Lybrate Mini logo
Lybrate for
Android icon App store icon
Ask FREE Question Ask FREE Question to Health Experts
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. S M Sanjanwala

Gynaecologist, Mumbai

Dr. S M Sanjanwala Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. S M Sanjanwala
Dr. S M Sanjanwala is an experienced Gynaecologist in Vile Parle East, Mumbai. You can meet Dr. S M Sanjanwala personally at Saurabh Maternity & Gynaecological Nursing Home in Vile Parle East, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. S M Sanjanwala and consult privately on

Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Ground floor new suri niwas ,govindkar marg subhash road .Landmark: Next to ganesh temple Vile Parle East, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. S M Sanjanwala

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 24 weeks pregnant. My cervical length at 19 weeks 2 days was 4.1 cm. And now at 24 weeks cervical length is 3.2 cm. Am I at risk. What measures can I take to increase the length.

MBBS, DGO, MD, Fellowship in Gynae Oncology
Gynaecologist, Delhi
I am 24 weeks pregnant. My cervical length at 19 weeks 2 days was 4.1 cm. And now at 24 weeks cervical length is 3.2 ...
Hello, You can not increase the cervix length. 3.2 cm cervical length is normal. As your pregnancy proceeds, your cervix length shortens.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What happens if we have anal sex daily and perming daily in her or his anal hole. Please help n.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, Fellowship in Laparoscopy, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Do not go for anal sex, lots of problems are associated with it. Go for natural vaginal intercourse.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Is laparoscopy painful. I have to undergo laparoscopy n hysteroscopy day after tomorrow at AIIMS. Doctor suspect after tube test that my fallopian tube is blocked frm the end connected to uterus.

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Gynaecologist, Bangalore
Is laparoscopy painful. I have to undergo laparoscopy n hysteroscopy day after tomorrow at AIIMS. Doctor suspect afte...
Hi lybrate-user. The amount of pain you experience after a laparoscopy is very mild. It's similar to the amount of pain you have after a small cut on your finger. You will be anesthetized during the procedure and it might last about 30-60 min. You resume all your activities the very next day of procedure. Good luck with your procedure.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the reason I have severe etching problem in vagina, I had sex with husband using condom .

MD-Dermatology, MBBS
Sexologist, Pune
Please contact and discuss in details regarding your related problem at private questions by request and payment of Rs.100 through Lybrate/ contact email drrameshm2@gmail.Com/on androide Lybrate app. Mob 09822006427. For your complete health solution.Dr.Ramesh Maheshwari Sexologist Pune.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to reduce my weight. I have taken treatment for pcod and taking tablet for thyriod. Also I have irregular period.

B.Sc(hons), Physics, B.H.M.S., PGDIT (software Engg)
Homeopath, Delhi
Can u stay without food see take 4-5 teaspoonful glucose in lunch and dinner / the rest time drink water in an alternate day, your body will eat all fats. Thus u will lose 10 kgs in a month.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Pregnancy and diabetes: Why lifestyle counts

Pregnancy and diabetes presents unique challenges. Consider the goal ? tight blood sugar control ? and what you can do to achieve it.

When you have diabetes ? either type 1 or type 2 ? pregnancy presents unique challenges. Naturally, you're concerned about the effect diabetes might have on your health and your baby's health. There's much you can do to promote a healthy pregnancy, however. Here's what you need to know about pregnancy and diabetes ? and delivering a healthy baby.

Pregnancy and diabetes:
Your diabetes health care team likely includes an endocrinologist or other diabetes specialist, a diabetes educator and a registered dietitian. As your pregnancy progresses, your health care team can help you manage your blood sugar level and adjust your diabetes treatment plan as needed.

The goal: Tight blood sugar control

Controlling your blood sugar level before and during pregnancy is the best way to prevent diabetes complications. Good blood sugar control during pregnancy can:

Reduce the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth ? primary concerns for pregnancy and diabetes.
Reduce the risk of premature birth. The better your blood sugar control, the less likely you are to go into preterm labor.
Reduce the risk of birth defects. Good blood sugar control during early pregnancy greatly reduces your baby's risk of birth defects, particularly those affecting the brain, spine and heart.
Reduce the risk of excess fetal growth. If you have poor blood sugar control, extra glucose can cross the placenta. This triggers your baby's pancreas to make extra insulin, which can cause your baby to grow too large (macrosomia). A large baby makes vaginal delivery difficult and puts the baby at risk of injury during birth.
Prevent complications for mom. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of high blood pressure, preeclampsia ? which is high blood pressure that begins after 20 weeks of pregnancy ? and other potentially serious pregnancy complications.
Prevent complications for baby. Sometimes babies of mothers who have diabetes develop low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) shortly after birth because their own insulin production is too high. Good blood sugar control can help promote a healthy blood sugar level for your baby, as well as healthy levels of calcium and magnesium in the blood. Good blood sugar control also helps prevent a yellowish discoloration of the skin and eyes (jaundice) after birth.
You found this helpful

masturbation side effects and homeopathy

masturbation side effects and homeopathy
Masturbation is the process of bringing about a voluntary excitement of the sexual centers following generally by the discharge of semen, through some method other than normal sexual intercourse. In other words, “Masturbation” means ejaculation of semen by hand. because of the hand to practise it, it is widely known as “Hand Practice”. This habit is also known as “Self-Abuse”, since it is done by one’s own self by his own hand.

