Doctor in Modern Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Modern ClinicYour feedback matters!
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you.
Viral fever refers to a wide range of conditions caused by viral infections of the body. These infections lead to an elevation of body temperature, along with a variety of other symptoms such as headaches, body aches, chills and skin rashes. Viral fever can affect people of all age groups and may even be highly contagious if it is not contained and treated.
What causes viral fever?
Viral fever is caused by the infestation of viruses that spread through various avenues. These viruses enter the body and multiply at a specific site, leading to an infection that manifests itself as the symptoms of fever. This fever may be chronic or acute, depending on the nature of the infection and can easily spread from one person to another.
Some of the ways in which viral fever spreads are as follows:
Consumption of contaminated food and water.
Contact with contaminated surfaces.
Contact with infected animals.
The symptoms of viral fever begin to show after an incubation period during which the virus multiplies within the body. The nature and duration of the illness varies from case to case. The most common symptoms of viral fever that accompany high body temperatures include the following:
Redness of the eyes
Inflammation of the throat
How is viral fever treated?
A case of viral fever can be quite easily treated if there is an absence of complications. For this, the illness simply needs to be diagnosed early. The use of antibiotics and steroids for treatment is advised against unless the infections have escalated beyond a certain extent. Some of the ways to treat viral fever are:
Prescription of antiviral medication
Adequate bed rest
Ample fluid intake
Administration of nasal decongestants
In most cases, the illness gets treated within the span of a few days. However, if the symptoms persist any longer, it is advisable to consult a specialist to check for underlying problems or complications.
Recovery from a hernia after the surgery will need a time of approximately 2-3 weeks. The time for recovery also depends upon the surgery performed. An open surgery performed through a large incision across the region of a hernia will require a longer hospital stay and a longer time for recovery, whereas, in contrast, a laparoscopic surgery performed with 2-3 small incisions will heal faster and will need a shorter hospitalization.
The recovery process can be speeded up by taking appropriate care, and recovery tips for it are as follows:
- Medication should regularly be taken as recommended by the doctor to lessen the symptoms of the surgery.
- Wound care should be taken properly.
- Dressings should be kept clean and dry, and they need to be changed very frequently in order to avoid the infection.
- A persistent cough and sneezing need to be treated with the proper medication.
- Keep a pillow nearby.
- Every time while coughing and sneezing hold the pillow over the suture in order to prevent pressure on the sutures.
- Use an abdominal binder of a proper size. It supports the abdominal muscle and maintains abdominal pressure.
- Use clothing which is expandable and has elastic waistbands whenever there is swelling.
- Swelling over the incision is a common complication after the surgery. Thus, the incision area should not be closed tightly by wearing tight clothing.
- Wearing expandable cloths will give more comfort and will not cause pain due to pressure. Take a stool softener before and after surgery.
- Constipation should be treated before the surgery and should be avoided after the surgery by using stool softeners.
- Straining for the stools will create pressure over the incision and hernia repair site and will delay the recovery.
- Eat healthy food. The food should be fiber-rich as it will help to improve the bowel movements, and it will avoid the risk of constipation.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid constipation and improve the bowel movement.
- Do not bend to pick up the things or maintain personal hygiene, i.e., cutting toenails as it will create pressure on the sutures and it may break open.
- Avoid lifting of any objects as it will create pressure on sutures and will increase the risk of rupture. After a certain period of time, lift only light items (less than 20 pounds), and always use back muscles and knees.
- Do moderate exercises, such as walking, as it will speed up the recovery. Do not start with heavy exercises.
- Smoking should be avoided after the surgery as it will improve breathing and blood circulation, which will help in the healing process.
There has been enough discourse about the benefits of green tea over the past few years. It is indeed one of the healthiest beverages available in the market. Green tea has been labelled as one of the best health drinks available today. A lot of people vouch for the qualities of green tea and even start their day with a cup. While there has been a lot of talk of the health effects of green tea, let us look at some of the specific reasons as to why having green tea every day is important for your health.
- Weight loss: This is the predicament that a lot of people face today. Sedentary lifestyles have led to a lot of weight woes and green tea is the perfect ingredient for that. Having green tea regularizes the metabolism which is effective in maintaining the weight. In doing so it also aids in fighting diseases like diabetes, heart diseases and many more. Basically, it paves the way for a healthy and fitter life.
- Stress booster: Green tea is supposed to contain thiamine that brings about a soothing effect. The decaffeinated green tea needs to be consumed regularly and in perfect quantities to fight the stress factor. Hence, green tea can bring about a calming effect on your life.
- Oral health: Green tea is supposed to be a great booster for oral health. As an anti-bacterial, green tea reduces bacteria and keeps cavities at bay. They reduce gum diseases, reduce enamel loss and keep the stinking breath at bay.
- Maintains eyesight: Green tea along with all its anti-oxidants penetrates the tissues of your eyes and helps maintain a healthy eye sight. Drinking green tea can be very protective to the eyesight and helps maintain it.
