Doctor in La Transformatione
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for La TransformationeYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
There are many people who compare their looks with others and this makes them feel that they should opt for cosmetic procedures. This should not be the case ideally.
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. However, as far as safety is concerned, you should know that chemical peels have some side effects.
- They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills.
- Scarring can occur and cold sores can get reactivated.
Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained.
Rhinoplasty, more commonly known as nose surgery, is a cosmetic form of operation designed to change the shape and size of the nose.
A rhinoplasty can effectively change the size and width of the nose to complement the facial balance. It also helps improve nasal symmetry efficiently enhancing your facial features.
How is the surgery performed?
You can opt for either general anesthesia or local anesthesia for the surgery. The surgery is generally an outpatient procedure, but occasionally patients are asked to stay in the hospital overnight post the surgery.
The operation involves an incision which is made for easy access to the cartilage and bones of the nose. These incisions are generally placed inside the nose, so that they do not appear as scar marks after the surgery is done. Removal or replacement of the bone or cartilage depends on the demands of the restructuring of the nose. Once the reshaping of the nose is done, the nose tissue is put back into place and a splint is temporarily placed to support the new structure of the nose. The splint is removed once the nose heals.
Precautions to take after a nose surgery
After a nose surgery, the area around your nose will stay swollen and bruised for a considerable period of time. Thus you have to ensure that-
1. You get ample amount of rest
2. Use cold compresses over the swollen nose area, this will reduce the swelling and ease the pain
3. Do not indulge in relatively vigorous physical activity for sometime
4. Take you medicines regularly
Every surgery or medical procedure involves certain risks, and so does rhinoplasty. Along with some puffiness and bruising around the eye and nose region, you may also experience-
1. Some amount of bleeding
2. Injury to the septum area
3. Irritation of the skin and skin problems
5. Nasal blockage due to swelling in the inner nasal area
6. Complications resulting from anesthesia
Although there are certain risks to rhinoplasty, the surgery is considerably safe and the results are quite permanent.
Moles are the most common form of physical identification proof, but are often unwanted. Moles and freckles are common skin irregularities that make a person consider cosmetic surgery. Moles can be described as non-cancerous skin lesions that develop when dark skin cells are bound together in small clusters. Almost everyone has one or more mole on their body. However, freckles are simply skin discolorations that appear on light skinned people. There are a number of ways in which moles and freckles can be removed.
- Dermabrasion: This is a procedure where a small wheel is run over your skin to remove the top layer. Dermabrasion is performed under anaesthesia and is a very effective way of removing freckles and flat moles.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery involves the use of concentrated beams of light to remove the topmost layer of skin. As this top layer is removed, freckles and light, flat moles are also destroyed thus leaving you with a clear complexion. In some cases, multiple sessions may be required to completely remove moles and freckles. Laser surgery is not recommended for large moles or moles that protrude out of the skin.
- Shave excision: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting off the raised section of a mole with a sharp scalpel. It does not require any sutures, but may not remove the entire mole. This surgery is often suggested in cases where a mole had grown to protrude from the skin but the discolouration itself does not bother the person. There is a very low risk of scarring associated with this procedure but the mole may recur.
- Punch Excision: Small protruding moles can also be removed with a punch excision procedure. Here, a doctor will use a small cutting apparatus in the form of a small, cylindrical punch to twist and remove the entire mole. One of two sutures may be required to close the skin in this area.
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is suggested in cases of large moles. In such cases, the surgeon will remove the entire mole and close the skin with sutures. This procedure may leave a scar behind, but in most cases, this scar is not very prominent.
In rare cases, moles can be malignant and hence it is not recommended to try removing a mole at home. For this reason, you should always a consult a surgeon if a mole appears suddenly appears or begins to look suspicious.
Gynecomastia is a condition where the tissues of the breasts swell in a boy or men. This is caused by the imbalance of testosterone and oestrogen. It might affect one or both the breasts depending on the level of hormonal imbalance. Although not considered as a serious condition, Gynecomastia can be a difficult condition to cope up with. There are multiple treatment options and surgery is one of them. In many cases, this condition goes as abruptly as it appeared. For cases that are complicated and difficult to get rid of, doctors suggest a medical procedure get rid of the condition.
Symptoms of Gynecomastia:
Some common symptoms of Gynecomastia include tenderness of breasts, swollen breast gland, pain in the breasts, discharge from the nipple etc.
Causes of Gynecomastia:
There could be many causes of this disease. If the condition is witnessed in babies, it could well come from the mother due to an overdose of oestrogen. Gynecomastia also appears during puberty resulting in the breast to swell up. The condition can again crop up after the age of 50 due to hormonal changes.
Certain medications can be a reason of Gynecomastia. Some of the common medications include certain antibiotics, anti-anxiety related medications, chemotherapy shots, HIV patients receiving HAART, cardiovascular medications such as anabolic steroids etc.
Certain drugs such as heroin, alcohol, marijuana, Amphetamines etc.
Risk Factors Of Gynecomastia-
Certain risk factors of gynecomastia include older age, use of certain steroids, adolescence and other medical conditions such as Klinefelter's syndrome, tumour related to hormonal fluctuation and disease related to thyroid.
A doctor typically checks the history of drugs along with the health condition of the patient. He might also take a look at the health of the extended family. A careful tissue evaluation of the genitals, breast and abdomen are done. This is followed by a physical exam followed by prescribing certain tests such as mammograms, complete blood work, CT scan, biopsy of the tissue, MRI scan etc.
Most people suffering from Gynecomastia see a significant regression with periodic treatment. If however the condition arises from an underlying cause such as cirrhosis and malnutrition, a doctor suggests 2 option- medications and surgery:
Medications: Certain medications that are known to be helpful for breast related cancers are known to be effective in this condition.
Surgery: Only after exploring all medical options a doctor suggests surgery. There are 2 procedures namely mastectomy and liposuction. The latter removes the fat cells of the breast and the former removes the breast gland tissue.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary Incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Having a cosmetic surgery is quite a big deal. It is an expensive surgery, which causes alteration of your body features. Although cosmetic surgeries are usually effective and provide satisfactory results, you should keep several things in mind before a cosmetic surgery. You should know all important facts about cosmetic surgeries, their procedure and results before undertaking one.
Here are the things you should consider and keep in mind:
- Cosmetic surgeries are permanent: You would like the idea of perfecting several features of your body using a cosmetic surgery. However, you must keep in mind that such a surgery is permanent and your features would be altered forever. You should not undergo a cosmetic surgery half-heartedly and must think over and over before finalizing.
- You should know why you are having a surgery: You need to have proper reasons why you want to undergo a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the exact reason why you feel that a cosmetic surgery is required. There are several physical and emotional changes which occur after a surgery and you should be prepared for the same.
- You should know the results you want: Before having a cosmetic surgery, you should know exactly how the results would appear. Having a rough idea will not do and you should know beforehand how you are going to look post-surgery. You must make the doctor understand your requirements and desired results perfectly so that he or she can give the best results. You may use pictures and illustrations to explain your objectives to the surgeon.
- You should know about the outcomes: Knowing about all the possible outcomes of the cosmetic surgery, which you have opted for is very important. For this, you need to surf the internet and do some research. Read from trustworthy medical care websites and also consult people who have had a cosmetic surgery before. You should also keep in mind the consequences which may arise if you do not like the results of a cosmetic surgery and be prepared mentally, in case some complications occur.
- You should choose the best surgeon: Choosing a capable and efficient surgeon is an important thing to do, before thinking of having a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the location, experience and approach, while choosing the right surgeon. You should also make sure that the surgeon is qualified and registered to practice.
A cosmetic surgery is a serious surgery, which will change the way you look in certain ways, depending upon the type of cosmetic surgery you have chosen. Before deciding on having a cosmetic surgery, you should consider the above-mentioned factors and then only go for it.