Salicylic Peel Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstruction of Smile Procedures
Revlite Laser Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Chin Reduction Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment
Fat Injections (Transplant) Procedure
Every woman endure menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Changes Experienced: Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered.
How to Fight Against It
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
1. With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
2. Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
3. Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
4. Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
5. Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
6. Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
7. Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
8. Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
9. Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
10. Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
11. Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.
Clear, blemish free skin is something every man and woman strives for, but only few people are blessed with it. Hyperpigmentation is one of those skin conditions that can distract attention from your natural beauty. Hyperpigmentation is a condition characterized by the excessive production of melanin resulting in dark patches on the skin. This condition can be a result of acne, other skin infections, or as a side effect of medication.
Here are a few Ayurvedic remedies that can help treat this condition.
- Potatoes: Potato juice can be very helpful in treating dark spots caused by excessive melanin. Slice a potato and put a few drops of water on the potato to stimulate the potato juices. Alternatively grate the potato and squeeze the juice out. Rub the slice of potato on the affected area or apply the juice on your skin and leave for half an hour. Doing this regularly for a month and it should show you significant results.
- Cucumber and lemon: Lemon juice is well known for its bleaching properties. When combined with the cooling properties of cucumber, it is a great cure for hyperpigmentation. To use it, grate some cucumber and mix it with lemon juice. Apply this on your skin twice a day and wash it off after 20 minutes. You could also use both these ingredients individually.
- Papaya: Papaya is rich in an enzyme called papain. This enzyme helps in exfoliating the skin and remove dead cells. Once the cells in the epidermis layer have been removed, new skin cells will be regenerated. This is a slow process, but with time, you will notice fewer dark patches on your skin. For best result, grate a piece of papaya and apply on the affected area.
- Almonds: Dryness is a major cause of excessive melanin, you can combat with natural fatty acid present in almonds. Soak a few almonds in a cup of milk and leave overnight. The next morning, skin the almonds and grind to make a paste with the milk. Apply the paste on your skin and leave until dry.
- Water: Lastly, drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Water also helps flush toxins that cause hyperpigmentation in your body. Usnodaka is an Ayurvedic process of drinking boiled water. Boiling water for a minimum of 5 minutes, helps stimulate the digestive system to expel harmful toxins. You should ideally drink 6 to 8 liters of water a day for healthy skin.
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices.
A breast augmentation surgery can leave you with bigger and fuller breasts, but can also leave you with a few scars. These scars typically appear on the lower half of the breast, under the arm or around the areola. Scarring depends on the type of skin, as well as how well your skin heals after the surgery. Like any other, the scars caused by breasts augmentation surgery can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
- Silicone gel scar treatment: This involves applying silicone gel onto the scar and allowing it to dry. For best results this needs to be applied daily and left on, for as long as possible. Silicone gel shrinks the scar while simultaneously flattening it and lightening it.
- Silicone sheeting: Silicone sheeting is a strip of silicone available in a variety of shapes depending on the type of surgery undergone. It is a self-adhesive and can be reused. This is typically used to treat scars on creases or areola scars. Both silicone gel and silicone sheeting are most effective when used within 6 months of the surgery.
- Cortisone creams: Cortisone is a hormone that helps fight inflammation. Creams that contain cortisone when applied on a scar can help lighten it and reduce its size. If you plan to use cortisone creams to treat scarring, ensure that the wound has healed completely before applying the cream.
- Dermabrasion: This is a minor surgical process through which the upper skin layer is removed. This is especially useful in cases of raised scars but not suitable to sunken scars.
- Massaging the affected area: A soft circular massage of the operated area can help drain the lymph nodes beneath the skin. This helps reduce inflammation and softens the skin. This also helps break down dense collagen and prevents the formation of a raised scar. However, do not attempt to massage your breasts without consulting your doctor first.
- Laser treatment: Lasers can be used on new as well as old scars. The number of sittings required for laser treatment depends on the size and type of scar. When used on keloid scars, laser treatment can help flatten the scar and reduce redness. Lasers can also be used to stimulate the production of collagen to help the body heal itself. Further, ablative lasers can be used to vaporize scars and are the preferred form of treatment for sunken, irregular shaped scars.
Skin is the body's most extensive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
- You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day: Sunscreen should be applied everyday whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. However, UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that causes sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like applying makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF. You need to moisturize and tone your skin everyday.
- No two people have the same skin requirements: While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the PH balance of dry skin. Also take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
- Makeup causes acne: Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is because, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt.
It is a dream of everyone to be the owner of healthy, glowing and radiant skin. While good skin is difficult to achieve, indeed; but it is nevertheless, not impossible.
Healthy diet as well as a little exercise regularly is really under rated when it comes to taking care of skin and so is a good skin care regimen.