- UV Protection: Green tea is rich in catechins and that makes the skin resistant to UV rays. This, in turn, protects the skin from premature aging. So next time you are to move out in the sun, make sure to have a cup of green tea along with those sunscreens.
- Build immunity: Green tea seems to have some magical qualities. It has been shown by research that green tea builds immunity and keeps one away from bacterial and fungal attacks. Bigger diseases like flu, dysentery, and diarrhoea are also kept at bay by regular consumption of green tea.
- Energizing: Unlike tea and coffee that are high in caffeine, green tea is not addictive and at the same time energizes the entire body and prepares you for a long day at work.
The biggest organ of the body, skin can also be plagued with diseases and problems unheard of apart from common skin conditions.
Here are some of the rare skin conditions that you must know of:
- Argyria: This skin condition is characterized by blue or gray skin and develops due to ingestion or exposure to a large quantity of silver for a long period of time. This is a permanent skin problem without any known cure as of now. Causes for it can range from working in a sliver mine, developing photographs to consumption of silver supplements for curing a range of health problems such as diabetes, arthritis and so on. Apart from the toxicity caused by the exposure or ingestion of the element, a very common side effect of silver is a change in the color of your skin.
- Dermatographia: A rare skin condition, a person suffering from this tends to have skin that is exceedingly sensitive to light scratches and minor injuries. This happens due to the hypersensitivity of the body's immune system, which reveals itself in the skin. As a consequence it brings about the release of huge quantity of histamine, leading to the dilation of capillaries and formation of swellings when the surface of the skin gets scratched.
- Harlequin Ichthyosis: Affecting newborns the most, the skin condition sees babies being born with hard and thick plates of skin all over their body. The condition renders newborns with the inability to control fluid and water loss, causing instances of severe dehydration. Newborns with this condition also experience trouble breathing, moving, controlling their body temperature as well as warding off infections. Many experts consider it to be a genetic disorder brought on by the mutation of the abca12 gene, leading to the improper development of the epidermis (outer layers of skin cells).
- Xeroderma Pigmentosum: Over here, the individual is said to be sensitive to uv light, which makes him or her avoid sunlight whether direct or indirect and even florescent illumination. In addition to blisters on the skin and sunburn, symptoms of the condition also include dark and light skin patches. It can also cause your skin to become thin, resulting in the appearance of blood vessels and spots. Development of skin cancer is the final outcome of this skin condition.
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: This skin condition brings about the shedding and falling off of not only your skin but even the lining of your internal organs. The skin problem is closely associated with another form of skin disease called toxic epidermal necrolysis (ten). It is usually identified through blisters and painful rashes that develop on the skin surface.
Dieting has become synonymous with weight loss. Many people believe that giving up on the tasty and lip-smacking cuisines and delicacies can help them to get back in shape. From living on fruits and vegetables to almost starving themselves, people try different forms of dieting to lose weight. Most people start dieting with a bang but lose their focus and determination in between. In this regard lifestyle habits surely earn brownie points. More and more people are implementing healthy lifestyle practices in their lives. These changes have made their lives a lot easier. What is more, it also takes care of their body weight
As per a survey, many people quit dieting within a week. People often starve themselves in the name of dieting. Needless to say, they not only fail to lose weight but also end up with numerous side effects and health complications. Dieting is all about eating the right kind of foods in appropriate quantities as per your body requirements. There are many reasons why dieting often fails.
- Starting with a diet plan without consulting a specialist in itself is a wrong approach. Every person has different body structure and requirements. What works for one person may fail for another.
- Many people with strict dieting often experience diet withdrawal symptoms. They get mood swings, suffer from skin problems, digestive problems, feel weak and dizzy. In some, there may be a brain fog. Under extreme conditions, people have no other options but to give up dieting.
- Dieting can be a struggle for people whose life revolved around food binging. Having to give up on their favorite foods is no joke. The cravings can drive them crazy. Add to that, social functions, peer pressure, birthday parties, and weddings. The only outcome possible is dieting long gone down the drain.
While dieting can end on a disastrous note for most people, healthy lifestyle practices gives you a lot of reasons to cheer about. Healthy changes in lifestyle habits have helped many people to stay fit and healthy, and most importantly, maintain a desirable body weight.
- Making changes in lifestyle habits is no Herculean task. Many people have benefited immensely by making small yet effective lifestyle changes.The lifestyle habits like meditation or swimming are neither drastic or harsh. In fact, these are known to be great mood enhancers and stress busters.
- Everyone knows the health benefits of sleeping. From stress to weight problems, it takes care of everything. A sound sleep and proper rest are lifestyle practices that most people will love to follow.
- Healthy lifestyle practices can be fun and yet rewarding. It comes with negligible or no side effects.
- Unlike dieting, the lifestyle habits are not only healthy but also easy on the body. They are here to stay not for days or weeks, but for as long as you live.