Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Kamat's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Therapy for Sleep Disorders
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms.
What You Need To Know About Energy Psychology?
Undergoing Brain Surgery can be a very traumatic experience, and it is common for many patients recovering from brain surgery to face depression, spells of dizziness, confusion and weakness post the surgery. It can be very critical that family members and friends talk to the patient and be empathetic towards them.
It takes approximately 12-18 months for the brain to heal after a brain surgery and slowly and gradually the patient will regain all his normal functions and get back to his daily routine. However in that time they need the complete support and understanding of their families, as well may need help from therapists. This will help the patient in gaining back their independence as well as confidence in their abilities.
Here are some tips that will help you deal with a patient recovering from Brain Surgery:
After brain surgery, a person may feel disoriented and have some speech or understanding disability for a while. Family members and friends are advised to take pause when talking to the patient, so that he/she can easily understand the conversation. Speaking slowly is not recommended, as patients may recognize it and have an emotional outburst or feel hurt.
Caretakers and family members should also keep reminding the conversation topic at different points to the patient, so that it is easier for them to participate in the conversation.
Family members should also not react adversely in case of emotional outbursts, instead show love and patience to a person recovering from brain surgery.
Caregivers should make sure that the person recovering from brain surgery gets enough sleep and rest to recuperate.
People interacting with someone recovering from brain surgery should understand that the person's ability to learn and remember will improve daily, and any lapses in attention by the patient are not caused by any act of obstinacy. Your care and understanding will be essential for a person to recover.
Family members should also make sure just to give enough care and not smother the brain surgery survivor. It is essential for them to regain their confidence and a sense of competence.
Family members should take the patient for a neuropsychological examination--after treatment, 6 months later, and a year later to see if they are recovering properly. Caregivers should watch out for emotional outbursts, like rage, uncontrollable laughter, withdrawal and depression. In case of such symptoms it is advisable to take the patient for a check up with medical practitioner.
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
Did you know that yoga poses help you in achieving greater flexibility rather than develop it? If you are suffering from stiff hamstrings, painful lower back and locked-up hips and tried many yoga poses without any help, then you may not have tried the right poses. When the body is stiff, it feels like you are trapped within your own body. Flexibility exercises can help in alleviating joint stiffness that may have developed due to a wide array of reasons. Here are the main asanas that are great for joint flexibility.
- Big toe pose or Padangusthasana: This yogic pose can calm the nervous system and relieve stress and anxiety and stimulate your kidney and liver to optimize their functions. With regular practice, your calf muscles and hamstrings would stretch and your thighs would become stronger. If you are suffering from indigestion and insomnia, then big toe pose is a must try and it also helps in alleviating the symptoms of menopause.
- Bound angle pose or Baddha Konasana: This pose offers a host of benefits that include stimulating your abdominal organs, prostate glands, ovaries, kidneys and bladder. It also stimulates blood and oxygen circulation throughout the body and improves the heart condition. It is a therapeutic treatment for high blood pressure, anxiety, mild depression, fatigue flat feet, asthma and infertility. With consistent practice, you will be able to stretch your knees, groin and inner thigh.
- Child's pose or Balasana: This resting pose calms the mind and improves digestion to a great extent. It helps in elongation of the lower back by opening up and stretching this part of the body where all the weight is dumped while you sit and work all day long. This pose is perfect for opening up the hip and reducing hip pains and improving their flexibility.
- Cow face pose or Gomukhasana: When performed regularly, this pose helps in deep stretching the hips, thighs, ankles, armpit, shoulders, triceps, chest and deltoid. If you had been suffering from a chronic knee pain, this pose can help relieving it. It also aids in strengthening the spine and abdominals, and its folded variations are a great way of decompressing lower spine and clearing the hip joint.
Increased flexibility is one of the topmost benefits of yoga that would surely equip you with the freedom of movement and relaxation. However, it is always important to consult an expert before you try these poses, as they can evaluate your medical history and select the ideal yogic postures that would work best for you.
Eating healthy is a key to an active life. It sometimes becomes difficult to choose a particular diet plan as you are not too sure about what to eat that will help you lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat natural foods which help in maintaining your waistline than processed foods which promise the same. Following is a list of 7 very basic natural foods which help you lose weight and also takes care of your health:
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of the most effective foods which can help you lose weight. It contains several micronutrients and phytochemicals which aid in weight loss by breaking down fats. Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and low in calories and yet satisfies your hunger. You can eat it raw, cooked or as a healthy snack. Add this green vegetable to your regular diet and hasten your weight loss process.