Some of the after- effects of masturbation are:
a. The nervous system is affected the most.
b. Besides the heart, the digestive system, the urinary system as well as the other systems are adversely affected and consequently the whole body becomes the museum of diseases with profound weakness.
c. The eyes become sunken, the cheek bones protrude and there is a black rim round the eyes.
d. Continuous headache and backache.
e. Dizziness and loss of memory.
f. Palpitation of heart on lightest exertion.
g. Nervousness.
h. Unable to perform any heavy physical or mental work.
i. The person dislikes any company and activities and rather likes to sit in seclusion and suffers from weakness.
j. All the senses are impaired.
k. Vision becomes dim, the tongue begins to stammer and ears tend to become deaf etc.
l. Lastly T.B. or insanity or some other serious disease catch hold of the victim to lead his life to a close.
m. Impotency.
Therefore, young men are advised to consult a qualified and honest homoeopathic practitioner for his expert advice and effective treatment instead of wasting his money with quacks. Further, those young men who are or have been engaged in the regular habits of masturbation should not ignore the necessity to consult the qualified homoeopaths to avoid sexual embarrassment at the time of can message me your complaints in details for treatment- Dr Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
145 people found this helpful

Me and my partner had sex last night But we didn't do anything, I just rubbed my penis on her vagina and injected my sperm on her vagina. Is there a chance to get pregnant? Please advise.

MBBS, MD Psychiatry, DNB Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Nagpur
Me and my partner had sex last night
But we didn't do anything, I just rubbed my penis on her vagina and injected my ...
Rubbing penis on vagina and ejaculating semen on vagina alone does it cause pregnancy for sure. But you cannot rule out the possibility completely. This is because if even a single sperm some how makes its way to the ovum and fertilize it, she can get pregnant. So be watchful.
8 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Why Tea, Coffee so Refreshing?

MBBS, DGO, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MRCOG
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Why Tea, Coffee so Refreshing?

Refreshing cups of tea, coffee?
It is a medically known fact that tea, coffee, and colas contain a chemical caffeine which is responsible for giving you the feeling of mental and physical alertness. Caffeine is also present to some extent in chocolate.

If you take these beverages only very occasionally, a single cup of coffee can increase your blood pressure by upto 10mm hg. However if you take it every day, your body gets used to its effects and there may not be any effect on your blood pressure, even in the long run. Women who suffer from low blood pressure will actually benefit from an occasional cuppa.

People who have an established history of heart disease need to be cautious if they take more than 2 cups of coffee and equivalent per day. In the long run caffeine may increase anxiety and depression.

On the other hand long term caffeine intake of more than 2 cups a day may reduce age related memory loss, parkinson's disease, liver cirrhosis and onset of diabetes.

If you want to make your cuppa super efficient and boost your metabolism further, just sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on top. It may just help you loose weight faster


18 people found this helpful

Post Cesarean Wound Infection - How It Can be Prevented?

MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Agra
Post Cesarean Wound Infection - How It Can be Prevented?

Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.

As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.

Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.

Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.

  1. Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
  2. Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.

How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:

  1. Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
  2. Practising good hygiene and healing
  3. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
  4. Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
  5. Resting as much as possible

Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!

2512 people found this helpful

Healthy Benefits of Water

General Physician, Hyderabad
Healthy Benefits of Water

Healthy Benefits of Water

9 people found this helpful

Pros And Cons Of Patanjali Danth Kanthi

Dentist, Visakhapatnam
Pros And Cons Of Patanjali Danth Kanthi

Hello Lybrate Users,

I am posting on this topic as many of users have been asking on the same issue.



1. It has nice taste.

2. Freshness lasts longer.

3. Has good antibacterial property of neem and turmeric.

4. Its soothing action on the cavities and gums.

5. Minimum side effects.



1. It cannot be an alternative to dental treatment as it cannot reverse progression of disease of gums or cavities.

2. As it soothens (obtundant) effect of clove oil on regular basis misguides the pain response which would end up in the end stages of the disease finally results increased cost of dental treatment in late stages of the disease or the tooth should be removed if caries or periodontal progression goes beyond to save the tooth.

3. The turmeric might cause tooth discolouration in long run.


As far as to my knowledge is concern use it just if you want to give a try but I will never recommend on a daily basis.

30 people found this helpful

My 11 day of ovulation study report is Right ovary 40x21, 39x21, 25x16 Left ovary 6x5 Endometrium thickness 7.7 mm Its is normal follicles how many egg release.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Noida
My 11 day of ovulation study report is
Right ovary 40x21, 39x21, 25x16
Left ovary 6x5
Endometrium thickness 7.7 mm
Hello, the right ovary has been hyper stimulated and there are 3 follicles almost ready to rupture, inj hcg can be given tonight and then rupture should occur in next 24-36 hrs. Timed intercourse should be started from today itself. Confirmation of rupture can be done with ultrasound after 36 hrs.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

8 Proven Ways to Be Your Self Confident Best!

Ph. D - Psychology
Psychologist, Delhi
8 Proven Ways to Be Your Self Confident Best!

Being confident is a very essential quality for all human beings, irrespective of their age or profession. Boosting up your confidence level will not only make you feel good about yourself but will also help you to keep your feet firmly on the ground ,no matter what situation you have to encounter in your daily life. Self -confidence also helps you to create a very good impression of yourself and gives you an edge over others, especially when you are trying to seek a job or representing your company or educational institute.

The following are eight proven ways to bolster your level of confidence:

  1. Think positively. Positive thinking can help you see the better side of every situation you confront. Thus, it can increase your confidence level.
  2. Being prepared to face new challenges in life and accepting those challenges is another crucial step for improving your level of confidence.
  3. Volunteer for different causes and activities. You may consider volunteering for social causes or you may also volunteer for different activities at your workplace or institution. This is a very important step for boosting up your confidence.
  4. Try to visualize your success. If you can see it before your eyes, you can achieve it too. Imagining yourself as successful will automatically elevate your confidence level.
  5. Find out the true purpose of your life. This will add meaning to your life and thus, can increase your confidence to a whole new level.
  6. Connect with others more often. Staying alienated most of the time can bring down your confidence level. The more you connect, the more confident you will become.
  7. Never underestimate yourself and your abilities. Have a strong belief in who you are and what you are capable of. This can make you more confident.
  8. Try to stay fit and healthy. As we all know health is wealth. Being healthy and fit always will make you feel good about yourself and will thus enhance your level of confidence.

Along with the aforesaid tips, remember to smile always. A bright face will automatically make you appear more confident to others.

3282 people found this helpful

Hi, Im 27 year old male and going to get married in few months. I'm virgin. How many times I and my wife need to have sex to have a baby. Is it safe to have sex once in a week. If I insert sperms inside my wife's vagina every time we have sex, how much times we need to do this to have a baby.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
To get pregnant you need to have regular sex i. E. 3-4 times a week for one full year before you start seeking medical help. If you want to make her pregnant fast then you can follow this calender method. If a women’s menstrual cycle varies from 26days to 31days cycle, The shortest cycle (26 days) minus 18 days = 8th day. The longest cycle (31 days) minus 10 days=21st day Thus, 8th to 21st day of each cycle counting from first day of menstrual period is considered as fertile period.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Due to hair removing I got pimples over my vagina which is very painful all r popped out I wash it with boric powder and applied the ointment surfaz-sn which is very effective. But there is pain still in the area where the pimple was there. Its nearly one week.

General Physician, Mumbai
Take Cp. Amoxicillin 500mg twelve hourly one after breakfast and one after dinner for five days and For pain take tablet paracetamol 650 mg
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to know which time is perfect time to be pregnant for a Girl? Please advice.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
A girl is most fertile at the time of ovulation, (when an egg is released from your ovaries) which usually occurs 12-14 days before your next period starts. This is the time of the month when she is most likely to get pregnant. It is unlikely she will get pregnant just after her period, although it can happen.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I lost my virginity to my boyfriend few days back. I am getting married to someone else. Is there anyway that I can escape first night questions on my virginity? Or anyway my hymen can grow back? Please help. I have heard that 6 months break will make vagina tight again and chances if knowing will be less. Is it true?

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, Hymen once broken , never regrows, so you would have to face these queries anyhow if you are not a virgin at all.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Green Tea for Healthy Heart

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Green Tea for Healthy Heart

The antioxidants in green tea help to burn fat. the fat accumulation leads to blockage of heart.

It also reduces bad cholesterol in the body.

Along with green tea do
Loose weight if your overweight
Quit smoking
Cut down on Carbohydrates
Add fibre to the diet

12 people found this helpful

Unprotected Intercourse and Pregnancy

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Gurgaon
Unprotected Intercourse and Pregnancy

Unprotected intercourse can lead to a pregnancy. But chances of pregnancy depend on which phase of the cycle was one intimate.

If there is a proper period after the episode then it is impossible that you are pregnant of that episode of intercourse.

However, a similar but lighter bleeding of a couple of days also can occur at nearly the same of your periods. But Beware this maybe an implantation bleed, which is an early sign of pregnancy.

So whenever in doubt its best to check with a home pregnancy test or consult a gynaecologist as soon as possible.

7 people found this helpful
View All Feed