Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S M SanjanwalaYour feedback matters!
I want to take medicine to dry the breast milk. Dr. suggests cbline. Now should I release some milk if breast get engorge? If yes how much and how many times a day. And if I lead to non release then does it have chances of mastitis?
I am pregnant of 4 months and I don't want to have this unwanted pregnancy so what step can I take to avoid this pregnancy.
My wife who is 23 years old not having m. C (period) from last 3 month. Kindly suggest good medicine for her?
My sister is pregnant and it is 4th month of her pregnancy but every 15 days interval she suffers from bleeding how can we solve this problem.
When can I conceive as one yr passed to my marriage but m having thyroid and also taken anti depression medicine 2 months ago.
Is spanish fly liquid safe to give for uterus removed women to get sex feeling but ovaries are not removed is it safe to give few drops in juice for her?
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 21 years old. My virginity is break last week. I was done sex with someone. My marriage held on after 3 months. For recover my vagina tight what should I do?
I had unprotected sex on 1st September, My partner didn't came inside me. As a result I didn't took any birth control pill. I am. 19 years old, I had my last period in the duration of 24th to 28th August. Right now I am facing some problems in digestion, constipation and a little fatigue (although that is bit normal occurring for me) I read over internet these are the signs of pregnancy. How can I be sure? What should I do now? Please help.
I am 21 year old I had did sex with 3 people without condom is any chances for getting affected with Hiv. How Hiv will be affected can you tell clearly.
She missed her periods but she was sexual active before that and we needs to know the early pregnancy symptoms as we don't want a child right now at this time. We used precautions too but once conceive without but not down into.
Brown sugar or White sugar?
Brown bread or White bread?
Everyone is health conscious today and most of us now believe that #brown is always the most healthiest option. But is that really true?
No doubt brown rice has more fiber and is commonly used by weight conscious people. That's true but white rice is also nice. Moderate intake of white rice also acts as fat burner. White rice has Inositol, which has fat burning, anti-anxiety and irritability reducing property. So enjoy a mix of both.
Brown sugar and white sugar both have almost same calorie content 17kcal. But most of us tend to think that white sugar is refined so its not good for health. Sugar is not a killer itself. The way we use sugar makes it harmful. Intake of overloaded sugar in biscuits, pastries, cakes, sweets and dairy affects our health. Using white sugar in moderate amount in home made food is acceptable.
Both brown and white bread are source of energy. Best option for us is to eat chapati or rice that is cooked at home and fresh rather than choosing breads whose shelf life is only few hours.
Hi my periods r irregular n m unable to conceive would you please suggest me some tablets for conceiving or getting my periods regular.
2. Bathing before sunrise reduces mucus related problems (stick yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3. Maintain a proper weight.
4. Female between 5' to 5.5' should ideally weigh minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs.
5. Male between 5' to 510, in 60 kgs max 75 kgs roughly.
6. Intake daily 3-5 litres of water.
7. Freehand exercise for 30 minutes daily in the morning helps to get more oxygen in the blood.
8. Avoid oily food. Take only fruit juice or white sweets.
9. Take nutritious balance diet.
10. Prepare popcorn at home and do breakfast with it. Be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
11. Do pranayam daily.
12. Eat slight less than your normal diet.
Why vitamin A is necessary for our body
Vitamin A also called retinol or carotene. It - 1] helps to maintain good vision and necessary for night vision. 2] Helps in resistance to infection and supports growth and repair of body tissues. 3] It also maintains integrity of white and red blood cells and epithilial lining.4] It is also used to treat acne.
Dietary Sources of Vitamin A
Green leafy vegetables-spinach , broccoli, parsley, kale, collard green, escarole.
Yellow vegetables- carrot, sweet potato, winter squash, pumpkin.
Yellow and orange fruits- mango, papaya, and apricots.
Animal source- milk, eggs, meat and fish liver oil.