- Oats - Oats is a healthy addition to your diet as it high on nutrients and fiber. You should include it in the regular diet for at least 4 times a week if you want to lose weight. You can customize your serving to add more nutritional value to your meal. Avoid sugary toppings as they are high in calories and do not promote weight loss. Do not consume oats with added flavors or any other synthetic ingredients.
- Apples - Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber. It is a perfect snack which is sweet and satisfying at the same time. It not only helps you to lose weight but also effectively controls your blood cholesterol. Apples contain antioxidants which have a lot of health benefits other than aiding weight loss. Fresh apples are considered to be even more effective in this regard.
- Cabbage - Cabbage contains only 17 calories in a serving and is one of the best foods for weight loss. You can cook it in olive oil and season it with herbs and add it to your regular diet. Cabbage also helps fight cancer among its other beneficial qualities. It reduces your calorie intake and also satisfies your appetite. It also acts as a natural detox and works wonders for your overall health.
- Black beans - Black beans are one of the most satisfying proteins which you can consume during weight loss. They are rich in fiber and protein and keep you full for a long time. They contain soluble fiber which helps you fight cholesterol problems. The insoluble fiber in black beans maintains your digestive system and regulates the bowels.
- Fruit yogurt - You can see visible results if you cut down your overall calorie intake and supplement it with yogurt in your regular diet. The calcium in yogurt restricts the production of cortisol and controls your appetite. Yogurt also contains amino acids which contribute in burning fat. You can add fruits like blueberry or aloe vera to your yogurt to make it a tastier and healthier snack.
- Whole bean salad - Whole bean salad is simple to prepare and is a very healthy snack. It is filling and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. You can put bell peppers and sweet corn to add flavors and toss it in olive oil to keep it healthy.
Pls pls Help Me. Mera hairfall bht hore h pure hairs weak hogye h. Pta nhi kya prblm h, Maine blood test kraya h haemoglobin, serrum ferrritin. Haemoglobin thik h but frrtin low h jiski maine medicine already start krdi h and mere hair m dandruff bhi nhi h. Washing m 70 to 90 hairs jate h or balo mese hath ghumau Th bht easily hairs aajate pls kuch btaiye kya kru or koi lotion btaiye Jo m thinning Area m lga sku.
I am suffering from stiff neck. It is paining on left side of my neck. What should I do for quick relief.
What are the natural home remedies for alopecia barbae around chin & natural proper foods please guide me.
Yoga vs gym
Any form of regular exercise is a must for a healthy lifestyle. While some people prefer to work out in a gym, others like the calmness of their own house where they can practice yoga or a walk in the park. Each style of exercise has its own pros and cons. Let's take a look at working out in the gym vs yoga and regular walks.
Benefits of yoga and walking over going to gym:
Good for both - the mind and the body
Yoga is a lifestyle and not merely an exercise routine. Thus, it not only builds and tones muscles but also strengthens your lung capacity, digestive system etc. It is also said to increase the ability of the mind to focus and attentiveness.
You could walk on a treadmill in the gym but taking a walk outdoors does more good to your body. Being with nature when you walk outdoors is known to be an effective stress buster and helps you calm your senses. Walking can also help improve your moods and is a form of treatment for depression as well.
Does not need any special equipment
With yoga, there is no need for weights or special shoes. All you need is a flat, firm surface which could be the carpet in your bedroom or your lawn outdoors. The only equipment you need for a walk is a pair of sturdy, comfortable walking shoes. This makes yoga and walking budget friendly as well compared to gym membership costs.
Can be done anywhere
Since yoga does not need any special equipment, it can be practiced anywhere and at any time. Taking a break from sitting at your desk - try doing pranayam. Keep a pair of walking shoes handy and at lunch break take a quick walk around the block - there's nothing to stop you.
Less chances of injuring yourself
Once again, since yoga does not need specialized weights or equipment, there are less chances of injuring yourself. Yoga also does not focus on speed, allowing you to move comfortably - in a way that your body always feels good.
