Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for OrthoSports PhysiotherapyYour feedback matters!
Back pain is one of the most common problems of old age and a sedentary lifestyle. Blame it on the computer screens or the idiot box, the problem of back pain has increased to a large extent among people across the globe. Researchers believe it is not just old age, but a sedentary lifestyle is responsible for chronic back pain. While there are painkillers available in the drug stores that provide quick relief for the time being, Ayurvedic treatment of the pain is better. Painkillers provide relief only for a shorter period and there is a high chance of re-occurrence of the pain. Back pain needs a prolonged treatment. Hence, dependence on allopathic drugs for a longer period can have side-effects on other organs. Ayurvedic remedies are harmless and are effective in eradicating the pain completely. However, one must have the patience to continue the Ayurvedic treatment and have faith on it for the ultimate benefits.
As per Ayurveda, due to sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy or wrong diet regimen results in poor metabolism, which produces undigested food toxins. Higher accumulation of this toxins into body plays a major role in Backache.
Ayurveda is one of the oldest sciences of healing and treatment. It helps to achieve longevity. There are two types of treatment procedure in Ayurveda, palliative and purificatory. Ayurvedic practitioners believe that a balanced state of body, mind and consciousness is essential for good health. It can be achieved by purificatory therapy. It refers to the cleansing of the body by removal of toxins or Panchakarma. Kativasti is a procedure that is done prior to Panchakarma. This treatment is very good for backache.
The word Kati refers to the lower abdomen area or the waist. The process of holding warm oil in the region that has been affected is known as vasti. Therefore, Kativasti refers to the process of applying warm Ayurvedic oil on the waist area or other portions of the spine. In this process, the patient is asked to lie down on the bed and then the oil is applied on the affected part, especially the lumbosacral region. Thereafter, a reservoir is built around the affected area. The reservoir is of black gram dough. Medicinal oil is poured into it. The temperature of the oil is kept constant and it is made to pour on the body for some 30-40 minutes. Finally, the oil is gently massaged over the body.
Advantages of Kativasti:
1. It provides strength to the back muscles and joints and maintains the normal curve of the spine.
2. It is effective for any kind of back pain or spine related disorders.|
3. It increases blood circulation in the region.
4. It removes pain related to fractures, dislocation and tumours.
Sir I have been suffering from joint pain and muscle pain and neck pain back pain shoulder pain wrist pain ankle pain Knee pain finger pain since 3 years I mean my whole body aches and pains me Please reply me.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain.in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.
The spinal cord is such a crucial part of the body, and an injury to it can really change people’s lives for the worse. After all, controlling our movements, our sense of feeling and directing the limbs, among other things, makes it so very important. It does happen sometimes that injury to it requires surgery. Isn’t the prospect of the surgery going wrong quite a scary one?
For decades, whenever surgery to the spine was required, the surgeon needed to cut open the skin covering the spine as well as some extra skin, perhaps to see what needed to be done and then go ahead and carry out what was actually required. What this basically meant is that surgery resulted in more damage to the muscles and skin. This led to people taking longer to recover.
Most of the injuries that surgeons who specialise in surgeries of the spine comes across are decompressions and fusion of the spine. While the old style open surgery was popular, it is good to know minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) is a possibility since it is spreading across the medical world and makes so much sense.
So, what can a person look forward to while having an MISS, as compared to the conventional kind? When it comes to MISS, the incisions which have to be made in most of the cases are very small. Generally, they should not be longer than a few inches. The reason why they need to be made is so that the equipment can be inserted into the body and so can a camera so that the surgeon can see what he or she is doing with sufficient amount of accuracy. Moreover, since the incision is small, the blood loss is less and the scar on the patient’s body is also small.
Well, the best part is that it will take far less time for the patient to get up and running again. The return to activities, which were part and parcel of one’s daily routine, will take a lot less time. This also means that the medical costs which one would need to bear would be lower as a person would be able to move back home from the hospital a lot sooner than would normally be the case.
Considering this, there is not much to “MISS” about the era of open surgery!