Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Mind Over Image ConsultingYour feedback matters!
Everybody has experienced headaches at some time or other in their lives. It is the most common pain which one suffers from and usually goes away on its own without any treatment. In rare cases, this pain may be a sign of a serious medical condition and you need to see a specialist for headaches. Normally headaches which are moderate or severe in nature and are not responsive to over-the-counter pain relievers are a cause of concern.
However, here are some signs that can be warnings that should not be ignored:
- It occurs more than three times per month
- Headache with nausea and vomiting
- Headache with fever
- Headache with pain in the eye or ear
- Headache accompanied by other neurological symptoms such as seizures or change in vision, numbness, and difficulty with speech or weakness
- It awakens you from sleep
- A sudden headache that feels like explosion or thunderclap
- It causes confusion or loss of consciousness
- Headache after head injury
- Headaches beginning after the age of 50
The reason why you need to see a specialist in such cases is first to identify the cause of headache and then to get a pain management plan accordingly. The pain management specialist doctors have completed additional training and have additional certification in treating headaches. They may also work in a clinic dedicated to treating headaches. This empowers them to identify the cause of headache accurately. You might be surprised that headaches can be caused due to simple reason like dehydration or in some cases be an early sign of a life threatening brain tumor.
Pain management plans offered by the specialist
Depending on the signs and symptoms of your headache the pain management specialist will guide you if you have tension headaches, migraine headaches, or cluster headaches and treat it appropriately.
- Tension headache – These are the most common headaches caused due to the stress of day to day living and the specialist will mostly treat it with a prescription of over the counter pain medication and sometimes meditation too.
- Migraine headache - A person with a migraine headache has a more severe headache pain and may also experience sensitivity to light and sound, nausea and vomiting. Hence along with medication the specialist will guide you to keep a journal of the possible triggers and help you eliminate them.
- Cluster headache - Cluster headaches typically occur on one side of the head and are quite rare. They are more painful and usually will not respond to over-the-counter medication. People with cluster headaches usually have to take medication every day to prevent their headaches, because they are difficult to stop once they have started and they are utterly incapacitating.
What the specialist will actually do for your headache depends not just on the type of headache but also its cause and severity. So reach out to a specialist if you have any of the above mentioned signs and symptoms for an accurate diagnosis and to recover sooner.
Do you know that dandruff causes acne?
Acne is a skin condition that happens when pores get clogged with dead skin cells and oil, giving rise to pimples. It can be caused by numerous reasons like hormonal changes, improper diet, stress, consumption of specific drugs, excessive use of cosmetic products etc. In addition to these factors, acne can be caused by dandruff too, which may not be known to most of you. It has been observed that people who suffer from dandruff problems are more prone to getting pimples.
How does dandruff cause acne?
Dandruff has been associated with presence of yeast or fungi, it is also associated with abnormal skin ultrastructure. Dandruff makes the skin on your scalp flaky. These dry flakes of skin are often responsible for clogging the pores on your face, mostly affecting your forehead. In this way, dandruff triggers appearance of acne and can worsen the condition of your skin if you already have pimples. Though acne is more common among teenagers, acne due to dandruff is mostly experienced by people above the age of 20.
How can you prevent acne due to dandruff?
Eradicating dandruff from your scalp is the best way to prevent acne breakouts on your skin due to dandruff. Here are some simple ways to keep acne due to dandruff away from your skin.
1. Ensure that your hair stays off your face
Keeping hair off your face will ensure that dandruff doesn't come in contact with your skin and clog pores, preventing pimples. For this, you can use hair bands or tie your hair in a ponytail or braid.
2. Brush your hair at least twice a day
Brushing your hair at least two times a day will ensure that the dead cells on your scalp are removed and don't get a chance to clog pores. This option is highly beneficial in getting rid of acne caused by dandruff.
3. Use medicated anti-dandruff shampoo
Topical medicated solutions like a medicated shampoo should be used as a treatment. Short contact period of shampoo with scalp is important for more benefit. Good conditioner should also be used after head wash with shampoo.
Doctor, my cholesterol is 238 and it is very high. Due to my job and night shift, am able to only walk for 30 to 40 minutes a day in form of exercise. My Doctor recommended me Storvas 20 for 3 months. Many a times, I consume alcohol moderately to get sleep and I read that post consumption of alcohol, taking Storvas 20 will impact lever. Can I take Storvas 20 during day instead of night?
She got blood on her urine last night then we came to hospital and they admitted her gave her saline some test taken. Report r high like urine test pus cells is 10_15hgf and 17900 one more so should we admit her in the hospital or it can be ok by medicine please reply.
I got its cholesterol level checked and he got HDL as 34 LDL as 141 and non HDL 153. I am non smoker and even does not drink. My job is a desk job and I having 75 kg weight and height 5'6. Please suggest him medicine and exercise.