There are four Golden Rules for healthy skin care regimen. If you follow this regimen religiously and regularly, you would see noticeable difference in your skin within a few months. There is after all, no shortcut to getting beautiful skin. The four Golden Rules are as follows:
Your First Golden Rule for getting radiant skin is,
Keeping your skin squeaky clean would ensure that there are no impurities that can cause skin problems like premature aging, acne, blemishes as well as pimples.
It is also important to use the right kind of products for cleansing your skin.
Using soap with harsh alkalies would cause your skin to dry and aggravate the appearance of wrinkles.
Use mild facial cleansers depending on your particular skin type and be very gentle while cleansing your face.
Make sure you cleanse your skin at least once, at the day end and ideally twice a day.
The Second Golden Rule, after cleansing is,
Cleansing your skin opens the pores on your face which are then closed with the help of toning. Toning also helps in cleansing leftover dirt, if any.
Toning regularly with the right kind of product would minimize open pores and would also greatly reduce appearance of acne and pimples.
The Third Golden Rule and possibly the most Vital Rule for getting healthy skin is,
Regardless of the type of skin you have, providing moisture to your skin is like feeding it. It is a mistake if you think that oily skin does not need moisture.
Oil and moisture are different and there are non greasy moisturizers that are ideal for oily skin types.
Moisturizing dry skin is even more necessary, if you want to delay the appearance of wrinkles.
The Fourth Golden Rule is,
It is not a regular skin care routine but nevertheless equally important.
You should scrub your face at least twice a week to get rid of the dead cells.
Scrubbing is also essential for getting rid of the ugly blackheads and the whiteheads.
Just make sure you are gentle while scrubbing to avoid making your skin raw
The Disguise stays on during the early years
#Blessings as you grow #Older
But as you grow older you begin to thank your #oily #skin. The reason is that people with #oily #skin are blessed in the way that #wrinkles appear faster on #dry #skin than on #oily #skin. People with #oily skin can enjoy a young looking #skin for a longer time and it is indeed something most people would choose over not having to suffer from #pimples and #acne.
There are some common negligence or mistakes that people with #oily skin unknowingly make though, that only aggravate the problem. Make sure you avoid them to keep your #oily #skin problem at bay. The three common negligence or mistakes that you can make are as discussed below.
1. Washing #Face Frequently
The very first mistake that you make is washing your #face with water frequently. It would of course wash away the #shine, but it would also make your #oil #glands over active and there would be even more secretion of #oil than before.
Advice / Suggestions
a.Wash your #face with cold water but keep it to two to three times daily.
b.Use a soft wet tissue instead to remove the #oil and the #dirt, if you have to. Just make sure you do not put pressure or rub the tissue on your face.
Be very gentle so as not to irritate the oil glands in secreting more oil.
2. Avoiding #Moisturizing the #Skin
The second biggest mistake you can commit is not #moisturizing your #oily #skin. The #oil #glands in your #face are working overtime does not mean that your #facial #skin is #moisturized. Oily #skin and #moisturized are not same.
Advice / Suggestions
There are many gel based natural products available in the market, which are ideal for #moisturizing #oily #skin. Your #oily #skin needs #moisturizers as much as #dry #skin and hence give it what it needs.
3. #Oily Food
The third mistake that you should absolutely avoid is, if you have an oily skin is to eat oily food. As if you need more oil in your system!
Advice / Suggestions
a.Drink lots of water to keep your system clean
b.Avoid oily food as much as possible.
c.Eating fruits are great way to keep your oil under control as well.
Come monsoons and most women complain of #frizzy #hair. Well when there is a problem, there is also a solution available for it. If you too are bothered with frizzy hair, try the below mentioned hair care tips to make your hair soft and manageable.
1.Honey & Olive Oil
a.Mix equal portions of honey and olive oil and apply the same to your hair.
b.Cover your hair with a hot towel or a shower cap.
c.Keep in on for an hour and wash it off with a mild #shampoo.
Results: Honey will make your hair softer and also a lot smoother while olive oil will nourish your hair. Get lively and voluminous hair.
Bothered with #damaged and #dry hair?
No botheration any more if you can manage to get some mayonnaise from the market. Mayonnaise is known to make your hair #soft, and #shiny yet #strong hair. While the moisture and #protein treatments for your hair at a good salon can be rather expensive, you can still get the soft and manageable hair by treating your hair at home with some key kitchen ingredients without burning a hole in the pocket.
2.Eggs / Vinegar & Oil.
a.Mayonnaise can be made with eggs, vinegar and oil.
b.Use Vinegar to give bounce and volume to hair.
c.Apply a coat of mayonnaise all over your hair.
d.Wear a shower cap over to prevent the cream from tripping from your hair.
e.Leave it on for an hour.
f.Use a mild shampoo to rinse your hair.
