Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Nirmal ClinicYour feedback matters!
Ever since our family shifted to Kharghar around 10 years back, Dr. Kailash Gokral has been our family physician. We totally trust and believe in his diagnosis and treatment. He lends a patient ear to all our ills and woes and explain everything in detail. Even on holidays, he is accessible to us. A good and trusted family physician is a boon and we are blessed. I would recommend Dr. Gokral to one and all.
To achieve optimum health we tend to listen to advice from all and sundry. Unqualified advice may lead to confusion and illness. So what should people really have in their diet?
It would be wise to include the following in your meals:-
1. Nuts: Pistas, almonds or walnuts. Not more than 6 to 8 daily of each. Preferably early morning before breakfast. Avoid cashew nuts and groundnuts.
2. Fruits: Atleast 2 medium sized seasonal fruits like apple or orange daily. Preferably to be had between meals.
3. Vegetables: They should be cooked minimally. At least one green veg and one sprout. Also have salad.
4. Fish oil: Either 200 gm fish weekly or cos liver oil capsules twice daily.
5. Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp per person per day. Preferably as a dressing over salads. Don't use for cooking.
Some tips for having meals:
1. Keep 2 - 3 hours between your dinner and bedtime.
2. Restrict use of salt to less than 1 tsp per person per day.
3. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. Never have large quantities of water at a time. Generally sedentary workers should not have more than 2.5 liters of water daily. Don't have water immediately after meals. Wait for at least 30 minutes after meals.
4.1 tsp of cow ghee is recommended for essential fats.
5. Don't have more than 300 kcal per meal.
6. Limit every meal size to what fits in a quarter plate.
7. It is advisable to fast once weekly having fruits, vegetable salad and milk.
8. Use minimal sugar in your meals. Stay away from carbonated sodas.
Exercise for all
Indians require more exercise than westerners.
Exercise daily for 1 hour. Break it up as follows:
40 minutes cardio
10 minutes weights
10 minutes office exercise (stretching and walking in the office)
While doing cardio maintain your pulse at about 80% of your maximum heat rate (approx 120 bpm)
Always warm up before exercise and do stretches after exercise.
Stay any exercise routine gradually.
Daily variations in speed and intensity of exercise are recommended and are most useful.
Drink water or light diet 30 min prior to exercise. Have a warm shower after exercise. Never cold water bath.
Stick to your routine despite all odds.
Get a massage once a month.
Don't exercise with sprained muscles. Give them adequate rest.