Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
I am very thin and my cheeks are sunken so please suggest me how to get chubby cheeks and also suggest me how add some weight.
How I could decrease my belly and get six pack very easily? Im 18 years old. I need good answer for the exercises that I should do to decrease belly.
Know how Healthy diet will help you to avoid obesity and cancer
I do workout for attractive body shape I am vegetarian so please suggest me good diet plan for regular basis thank you.
Can drinking WARM WATER CAN MAKES ME THIN ACTUALLY I AM DRINKING allot OF WARM WATER AND MY PANT GETS LOOSE I AM SO THIN WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GAIN WEIGHT DOCTOR HELP ME PLEASE AM SO LONELY AND SICK my wright was 60 but it is 48 doctor.
What should I eat between my meals? During my office. Whole day I use to eat biscuits except lunch. Kindly suggest me.
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
I'm 26 male from mumbai, I'm planning to take ginkgo biloba. I want to know about this. Will it be ok, OR how to take and related details.
I am 5 feet 10 inches tall. Weight 87.5 kg. I am overweight and exercising daily to reduce weight. I already have stretch marks on my waist ,legs, arms. N the way I am working out I lost 2 kgs a week. Will rapid loss cause me more stretch marks? What is the ideal way to loose weight? I run 4 kms n do 30 min cardio. Also will running cause problems on knees?-Manish.
Vitamin B is not one vitamin, but is a complex of 8 vitamins, which not only essential for a good health, but also enables smooth functioning of various functions of the body. Further, each of the vitamin B complexes has specific body functions ranging from iron metabolism to hair health to preventing migraineOur body requires vitamin substances, as stated by their names.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6, B7 (biotin), B9 (folate), B12.
- Vitamin B complex is widely present in food sources, and in someone who eats a well-balanced diet would be getting the required amounts of vitamin B complex.
- Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, is required for the body to make new cells and so has a significant role in the immune system. It ias also known as the anti-stress vitamin as it helps in improving immunity. It also is required for breakdown of carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B2, chemically known as riboflavin, is essential for red blood cell production and transporting oxygen throughout the body. It also has antioxidant properties by reducing free radicals. This also has antiaging properties and reduces the onset of heart disease.
- Vitamin B3, also known as niacin, is essential for cholesterol regulation. It promotes the formation of good cholesterol and so essential for preventing the onset of heart disease. It also is shown to have anti-acne effects.
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid, is essential for fat and carbohydration metabolism. It also is required for the production of hormones including testosterone and cortisol (stress hormones). It is also beneficial to the skin by reducing antiaging effects including reducing brown spots.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, has a major role to play in sleep and mood regulation. It produces various neurotransmitters like serotonin, melatonin, and norepinephrine which are essential for emotional well-being. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
- Vitamin B7 or Biotin is known as the beauty vitamin, as it has major hair, skin, and nail benefits. It is also essential for glucose level maintenance. It assumes great importance in pregnancy as it is important for normal growth of the baby.
- Vitamin B9 or folate or folic acid is again very essential in pregnancy as deficiency can lead to neurological defects in the developing baby. It also plays a major role in carrying oxygen to the cells through the RBCs.
- Vitamin B12 or cobalamin is essential to ensure the other vitamins are functioning properly. B12 deficiency leads to anaemia, as it enables the red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. It is mostly present in non-vegetarian foods and supplements are commonly given in anaemic people.
My progesterone level at 21 day of mensuration is 35 can I pregnant? Please answer me it's very important to know this ans.
I have office job but last 4 years weight is 50 and my body ultra slim because I want normal weight and slim body how can get.
I have a desk job & in last 2 years my weight has gone up from 60 to 87 kgs I want to lose my weight.
Hello. Has diabetes from past 5-6 years no family background has diabetes. He is suffering from Muscular dystrophy from past 10-12 years he can't walk or stand only sitting and sleeping no exercise has more he will control in food and also from past 3-4 months he is not using white rice for his food he is intaking (foxtail Millet) and also taking tab Glynase MF morning and night from past 2-3 years approx please suggest him to control the sugar level correctly food items to in take not to intake. Sugar level (Fasting Blood 181 mg/dl- Urine Trace. Post Blood 297 mg/dl- Urine 0.5%) In this test the post sugar level has increased on last tests it was post <200.