My bhabhi is daily seducing and trying to attract me towards her. I am in a confused state should I go ahead and make Love with her. What will be the impact physically and mentally. Will there be chance of any disease. Is it right to make Love with her and other consequences that may happen. Experts please guide me what to do. Thanks in advance.
I have some small acne scars on my cheeks n forehead. Want to remove bt can't afford any expensive treatment. Is any cream treat my scars? please suggest.
Mam I have hair loss problem my hair is falling daily I have also dandruff problem I wash my hair daily but problem continued. Please help me.
I have found many pimples on my face pls give me treatment solution why I remove my pimple and scars from my face sir.
Are you suffering from wheezing or recurring symptoms of breathlessness and pressure in the chest? The good news is that these symptoms of asthma can be managed, controlled and relieved by an alternative treatment of Ayurveda.
Here are six Ayurvedic remedies for asthma:
- Diet and nutrition: You should chew your food properly and eat attentively. Avoid over-fullness of the chest and eat a little lesser than your capacity. The following fluid and food items are beneficial to prevent the onset of asthma:
- Green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits
- Onions, as they contain an anti-inflammatory compound called Quercetin
- Tulsi, as it contains therapeutic benefits, which have the power to prevent asthma
- Turmeric and honey as they can minimize nasal acuteness
- Lukewarm water throughout the day
- Ginger and pepper
- Foods to avoid:
- Lifestyle changes and daily routine: It is essential to establish a daily routine in order to maintain a balanced bodily rhythm. When we eat, sleep or exercise at the wrong time, our body loses its natural cycle and will not cleanse or heal itself. Therefore, create a daily schedule to do the right things at the right time.
- Stress management: Asthma is often worsened by heightened levels of stress, anxiety and mental fatigue.
- Hormonal changes caused by stress can aggravate the nervous system and depress the immune response.
- Keep stress at bay and prevent asthma by doing some healthy breathing exercises.
- For instance, practice pranayama to keep your lungs healthy and enable a fresh flow of air with its breathing techniques. Identify your trigger points for stress and alleviate them.
- Massage with herbal oil: Soothe and balance your nervous system with naturally herb-induced oils. The herbs present in the oils will penetrate your tissue beds and stabilize the affected areas:
- Yoga: According to Ayurveda, the accumulation of toxins in the body lead to asthma. An impaired digestion leads to the deposit of mucus or phlegm in the lungs, causing obstruction in breathing. Yoga is a proven remedy for asthma. It aims to have a positive effect on the body’s healing response and also strengthens the body's digestive system.
- Prevent asthmatic triggers: Make it a point to keep your surroundings neat and clean. Keep away from pollutants, dust, smoke, pollen and other medications that can trigger asthma.
Extreme hair fall after delivery, earlier mildly PCOS before pregnancy. Acne and pimples now. Worries lot.
I have some small deep acne scars on my cheeks n forehead. I want remove these scars bt can't afford expensive treatments. please suggest.
I feel the smells around me very strong and feel difficult to breath as well as face a very bad headache too.
The pressing urge to do loads in a short span of time, to plan life in a day, to see dreams unfurl into reality at the slightest of efforts inundates millions across the world. It is neither about the goals one sets before oneself nor about rational expectations arising from the awareness of one's capabilities. The problem runs deeper. Happiness and health are two elemental factors discerning the quality of your life. Happiness is directly proportional to your personal health. Neglecting one will affect the other. The best way to cope in the given situation is to take a detour from the overriding rat race. While others are in a hurry, you must slow down and care to nurture your mind and body.
Take a look at the benefits of slowing down:
- It will give you ample time to interact: Moving out of your comfort zone in order to exchange ideas with colleagues or friends plays an eminent role in shaping your personality. Interaction provides a person with food for thought. Therefore slowing down a little will encourage a free flow of countless ideas.
- It will encourage you to pursue a hobby: Hobbies keep you alive. You should take out time to pursue an interest. This is a tried and tested way of rekindling happiness in one's life.
- It will make you attentive towards others: A fast life shelters you within its clutches. You fail to take note of the changes in and around you. Going slow will let you take care of your loved ones.
- It will enable you to see your inimitability: Once you slow down, you'll find time to introspect and retrospect as well. A person can come to realize how unique he or she is in this vast scope of things.
- It will improve your sex life: Dopamine is the chief chemical that regulates a person's sexual desires. Increased levels of stress can hamper the production of dopamine making you lax about sex. Taking an easy pace can add zing to your sex life.
- It will keep your heart healthy: Being overly hyper about delay subjects you to the risk of heart diseases. You should never be frantic about plans; this can lead to high blood pressure or can even cause severe harm to your heart health.