Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Menon PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Especially for new wearers, Lace Hair Skin is the best choice. It is durable and quite invisible against skin.
It is totally breathable due to thinning of Lace Hair Skin, and is useful for those living in warm climate. The Poly sides and back make these hair skins for thinning hair easy to tape and clean. These mens hair skin for thinning hair look natural because of the graduated, bleach knot single hairline. These hair skins for thinning hair have durable double knots on the rest of the base. This wonderful type of hair skin provides the customers with a high quality ultra thin skin of hair skin that comes with a lace made especially for the urban men.
The base design has a soft lace front part
A skin base with natural look and easy to tape, and with some durability
Reinforced threads are stitched to lace front for good contour and longer life span
Front hairline and top totally undetectable, Natural appearance, beautiful looking
The product has a 120% hair density with an average of 6 inches of hair length
It has free style hair direction
The curl and wave is the same 30 mm
Soft, feather light, breathable, durable, bleach knots on top and front makes undetectable
Front hairline and top view, natural looking and beautiful appearance,
Transparent thin skin on sides and back make it easy to attach and clean.
There are Various types of Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee:
1. Hollywood Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee
2. Fine Hollywood Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee
3. French Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee
4. Fine French Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee
5. Swiss Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee
6. Full Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee
7. Top Lace Hair Patches / Hair Skin / Toupee
More than 90% of pregnancies continue towards a healthy outcome. However, to have a normal pregnancy one must have a retrospective diagnosis for the same and this invariably may be associated with multiple questions from both the parents and close family members. Hence pre-natal screening in several forms allows early prediction of possible problems which may or may not be genetic/inherited. Cases are thus segregated as either high risk or low risk pregnancies and with the aid of specialized FMF- UK accredited softwares we are able to offer the surveillance required on an individual basis.
Maintained international standards of fetal care.
First trimester screening is a combination of fetal ultrasound and maternal blood tests. The ultrasound is done between 11- 13 +6 weeks and is performed by a FMF accredited operator. The blood test is performed on FMF approved bio-chemical assay systems and measures two hormones, beta- HCG and PAPP-A.
The combination of the nuchal translucency and the blood test is known as the combined first trimester screening test which has a 93-95% sensitivity in predicting the risk of chromosomal abnormalities, the most common of which is Down syndrome.
A specific set of guidelines has been formulated for performing the nuchal translucency , cervical, anomaly and fetal well being scans including fetal Dopplers. A scan done as per guidelines helps calculate the risks for aneuploidies (chromosomal abnormalities) and prognosticate the pregnancy for the risk of pre-eclampsia and/or pre-term labour in order to continue a stress free pregnancy both for the mother and near and dear ones!
The need for a CVS or an Amniocentesis
The results of the first trimester combined screening test are available in a weeks time. It provides us with the risks (probability) for the fetus having any chromosomal abnormality. As per guideline, an invasive prenatal test in the form of CVS (chorionic villous sampling) 10-12 weeks or amniocentesis , beyond 16 weeks is offered as a diagnostic test if the risks are higher than 1 in 150. Though these tests carry a risk of miscarriage , 0.5-1%, they are 100% diagnostic for certain chromosomal abnormalities. It is for you to decide whether or not the risk of having a chromosomal abnormality is high enough to warrant having an invasive test.