I have belly fat which is best way to reduce that playing badminton or doing belly exercise in home give me ideas.
Diabetes can wreak havoc on the eye and the foot. Proper care is necessary in order to refrain from any serious consequences. It can damage the blood vessels and the nerves of the feet resulting in numbness and permanent disability. Some of the alarming foot symptoms include bruises, cuts, cracked skin and hard spots. Some of the common measures that need to be taken for foot include checking the temperature sensation of the foot by immersing it in hot water, drying the feet gently in between the toes and using agents such as lotion, lanolin, and petroleum jelly.
Some of the other preventive measure includes cutting the nails when they are young and straight to ensure no injury to the foot takes place. It should be ensured the toe is not touched by the nail of the toe. A pumice stone can be used to get rid of the corns immediately after a bath. No medicated pads or sharp razors should be utilised to cut corns. The feet should be soaked in warm water before trimming nails.
A shoe should be put on at all times to save the feet. The shoe sole should be thoroughly checked for foreign objects such as stones and nails to ensure that the foot is not hurt. Tight shoes should be strictly avoided in order to refrain from soreness and blisters. Dry and clean socks should be put up to ensure the foot is clean. For people living in cold area, wearing thick socks should be practised. This will help the foot protect from cold. Finally, a doctor should be called in case there are any visible signs of swelling, redness, cracks, pain or sensation of burning.
Too much blood sugar can cause harm to the eye in four ways: It can cause damage to the retina, lens, optic nerve and vitreous gel. There could be serious repercussions of diabetes to the eye including low vision and complete loss of vision. Diabetes blocks the retina and is capable of cutting off the total supply of oxygen.
Some of the common symptoms of retina related problems include double vision, a pressure in one eye, problems in corner vision, flashing lights, pain in the eye, blank spots etc. A simple check up by an oculist can reveal any eye problems related to diabetes.
An ophthalmologist can treat the diabetes-related eye problem by medicine that blocks the protein responsible for fluid leakage and blood vessel growth. He can also go for laser treatment to treat macular edema. Even scatter laser treatments are also used for this purpose. If all else fails a doctor chooses to perform a procedure known as vitrectomy.
Ayurveda is a popular form of alternative medicine. This system of medication not only treats physical ailments, but also takes care of complete mental and spiritual well-being of a person. According to Ayurveda, the human body is made up to dhatus or tissues, malas or waste products and doshas or energies.
These doshas can be categorised as vata, pitta and kapha dosha. These tridoshas influence all activities of the mind and body, ranging from sensory functions, cell transformations and removal of waste products.
This is the most important of all three energies in the body and is made up primarily of air and ether elements. It drives the other two energies and a vata imbalance can cause imbalance in the other two doshas as well. Vata assists with all the metabolic functions of the body and controls the mental and physical movements both voluntary and involuntary, such as breathing and muscle contraction. It also controls the elimination of bodily waste through sweat, urine and faeces.
Pitta is made up of fire and water elements and is associated with fire element. The pitta also controls metabolism and digestion processes and assists in maintaining the body’s internal temperature. Pitta helps convert external images into optic nerve impulses and hence helps with vision. It is even associated with appetite and the colour and texture of skin. Pitta also helps with comprehension of information and giving a person courage to face situations.
This dosha is shows a predominance of earth and water elements. Kapha gives the body structure and lubrication and helps balance the movement of vata energies and metabolism of pitta energies. Kapha gives a person physical strength and provides mass and structure to the tissues of the body. It also grounds the mind and body and helps with fertility and virility. By providing lubrication, kapha prevents friction in the joints and helps the limbs move smoothly.
Balancing the tridoshas is crucial to the overall health of a person. Each of the doshas has certain properties that determine the type of illness an imbalance of the doshas can cause. While the vata dosha is cold, dry, and rough and has the ability to penetrate through fine particles, pitta is hot, sharp, sour or foul smelling and light. Kapha is cool yet heavy and dense, oily and slimy. These imbalances can be triggered by natural causes, such as age and seasonal changes and unnatural causes like inappropriate diets and lifestyles and traumatic events.
