Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Throat Ache
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Ear Wax Removal Procedures
Treatment of Nose Infection
Treatment of Neck swelling
Submit a review for Gandhi Nursing Home Speech N Sound ConceptsYour feedback matters!
My throat is aching alot and I get dry cough & my nose is totally chocked. I have gargled lot of times but I didn't get rid of that. There is a lot of irritation in my throat. This has been from 5 days.
My wife she get cold n headache. Regularly due to sinus problem. What can be the best to cure that permanently.
I am 65 year old having nose bleed occurring daily doc says high bp having Dicynene daily but no use please suggest.
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning where a patient feels as if the whole surrounding is rotating and a fear of fall is experienced, getting off balanced or pulled to one particular side is experienced as well.
The feeling of vertigo is very scary and unpleasant leaving the patient terrified and perplexed what actually caused that spinning sensation (vertigo).
Well, vertigo can be caused due to various factors and reasons, although it's more prevalent after the age of 40
Vertigo that often lasts for few seconds is not severe and is often not associated with dizziness, nausea, tinnitus (ringing behind the ear), it can be treated effectively by simple movements taught by the physiotherapist or a doctor.
- This type of vertigo is called bening paroxysmal positional vertigo (bppv) which is very common, and as the name suggests it's not dangerous, and it lasts only for few seconds (paroxysmal) and it's experienced only with specific head movement like turning to left or right or up down.
- This is due to the inner ear rock crystals called canalith made up of calcium gets displaced from its position, which needs to be repositioned by certain vestibular rehabilitation.
- Diagnosis for bppv is confirmed by thorough history taking, examination,
- Otoscope to rule out wax, infections, dix-hallpike test is done by the clinician to confirm bppv.
Vertigo that lasts for few minutes to hour associated with pain, nausea, hearing loss and tinnitus and is not specific to head movement can be severe, it's called meniere's disease, it's a disease if the inner ear where there is accumulation of fluids and disturbed ear pressure.
Vertigo can also be due to inner ear infections or inflammation called as vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis which may be associated with pain, hearing loss.
Uncommon cause of vertigo are:
- Space occupying lesion like tumour
- Brain or head/neck injury
- Severe migraine headache
Treatment of vertigo:
- Vertigo due to meniere's disease will be treated by medications like diuretics, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, etc.
- Vertigo due to bppv can be treated by the following procedures:
- Epley's manoeuvre or the canalith repositioning manoeuvre.
- Half somersault exercise
- Brant-daroff exercise
- Semont manoeuvre
- Eye gaze exercise
Bppv once treated rarely comes back, one or couple of sessions of epley's manoeuvre or half somersault may be needed to totally fix it, if it relapses same manoeuvre can be repeated once learnt by a qualified physiotherapist or a ent doctor.
Recurrence of vertigo is once or twice in a year.
Here we will learn how to safely do half somersault manoeuvre as it's one of the most effective and easy to do (do it yourself) technique to immediately stop vertigo due to bppv
Technique of half somersault manoeuvre:
Step by step instructions for right sided bppv --
A. Kneel on the floor or in the middle of a large bed. Tip your head straight upward quickly until you are looking straight up at the ceiling. This may cause dizziness briefly.
B. Next place your head on the floor upside down, as if you are about to do a somersault. Tuck the chin so that your head touches the floor near the back of the head rather than near the forehead. This position may cause a burst of vertigo. Without moving, wait until any vertigo ends. The vertigo means the particles are moving in the proper direction. Tapping firmly on the skull with your fingertips just behind the right ear can help move the particles along.
C. Slowly turn your head to face your right elbow. Try to center the right elbow in your field of view. You will keep your head turned to the right through the rest of the maneuver. Again, wait for any vertigo to end before moving to the next step.
D. Keeping your head turned to the right and viewing your right elbow, quickly raise your head to shoulder level. Your head should be positioned at about 45-degree angle to the floor throughout this move. Vertigo is normal during this part of the procedure. Wait for the vertigo to end or count to 15 before continuing.
E. Raise your head to the upright position quickly, keeping it about halfway turned toward the right shoulder. Some additional vertigo may occur. After the vertigo subsides, slowly sit upright.
Rest for 15 minutes. After the rest, quickly tip your head up and down. If no dizziness occurs do not repeat the maneuver. If you still feel some dizziness when making that movement, repeat the maneuver. You may also repeat the maneuver if you have another vertigo spell in the future.
- Always wait at least 15 minutes between maneuver to allow particles to settle.
- Sleep propped up on 2 or 3 pillows for two nights following maneuver.
- Sleep only on your left side for a week after the maneuver (put a pillow behind you to keep you from rolling over in the night).
My sister suffering from cheek pain coz of sinus. Cheek pain radiates from nose starting to cheekbone. She is intolerable to antibiotics. Kindly help my sister with any non harmful medicine.
Hi, I met with accident and shown to the doctor that time, it was breakage of ear drum and he advised as it well get healed naturally and the same is recovered also, now there is no pain. But some beep sound is continuing on my left ear which was damaged, is there any way to resolve my issue, kindly advise on it.
Sir, gale ke left side me dard rahata h kaan m bhi dard rahata tongue par safed kai janti h or gardan me karan rahti h dawai se aram nhi h.
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear.