Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Saurabh Maternity & Gynaecological Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
धरती पर पाए जाने वाले तमाम औषधियों गुणों वाले पौधों में जटामांसी से होने वाले फायदे भी महत्वपूर्ण हैं. जटामांसी का का नाम अलग-अलग जगहों पर अलग-अलग है; जैसे कि गुजराती में जटामांसी या बालछड़, तेलगू में जटामांही, पहाडी क्षेत्रों में भूतकेश आदि नाम प्रचलित हैं. किसी साधू की जटाओं जैसी दिखने वाली रोयेंदार तने और तेज महक समाहित किए जड़ वाली जटामांसी के तने व जड़ का प्रयोग दवा के रूप में करते हैं. फायदे तो इसके बहुत सारे हैं लेकिन ठीक से इस्तेमाल न करें तो इसके नुकसान भी खूब हैं. इसलिए आइए जटामांसी के इस्तेमाल से होने वाले फायदों और इसकी सीमाओं को समझें.
जटामांसी के फायदे निम्लिखित हैं-
1. मेनोपॉज और मासिक धर्म के समय: महिलाओं के मेनोपॉज और मासिक धर्म के समय जटामांसी काफी फायदेमंद साबित होता है. मेनोपॉज के समय तो यह विशेष रूप से मददगार साबित होता है. वहीं मासिक धर्म के दौरान होने वाले कष्ट से छुटकारा पाने के लिए आप जटामांसी का काढ़ा पी सकती हैं.
2. शर्बत के रूप में: जटामांसी के फायदे इसके बने शर्बत में भी नजर आता है. इसके साथ ही ये आपके शरीर से जमे हुए काफ को भी निकालने में मदद करता है.
3. मस्तिष्क और नाड़ी विकार में: जटामांसी के लाभ हमारे मस्तिष्क और नाड़ियों के रोगों में भी हमारी मदद करते हैं. हलांकि इसके काम करने की गति थोड़ी धीमी होती है लेकिन असरदार भरपूर होती है.
4. मनोविकारों में: कई तरह के मनोविकारों जैसे कि पागलपन, हिस्टीरिया, मिर्गी, मन बेचैन होना, याददाश्त कम होना आदि रोगों में भी जटामांसी के फायदों से हम रोग के प्रभाव से हम मुक्त होते हैं.
5. आँखों के लिए: यदि हम जटामांसी के काढ़े को रोज पियें तो इससे आँखों की रौशनी बढ़ती है. इस तरह से ये आँखों के लिए फायदेमंद साबित होता है.
6. चमड़े के विकारों में: चर्म रोग तथा सोरायसिस जैसे रोगों में भी इसका लेप लगाने से काफी फायदा मिलता है. इससे हम चमड़े की कई समस्याओं से निजात पा सकते हैं.
7. दन्त विकारों में: दांतों में होने वाले दर्द को मिटाने के लिए जटामांसी के महीन पिसे हुए पाउडर से मंजन कीजिए निश्चित रूप से राहत मिलेगा.
8. दर्द निवारक के रूप में: जटामांसी का उपयोग आप दर्द निवारक के रूप में भी कर सकते हैं. आपके शरीर के जिस हिस्से में दर्द है वहां पर इसे पानी में पीस कर इसका लेप लगाएं.
9. अन्य रोगों में: जटामांसी को खाने या पीने से मूत्रनली, पाचननली, श्वसनली, गले, हैजा आदि के रोग ठीक होते हैं.
10. पेट के लिए: पेट फूलने में भी जटामांसी को सिरके में पीसा हुआ नमक मिलाकर लेप करने से पेट का सूजन कम होकर पेट सपाट होता है.
जटामांसी के ये निम्नलिखित नुकसान भी हैं-
1. मासिक धर्म: महिलाओं के मासिक धर्म के दौरान इसका ज्यादा मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करने से समस्या हो सकती है.
2. गर्भावस्था के दौरान: गर्भवती महिलाओं को जटामांसी के नुकसान से बचने के लिए इस दौरान जटामांसी के इस्तेमाल से बचना चाहिए. इसके साथ ही महिलाओं को स्तनपान कराने के दौरान भी जटामांसी का इस्तेमाल रोक देना चाहिए.
3. ज्यादा इस्तेमाल से: सामान्य तौर पर भी अधिकतम इस्तेमाल से या इसका ज्यादा मात्रा में सेवन करने से जटामांसी के नुकसान मसलन पेट दर्द की समस्याएं उत्पन्न हो सकती हैं.
4. रक्तचाप में: जिन लोगों को उच्च रक्तचाप की समस्या है उन्हें इसके इस्तेमाल से पहले अपने डॉक्टर से सलाह अवश्य लेना चाहिए. ऐसा नहीं करने से आपको एलर्जी जैसी समस्याओं का सामना करना पड़ सकता है.
5. अनावश्यक इस्तेमाल से: अनावश्यक रूप से जटामांसी का ज्यादा इस्तेमाल करने पर आपको उल्टी और दस्त जैसी समस्याओं का सामना करना पड़ सकता है.
छोटा पीपल के उपनाम से मशहूर पिप्पली के फायदे औषधीय रूप से बहुत ज्यादा है. इसके अलावा इसे मसाले के रूप में भी इस्तेमाल करते हैं. लगभग शहतूत के फल के आकार वाले पिप्पली के नुकसान भी हैं. गहरे हरे रंग और ह्रदय के आकार वाले चौड़े पत्तों व कोमल लताओं वाले पिप्पली के कच्चे फलों का रंग गहरा हरा और पकने के बाद काला हो जाता है.
पहले जानते हैं पिप्पली के फायदों को
1. दिल के मामलों में
दिल की बीमारियों में भी पिप्पली के फायदे दिखाते हैं. इसका चूर्ण बनाकर शहद में मिलाकर सुबह खाने से कोलेस्ट्राल नियंत्रित होता है. इसके अलावा पिप्पली और छोटी हरड़ की समान मात्रा पीसकर एक चम्मच सुबह-शाम गुनगुने पानी के साथ लेने से पेट दर्द, मरोड़ और दुर्गन्धयुक्त अतिसार में राहत मिलती है.
2. साँसों की बीमारी में
यदि आपको साँसों की बिमारी है तो इसमें भी आप पिप्पली के फायदे से राहत पा सकते हैं. इसके लिए आपको 2 ग्राम पिप्पली का चूर्ण बनाकर 4 कप पानी में उबाल लें. जब यह 2 कप रह जाए तो इसे छान लें. इसे 2-3 घंटे के अंतर पर थोड़ा-थोड़ा दिन भर पीते रहने से कुछ ही दिनों में सांस फूलने की समस्या से राहत मिलेगी.
3. सर दर्द में
इसे पानी में पीसकर माथे पर लेप लगाने से सिर दर्द में फायदा मिलता है. इसके लिए पिप्पली और वच चूर्ण को बराबर मात्रा में मिला लें. फिर इसकी 3 ग्राम नियमित रूप से दो बार दूध या गर्म पानी के साथ लेने से सर दर्द में राहत मिलती है.
4. मोटापा से भी राहत
मोटापे में पिप्पली के फायदे लेने के लिए आपको इसका चूर्ण लगभग आधा ग्राम की मात्रा में सुबह-शाम शहद के साथ रोजाना 1 महीने तक सेवन करने से मोटापा कम होता है. इसके अलावा पिप्पली के 1 से 2 दाने दूध में देर तक उबालकर उसमें से पिप्पली निकालकर खा लें और ऊपर से दूध पिने से भी मोटापे से राहत मिलती है.
5. छुआ-छूत के रोगों में
इसमें पाए जाने वाले प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाने के गुण से टी.बी. एवं अन्य संक्रामक रोगों में पिप्पली फायदेमंद है. इसके अलावा पिप्पली अनेक आयुर्वेदीय एंव आधुनिक दवाओं की कार्यक्षमता को बढ़ाने में मदद करती है.
पिप्पली के कई फायदों में से एक ये भी है कि इसके 1-2 ग्राम चूर्ण में सेंधानमक, हल्दी और सरसों का तेल मिलाकर दांतों पर लगाने से दांत के दर्द से राहत मिलती है.
6. वात से उत्पन्न रोगों में
इसके लिए आपको 5-6 पुरानी पिप्पली के पौधे का जड़ सुखाकर उसका चूर्ण बनाना होगा. आपको बता दें कि इस चूर्ण की 1-3 ग्राम मात्रा को गर्म पानी या गर्म दूध के साथ पिलाने से शरीर के किसी भी हिस्से में होने वाले दर्द से 1-2 घंटे में ही राहत मिल जाती है. बुढ़ापे में इससे विशेष रूप से राहत मिलती है.
7. सर्दी जुकाम में
सर्दी जुकाम में पिप्पली का फायदा उठाने के लिए इसका मूल, काली मिर्च और सौंठ की बराबर मात्रा में चूर्ण लेकर इसकी 2 ग्राम की मात्रा शहद के साथ चाटने से जुकाम में राहत मिलती है. इसके अलावा आधा चम्मच पिप्पली चूर्ण में समान मात्रा में भुना जीरा तथा थोड़ा सा सेंधा नमक मिलाकर छाछ के साथ सुबह खाली पेट लेने से बवासीर में भी लाभ होता है.
पिप्पली के नुकसान
1. बिना किसी सावधानी के, पंचकर्म और रसायन प्रक्रिया के बिना, पिप्पली को अधिक मात्रा या लंबे समय के लिए इस्तेमाल नुकसानदेह साबित हो सकता है. इससे काफ में वृद्धि होती है. पिप्पली की अन्दुरुनी गरमी के कारण पित्त दोष बढ़ता है. इसकी कम चिकनाई (Alpasneha) के कारण, यह वात संतुलन के लिए जिम्मेदार मानी जाती है.
2. छोटे बच्चों को शिशुओं को इसके सेवन से बचाना चाहिए.
3. दूध और घी के साथ, यह प्रति दिन 250 मिलीग्राम की एक छोटी खुराक में बच्चों को दिया जा सकता है.
4. जो महिलाएं स्तनपान कराती हैं वैसी माताओं को भी यह कम मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए.
5. जो महिलाएं गर्भावस्था में हैं उन्हें इसके उपयोग के लिए, अपने चिकित्सक की सलाह ज़रूर लेना चाहिए.
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
- Chamomilla is used when the individual might be excessively touchy and feels extreme pain even if it is not that painful. The blood might be dark with large clots with a scarlet red hue. The person might also have extreme mood swings. Also, excruciating pain extends down the inner thighs. The individual tends to crave frosty beverages and the pain is more pronounced when she is lying down.
Most women have their own distinct smell below the belt. It might be a little embarrassing to know that there is a feminine odor, sometimes foul, in the private parts of a lady. But, it is true that this smell can be a cause of concern as well. Vaginal odour is a symptom for sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia and gonorrhea. Besides, a combination of factors including infection of the vaginal tract, unhygiene, gland secretions, sweating and improper clothing are responsible for vaginal odour.
Common reasons for vaginal odour:
- Bacterial vaginosis: It is a very common phenomenon. Vagina contains bacteria, which are produced there naturally. Bacterial vaginosis refers to bacterial overgrowth. It leads to vaginal odour. Most women experience this condition at least once during their lifetime, especially in the reproductive years. Though the exact cause behind its occurrence is unknown, it can occur due to having unprotected sex or frequent douching.
- Yeast Infection: The odour caused due to yeast infection is not very strong. But it has other symptoms like white vaginal discharge and itching. The discharge looks like cottage cheese and is caused due to the excess growth of yeast named Candida. There might be a burning sensation at the time of having sex or urination.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Vaginal odour is a symptom for STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Vaginal odour can intensify after having sex. It can also be caused due to inflammation of the pelvic region.
When is vaginal odour a signal for STDs?
Vaginal odour is normal. But, you need to watch out other symptoms to be sure that whether or not you are infected with STDs. If you have vaginal discharge, painful urination and difficulty in having sexual intercourse, there is a possibility of developing STDs. In case of STDs, the discharge is bloody or brown in colour.
The cyclical change in the uterus and ovaries of the female reproductive system is called the menstrual cycle. It includes changes in the physiology of the uterus along with the change in hormones as well. This cyclical change is what allows a woman to get pregnant. This cycle allows the formation of ovocytes and helps to prepare the uterus for implantation.
The commencement of period is called the menarche. It normally starts from the age of twelve to fifteen years. The time between the first day of the period and the first day of the next one is usually twenty one to forty five days in young adults and twenty one to thirty five in older women. The entire cycle is mainly governed by hormones like oestrogen, progesterone, Luteinizing Hormone etc.
Hormonal changes play a big role in the menstrual cycle. It consists of three phases
- Menstrual stage (1-7 days)
- Proliferative stage
- Secretory stage
In the menstrual stage, the thick endometrial lining of the uterus will start to shed and will come out of the vagina in the form of blood and mucous. This may last from four to seven days. The levels of both progesterone and estrogen remain low in this phase.
In the second stage, i.e, the proliferative stage, the amount of oestrogen gradually rises and the menstrual flow reduces and eventually stops. The Follicle stimulating Hormone (FSH) is produced in the brain that stimulates your ovaries to produce mature eggs. The eggs are present in a follicular bag, which allows the secretion of oestrogen. Hence the amount of oestrogen is the least on the first day and increases gradually. At the same time, the uterine lining starts to thicken. This is the phase in which the egg is produced and in the presence of sperm, gets fertilised.
You may notice a thin slippery discharge around these days that makes it easier for the sperm to travel and survive in the uterus. You are most fertile in this stage, around on the 14th day of the cycle when ovulation occurs. The egg survives for around 24 hrs, whereas sperm can survive for about 2-3 days.
In the secretory phase, if the egg is not fertilised, the levels of oestrogen and progesterone fall. The thick lining that has been produced starts to shed and that commences the menstruation. If the egg is fertilised, then it may implant itself to the uterine wall and produce the pregnancy hormone called human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG).
You must be aware that while emotional intimacy is highly required for a healthy relationship, physical intimacy is equally important. And, to keep things exciting and satisfying for both the partners trying out several sex positions could be the key.
If you are looking for ways to stimulate your woman to achieve orgasm and ensure pleasurable intercourse moments, mission in-her-possible, a variant of the popular missionary position, can be a good option to try. Understand the intricacies involved with this position by reading further.
What it has to offer to the women?
Women who face difficulties in having an orgasm very often can find this particular sex positions, especially known for its stimulation, is an ideal position to try. Offering the perfect clitoris and G-spot stimulation in its every thrust, it can be one of the best sex positions that can give a woman that perfect long elusive taste of pleasure when a man presses his pelvis against her clitoris. With one leg placing up in the air and one leg placing on the bed, it lets women feel the pleasure of sex and stimulation like never before.
Why will men love it too?
Men who often feel self-conscious and worried about not being able to make their partners achieve an orgasm or stimulate properly, this position can take away all their worries. Though it may demand a bit of endurance from the men's side as they have to lean forward, relying upon the resting leg of women for further guidance and support, and also a certain penis size, still, considering the results, trying this position is worth all the efforts.
Some quick facts about the position
- Numbered as 13, mission in-her-possible is for specifically experienced couples. Yes, considering the difficulty levels of it, sexologists recommend it to those who have previous experience in trying various sex positions.
- It doesn’t require much of stretching, despite appearing to be so. While the level of pleasure, acquired from this position, can be low for men but as far as women are concerned, pleasure level it provides is high.
- The position may not be very suitable for men with a small penis and for the women who experience pain during intercourse. Men with a penis size of 7 inches or more may be perfectly suitable for this position.
- The requirement of both stamina and flexibility for this position is medium and the pleasure quotient is high.
Remember, whenever trying this particular sex position, both the man and the woman must feel comfortable with each other. Trying ‘mission in-her-possible' indeed helps in improving the chances of women having an orgasm, but it is only possible when the interest of trying it develops in both the partners, participating in the sexual act.
- The bacteria in your gut, collectively called the gut microbiota, are sometimes referred to as the "forgotten organ." These gut bugs are incredibly important for all sorts of health-related aspects. A disruption in the gut bacteria is linked to some of the world's most serious chronic diseases, including obesity.
- A good way to improve gut health, is to eat probiotic foods (like live yogurt and sauerkraut), takeprobiotic supplements, and eat plenty of fiber. Fiber functions as fuel for the gut bacteria.
Benefits of jackfruit seeds:
1. Fights wrinkles
In order to avoid wrinkles on your skin take a seed of jackfruit and grind it smoothly in cold milk for some time. Apply this paste on your face regularly to keep fine lines away. This is one of the chief benefits of jackfruit seeds and is bound to give your skin a boost of youth. Jackfruit seeds are also great for your skin’s texture. Soak the seeds with some milk and honey and grind it into a fine paste. Apply this on your face evenly and let it dry completely. Wash off with lukewarm water.
2. Helps in curing mental stress and skin diseases
Since jackfruit seeds are high in proteins and other micronutrients, they help in managing mental stress levels and various other skin diseases. Consume jackfruit seeds to keep the skin moisture levels high and your hair in good condition.
3. Prevents anaemia
Eating jackfruit seeds can give your daily nutrition an iron boost. Jackfruit seeds are a great source of iron which is a component of hemoglobin. A diet which is rich in iron eliminates the risk of anemia and other blood disorders. Iron also keeps the brain and heart healthy and strong
4. Healthy hair and good eyesight
Jackfruit seeds help in maintaining good eyesight as they contain vitamin a. Vitamin a is one of the most important nutrients for eye health and a diet rich in this vitamin helps keep night blindness at bay. Vitamin a also promotes healthy hair and prevents brittle hair.
5. Prevents indigestion
The powdered jackfruit seeds are known to give instant relief from indigestion. Sun dry the seeds first and then grind them to a powder. Store this powder for a quick, homemade remedy for indigestion. You can also consume jackfruit seeds directly for constipation as it is a rich source of dietary fiber.
6. Builds muscles
Jackfruit seeds comprise high quality proteins which aids in building muscles. The proteins we get from jackfruits is free from cholesterol.
Some of the most interesting health benefits of linden include its ability to improve the immune system, prevent certain forms of cancer, calm and detoxify the body, eliminate anxiety, lower inflammation, and lower blood pressure.
What is linden?
Tilia is the name of the genus that contains varieties of trees named linden, whose flowers, leaves, and extracts have been used for medicinal and decorative purposes for many years. The tilia genus members are often also called lime or basswood, and the different types of linden have slightly different components and effects. Tilia cordata is the strongest type of tree, in terms of its medicinal effects, and is commonly known as little-leaf linden. This wide variety can be found throughout europe and into western asia and is 60-80 feet in height. Linden flowers are the most commonly used part of these trees, primarily because of the potency of linden flower tea, which is known to be very powerful as a treatment for a wide variety of conditions.
The flowers are yellow and once they are dried, they can be brewed as a delicious and potent tea, which is growing in popularity around the world as more research is being done. The health benefits of linden and linden tea are largely due to the high concentrationof phytonutrients, flavonoids, and other diaphoretic substances. This unique mix of organic compounds has resulted in one of the most trusted and reliable herbal tea varieties on the market.￼
Health benefits of linden
Let’s take a slightly closer look at the many health benefits of linden.
1. Relieves anxiety
One of the most frequent uses for linden tea is as an anxiety aid, as its soothing properties have been known to reduce mental stress and anxiety. If you suffer from mood swings or unexplained chronic stress, a cup of linden tea can be a very wise addition to your health regimen. It has a minor effect on your hormone levels, inducing a state of relaxation for the body and mind.
2. Prevents chronic diseases
As with so many herbal remedies, the antioxidant content of linden is one of the best qualities this plant has. Antioxidant compounds like quercetin and kaempferol both act as free radical scavengers, eliminating these harmful byproducts of cellular respiration from your system and improving your overall health by preventing chronic disease. These are particularly effective for protecting the skin against signs of aging and exposure to the sun as you age.
3. Detoxifies the body
P-coumaric acid is another very beneficial organic compounds found in linden that can be accessed in linden tea. This is known as a diaphoretic, which means that it induces sweating, which is a very effective way of releasing toxins from the body, along with excess salts, fat, water, and foreign substances. This quality also makes linden valuable for people suffering from fevers, as inducing sweating can help lower a fever faster and prevent permanent damage to organ systems.
4. Reduces cold and flu
In addition to stimulating sweating to break a fever, linden also contributes to other symptoms of cold and flu, such as inflamed or swollen membranes throughout the mouth and respiratory tracts. This can help to reduce coughing and irritation, which is why linden is often relied on, to soothe sore throats and calm coughing. Linden tea can also help to eliminate congestion, making it a true triple-threat to colds, and represents a major immune system booster.
5. Removes inflammation
For those who suffer from tension headaches and other inflammatory conditions, including arthritis and gout, linden tea can help eliminate those painful symptoms. Just as it reduces the inflammation in the respiratory tracts, it also helps to lower blood pressure and remove inflammation in the blood vessels, thereby preventing the small capillary back-ups that so commonly lead to headaches, as well as the swollen tissue of arthritis sufferers.
￼6. prevents cancer
With its impressive arsenal of antioxidants, linden is a definite contender for preventing and treating various forms of cancer. Those antioxidant compounds, like quercetin and coumarin, prevent free radicals from causing apoptosis or mutation in healthy cells, which often lead to cancer.
