Doctor in Dr. Maxim D'mello
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Maxim D'melloYour feedback matters!
The skin has sebaceous glands producing sebum, which offers protection and is essential for maintaining a healthy skin. Acne is caused by overactive sebaceous glands and is more common in teenagers and adolescents. In people with severe acne, these could leave marks, which are not just a cosmetic issue, but also affect the personality of the person and reduce his or her self-esteem and confidence levels.
Acne scars are treated by homeopathy in safe, effective, and gentle ways by addressing the problem internally. It believes in restoring the underlying balance in the body and not just removing the scars. Treatment would be done after a detailed case study for accompanying symptoms and clinical examination. Self-medication is to be avoided, as what worked for one person may not work for another.
Some of the effective medicines to cure acne are listed below:
- Works wonders in all sorts of acne – simplex, pustular, or indurated
- Works well for oily skin, where the sebaceous glands are overactive
- Reduces secretion of sebum and oil and controls acne
- Useful where the acne is worsened by sweet and fatty food items like chocolates and meat
- Useful where the acne is itchy and worse during winters
- Useful where the acne is spread on the face, chest, and shoulders
- Given when acne is accompanied by severe itching
- Works for all types of acnes - simplex, pustular or indurated
- Where the acne could have left behind deep scar marks
- Very useful for acne that is extremely itchy
- Bluish-red pimples
- Where skin looks unhealthy and very poorly maintained
- Where itching is worsened by scratching, at night and in warm weather
- Burning sensation observed
- Where other topical applications have failed
- This ointment mixed with lanolin is applied as a thin layer on the acne.
- Helps dissolve scar tissue, lightens existing scars
- Can be used on the face as it is non-greasy and easily absorbed
- Can be mixed with glycerin and used on the face
- If severe, the oral preparation could also be used
Silicea is known for its properties of lightening and dissolving scars.
- Can be used in liquid form or as an oral preparation
- Should be mixed with water and glycerin and applied on the skin
- Works best for pustular or cystic acne, especially on forehead
- When there is excessive sweating and itching
- Works well for acne on the cheeks, which are warm, pustular with a burning sensation
- Acne could have pricking pain
- Works well in anemic girls
One of the biggest worries that can be caused by a seemingly harmless thing is that caused by falling of hair or hair loss as it immediately throws up a stark image of a bald pate, which no one wants to have. The very thought of hairfall tends to lower your confidence about your looks. It may even make you a target of jokes. A commonly heard joke in our part of the world is that if one is losing hair, it is an indication that he is becoming rich. In reality, the opposite is more likely to be true. A person with falling hair ends up losing or spending a fortune trying to stop the hair from falling and preserving one’s crowning glory. Moreover, there is no dearth of enterprising people out to fleece such patients who are already hassled.
Causes of Hairfall or Baldness
The causes of excessive hairfall can vary from person to person as there are various possible reasons for this phenomenon.
- Deficiency in one’s diet where one does not get adequate levels of the required minerals and vitamins can be one prominent cause. Micronutrients like Zinc, Selenium and Iron are important for the normal growth of hair and any deficiency in these can cause hairfall.
- The absence of good health or the presence of some or the other illness can also cause the hairfall to increase.
- In males, the most common cause is the androgenic baldness or the male pattern baldness. This variety of baldness is present only in males and tends to run in families. It occurs due to the presence of excess of testosterone, which results in increased hair growth all over the body but the hair on the head falls out.
- Fungal infections of the scalp can also cause baldness in patches. Other localised infections of the scalp can also cause hairfall.
- Hairfall can occur in females just after pregnancy or after delivery. This has to do with the changes in the hormones that occur during these phases.
Role of Homeopathy in Curing Hairfall
Homeopathy is very effective in treating hair fall or baldness or alopecia. As mentioned earlier, when we say baldness, we do not mean the male pattern baldness or the androgenic baldness. In such cases, we can only reduce the hairfall. But in other cases, the homeopathic medicines for hair fall not only treat the symptoms i.e. the hairfall but also cure the systemic problems that are the root cause of the hairfall. In case the bald spots are happening due to fungal infections, the homeopathic medicines eradicate the fungus completely and the hair grow back on their own completely naturally.
Homeopathic Medicines For Hair Fall or Baldness or Alopecia
Homeopathic medicines like Acid Flour, Phosphorus, Lycopodium, Thuja and Silicea have been very effective in treating hair loss. It is very important to study the patient in great detail and find the exact cause of the problem and treat the root cause. Sometimes, there may be some hidden stress in the mind of the patient which may have caused this hairfall and it also needs to be treated accordingly if we want a permanent cure to the problem. Given below are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for hair fall or baldness-
- Acid Flour – best homeopathic medicine for baldness in spots
- Thuja – best remedy for hair fall with dandruff
- Lycopodium – best medicine for hair fall after delivery
- Silicea – best treatment for baldness with constipation
- Phosphorus- best medicine for hair falling out in handfuls
These medicines are very effective in treating hair fall or baldness. The only thing is that the symptoms of the patient should be matched carefully with the right homeopathic medicine. In a lot of cases, some different medicine might be required based on the symptoms of the patient. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!