Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Dr Shah Kirit N ClinicYour feedback matters!
Vitiligo or White patches is medically referred as Leucoderma. It is a disease that causes loss of skin colour resulting in white patches. It can affect the skin on any part of the human body. It occurs when the melanin-forming cells called melanocytes which produce melanin die or stop functioning. The condition is not life threatening or contagious, but it is stressful and makes one feel bad about oneself.
The main sign of vitiligo is loss of skin pigment which produces light or white patches on skin. The discoloration is first visible on sun exposed areas like the hands, feet, arms, face and lips. It can also be coupled with premature greying of hair below the age of mid-thirties, colour loss of retina and inner lining of the mouth.
Vitiligo has no cure, but homeopathic treatment help to stop or slow the process of colour loss and brings back some colour to skin. The failure of melanocytes can be attributed to disorder in which immune system attacks and destroys them. It can also be triggered by sunburn, stress or exposure to industrial chemicals. People with vitiligo are at risk of Social or psychological distress, loss of hearing, sunburn and skin cancer, inflammation of the iris and dry skin.
Homoeopathic treatment enhances the natural production of pigments and Vitiligo is considered as a manifestation of an inner disturbed state of the body. The patient is analysed on mental, physical and familial attributes. The medication is then based the results. Arsenic Sulph Falvus, Arsenic Album, Baryta Mur and Baryta Carb are known to give good results in Vitiligo. Vitiligo is a chronic disorder and it takes a long time even with the best of the homoeopathic treatment.
- Calcarea Carb is prescribed to patients of Vitiligo with milky white spots on skin. It is prescribed to free perspiration over the head, neck and chest and persons with intolerance to cold weather.
- Arsenic Album is useful remedy for vitiligo in persons prone to dry, rough skin. The skin complaint coupled with asthma is a strong contender for using homeopathic medicine Arsenic Album.
- Sepia is prescribed for vitiligo in persons showing unresponsive attitude towards family and life
- Silicea is prescribed for vitiligo in patients with pale and waxy skin, tendency to excessive perspiration. If the main mind symptom are timidity and an under-confident nature, then Silicea is a good choice. It is known to work on patients who seem under-confident, fear public speaking.
- Sulphur is considered the best for vitiligo treatment as it goes deep inside the basic root cause to exterminate the disease. The persons requiring homeopathic medicine Sulphur show a mind constantly occupied with various theories and plans due to which they suffer from mental fatigue and absent mindedness.
Auricular Therapy is an ear based acupuncture therapy that can help in weight loss with the help of appetite suppression. Acupuncture helps in improving the serotonin level which works towards improving the smooth muscle of the stomach. This in turn helps in curbing one's hunger and appetite. The therapy is aimed at the vagal nerve in the ears.
History: While acupuncture has been practiced for several years as a part of Chinese Medicine, it has been imbibed as a part of alternative therapy and healing in the recent decades. The method of Auricular therapy for weight loss was first put forth by a research report presented in an Australian health journal, in the year 1998.
Requirement: The number of sessions and the intensity will depend on the goal weight of the person. Usually, each person requires a session of thirty to thirty five minutes at a time. This therapy works best for a weight loss goal of five to ten pounds at a time with sessions at least three times in a week.
Types: There are various types of auricular therapy that can help in stimulation of specific points on the ear with the help of five needles. These needles and inserted and left for a short duration. This duration is no more than a week at a time. Through this process, the practitioner ensures that the metabolism and fat burning process becomes faster. This is also done with the help of herbal supplements that must be had at the same time.
Auricular Point Stimulation: The objective of this therapy is to stimulate those points in the ear which are known to have a deep connection with parts of the abdomen and digestive tract. This is especially helpful for those people who have an uncontrolled appetite and especially those who indulge in emotional eating. Some people may be put through a process of electrical stimulation in which the ears can be stimulated for prolonged periods of time. This is done by passing a high frequency electrical current in the needle that has been inserted in the point.
Safety and Warnings: While acupressure is considered as a safe discipline and practice, there are warning signs that one must look out for. Any undue pain, fatigue and stress should be warning signals that point at the fact that the treatment is not working as it should. In such a case, the therapy must be stopped on an immediate basis with the mutual consent of the practitioner and the patient.
Obesity and excessive weight gain can be fixed with a variety of natural methods including Auricular therapy, which gets to the root of the problem, namely uncontrolled appetite.
Food is one of the greatest nourishments that is routinely required by our body. This is an element that can also make or break our immunity and promote good health. Therefore, it is imperative to eat healthy food so that one can not only take care of one’s body but also prevent the onset of various kinds of diseases. Carcinogens are present all around us, and we would do well to counter this with plenty of healthy food that are anti-cancer in nature. One will need to have at least 5 servings of this kind of foods in a day so that cancer can be kept at bay. Join us as we discuss these anti-cancer foods and how you can ingest them to prevent cancer.
- Garlic: This is known as a wonder food that can not only prevent cancer but also keep cardiovascular diseases away. Garlic is known to keep the oesophagus and colon clean so that toxins are not born in the digestive tract. These can create problems starting from the manifestation of stones to other issues like tumours as well. Garlic can keep cancer cells from multiplying, which can prevent the onset of the disease.
- Berries: There are various kinds of berries like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, which can help in preventing cancer. This is due to the fact that these berries are filled with healthy antioxidants, which stop cancer cells from multiplying in one’s body. The antioxidants do this by stopping the process of free radical creation in one’s body. This process will help in preventing cancer.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a fruit that can help in preventing diseases like prostate cancer. This is especially helpful if you have a genetic factor when it comes to cancer and a family history of the same that can bring about prostate cancer. The ingestion of tomatoes can help in stopping the DNA in your cells from causing such kind of damage which can lead to the start of cancer in the body. One can also use tomato sauce and puree in order to make curries and sauces on a regular basis so that one gets a good and healthy dose of tomatoes in a single day.
- Cruciferous Foods: These leafy greens like lettuce, cabbage and cauliflower as well as different types of salad leaves are called cruciferous foods. There are many free radicals that are known to escape from one’s DNA and cause damage like the growth of cancerous cells in one’s body. Regular consumption of such cruciferous foods like these leafy greens can actually put a stop to this process of free radicals and their production, which can also prevent cancer in the long run.
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted.