Doctor in Hakimi Pharmacy
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Hakimi PharmacyYour feedback matters!
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder that can affect more than just your joints. In some people, the condition also can damage a wide variety of body systems, including the skin, eyes, lungs, heart and blood vessels.
Rheumatoid arthritis is is not the same as osteoarthritis. This is an autoimmune disease characterized by the body’s attacks on the lining of its own joints. Rheumatoid arthritis is a very painful condition and can affect children as well as adults.
Common symptoms of this condition include
These symptoms can vary from being mild to very severe. They may also come and go. Allopathic treatment can help control and manage the symptoms associated with this condition but cannot cure it completely. Thus many people suffering from this condition experience flare-ups throughout their life.
How Homeopathy Can Help?
Homeopathy has proven to be quite effective in treating and curing Rheumatoid arthritis. It aims at treating this condition not only by merely reducing the symptoms but by addressing the root cause of this disease. Homeopathy is an alternative form of medication that treats the symptoms being presented as well as the patient’s overall physical, mental, and emotional health. For this reason, two patients with the same symptoms may not always be treated with the same homeopathic remedy. This also makes it important to consult a doctor for homeopathic remedies and avoid self-medicating. That said, it is important to note that homeopathy has negligible side effects. When being treated with homeopathy, patience is essential as it can take a while for the body’s immune system to work properly and stop attacking itself.
Homeopathic remedies can work in many ways to treat Rheumatoid arthritis. Some medications are best suited to arthritic symptoms seen in small joints while others are effective against arthritic symptoms noticed in deformed joints. The joints affected by this disease also influence the remedy. It eases the pain associated with this condition and simultaneously keeps it from progressing by altering the immune system’s behavior. It also strengthens the immune system so that the patient is less susceptible to other conditions such as the flu that can aggravate Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
In addition to medication, lifestyle changes can also help a Rheumatoid arthritis patient live more comfortably. Exercise in moderation can help improve joint flexibility and reduce stiffness. Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish and nuts; and antioxidants found in tea, fruits, and vegetables can help control inflammation. At the same time, foods that can aggravate inflammation such as fatty foods, red meat, and food with a high carbohydrate value should be avoided.
In a normal pregnancy, the baby develops with its head pointed down, and the head is usually the part which comes out first during normal delivery. However, in many cases, the baby could have its legs, feet, or buttocks pointing to the cervix. In a majority of cases, the baby may have this position, but rotates to have its head pointing down before the third trimester. However, this may not happen, and this is referred to as breech.
In a lot of cases, the doctor would try to move the baby’s head downwards usually around the 37th week, and this is referred to as external cephalic version (ECV) or even as version. The process is done externally by manipulation and hence the name external. It is done before labor and may allow for a vaginal birth. In very rare cases, it may be done during labor, but before the amniotic sac has ruptured. As a backup, there should be a provision for the patient to undergo C-section, if ECV is not successful.
- Single pregnancy, into 36 weeks of pregnancy, with no complications, and preferably not the first pregnancy
- No engagement of the fetus (any part) in the uterus
- Adequate amniotic fluid, which will provide a good environment to move the baby with minimal injury
- Suspected/known birth defects
- Multiple pregnancies (twins/triplets)
- Ruptured amniotic sac
- Fetus with a hyperextended neck
- Mother’s health is not optimal and is on cardiac medications
- Condition that mandates a cesarean section (placental separation from the uterus, placenta covering the cervix, etc.)
The fetal position is first estimated using an ultrasound. The position of the placenta and the amount of amniotic fluid are also closely monitored. Under constant monitoring, the uterus is relaxed through medications. With one hand on the fetal head and another on the buttocks, the doctor tries to rotate the fetus. Depending on how much pressure the mother is able to tolerate and how flexible the uterus is, version may be successful (success rate is about 60%).
A second attempt under epidural anesthesia may be done, if the first one did not succeed. However, the chances of success with subsequent attempts is very doubtful. The fetus is constantly monitored through ultrasound and fetal heart rate monitoring. A fetus is considered healthy if the heart rate moves up during this procedure. However, if the heart rate seems abnormally high, the procedure would be abandoned.
After the procedure, the mother and the fetus would be monitored for a while before being sent home. As the fetus is constantly monitored throughout pregnancy, the doctor would be able to tell if this procedure is required.
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of genetic fat
1. You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
2. You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques.
1. Tumescent liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
2. Suction assisted liposuction:This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
3. Power assisted liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
4. Ultrasound assisted liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL. VASER is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
5. Laser assisted liposuction: LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma.
Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects.
Contraception refers to something, which works to prevent a pregnancy from occurring. But what is emergency contraception? This sort of contraception is made use of in case other methods of birth control do not work or a woman has had unprotected sex.