टीएनज एक ऐसी अवस्था है जिसमे बच्चो में शारीरिक और मानसिक बहुत सारे बदलाव होने लगते है जिसके के कारन बच्चो के बेहेवियर में कई तरह के बदलाव अचानक होने लगते है अगर समय रहते हम इन बदलाओ को पहचान के कुछ जरूरी कदम उठाले तो हम बच्चो की अच्छी पेरेंटिंग कर सकते है
गुस्सा - बच्चो में हर बात पे गुस्सा और चिड़चिड़ाहट होना टीनएज का पहला बड़ा लछड़ होता है बच्चो को बिना किसी बात के गुस्सा आने लगता है और वो जल्दी परेशान हो जाते है ऐसे समय जब बच्चा बहुत गुस्से में हो तो उससे ज्यादा बात करने को कोशिश न करे और उसे कुछ समय के लिए अकेला छोड़ दे और जब वो रिलैक्स हो जाये तब ही उससे बात करे , और परेशानी का कारन पूछे
फैशन पे ज्यादा धयान देना - उम्र बढ़ने के साथ साथ बच्चो का शारीरिक और मानसिक विकास होने लगता है इसमें वो अपने पढ़ाई से ज्यादा फैशन से जुडी चीजो के बारे में जानकारी लेना और इस्तेमाल करना शुरू कर देते है और बहुत ज्यादा कॉस्मेटिक खरीदने लगते है ऐसे में बच्चो को फैशन के बारे में बताये उनको नए कपडे खरीदने में मदद करे और साथ ही साथ उन से बातचीत करते रहे और उनकी राय लेते रहे
सोशल मीडिया का इस्तेमाल - आजकल हर बच्चा सोशल मीडिया और फेसबुक का इस्तेमाल कर रहा है तो इसे में बच्चो पर इन सब सोशल मीडिया की चीजो को इस्तेमाल करने से न रोके पर सोशल मीडिया इस्तेमाल करने से पहले उनकी ट्रेंनिंग करे उनको बताये की सोशल मीडिया का क्या सही इतेमाल है और उससे किस किस तरह की परेशानियां हो सकती है
मोबाइल का ज्यादा इस्तेमाल - आज हर बच्चा मोबाइल का इस्तेमाल करता है ऐसे में बच्चे मोबाइल का इस्तेमाल मनोरंजन में ज्यादा करने लगे है वो मोबाइल में गेम खेलते है , इन्टरनेट इस्तेमाल करते है और रात में ज्यादा बात करते है इसके लिए पेरेंट्स कुछ सावधानिया रक्खे बच्चो को बहुत छोटी उम्र में स्मार्ट फ़ोन न दे , मोबाइल फ़ोन ज्यादा इन्तेमाल न खुद करे और बच्चो को भी शिखाएं की मोबाइल का जरुरत पड़ने पर ही इस्तेमाल करे और बच्चो को रात में मोबाइल पे बात करने से रोके
अपोजिट सेक्स के लिए आकर्षण - बढती उम्र में बच्चो को अपोजिट सेक्स के लिए आकर्षण होने लगता है ऐसे में बच्चा बहुत ज्यादा अकेला रहना पसंद करते है और अपनी बातो को छुपाना पसंद करते है ऐसे में माता पिता बच्चे से सेक्स education को लेकर बात करे और अगर बच्चा किसी तरह के पर्सनल रिलेशन में है तो उस पर रिलेशन छोड़ने का ज्यादा दबाव न बनाये और बच्चे से अपनी बातचीत बनाये रक्खे
कुछ बातो का विशेष धयान रख्खे -
- बच्चो के सामान की जासूसी न करे
- गुस्से में बच्चो को गलत शब्द न कहे बच्चो के खाने पीने का विशेष धयान दे
- बच्चो का दूसरे बच्चो से तुलना न करे
- बच्चो की आदर दे कर बात करे
- बच्चे की आदतों का ध्यान रख्खे
- किसी भी हालात में बच्चे से बात करना न बंद करे
- बच्चो की पढ़ाई में रूचि का धयान दे
- बच्चो के साथ सामाजिक कार्यक्रमो में जरूर जाये
- बच्चो उनकी हॉबी के अनुसार अपना काम करने दे
Sex has beenthe life nerve of human existence. Modern lifestyle has caused much damage tothe sex life because of the changing life styles. Sex life needs an inevitablebooster in the modern life style.
Boost your Sex with Asparagus
Intoday’s hyper-connected, globalized world, where images and fashions aretranslated across continents in the blink of an eye, man’s personal life,including sex, is facing a lot of problems. Products for boosting sex drivethat are flooded in the markets portray the loss of normal sex life in thecomputer era.
A well-balanced diet with asparagus
Some of thesenatural foods increase male and female sex hormones, while others elevate moodor boost sperm production. The most important foods, such as asparagus,drumstick, etc., play a critical role in increasing blood flow. They stimulateyour nervous and circulatory systems and send more blood flowing to your sexorgans, resulting in enhanced sexual arousal and performance.
An ancient aphrodisiac asparagus
Asparagus has been asuccessful aphrodisiac from ancient days. It is rich in folate, a B vitaminthat helps increase your production of histamine, a promoter of sex life.Proper levels of histamine play an essential role in sex drive for both men and women.
An aphrodisiac that triggers both mind and body
The very name of asparagus suggests it is an aphrodisiac. The French word for asparagus Asperger’ which is a slang word for the male sex organ. As an aphrodisiac,asparagus is considered as a psycho-physiological aphrodisiac because of its shape. It is said to trigger the mind to have a physiological response to enhance sex.
A promoter of fertility
Asparagus is an effective promoter for both male and female fertility. High in nutrition and low in calories, shoots of this vegetable have tempted many a taste bud with delicious savor and delicate flavor. It has great effect when it is used as soup with drumstick.
There is no bedroom issue quite as distressing as a soft manhood, but your penis problem is a more common issue than you think.
As many as 25 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction of all age groups and as little as one in four seek treatment.
We are all familiar about the little blue pill that can fix the failure to rise but you do not necessarily need any medications to restore your erections. The good news is there are natural solutions that work well for men and some research suggests that certain vitamins for ed and supplements can also help. Around 70 percent of ED treatments are restored using home remedies and natural treatments.
Erectile dysfunction is caused by a handful of things, but one thing's for sure: you need a healthy supply of the best vitamins for erections to achieve and maintain an healthy sex life. Healthy blood vessels are necessary for good circulation, as blood is pumped around the body to carry nutrients to the cells.Vitamins can help the blood vessels to dilate or open so blood can fill the manhood. As you get older you will possibly need more nutrients than your diet can supply. Fortunately, you can boost your intake of nutrients with vitamins supplements along with improved diet as outlined below.
Medications like Viagra can fix this problem for a few hours, but vitamins and amino acids have been eliminating erection problems for centuries. Even though these vitamin supplements are natural, vitamins and amino acids can interact with medications, so it is important to seek advice from your doctor before you add any vitamin to your daily routine. This is also recommended since studies have shown that erection issues can be linked to larger health issues.
The Best Vitamins For Impotence
These are the best vitamins for erections and have been eliminating erection problems long before the little blue pill became a popular quick fix.
1. Vitamin C
In addition to boosting your immune system, vitamin C is also important to preserving health. This in turn has been associated with increased sexual performance.
2. Vitamin D
Researchers have found that men who are vitamin D deficient were far more likely to have difficulty getting it up than those men who have sufficient levels. This vitamin is crucial for keeping blood vessels healthy. Without this, blood flow is restricted, affecting everything from your circulation and your ability to get a hard-on.
3. Vitamin B3
The vitamin helps increase blood flow and erectile function and a deficiency is one of the underlying causes of erectile dysfunction.
4. Folic Acid
Erectile problems can sometimes be linked to cardiovascular issues. If your heart isn't in full health, your sex life maybe suffering as result. Men who suffer with moderate to severe erection problems have significantly lower levels of folic acid than guys without the issue. The B vitamin has been shown to work with nitric oxide which would explain why an absence of it would lead to problems in the manhood. This seems to help with erectile dysfunction more than some medications. Treatment with folic acid resulted in men having an increase in their erectile strength.
This mineral is needed for a healthy sex life and a deficiency is linked to low testosterone levels which contributes to weaker erections. Zinc supplements can significantly improve matters in the bedroom. Food items loaded with Zinc can include oysters, shellfish, nuts and seeds.
Erectile dysfunction is best treated by tackling the actual cause of the problem, whether this is physical or psychological reason. On top of using the best vitamins for erections, include a healthy diet that is high in fibre and nutrients. Eat fresh vegetables, apples, oats and whole grains.
If you are looking to stop your erectile dysfunction permanently and start having hard erections, these vitamins can Stop Erectile Dysfunction Read here our featured story of how one man cured himself within a few days using a natural remedy to cure his erectile dysfunction.
Simple, by following these 5 expert-backed tips for starting a healthy lifestyle which will ensure that you start the morning right!
- Start your day with a glass of water
- Consume your breakfast within an hour of waking up. Ensure it is high in protein.
- Make time for a morning exercise routine
- Never skip any food group. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Eat healthy snacks every 2-3 hours a day.
Lupus is an autoimmune system disease in which the body's immune system gets hyperactive and attacks the normal and healthy tissue. It is a chronic illness. Individuals with lupus may encounter episodes of a flare up when symptoms show up, and episodes of remission when the side effects are under control. During a lupus flare up one may experience side effects such as weariness, exhaustion, weight reduction, fever, and iron deficiency. Flares and remissions can happen at any time, all of a sudden.
Some of the cautioning signs of a flare are as follows:
- Weakness and fatigue
- High fever
- Increased pain
- Development of a rash or worsening of one
- Disturbed stomach
- A migraine or wooziness
Some of the ways through which one can reduce lupus flare-ups are as follows
- Figure out how to perceive the signs of a flare up and talk to your specialist regarding them.
- Keep up your physical well-being. Make sure to visit your specialist frequently, regardless of the fact that you are feeling fine. Plan customary dental, eye, and gynecological exams.
- Get enough rest. Be adaptable with your timetable of day-by-day exercises.
- Attempt to limit your anxiety and stress. Since this might be difficult to do now and again, think about creating a method of managing stress. Build up an emotionally supportive network that includes your family, companions, medicinal or nursing experts, group associations, and care groups.
- Participate in an activity or a project to help you keep up physical wellness and decrease stress.
- Have a solid and healthy eating routine.
- Limit your exposure to the sun and different sources of bright light, for example, fluorescent or incandescent lamps.
- Notify your specialist immediately regarding any damage, ailment, or infection in case you do not feel well.
- Delay elective surgery (dental surgery and teeth pulling) until your lupus is under control or going away.
- Lupus may bring about issues for a pregnant woman and her child. Thus, women with lupus need to be careful while planning any pregnancy. Try not to quit using conception prevention until you have talked about the likelihood of pregnancy with your specialist and he or she has verified that you are perfectly healthy to get pregnant.
- Talk to your specialist before you quit taking any recommended medicines.
- Check with your specialist or attendant before taking any over-the-counter prescriptions.
- Be cautious while attempting any over-the-counter medications for your skin or scalp. In case there is any redness, rash, raised areas, itching or irritation, do not use the medicine.
- Know that specific physician recommended medications might trigger a flare. up Likewise, tell your lupus specialist or doctor if any new prescriptions have been recommended for you.
- Make sure to check with your lupus specialist before accepting any vaccination. Routine injections, including those for season's flu virus and pneumonia, are an essential piece of keeping up your well-being, and you need to get them if your specialist confirms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.
Warts are small, rough patches on the skin (resembling cauliflowers) that are caused due to the human papillomavirus (hpv- a dna virus that can infect humans). In this condition, only the topmost layer of your skin gets infected and acquires a rough texture. Warts are not fatal (they do not cause cancer), but they are contagious in nature and do not vanish easily.
Read on to find the most effective ways to get rid of warts.
1. Over-the-counter wart removers
Over-the-counter wart treatments containing salicylic acid (a type of fungicide) as an active ingredient are commonly used for effective removal of warts. These medications generally eliminate warts by removing the topmost layer of the skin, following the peel-off process.
Cryotherapy, also known as freezing therapy, is generally performed by a dermatologist and consists of the use of liquid nitrogen for freezing the warts. The application of the chemical results in the formation of a blister around the warts, which shed off after about a week. It takes almost 3 to 4 weeks to have completely wart-free skin. This method proves to be more effective when used with salicylic acid-based wart removers.
3. Laser treatment
Another form of wart removal is pulsed-dye laser treatment. An ablative co2 laser acts by cutting and burning the wart. In this type of treatment the affected blood vessels are burnt, leading to the death of the infected tissue, following which the wart too disappears. However, this method is not commonly used if other treatment methods tend to work as it is painful and may leave behind scars.
Sometimes your dermatologist may recommend the use of human papillomavirus (hpv) vaccine to successfully eliminate warts.
In this type of treatment each wart is injected with a shot of bleomycin, a medicine that fights cancer. However, this treatment is not preferred generally as it may be painful and comes with side effects like nail loss if the wart is present on the finger.
6. Immune therapy
When warts refuse to vanish after the use of all common treatments, this method is put into use. This type of treatment involves the use of medications or solutions, which strengthens your immune system so that it can repel warts. In this case your warts may be injected with an antigen or a solution or cream may be applied on them.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, which is characterized by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. The inflammation occurs in the tissue that normally produces lubricating fluids for the joint. This condition is progressive in nature, and can cause the destruction of joints, leading to functional and locomotive disability.
Though rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that can last for years, patients may not experience any symptoms for a long time. In some cases, the disease may affect other parts of the body like the eyes, lungs, and the heart.
The severity and duration of the symptoms are unpredictable, and the symptoms experienced are:
- At times, people experience increased disease conditions called flare-ups.
- They may also experience alternating periods when the symptoms fade or diminish, which is referred to as remission.
- Some of the common symptoms of the disease include lasting pain and stiffness for more than an hour in the morning, inflammation, fatigue, fever, and a general sense of discomfort.
- Inflammation in the joints close to the hands like wrists and fingers and other parts like neck, shoulders, elbows, knees and hips can also be affected.
- In some cases, both sides of the body are affected at the same time, which is known as inflammation in a symmetric pattern.
Rheumatoid arthritis is usually caused by the body's weakened immune system, which produces antigens to attack itself. The trigger to this reaction is not yet clearly deciphered.
It is diagnosed by clinical examination (American association of Rheumatology criterion) supported by relevant Investigations.
Management for Arthritis includes the following aspects:
1) To control disease activity and control of symptoms of pain, stiffness.
2) Medical treatment to prevent system effects of the disease.
3) Nonmedical treatments comprise of dietary therapy, physiotherapy, immunomodulation therapy.
4) Minimal surgical therapy like arthroscopic synovectomy to confirm the diagnosis as well as reduce disease activity. At times, with the advanced decline of joints, a major surgery like replacement therapy may be required for specific cases.
What's more important is to know that at any stage of the disease patient can adopt and live an active life with appropriate treatment.
The lower back or the lumbar area is the region that lies right below the rib cage. Pain in the lower back is usually a result of persistent muscle spasms that make it a chronic pain. While many people suffer from this kind of pain at some point at the other, there are few who actually take up exercise as a long-term solution to deal with the pain. A proper exercise schedule and regular yoga can actually strengthen your lower back and help it support the spinal cord in a better manner. Also, most orthopedic specialists recommend constant movement to alleviate the painful symptoms of lower back pain. Do go through this list of exercises to find one that suits you.
- Partial Crunches: This one requires you to lie down, prop your knees up with your feet firmly on the ground and your hands behind your head. Now bring your body partially up and stop shy of doing a full on sit up. This will help in relaxing the muscles in the lower back, to a great extent.
- Hamstring Stretches: Get on your back and prop up one knee. Take a towel and loop it under the ball of your other foot. Now lift and hold as you press your foot into the towel, to gradually relieve some of that stress as it plays on your lower back.
- Ankle and heels: The classic ankle pump involves lying flat on your back and stretching your feet before you begin to move your ankles in an up and down motion. Repeat it ten times for each set. You can combine this exercise with the heel slide where you have bend and straighten your knee ten times each, in the same position as you lie flat on your back.
- Wall Squats: While actual squats can be painful if you are suffering from lower back pain, you can take the support of a nearby wall for squats that will work the muscles in a more soothing manner and give you a good workout at the same time.
Touching your toes, running on the treadmill, sit-ups and other forms of intense exercise that make the back work too hard should be avoided if you are suffering from lower back pain.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head.
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand
Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues
Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available
Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain
You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance
You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor
Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery.
Over the past decade, many women have opted for Breast Augmentation Surgery. It is a surgical process to improve the aesthetics of one's breast. Apart from giving a much needed lift to the bust size, the augmented breasts can lift up your confidence. Breast Augmentation Surgery, if gone wrong, can create a havoc. The outcome of the surgery can be influenced by a number of factors. Thus, before going under the knife, some important and vital points need to be taken care of.
- It is advisable to avail the services of an experienced surgeon, who has a higher success rate. A lot of confusions and apprehensions may arise during course of the surgery. An experienced surgeon will ease out the tension to a great extend and guide you better.
- Breast Augmentation is no child's play. Do not embark on breast augmentation surgery if you are below 18 years of age. It can result in serious health complications. Surgery can wait, but health once lost, will be gone forever.
- Know the type of implants to be used. Saline and Silicone implants are commonly used in breast augmentation. Both the implants come with their own sets of merits and demerits.
Being softer and smoother, Silicone implants give the augmented breasts a very natural feel. The chances of scalloping (the skin around the breasts appear wavy) are negligible in case of Silicone implants. However, the Silicone implants come pre-filled. Thus, a bigger incision is needed to get it inserted. Though approved by the FDA, leakage of the silicone implants into the body has been reported. The leakage can affect the health seriously. Interference of Silicone implants with the mammogram can also pose a serious threat.
