Doctor in Dr. Shailesh Nadkarni clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh Nadkarni clinicYour feedback matters!
I am married and 26 years old. I have pcod and my periods are irregular. This period last for more than 13 days with clots. I don’t know what to do and I don’t know why I’m experiencing this problem.
I am 21 year old I have dark circles from past few years. I used so many creams to get rid of it. But it didn't work. What should I do now?
I am suffering from lot of dandruff these days l used to have this problem before but it have increased a lot now and due to this I am suffering from hair fall also please help me and suggest me what should I do to remove it completely from my scalp and to avoid it in future?
Hi my son is experiencing loose motions. He had loose motions with vomiting a month earlier but then it went fine after medication. Now since past 2 to 3 days I have seen that his motions are loose and today the frequency was once in 40 minutes or so and made me concerned .what medication would help him? Please support.
Nicotine addiction or tobacco addiction refers to an acute dependence upon tobacco products primarily due to the presence of the nicotine drug. In other words, nicotine addiction refers to an inability to stop using tobacco products despite the knowledge and awareness that it is harmful to you. While nicotine only induces addiction, it is the presence of other substances in tobacco which makes it damaging and injurious to health.
Nicotine has the tendency to produce effects in the brain, both physical as well as mind-altering, that give temporary satisfaction. This is precisely why people get hooked into the habit of tobacco consumption which eventually leads to addiction.
Unfortunately, stopping tobacco use immediately can also lead to several withdrawal symptoms, like agitation and restlessness.
The main reason why tobacco is so addictive is due to the fact that nicotine releases neurotransmitters such as dopamine in the reward centre; of the brain, which in turn improves your mood and gives you temporary pleasure.
Causes of nicotine addiction can either be physical or behavioral, for instance situations or feelings which make you crave for tobacco. These include:
1. Specific times during the day, say after every meal or during breaks at work
2. While defecating
3. While drinking alcohol
4. Stressful or depressive situations
5. At the sight or smell of a burning cigarette
6. Peer pressure
7. While driving
Symptoms of nicotine addiction include:
1. You are unable to quit smoking despite frequent attempts.
2. You experience withdrawal symptoms after attempting to quit.
3. You continue to smoke despite the awareness that it is injurious to your health.
4. You forego social as well as recreational activities because of your need to smoke.
Hair loss is a prime concern for many men and women these days, whether it is genetic, due to stress, bad haircare or any medical condition. But with advances in the field and adequate research, various new techniques have cropped up in the market which can combat the condition with ease. Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP, is showing impressive results in reversing hair loss.
PRP is a non-surgical therapeutic hair restoration option. It is suitable for both men and women. It is a state-of-the-art, totally natural, alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss or hair thinning. It is an injectable treatment which uses the patient’s own blood.
PRP has been in use in the medical field for two decades, and offers some promising potential for stimulating hair growth. However, no definitive studies yet exist that confirms its efficacy.
Advantages of PRP Therapy
PRP can be helpful in:
- Slowing the rate of hair loss
- Regrowing thinning hair to be thicker and full
- Boosting the health and condition of the scalp
- Stimulating collagen levels
- Preparing the scalp for hair transplantation & post hair transplantation
PRP can also assist in the treatment of skin and scalp conditions such as:
- Dry, itchy and inflamed scalp
- Genetic hair loss
- Alopecia areata
- Telogen effluvium (commonly caused by stress)
How PRP Works?
The scalp is cleansed and numbing cream applied. While the scalp is prepared, a small amount of blood is drawn from the patient. This blood is then centrifuged to produce the Platelet Rich Plasma. The PRP component is taken from the blood and injected or infused into the scalp or areas of hair loss. Patients are able to resume normal activities after this procedure.
PRP harnesses the growth factors carried in the blood supply and then delivers a concentrated dose back to the affected scalp and hair follicles. The growth factors in the platelets stimulate the follicles to grow hair. The hair follicles in the resting phase (telogen) may be pushed into growth, and this will appear as new hair growth.
Who is a candidate for PRP?
Men or women who have early stages male or female pattern baldness are suitable candidates for PRP. It is also suitable for men or women who are currently using hair loss medications; or those who are experiencing or expect to experience post-partum hair loss. It is also suitable for those who have had or plan to have hair transplant surgery.
However, you are not a candidate for PRP if you:
- Have medical conditions such as chronic liver disease, skin diseases or cancer, metabolic and systemic disorders
- Have undergone anti-coagulation therapy
- If you have any type of platelet dysfunction syndromes
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-level in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. It is diagnosed as Madhumeha in Ayurveda. Intake of oily, spicy food that are heavy on the digestion often lead to this problem.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Dietary habits
- Hereditary factor
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna – banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Emblica officinalis (Amla)
In ayurveda too, its been told to be difficult to cure to incurable. It is told to be a manageable disorder.
Management Module -
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is the most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. Its cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
The benefits of Ayurvedic therapy taken at the earliest is that they avoid or atleast delay the onset of neuropathy, nephropathy, retinopathy and other diabetes relates complications due to prolonged presence of diabetes.
Arthritis is a very painful disease. It restricts you from doing a lot of the activities you would love to engage in.
However, there are steps you could take to reduce the chances of it happening to you. Here are some of them :
1. Take Omega-3 fatty acids
Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
2. Take Vitamins and olive oil
Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. Vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while Vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.
4. Avoid injury
Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
5. Control your weight
This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at Johns Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
Strengthening your muscles around your joint decrease the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.