This sort of contraception is also referred to as the morning after pill and postcoital contraception, which effectively means that it is taken after sex. Well, if while having sexual intercourse, there is a breakage of the condom or it slips off the penis, then it is a good idea to make use of emergency contraceptives, as should a woman if it so happens that she misses two or more birth control pills over the course of her monthly cycle.
While it is true that a large majority of emergency contraceptives, which are available in the market today are in the form of pills, note that this is not the only form of emergency contraception. As a matter of fact, copper containing intra uterine devices (IUDs) happen to be the most effective way to prevent a pregnancy from occurring, but this is only true if they are fitted within five days of unprotected sex. Again, even in this case, the sooner, the better!
Most people believe that an emergency contraceptive is almost always successful in ending a pregnancy. This is quite inaccurate as the main intention of an emergency contraceptive is not to end a pregnancy, but to prevent it from happening in the first place. This is exactly why it is so essential to have an emergency contraceptive pill after sex as soon as possible. The longer a woman delays, the higher the risk of fertilisation taking place and pregnancy then being left to be a foregone conclusion.
It is important to keep in mind that emergency contraception is not a substitute for taking precautions when it comes to sex. As a matter of fact, it can be said that there is no substitute for being responsible and making use of condoms or birth-control pills in a prudent way. After all, who wants to have the stress and the repercussions of a potential unwanted pregnancy? It makes quite a bit of sense to take some extra care so that there is no need for anxiety, as it isn’t really required and sex remains as much fun as intended!
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.
If you are suffering from trichomonas vaginalis, it is important for you to know about protecting yourself against this condition. Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is caused by an organism known as trichomonas vaginalis. This disease is more common in women than in men. Men too can get infected and pass on the infection to their sexual partners.
Signs & Symptoms-
Up to half of infected men and women will not have any signs or symptoms at all. Signs and symptoms usually show up within a month of coming into contact with trichomonas. You might notice:
- Soreness, inflammation and itching in and around the vagina. This can cause discomfort when having sex.
- A change in vaginal discharge – there may be a small amount or a lot, and it may be thick or thin, or frothy and yellow. You may also notice a strong smell that may be unpleasant.
- Pain when passing urine.
- A discharge from the penis, which may be thin and whitish.
- Pain, or a burning sensation, when passing urine.
- Inflammation of the foreskin (this is uncommon).
A physical examination and certain laboratory tests are carried out for the diagnosis of trichomonas’s. Tests are carried out on a sample of the vaginal fluid to find out disease-causing parasites. It is harder to detect the parasite in men, than in women.
Commonly, a certain oral antibiotic is prescribed for treating trichomonas’s. It is the only medicine used for this purpose, but should be avoided by pregnant women. If you are infected, your partner should also be treated at the same time for the prevention of reinfection and further spreading. If you are undergoing treatment for trichomonas’s, it is advised that you avoid having sex until the treatment gets over and all symptoms get eliminated. You should take your medicine even if you improve and after the symptoms are gone. A retest should be carried out after three months to know about the infection’s status.
You can prevent or protect yourself from trichomonas’s vaginalis by taking the following steps:
- Have protected sex by using condoms every time.
- Sexual abstinence or limiting your sexual contact to one partner is recommended.
- Avoid sexual contact if you think you are affected.
You should consult a doctor on experiencing any genital symptoms such as burning urination, discharge, and the development of sores or rashes. Also, you must stop having sex with anyone after experiencing these symptoms.
Ever wondered why you needed to share your family’s health history at a doctor’s clinic? Specific questions regarding health issues of your immediate family or close blood relatives give your doctor an insight into various health risks you might have now or in future. Those are medical conditions inherited by parents or grandparents through genes. Genes are passed from parents to children in DNA of eggs or sperms. Even a single mutation (fault) in gene can influence body systems and may lead to disorders. If any of the parents have a faulty gene, there are 50:50 chances of the child inheriting it.
Hereditary heart diseases are also a result of mutation in one or more genes and tend to run in families. Genes control almost all aspects of cardiovascular system including strengthening blood vessels, pumping capacity or communication of cells in the heart. A single genetic variation is enough to alter cardiovascular processes increasing the risk of developing a heart disease, attack or a stroke. Some of the most common hereditary cardiac disorders include; Arrhythmias, congenital heart diseases and cardiomyopathy. A family history of heart attack or stroke is also an established high-risk factor for the family members. High blood cholesterol, medically known as familial hypercholesterolemia also tends to run in families.
Unfortunately, many of these conditions cannot be prevented since they are acquired through genes. But there are many ways in which these could be managed before they become complicated or fatal.
Let’s look at some ways by which we can deal with hereditary heart diseases and increase a patient’s chances of survival:
Early Diagnosis And Treatment: When one person in the family is diagnosed with a heart disease, it is strongly advisable for other family members to go in for screening. An early diagnosis can help in better treatment and management of the disease and impacts positively on patients’ life. Medical screening of siblings is highly recommended in case a person suffers a sudden cardiac death especially at a young age.