The Saline implants, on the other hand, are not pre filled. Thus, a small incision is all it takes to get the implants inserted. Once inserted, the implants are filled with saline solution. The saline implants can also leak into the body, without any serious implications. The biggest limitation of saline implants is in the fact that it gives the breasts a very hard feel. Scalloping cannot be ruled out either.
Things to take care of:
- Do not go for breast augmentation surgery if you are planning to start a family in 1-2 years of time. A weaning or lactating lady should also avoid the surgery.
- The exact location of the implant is an important factor to ponder upon. One can go for an under the muscle or over the muscle implants.
- One can opt for a round implant or a tear shaped implant. The biggest USP of tear shaped implant lies in the fact that it gives a very natural feel to the augmented breasts. The round implants, on the other hand, are much safer to use.
- Go for the surgery only when you are physically, mentally and emotionally fit and healthy.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
Joint pains or muscles cramps are the usual suspects when it comes to leg pain. Joint pains are usually a symptom of arthritis, a common occurrence during old age. Leg muscles are mostly affected by muscle cramps. From an Ayurvedic point of view, all pains are caused by the vata dosha.
What are doshas?
The doshas define the natural inclination of the body and they comprise the three main energies that affect your health and well-being. The three doshas are Pitta, Vata and Kapha. Thus in Ayurveda, pain is caused when the doshas are vitiated. In Ayurveda, ama is the name given to the toxic materials in the body that are caused by improper indigestion. Therefore, pain occurs when there is too much ama build-up in your body.
Useful herbs for treating leg pain:
- Clove: It provides instant relief from pain, especially if they are due to muscle cramps. Apply clove oil in a poultice over the affected area.
- Ginger: Since ginger has great painkiller properties, it can be added to a regular diet to deal with chronic leg pain.
- Liquorice: Muscle aches can be treated with liquorice roots infused in water overnight.
- Madhuca: Applying madhuca oil over leg pains, especially if they are due to rheumatism, then it can give great results.
- Pepper: Pepper aids in proper blood circulation by helping dilating the superficial blood vessels.
Dietary regulations for leg pain: To help with chronic leg pain, leafy vegetables, green vegetables, Vitamin C-rich foods, plantains that are rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium must be consumed. Coffee and chocolate must be avoided at all costs. The consumption of water cannot be stressed enough as one of the leading causes of leg pain is dehydration of insufficient fluids in the body. Water helps flush out the toxins in the body, thus getting rid of the vitiated doshas.
Ayurvedic treatment for leg pain: For external use, Mahanarayana Tailam is extremely effective. Warming the oil before application will give best results. For internal use, Simhanada Guggulu, a mild laxative, Laxmi Vilas rasa and Pratapa Lankeshwara Rasa are prescribed.
Loss of hair can have adverse effects on your physical as well as mental health. Not only does hair loss affect your self-esteem or appeal, it also hints at an underlying health problem. There could be many reasons for the loss of hair. ‘Alopecia areata’ is a condition wherein sudden loss of hair begins with one or more circular bald patches that might or might not overlap.
Some of the common cosmetic treatments for hair loss include:
- Hair Grafting or Transplant: Hair transplant or grafting is a procedure that uses surgery to move hair follicles from one spot in the body to another and is mainly used to treat male pattern baldness. The transplantations are carried out in outpatient form, with local anaesthesia and mild sedation. Harvesting of hair follicles is done using various methods, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of the common harvesting techniques are:
- Strip Harvesting: A strip of skin from the scalp or from any other spot where there is good growth of hair is harvested by the surgeon.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Follicular Unit Extraction is a procedure which involves the singular extraction of each hair follicle without any removal of strip of tissue.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT): Follicular Unit Transplant involves the removal of a small strip of tissue from the rear part of the head. The donor hair follicles would be extracted from this strip.
- Robotic Hair Restoration: The devices associated with Robotic Hair Restoration utilize robotic arms and cameras to provide assistance to the surgeon during the FUE procedure.
- Scalp Reduction: This cosmetic procedure involves removal of skin (non-hair-bearing) from the scalp, which ensures that the remaining skin (hair-bearing) can be extended to the area that it is capable of covering the bald spots on the head. This procedure is effective in covering bald areas on the back as well as top of the head. However, it is not favourable for the hairline in the frontal areas of the head