Walking again is an exercise that allows you to work at your own pace and does not make you compete with others. As long as you see where you are going and avoid walking on tarred surfaces, the chances of injuring yourself while walking are also very low.
Long term weight loss
A reason most gym enthusiasts prefer a strenuous workout to yoga and walking is faster weight loss. These techniques do help lose weight but the process is slow. However, since this weight has been lost gradually, it is more likely to stay off.
The state of your skin is never constant. The external conditions like pollutants, dirt, grime and changing weather all play a major role in how your skin feels or behaves. You might be born with a certain type of skin, but over the course of time, weather changes can aggravate a skin condition or change its texture. So, one needs to examine his/her current skincare regimen and adjust it to meet the skin’s ever changing needs based on shifts in climate and sun levels.
Once you start recording how your skin reacts to the changing weather, you will naturally be in sync and can treat your skin accordingly. Just some minor changes in your face wash, cleanser, moisturizer and sun protection products will help keep your skin perfect and glowing round the year without any special skin care treatments.
Who doesn’t enjoy a cup of hot steaming coffee as the rain lashes around, cooling and cleaning everything! Monsoon brings such a sense of freshness. But we cannot say the same for the skin. Monsoon also brings with it a series of skin woes for many, such as open pores, dull skin and infection along the body folds. A bit of moisture is good, but a lot is not. Your skin might feel hot and humid since the pores remain open from summer months and can get further aggravated. Acne and infection along the body folds can also occur.
Here are few tips that will help you enjoy the rains without worrying about your skin and hair much:
- Face wash: Use a face wash that lathers, feels fresh, minty and light. Wash your face three to four times a day with cold water.
- Toner is optional
- Usingscrub: You may scrub your face once a week. Excessive scrubbing can make the skin more sensitive, red, and vulnerable.
- Use of creams: Do not use too many creams on your skin. Just a good broad spectrum sunscreen is sufficient during the day. You may choose a gel based sunscreen that will offer you protection without clogging your skin.
- Apply skin actives: Vitamins A, C and E in the form of serums or gels. This is because they have actives in water or silicone base which do not add to the oiliness. You may either apply them in the evening or underneath your sunscreen during the day.
- Start a De-tan: As the scorching heat of summer is no more a worry now, so you may start a de-tan regimen now. Use special treatment creams that lighten the skin like glycolic acid, kojic acid, and apply it at night so that the tan slowly comes off.
- Powder form cosmetics: For this season you must look for the powder form of most things like a compact, deodorants, etc. There are some collagen boosters too, which I would suggest you pick up for keeping your skin in good shape.
- When to wash your face: If you happen to get wet, wash your face and feet as soon as possible and keep it dry.
- Hair care: Healthy Hair Hair care should not be ignored during this season. During monsoon, hair swells and so is more vulnerable to damage and breakage, so it is advisable not to go for too many salon treatments. Even a simple blow dry can cause more damage.
- A good coconut oil massage will work wonders for your hair.
- Always dry wet hair with low heat.
- Do not brush wet hair.
- Use loose hair accessories.
- Take sun protection for your hair. Yes, you read it right! Much is spoken about sunscreen for skin, but you would be surprised how much damage the UV rays can do to your hair. There are specific hair care gels and shampoos available for sun protection. Try to use one of that sunscreen hair sprays post shampoo. The best way to protect your hair is to wear a hat or a scarf.
- Avoid salon treatments as any chemical treatment will harm the strands since the cuticles are open.
- Shower every day: Lastly for your body, just take a couple of showers during the day using a refreshing body wash. Use the sunscreen on your body, as it can burn and tan too.
Some do's and don'ts you must follow:
- Getting wet in the rain is fun but change your clothes ASAP. Damp clothes increase the risk of skin infections, especially in body folds. If you notice any rash or irritation in any of body folds, consult a dermatologist immediately.
- Dry your hair to remove as much moisture as possible. Blow dry your hair gently if needed.
- Keep wet wipes, moisturizer, face wash, and sunscreen in your purse to keep your skin in great condition.
- Take multivitamins to boost your immunity.
Skin treatments that are safe during monsoon
Most treatments are safe during this season. You may concentrate on de-tanning treatments like peels and microdermabrasion. You may also start off laser treatments for skin lightening, tightening, or hair removal.
What is the difference between black tea & milk tea. Which is better & why. Please give full details.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.