Watch out for these symptoms at a young age: Abnormal heart rhythm, asthma that does not get better with inhaler, seizures that do not improve with medication, extreme fatigue or shortness of breath are warning signals and need immediate medical attention.
Genetic Testing: Family members may opt for genetic testing to check if they carried genes of an inherited disorder.
Genetic Counselling: Genetic counselling deals with problems like anxieties and fear of attacks, confusion over disease and emotional difficulties in accepting the situation.
We may not be able to change the family history but we can surely change our environment, lifestyle and habits. Eating healthy and following an active lifestyle does help in prevention and management of such diseases.
Be it frequent urination, painful urination, or change in color of urine, you must not hesitate to visit a urologist, especially when the symptoms persist for more than two days. Typically, an abnormal urge to urinate is directly affected by any infection in the bladder or due to any underlying medical condition. A urologist who is specialized in the study and treatment of disorders related to the urinary system is the right person to diagnose the problem and put you on the right treatment. Read on to have an insight into symptoms that would necessitate a urologist visit.
Inability to urinate: Many people tend to have calcium depositions in their urinary tract. This is what is known as a stone. When this stone grows big in dimension, it can block the ureters or the urethra. In both these situations, the total urine output reduces to a great extent or can stop completely. The first symptom, in this case, will be an intolerable pain in the back or lower abdomen. This is also a common sign in males with an enlarged prostate.
As the prostate grows in size, it pushes onto the bladder, thus again making it difficult to release urine.
- Pain in the lower abdomen: Pain in the lower abdomen is also a symptom of various kinds of urinary problems. If the pain is accompanied by urinary frequency or a burning sensation during urination, it inevitably prompts a visit to the urologist to check for bladder cancer or prostate.
- Blood in urine: Irrespective of the gender of the sufferer, blood in the urine is never a good sign. An immediate visit to the urologist is suggested as he can order tests which can highlight an infection or a disease or in extreme cases, even the early signs of cancer in kidney or bladder.
- Repeated urinary tract infections: Cases might arise, when a particular person is suffering from two or more infections in a span of 6 months. This situation should never be ignored, and immediately a doctor should be visited as this can be a serious health problem in both men and women. Prophylactic or some antibiotic treatments will be prescribed in this case.
- Chronic pain in the pelvic region: This is again another urinary condition which can affect both sexes. This condition is characterized by increased frequency of urination and nocturia and pain in the lower abdomen are also reported. Nocturia is severe nighttime urination. The treatment for this condition depends on the reason. A series of tests and examinations have to be carried out to find out the reason, and accordingly, a treatment plan has to be charted out.
Apart from the symptoms mentioned above, if you experience uncontrolled urine leakage or any sediments in urine or if you sense any abnormality concerning the lower abdominal area a urologist visit is warranted. No need to shy away from reporting even such minor discomfort as it could help avoid dire consequences.
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.
This discomforting skin condition can affect, both children and adults. It is often noticed in infants as well. Atopic dermatitis is even referred to as atopic eczema. It is characterized by skin inflammations. Under the effect of this condition, human skin tends to become itchy and irritable. This skin disease can be treated through medical assistance, but treatment is often followed by relapses. Homeopathy can effectively deal with the condition by reducing chances of a relapse. Homeopathy aims to look for underlying problems and treats your case without making you deal with side effects:
- Rhus Tox can prove to be effective: Many people suffering from atopic dermatitis might also suffer from asthma and are hence advised to take this homeopathic medication. A homeopathic practitioner will look for symptoms like reddened skin, persistent itching and vesicular eruptions. Eruptions on the skin can even be filled with fluids. Atopic dermatitis worsens during monsoons.
- Mezereum is known to treat atopic dermatitis: Mezereum is usually prescribed for infants who face the discomfort of atopic dermatitis. In infants, the skin condition is marked by eruptions on the scalp; mezereum treats these eruptions successfully. Ulcers with pus like oozing are also found on the scalp of a baby. This medicine will deal with all such symptoms.
- Try out the effects of Natrum Mur if you are suffering from certain skin condition: Patients who like consuming salty food or salt in general are prescribed with this medicine. Natrum Mur can cure crusting all along a person's hairline. Crusting results from dry hardened skin eruptions along the outline of a person's scalp. These eruptions are extremely itchy and have a bright red surface.
- Graphites can come to your aid: If a patient of atopic dermatitis is subject to sticky, fluid discharges from his or her skin eruptions, Graphites can be of immense help. Eruptions that occur in the folds of your body should be treated with Graphites. The back of your knees, the bend of your elbows and even itchy skin in the groins can be treated by taking this medication.
- Sulphur is also prescribed to help such a case: Patients who are susceptible to excessive itching when warm in bed or at night are asked to take Sulphur. Sulphur helps to cure cases where the person concerned has an extremely dry skin. This is a sought after homeopathic medicine known for its efficacy and should be a person's first choice in dire times.