Doctor in Icon Hospital
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Icon HospitalYour feedback matters!
1. Remove make up always no matter how tired you are.
2. Exfoliate your skin well.
3. Moisturize well.
4. Use home made packs as per your skin types twice a week to remove the dead skin.
I have dark circles under my both eyes day by day it is increasing dark in colour so how can I reduce this please suggest me.
Cardiac rehabilitation (rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve the health and well-being of people who have heart problems. Rehab programs include exercise training, education on the heart and healthy living, and counselling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life.
What is the duration of this program?
As per the requirement of the patient, the program duration can vary from 6 to 8 weeks to lifelong.
What can one achieve through this program?
The goal of this program is to prevent and limit the physiological and psychological effects of cardiac illness and to improve the overall cardiovascular fitness and health of the patient. This is accomplished by developing individualised program which cover exercise, education and lifestyle modification, tailored to the individual needs and abilities of the patients.
Who requires Cardiac Rehabilitation?
People with the following cardiac diseases require cardiac rehabilitation:
·Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
·Stable Angina Pectoris
·Two Or More Documented Classical Risk Factors For Coronary Heart Disease
·Stable Chronic Heart Failure
·Peripheral Vascular Disease
·Diabetes Mellitus (Type II)
·Valvular Heart Disease
What are the facilities for Cardiac Rehabilitation at SAANS?
SAANS Foundation has a dedicated cardiac rehab facility, complete with exercise equipment, i.e., treadmills, ergocycles, steppers and cross trainers; a gymnasium for pre-class warm-up and resistance training classes; Human Performance Labs for fitness testing; and a dedicated area for patient education.
The cardiac rehabilitation team
Phase I (Initial Phase)
This is an inpatient program. It begins with pre-procedure counselling and continues immediately after coronary artery grafting or stenting and post-angina or myocardial infarction. Its aim is to initiate early mobilisation (out of the bed) to reduce the effects of de-conditioning, along with patient education about heart disease. This is continued with a walking and exercise program at home or till the patient returns back to the hospital for Phase II.
Phase II (Conditioning Phase)
This consists of a comprehensive program to modify the risk factors for heart disease and consists of exercise, stress management, smoking cessation, behaviour modification, nutritional advice and patient education about the risk factors of heart disease. The aerobic exercise program can begin as early as 2 weeks after an uncomplicated infarction, angina and stenting or 4 weeks after a complicated infarction or bypass grafting. This is conducted in the form of group sessions or classes consisting of the three steps of initial stretching exercises, conditioning phase of aerobic training on the treadmill, ergo cycle, stepper or cross trainer (along with strengthening exercises) followed by the cool down phase. One session usually lasts for 60 to 90 minutes. It takes a frequency of 3 to 5 times a week to complete 20 sessions. Initial sessions are conducted with electrocardiographic monitoring. The behaviour management and nutritional component runs along with the exercise program. All sessions are physician monitored and are conducted by trained staff.
Phase III (Maintenance Phase)
This aims at continuing the benefits gained by patients during the second phase. It consists of the continuation of the aerobic exercise program but at a lesser frequency of about 2 to 3 times a week at home/in a gymnasium/at a hospital.
Hi ,I am dealing with skin pigmentation. I am 46 years and a working women. Kindly suggest how can I deal with the issue as I have started feeling very depressed.
Hi, I am 31 years old and have a sensitive skin. I have dark skin. Pl advice if doing a glycolic facial can help in improving skin complexion and if it's suitable for sensitive skin.
Hi sir how to stop skin shine cream without any side effects?And permanently how can I stop?Any medicines are there side effects.
My mother have blemish skin. Below her eyes she has blemishes over both her cheeks. Please tell me some remedy. Kindly suggest some medicine and cream to get rid of that.
My skin is getting dark day by day. My skin cannot even effort a little bit of hotness or sunlight. What to do?
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin.
So, let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run.