Exercise is one of the best stress-busters for those who believe in it. Sweating it out in any form brings out renewed energy, both physically and mentally. Similarly, running unleashes vast amounts of energy and is one of the most vigorous workouts. Of late, running is a fad, and there are more and more people vying for the half and full marathons.
The following are some pointers for runners. Whether you are just beginning to or are planning for a marathon, read on to know what to do before actually running.
Hydration: Before getting into a running mode, take a minute to think if you have had enough water for the day. The amount of water consumed should be dependent on a number of factors including:
Weather/climatic factors including temperature, humidity etc.
Distance and speed of running
Toilet trips should be done during the day
Consumption of alcohol or caffeine – these will leave you dehydrated
Amount of water in the last 2 hours
Level of thirst
Drink water about 30 minutes before you begin to run, but not to the point that you feel water splashing in the belly and have to stop at the restroom every half an hour.
Food: While it is not advisable to run on an empty stomach, it is not required to eat a full meal before running. Make it easy for the stomach by eating something light like a banana or oats. These are easily digestible and do not tire you out.
Shoes: The most important of all, ensure you are wearing running shoes which are lightweight. Ideally, the right shoes should not cause pain in the shin or the knees and can stand the long runs. Bad shoes can cause severe damage, therefore, it is always wise to invest in a good pair of running shoes.
Work towards a target: Running without having a target is not of much use. Your target could be in the distance covered, time you ran, calories burned, or matching your personal best timing. Whatever you choose, with each run, keeping the route, time, and distance in mind, set a target. Track your run against that target. This can help establish personal best times and help improve performance with other runners too. It also helps get a feeling of accomplishment and a purpose.
- Music: This just peps up your run and often adds to the spring in your foot. A nice lively song can increase the heart rate and prepare you for a longer run. Warming up to a good music also elevates mood and energy levels. Any runner would agree that he enjoys a good music during the run.
Tummy tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure which tightens the muscles of your tummy. Loose skin and fat from your abdomen are also removed and as a result, the abdomen gets flat and toned. This surgery is common among women after pregnancy who want to restore their figure. This surgery also assists patients who have lost a large amount of weight in a short time period. Most tummy tuck surgeries are carried out for cosmetic reasons. However, there are certain medical benefits, which are gained after an abdominplasty is carried out. They are enlisted below.
- Stress urinary incontinence is reduced: After giving birth, many women develop Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI). This is a bladder control disorder that causes leakage of urine without control when you sneeze, cough or laugh loudly. Usually, this disorder can be treated without having a surgery, but in certain cases a tummy tuck enables speedy recovery in patients who did not have a caesarian section. A slight amount of bladder obstruction is created, which reduces the SUI.
- Gives you a better posture and enhanced abdominal tone: The stomach muscles sometimes become distended due to extreme loss of weight or because of pregnancy. A tummy tuck surgery helps in tightening of the weak muscles, removes excess fat and skin and the abdomen gets flattened. After carrying out a tummy tuck, people get an improved posture as the tightened muscles provide better support to the vertebrae.
- Correction of ventral hernia: A ventral hernia occurs due to the breake down of intestinal or abdominal tissues through the abdomen walls, and a sack is formed. The causes include abdominal weakness as a result of huge weight loss or previous surgeries.
The symptoms that lead to a ventral hernia correction are similar to the symptoms of a tummy tuck, as both the surgeries rectify abdominal muscles. Once you have a ventral hernia correction, you may need to repeat it again. In case you have this type of surgery, it is recommended that you should also have a tummy tuck done. This might prevent future occurrence as the combined methods leave you in a much safer condition. Medical expenses and recovery time are also reduced.
Tummy tuck surgery is becoming increasingly popular these days. It is a major surgery which requires almost five hours to be completed successfully. A tummy tuck can remove up to ten pounds of fat from a person’s abdomen. It takes several weeks to recover after having a tummy tuck surgery.