7. Improves digestion
If you’re suffering from an upset stomach, bloating, constipation, or cramping, sip on a cup of linden tea and settle your stomach in no time. The blend of compounds and chemicals found in linden can reduce gastrointestinal discomfort and stimulate the proper digestion and excretion of food.
8. A final word of warning
There are some people who are allergic to these flowers, so speak to your doctor before adding linden tea to your favorite beverages list. Also, there is a maximum dosage, so avoid drinking more than 3 cups per day. Furthermore, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it usually isn’t a good idea to drink linden tea, or if you have heart disease, as this flower can negatively interact with certain medicines.
What could be the possible reasons behind not been successful in conceiving as we r trying since April Shall we go for chromosomal analysis before conceiving? Regards umesh gupta.
Use of contraceptives is really important to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Countries like China and India, facing the problem of population explosion lay more stress on the use of contraceptives. However, you must always use or take oral and barrier contraceptives following the advice of a medical practitioner unless it is absolutely necessary to go ahead without consultation. The reason behind medical assistance is your own health. Contraceptive methods do have a vast range of side effects that can result in health hazards. There are various kinds of contraceptives; each having its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Being acquainted with the side effects of some contraceptive methods can help you choose wisely in times of need.
1. Possible side- effects of using condoms: Some men are allergic to latex. Using condoms can lead to heightened sensitivity. It can also lead to rashes in your genitals. Condoms are not foolproof. They do not provide total protection against sexually transmitted infections, HPV or against Syphilis and Herpes. These diseases can be contracted by coming in contact with genital skin that is not covered by a condom.
2. Possible side- effects of a contraceptive film: A contraceptive film might act as an interruption in your sexual activities if it is not placed properly, that is to say it must come in contact with the cervix to be effective. Using the film “nonoxynol- 9” very frequently can make you susceptible to life threatening diseases like HIV and other STIs.
3. Possible side effects of a cervical cap: A cervical cap has to be inserted by a clinician and requires immense care to be fitted in later. Some of its side - effects can be of serious concern. If it is left inside for more than forty eight hours, it can result in toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that mars your overall health. It is also known to increase the chances of inflammation of the surface of your cervix.
4. Possible side- effects of progestin only pills: Progestin only pills or mini pills can subject you to long- lasting depression. It can make you feel bloated and can actually increase your weight to a great extent if used on a regular basis. Minipills lead to irregularities in your menstrual cycle and might also make bleeding during menstruation scanty.
5. Possible side- effects of combined oral contraceptives: If this is your first month on combined oral contraceptives, you might feel nauseous and they can give you a terrible headache. Women taking these pills have a higher chance of developing cervical dysplasia.
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum. The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a wash cloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
C-Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
Movement: After a C-Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movements which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.
There are certain glands in the vaginal walls and uterine cervix of a woman, which cleanse the vagina by producing a small amount of fluid. This clear or milky white coloured vaginal discharge is normal for a healthy woman if it doesn’t smell unpleasant. But if you observe that the colour, consistency, odour or amount of your vaginal discharge differs from usual, it may indicate an infection or a disease.
Here are 6 common factors behind abnormal vaginal discharge.
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis is a medical condition characterised by agray discharge, which has a lingering fish-like odour. Moreover, if you experience irritation and burning sensation in the vagina, which is increased by intercourse, it’s a strong indication of bacterial vaginosis.
2. Yeast Infection
It often happens that your vaginal area’s natural bacterial balance is disturbed due to certain factors such as use of antibiotics, decreased immunity, stress, uncontrolled diabetes or consumption of excessive sugary foods. This results in yeast overgrowth in the vagina, known as simply yeast infection or candidiasis. It’s characterised by a thick and whitish-grey discharge from the vagina.
Caused by the bacteria Neisseria Gonorrhoea, this sexually transmitted disease (STD) is an infection, which causes vaginal discharge of an intense odour. Other symptoms of this disease include feeling of pain while urinating, chills, fever and irregular discharge of menstrual fluids. If left untreated, gonorrhoea can transform into a pelvic inflammatory disease and can even lead to infertility.
4. Genital Herpes
Genital herpes, a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that leads to formation of small watery blisters on the vaginal area, and causes irritation, itching and pain while having intercourse or urinating, may also be the cause of a vaginal discharge of watery texture.
