Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Gestational Diabetes Management
Sir I am 18 years old and my height is almost 6 feet but my weight is only 52 kg and I want to gain weight can you recommended any food supplement or any diet which will help me.
Can we take Vita. B supplements (eg. Capsule becosules) 1 od? Or does it has side-effects for the same? Thanks.
Hello doctor, I need a detailed diet chart to gain weight. Being skinny is somewhat affect me mentally also. So please help me.
I feel so tired and weak and my sugar level is 70 I feel hungry most of the times I'm loosing weight, not remain active.
Hi sir/ma'am I'm going gym daily and want to make muscles. Please suggest me I need to eat ptotine and other supplement? Or I can make without it please answer me in details Thanks & Regards
I do care about fitness, as I play football n do some stretching as well as push ups fr maintaining fitness daily. Does smoking (twice) on "alternate" days could cause serious health issues?
I am 22 year old. My height is 5.9 feet and my weight is not more than 55 kg. So as per BMI, my weight is not proper. So I have started eating 6 raw eggs per day (means not boiled ). This will affect my kidneys or body?
Believe me, it's so easy to pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak (गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies (पिन्नी).
It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control. Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos. The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
Tips to prevent winter weight gain:
1. Get enough sun-shine
A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetableshave soup before your dinneradd oats, barley and dals (दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Don’t skip workouts
Don’t skip the gym. Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight. Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee. Have light soups and broths.
Hello Dr. I'm 21 years old. My height is 5'6. My weight is 50 kg I look to skinny I want to gain weight what should I do. What should I include in my diet.
Methi or Fenugreek is a herb with green leaves that comes from the Pea family. The seed of fenugreek is bitter in taste and are used in preparing a number of medicines. The leaves of fenugreek, however, are quite tasty when cooked. 1 tablespoon of fenugreek leaf contains calorie, fat, fibre, protein, carbohydrate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6 and phosphorous. It goes without saying that they are extremely beneficial for the overall health of an individual.
Here is a list of few benefits that methi leaf can extend to the body if consumed regularly:
- Address heart diseases: Fenugreek contains a compound known as galactomannan that plays a key role in addressing many heart diseases and helps the cardiac muscle to remain intact. The sodium and potassium content of fenugreek helps to maintain the heart rate and keeps blood pressure at an optimum level.
- Reduce inflammation: Fenugreek is known to address inflammation such as chronic coughs, boils, mouth ulcers, tuberculosis, mouth cancer, bronchitis and kidney ailments. Fenugreek slows down the absorption of sugar and stimulates insulin. They can be consumed daily in the form of a paste or along with food to address various inflammation of the body.
- Lose weight: Fenugreek helps to lose weight. The natural fibre content of methi, when consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, can help to curb hunger. Fenugreek swells in the stomach and gives a fulfilling feeling. They can become a major aid in any weight loss program.
- Address acid reflux: Fenugreek is an extremely good remedy for addressing heartburn and acid reflux. Fenugreek contains mucilage that coats the intestinal and stomach lining and thus soothes the gastrointestinal tissue. The methi seeds should be soaked in water before consuming.
- Helps in fixing a sore throat: 1 spoon of methi paste when mixed with honey and lemon reduce fever and give relief from a cough and cold. It is also capable of fixing a sore throat. It nourishes the body and helps to recover from cold in very short time.
- Menstrual discomfort: Compounds such as isoflavones and diosgenin possess estrogen-like quality. They can readily address discomfort associated with PMs and menstrual cramps. Methi is also found to help with mood fluctuation and hot flashes. Due to their iron-rich properties, fenugreek proves to be extremely helpful for women suffering from menstrual pain.
- Hair problems: Fenugreek is known to have a very soothing effect on the scalp that in turn makes the hair black and shiny. When fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight, boiled and mixed with coconut oil to form a paste, they can do wonders for the hair. They are also known to be ceasing hair fall and hair thinning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.