You can treat your hair with this homemade mayonnaise cream once a week.
While the oil and the eggs moisturize dry hair, eggs and mayonnaise, make a nourishing and rich protein treatment cream.
The resultant outcome would be much #smoother, #shinier and of course much healthier.
Are you fond of #silky hair?
Say hello to Avocado mask.
3.Honey / Olive Oil & a Pitted Avocado.
a.Make a smoothie out of honey, olive oil and a pitted avocado.
b.The amount of these ingredients would depend on the length of your hair.
c.Apply the #smoothie on your hair and leave it on for half an hour.
d.Rinse it off and shampoo your hair.
The result is super silky hair in an instance.
Are you interested in getting #Soft and #Mushy Style Hair?
4.Banana / Milk / Honey / Olive Oil & Egg.
a.Always choose the banana.
b.Mash a banana, mix it with milk, honey, olive oil and an egg.
c.Apply on hair and wash it off after 30 minutes.
Results : Get silk smooth hair.
Like everything else in your body, your hair needs food too. And you are much mistaken if you think that the only food for your #hair is #oil. The food you eat everyday has a lot of effect on the #health of your #hair too like every other part of your body. There are food items that can destroy the #health of your #hair, like too much #spicy or #oily #food, and then there are items of food that would make your #hair #shine with #health. Taking such food items regularly, while also maintaining good #hair care regimen would surely attract envious glances to your #crowning #glory from everyone.
Important Ingredients that make the hair healthy are:
3.#Omega-3 #fatty #acids
If you are wondering which food items contains these important ingredients, given below is a list of
#7 #Top #Food Items that Reveals the #Secret of #Healthy #Hair:
1)#Salmon – This cold water delicious fish is the food item hair experts swear by. Rich in #Omega-3 #fatty #acids, salmon would keep your #scalp #healthy, thus leading to #shiny and strong #hair #shafts.
2)#Eggs – A source of #Protein, #Zinc and #Iron, eggs are the simplest food item you can think of to keep your #hair #healthy. Regardless of how you take your eggs, it would always lead to keeping your #hair #healthy.
3)#Walnuts – This is one more food item that is rich in #Omega-3 #fatty #acids along with a generous amount of #biotin, another ingredient for #healthy #hair growth and #Vitamin-E.
4)#Sweet #Potatoes – Suffering from #Dandruff that causes #hair #fall?
Take sweet potatoes regularly and it would keep your #scalp free of the #itchy, #flaky #dandruff. This in turn would lead to a #healthy #hair #growth.
5)#Oysters – #Oysters are not only rich in #Protein but also #Zinc, an ingredient that is absolutely essential for #hair #growth. Lack of #zinc can lead to #hair #fall and hence taking #oysters can help in preventing #hair #fall.
6)#Lentils – #Lentils in your regular #diet can aid in #healthy #hair #growth since #lentils too are extremely rich in #Protein, #Zinc and #Biotin.
7)#Green #Vegetables – #Green #Vegetables like #Spinach and Broccoli contains #Vitamin C and #Vitamin A that helps in the production of #Sebum. #Sebum keeps the #scalp and the #hair #conditioned. Hence make sure you include #spinach or #broccoli into your #diet
I have dark circles from 2 years not too much but still its not going completely I have taken medications from allopathy and tried ayurvedic also.
I am suffering from acute urticaria symptoms what should I do please Sir any advice is it curable or not.
Often when I go out in sun, my face gets tanned vry badly and now I see my skin tone look uneven and also I got white patches. I use sunscreen and moisturizer daily. So I request you to suggest me what should be done?
Why do feet stink?
Smelly feet can be a cause of great embarrassment and discomfort for anyone. Also known as bromodosis, the primary cause of smelly feet is the sweat glands in your feet. This part of the human body has more sweat glands than anywhere else in the body. Additionally, compared to sweat glands in the other parts of the body that secrete to control your body temperature when exposed to hot weather or while exercising, the sweat glands in your feet produce perspiration all the time.
When this happens, bacteria living on your skin break down the perspiration that oozes from your skin pores and a cheese-like smell is produced as the sweat gets broken down by the bacteria.
Apart from the explanation of the origin of this kind of smell, the causes that lead to you having smelly feet are:
- Wearing the same footwear on a daily basis and not letting them dry
- Poor hygiene habits like not washing your feet and drying them thoroughly
- Changes in the body's hormones level especially during pregnancy and puberty
- Too much stress
- Hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively)
- Athlete's foot (infection of the soles of the feet and between the toes)
Don't sulk over the saggy or loose double chin. Redefine your facial aesthetics with our treatments at Dermaworld Skin & Hair Clinics.
Consult our expert doctors today!
Call for appointments: +91-9911100050 (Rajouri Garden); +91-9911300050 (New Rajinder Nagar)