Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Yoga During Pregnancy
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Treatment Of Restenosis
Tantra Yoga Treatment
Beauty Enhancement Procedures
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
For some people, the simple act of walking can be very uncomfortable. This is because they may be suffering from a heel spur. Heel spurs are calcium deposits that cause a bony protrusion on the underside of the heel bone. Heel spurs themselves may be painless but walking or jogging can make the person like a knife or pin is sticking into his or her sole. This may also be felt while standing up after being seated for a long time. Heel spurs do not heal on resting and usually need medical attention. Some ways of treating a heel spur are-
Stretching Exercises: Heel spur exercises help strengthen the tissue in the heel and increases the fascia and Achilles tendon flexibility. This, in turn, helps reduce the pain and prevents a recurrence of the condition. Try standing with both feet apart and flex your knees while squatting. Keep your heels on the ground for as long as possible.
Wearing The Right Shoes: Wearing shoes that do not fit well is one of the leading causes for heel spurs. When buying shoes look for a firm heel counter, a ¾-1 1/2 inch heel, a long vamp, semi-rigid or rigid shank and a toe box that is wide enough to accommodate your toes without pinching them.
Taping or Strapping to Rest Stressed Muscles and Tendons: Taping or strapping your foot tightly can help protect the fascia and allow the spur to heal. It also rests the muscles and tendons and distributes the pressure being put on them.
Shoe Inserts or Orthotic Devices: Using an insole can help cushion the heel and reduce the pain of a heel spur. It also reduces the impact felt while walking or standing.
Physical Therapy: Physiotherapy for heel spurs aims at strengthening the foot and calf muscles. Your doctor will try and gradually increase the possible range of motion and restore muscle control in the foot arch. You will also be taught how to improve your running and landing techniques.
Medication: Over the counter medication like ibuprofen may help temporarily ease the pain caused by heel spurs. In some cases, corticosteroid injections may also be prescribed to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Surgery: If there is no improvement in a heel spur within 9 to 12 months, surgery may be considered to remove the spur or release the plantar fascia. However, this is rare and most heel spurs do not need surgery.
Healthy, glowing skin is what they call 'neighbour's envy, owner's pride'. Stop being jealous janet and get off your chair because you need to do a little homework to get that glowing skin. Some women look like they have inherited the glow without a day's work but in reality, good skin is a result of constant care and solutions that suit them right. Here are some fail proof techniques that women with great skin follow.
1. They cleanse it right: Cleansing the skin is almost done like a ritual. It has its set of rules which differ from skin to skin. As a base rule, women with good complexion do it at least twice a day - once in the morning and once before bed. It helps clear the oil, dirt, impurities and make up that clogs the pores and lets the skin breath. Use lukewarm water and a creamy cleanser. Let the cleanser sit on your skin for a minute while you gently rub it in before you wash off. This is one step women with good skin simply don't miss.
2. They remember their ctm: You know what the c stands for, now you need to follow it with a toning and moisturizing ritual to keep your skin soft and supple. Learn to differentiate between night and day moisturizers. You day moisturizer needs to contribute to your spf protection while your night moisturizer should be hydrating.
3. They use a good night cream: Night time is when your skin gets to relax and rejuvenate. Help this process by adding a good night cream to your daily ritual. A retinoid cream, for example, is a vitamin a derivative rich in collagen which helps in skin repair. They can also help reduce the occurrence of fine lines and pimples.
4. They work on their blemishes: Some have puffy eyes, others have dark circles or sun spots and may be even a couple of wrinkles here and there. But all these flaws can be steadily worked upon on a daily basis to reduce the skin problems and prevent appearance of new ones.
5. They follow the antioxidant mantra: Foods rich in omega 3 and antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries, green leafy veggies, and green tea help reduce the effects of aging to add a youthful glow to the skin.
Ayurveda is a renowned life science that has been credited with changing lives since ancient times. Not only can it prevent diseases and ailments, but it can also cure them with its combination of herbal medication, everyday routine and yogic poses. Weight management is a field that also enjoys various Ayurvedic remedies. Some of them are as follows.
- Herbs: Herbs are a way of healing used by Ayurveda, and the use of various herbs can help in hastening the metabolism for healthy weight management.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too propagates the devotion of at least 45 minutes to one hour towards some form of exercise. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Sleep: Ayurveda recognizes sleep or rest as one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. While good eating habits and exercise form one side of it, sleep or rest completes the triangle. One can also practice the Savasana or resting pose for a period of rest. And at least six to seven hours of sleep is a must as per Ayurveda.
- Meditation: This practice helps in focusing on awareness which can instil the desired function like weight management in the body. Being mindful of what your body needs can also help in eating and exercising right.
Weight management is a lifelong process in Ayurveda.
Yoga has been touted amongst the best and most effective, time tested and natural way to eliminate various diseases and problems with the body as well as the mind. It is an antiquated craftsmanship that strengthens the body as well as relaxes the brain with the right dose of mindfulness as well. Yoga tends to stimulate the nervous system and the endocrine, digestive and circulatory systems and improve the functioning of the same.
The postures mentioned below affect at least one of these systems, thereby clearing the path for a strong immune system. These postures are as follows:
- Shishuasana (child posture): Shishuasana is a phenomenal stance that de-congests the abdomen and constructs a superior and stronger immune system.
- Setu Bandhasana (bridge posture): Setu Bandhasana opens the heart and enhances the blood flow. It increases the energy in the body to build a strong resistance against pathogens.
- Halasana (plow posture): Halasana is a pose that requires a backward bend. It discharges white cells in the body and strengthens the immune system.
- Bhujangasana (cobra posture): Bhujangasana is a mid-section opening posture which discharges white cells that enhance the body’s resistance.
- Dhanurasana (bow posture): Dhanurasana is yet other posture that enhances the flow of white cells by putting weight on the working of the digestive system.
- Matsyasana (fish posture): Matsyasana stretches the abdomen and chest and strengthens the thymus. This enhances the body's invulnerability level.
- Vinyasa Adho Mukha Svanasana (flowing downward facing dog pose): Begin with the plank pose, palms lying on the floor just underneath your shoulder and extend the legs backwards. The whole body should form a straight line like a board. Taking a full breath, lift your hips off the floor. Hold yourself on the hands and heels. Your head needs to point towards the ground. Take full breaths, two or three times, as you hold the position. Breathe out a deep breath, relax and return to the plank posture. Gradually bring down your body. Slide your hands backwards, allowing your palms to rest alongside the chest. Toes need to be in contact with the mat or the floor.
Yoga is a holistic routine that strengthens the body physically and also mentally. Subsequently, the body’s immune system additionally enhances in such a condition. A sound life can be effortlessly accomplished if we figure out how to embrace a healthier way of life, healthy food decisions, and standard routines of yoga and meditation. Ayurveda, yoga and meditation are the perfect variables to carry on with a sound life.
Yoga is not an alternative option to medicines. It is a careful step to keep infections under control. Along these lines, one need not sit tight waiting for the seasonal flu to affect the body because it can be cured effortlessly with yoga.
Benefits of Fat loss over weight loss
Sir I am 18 years old and my height is almost 6 feet but my weight is only 52 kg and I want to gain weight can you recommended any food supplement or any diet which will help me.
Causes, symptoms and treatment of Osteoarthritis
I am 35 years female having hypothyroidism. Though my results come to normal during blood test I suffer hair fall brittle bent nails and eczema .do I still need to do any further tests or just require additional supplements.
I am a student and from last 2 years my weight is gone up to 75 .I want to loose my weight I had also tried gym in 6 7 months but there is no much improvement .what should I do now.
My son age is 11 years, yesterday noticed on his penis reddish hot spot and paining please suggest me how to handle.
Doctor there is some very very small hole marks on my face. Is there any solution for it? I want my face to be plane and without any hole marks. What should I do?
I am 29 year old, I have been suffering from light headedness dizziness and weakness from few weeks or more than a month. Loss of appetite (this also caused me gastritis) Headache at times, palpitations and shoulder and arms pain when sleeping (especially towards the morning time) My last period was on 23rd dec and This month I got it on 17th January itself. Please help. Is this stress?
I am 25 years and I have hypothyroidism since 2011. And I am taking 50 mcg eltroxin. Now my TSH Level is 6.38. Could you please tell me, do I need to increase my dose from 50 to 75 mcg or continue with the same. Bcz nowadays I am suffering from severe hair fall, swelling and weight gain. Please suggest.
Sir I want to loose my weight. So sir give me some tip sir. If some medicine is there, then please refer me.
I gained 20 kgs during pregnancy and delivery and lost 5 kgs till now after delivery. I am 17months pp. I want to loose the other 15 kgs in 3 months. Please suggest me diet and exercise to loose the other 15 kgs.
Hi, I am 23 years old with weight 55 KGS. My height is 5'3.I am looking very fat. My biceps and thighs are looking very fatty. How to reduce belly and extra fat in bisups and thighs.
Home remedy for dry chapped lips:
· Drink plenty of water everyday
. Cut fine slices of cucumber and rub on lips
. Apply aloe vera gel on your lips
· Apply neem leaves extract on your lips