Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Yoga During Pregnancy
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Treatment Of Restenosis
Tantra Yoga Treatment
Beauty Enhancement Procedures
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Submit a review for Paranjothy Health CentreYour feedback matters!
For most people, putting on weight is easy, but losing excess weight can be quite a struggle. Obesity is one of the most common lifestyle ailments today and can trigger a number of health problems, including diabetes and cardio vascular diseases. It also affects your emotional health and self confidence.
Patience and perseverance are crucial when it comes to weight loss. Ayurveda can be very helpful in losing and regulating weight. Ayurveda is not only an alternative to harmful medicines, but also a lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise. Here are a few ayurvedic herbs and preparations that can help you achieve a healthy body weight.
- Ginger: Ginger is rich in chemicals that control the oxidation of fatty acids and regulates cholesterol metabolism. Thus, it suppresses fat accumulation and regulates cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps cleanse the colon thus, aiding in the digestion process. Ginger also increases the body heat and blood flow that helps the body burn fat faster.
- Lemon infused water: Water infused with lemon juice and a spoon of honey on an empty stomach can help detox the body and boost metabolism. The lemon acid slows down the digestion process and help the body absorb nutrients that regulate blood sugar levels and keep you satiated for longer after a meal. In addition to this, lemon water also helps stimulate liver functioning and aids in the removal of waste from the body.
- Guggul: Guggul is a resin extract that is also known as the ‘fat killer’. It has lipid lowering properties that help lower cholesterol levels by speeding up the degradation of cholesterol and reducing the production of cholesterol in the liver. It also increases the amount of thyroid hormones produced that boost metabolism and help burn fat.
- Vrikshamla: Vrikshamla is rich in hydroxy citricacis that helps inhibit the accumulation of fat in the body. It also helps modulate the activities of genes that effect fat synthesis and can prevent the development of visceral fat tissues. Vrikshamla is also rich in serotonin that reduces the tendency to overeat by keeping a person feeling satiated for longer.
- Nigella sativa: This is better known as black cumin, onion seeds or kalonji. These tiny black seeds help lower blood sugar levels that can control your appetite and reduce carbohydrate cravings. It also stimulates the burning of fat and increases metabolism. By enhancing the functioning of the liver, it also helps the body get rid of waste and toxins.
Hi doctor! My age is 30. When am exposing to sun, am getting severe headache, vomiting and unconsciousness for just 3 to 4 secs. After that myself getting in to consciousness. What is the problem? Can you please tell me the answer clearly.
Hi sir I am suffering from migraine and taking medicine every night from past one month. Can I donate blood?
I want to have a flat belly. please suggest me what to do for that in case of diet. I am doing workout for belly for last 1.5 months but the result is negligible. So please please suggest me what to do. What to eat. When to eat. And what should be my diet plan. Eagerly waiting for a reply.
Am suffering from the fungal kind of infections since 8- 10 months Itasys is the tablet which some what cures the infection but it repeats please help.
It cannot really be a nice situation to be in when a person happens to have osteoarthritis. So, while a lot of the effort to improve the situation is focused on making use of painkilling medicines, can physiotherapy help in such cases?
Well, the answer is a resounding yes! When osteoarthritis patients practice some physiotherapy on a regular basis, what they will find is that a fair amount of the freedom they had before the condition affected them would have returned. Is this not some great news?
When it comes to active physiotherapy in order to improve a situation of osteoarthritis, it is generally divided to fall into categories. These categories are namely exercises in strengthening and exercises in flexibility. While the former group aims to make the joints stronger, the latter makes an effort to restore the normal functioning as a result of increasing the range of motion.
Truth be told, it can be said that both are of very high importance in order to cause an improvement. In addition to this, following the directions of the physiotherapist is vital, as an expert knows what hero she is talking about!
While a lot has been told about active physiotherapy, in order to fight osteoarthritis, what can be said of passive physiotherapy for the condition? There are three general categories of treatment under passive physiotherapy. They are heat therapy, cold therapy and hydrotherapy. The aim is to use the different sensations the three have so as to cause an improvement in the circulation of blood in the area or to reduce the extent of the pain and symptoms which are part and parcel of having osteoarthritis.
Cold therapy usually takes place by the way of a cold compress which is applied to the knee. What the aim is, in this case, is that the amount of swelling in the region will reduce and so, the pain that is being felt will also recede, to some extent.
On the other hand, in the case of heat therapy, improved blood flow helps decrease the amount of stiffness. Mobility is obviously an issue when it comes to having osteoarthritis and the best way to get mobile again is to do so in water where the impact is very minimal, as compared to other surfaces. This is why hydrotherapy exists and is so successful.
A lot of osteoarthritis exercises can be done at home after the proper technique is learnt and with such benefits, everyone would wish to learn!