbness or tingling sensation in your feet, then you could be suffering from diabetic peripheral neuropathy. It can have an impact on your sleep, mood and overall quality of life. Besides taking the prescribed medications, there are effective ways of dealing with foot pain stemming from high blood sugar as explained below.
- Taking over-the-counter medicines: Medicines such as aspirin, naproxen, acetaminophen and ibuprofen can help to serve mild to moderate pain stemming from diabetic nerve damage. But before taking these medicines, you should consult with an expert since they can raise the risk of heart attack and kidney problems.
- Quit smoking: Smoking may cause the blood vessels to constrict and impair the circulation. This indicates that the peripheral nerves will not get an adequate amount of nutrient-rich blood which can pave the way for more pain.
- Have control over your blood sugar levels: With the passage of time, the excess blood sugar levels can cause damage the peripheral nerves. When you have blood sugar levels within a healthy range, you can substantially reduce your risk of nerve damage. You should eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and low-fat dairy and whole grains.
- Take more Vitamin D: Even though it is hard to get the desired 600 IU of this vitamin from food, you can get it in the form of supplement. A study found that people with diabetic neuropathy can take the supplement once in a week to curb the symptoms of feet pain. Vitamin B complex plays a crucial role in improving nerve health. You should get it in right amounts so that the brain can produce certain chemicals which are required for sending information through the body channels.
- Take Alpha-lipoic acid supplement: The human body has the natural ability to produce little amounts of antioxidants. When you take them in recommended quantities it can regulate the blood sugar levels and ease the pain in the feet and palms. A per a study, people taking more than 600 milligrams of antioxidants on a regular basis experienced 19 percent improvement in the diabetic neuropathy symptoms within 5 weeks.
- Indulge in daily workouts: Regular workout can help you to combat pain in a variety of ways. It can regulate the blood sugar levels and slow down nerve damage. Exercise can surge the flow of blood to the legs and arms and it can also enliven your mood and offer relief from stress.
Note that a nerve damage can lead to loss of sensation in the feet which means that you may not realize any cut or scratch in your feet until much later which could prove fatal. Hence it is essential for you to prevent the loss of sensation. Using the methods suggested above you can deal with the foot pain related to diabetes.