5. Atrophic Vaginitis
After menopause, there’s a considerable decrease in oestrogen levels of the body along with the occurrence of changes in tissues of the vaginal cavity. This medical condition, known as atrophic vaginitis, can lead to a watery vaginal discharge, which can sometimes get bloody. Some other symptoms of this disease are vaginal inflammation and thinning or atrophy of tissues.
6. Infected IUD
In some situations, it may happen that the intrauterine device (IUD- a form of contraceptive) inserted in the body of a woman can get infected. This results in a purulent discharge (pus) from the vagina. Getting the IUD removed as soon as possible is the best thing to be done in this situation.
It is likely for you to experience abnormal vaginal bleeding between your periods during one point in life. Vaginal bleeding is termed abnormal when you are not expecting your periods, when your menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal, and at times when it is not expected such as during pregnancy, or after menopause. Abnormal vaginal bleeding may result from a wide range of causes. It does not always indicate a serious or severe condition.
The different possible causes are discussed below:
- Bleeding during pregnancy is not very normal and it indicates some complications in pregnancy. Spotting or light bleeding is common, but it is important for you to evaluate any form of bleeding by a doctor. Heavy vaginal bleeding occurring before 12 weeks during pregnancy indicates severe problems. Heavy vaginal bleeding that occurs after 12 weeks also indicates a problem like placenta previa.
- Ovulation can result in mid-cycle bleeding.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which interferes with normal ovulation, and may result in abnormal bleeding.
- Certain medicines, including birth control pills may cause abnormal vaginal bleeding. Minor bleeding between your periods is likely during the first few months of using birth control pills. Bleeding may also occur, if you do not take the pills at a fixed time regularly.
- An intrauterine device (IUD) also increases the chances of heavy periods and spotting.
- Certain infections occurring in your pelvic organs such as the uterus, vagina, Fallopian tubes, cervix, and ovaries causes abnormal vaginal bleeding. The bleeding is more likely to occur after sexual intercourse and douching. These infections are commonly caused by sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PTD) leads to infection and inflammation of your uterus, ovaries, or Fallopian tubes. This might be another cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding.
There are several other less common causes, which may result in abnormal vaginal bleeding. They include the following:
- An object present or inserted in the vagina
- Sexual abuse
- Uterine fibroids, which cause abnormally heavy periods
- Several structural problems like polyps and urethral prolapse
- Occurrence of cancer in your uterus, ovaries, vagina, or cervix
- Intense mental or emotional stress, and exercising in excess
- Several other health conditions and diseases such as diabetes or hyperthyroidism
It is important for you to consult a doctor on experiencing abnormal vaginal bleeding. It is very important to diagnose the condition properly and start with management measures at the earliest.
Although this might come as bit of a shock for most of you, the habit of sitting, acquired or inherent can lead to a lot of physical complications. Even with adequate exercise, the practice or compulsion to sit for too long, more than six hours at a stretch to be scientifically precise, can prove to be fatal. Or in a sense, it can at least have a detrimental effect on your life span.
Studies have revealed that sitting in front of the television for an hour if you’re above 25, can lessen your life expectancy by 22 minutes. The process might take effect sooner than you think, with the development of myriad complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, various forms of cancer, digestive problems and other orthopedic disorders of the waist and backbone. This becomes precarious, especially for those affiliated to professions that facilitate no mobility or those leading a sedentary lifestyle by choice.
If you are engaged in a desk job which involves a lot of sitting around for long hours, you should be worried about the ills that come along with it. Besides ophthalmological disorders, obesity, painful and stiff joints, sitting can also induce further serious problems involving the heart. To avoid this, make sure you take regular breaks to get up and walk at regular intervals, a little bit of neck and stretching exercises that is affordable in the given space. Avoid sitting on your rear for more than half of the day at all costs.
Standing in a fully upright posture burns a lot of calories, so even simply standing after a period of prolonged sitting can prove beneficial. For instance, it is advisable to watch the last ten minutes of a show or match standing up. Evening walks and morning walks are a good practice to lessen the amount of time spent on the chair. Regular and habitual jogging or running regimens help in getting you out of the infamous couch potato syndrome. Make sure you sit in a correct and erect posture while working on the computer or watching the television. Avoid long hours of prolonged sitting in front of these devices at home, especially if you are already compelled to do so at office.