Doctor in Dr. Kajani Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kajani ClinicYour feedback matters!
Are you experiencing an orgasm unusually sooner while having intercourse? This may be an indication of premature ejaculation, which is also featured by minimal penile stimulation. Premature ejaculation is a condition where you reach sexual climax quickly, causing premature or early ejaculation. Ejaculation within one minute of having sex is referred to as premature ejaculation. Ayurvedic cure for premature ejaculation is considered to be effective and there are remedies for all symptoms and causes.
Here is a list of the most important Ayurvedic remedies for the treatment of premature ejaculation:
- Herbs: Mix the herbs Ashwaganda, Bala and Vidari together in equal parts, add a spoonful of it in hot milk and drink it. Some other essential Ayurvedic herbs, which help in treating premature ejaculation include Speman tablets, Asparagus, Jatiphala, Garlic and Drumsticks.
- Dietary changes: Several dietary changes are required for treating premature ejaculation, following Ayurvedic principles. Consume food items such as cereals, fish, bananas, nuts, lettuce, shellfish, and vegetables like fennel, onions and celery. Honey is essential and should be taken regularly. There are several food items you should avoid taking which include coffee, tea, alcohol, processed food, food containing excessive white sugar and white flour, and denatured foods.
- Lifestyle modifications: Ayurvedic principles firmly state that you need to quit smoking completely for the prevention of premature ejaculation. You also need to keep away from sexual activities and should avoid too much masturbation.
- Saffron and milk: Milk is considered to be very essential in Ayurveda and having milk with saffron and almond is effective for treating premature ejaculation. Almonds should be soaked overnight and blended with hot milk. You can also add cardamom and ginger to the drink.
- Ayurvedic massage: You can undertake a special leaf bundle Ayurvedic massage for treating premature ejaculation. This technique is called Elakizhi.
- Yoga: Regular yoga is essential for curing premature ejaculation. There are several yoga positions such as the shoulder stand or arvanga asana, the fish or matsya asana, and the plough or hala hasana, which are beneficial for premature ejaculation management.
- Green onion seeds: Add water to green onion seeds and drink the mixture.
Premature ejaculation leaves you feeling frustrated and affects you emotionally because of your disrupted sexual life. This condition is also capable of affecting your relationship with your partner because of unsatisfactory sexual activity. Premature ejaculation lowers a man’s self-esteem and drains him of confidence.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is normal to feel nervous before an interview or be anxious about certain things, but letting that fear take over your life is not normal. If your worries and stress interfere with day-to-day life, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. Fear not, this is treatable with homeopathy.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies to help calm an anxious person:
- Kali Phosphoricum: Kali Phosphoricum is potassium phosphate that helps calm people when overwhelmed by anxiety attacks. This is suitable for people who are easily stressed, over sensitive, insecure, irritable and despondent. It also helps deal with the after effects of grief and fright. Physical ailments such as fatigue, dullness and lack of energy that are a result of anxiety can also be treated with this biochemic salt.
- Aconite Napellus: Aconite Napellus is made from a purple flowering plant by the same name. It has a number of uses, primary among which is to control anxiety. This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for sudden, intense anxiety attacks and for post traumatic anxiety. It also helps deal with after effects of anxiety such as memory weakness, restlessness, oversensitivity and spells of rage.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is also known as nitrate of silver. This is helpful in cases where anxiety makes a person insecure and unsure of what to do. When you're anxious, you are likely to crave for something sweet and feel very hot. Both these are cyclic symptoms of anxiety, and can worsen the situation, if not dealt with. However, Argentum Nitricum helps calm the digestive effects of sugar and cool the body to keep anxiety levels in check.
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum Album is a constitutional remedy that can treat both chronic and acute problems. This works well on people who are worried about safety and security. If issues like health, money and break-ins are the cause of your anxiety, this homeopathic remedy is ideal for you. It also helps deal with restlessness.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is a homeopathic remedy made from the middle layer of sea shells that has a number of applications. When it comes to anxiety, Calcarea Carbonica is well suited for people who are scared of change and over controlling. This anxiety is accompanied by excessive sweating due to any exertion and stubbornness. Such people are also often afraid of animals and of the dark and get easily confused. One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy over allopathic treatment is the absence of side effects when taken in low doses.
However, even homeopathic medication can have side effects when taken in high doses. Therefore, it is a good idea to consult a doctor before self medicating.
Gallstone Pancreatitis is the result of a blockage in the pancreatic duct by a gallstone. Due to the blockage in the pancreatic duct, inflammation occurs and causes the problem to begin.
This can be a life-threatening situation and should be immediately checked. If the stones from the gallbladder travel down the common bile duct and get stuck at the sphincter, it can stop the outflow of all materials from the pancreas as well as the liver and become quite severe. There are a lot of risks involved when a person suffers from this issue. Rapid weight loss, high cholesterol levels, diabetes are a few of the risks of the disease.
Symptoms of Gallstone Pancreatitis
There are a number of symptoms like pangs of pain in the upper left abdomen and the back, swollen and tender abdomen, vomiting and nausea, increase in the heart rate, fever and more can be seen in a patient suffering from gallstone pancreatitis. Any individual who notices any of the following symptoms should get themselves checked immediately. Any pain in the upper abdominal area can be aggravated by eating foods which are high in fat as well.
Diagnosis of Gallstone Pancreatitis
In order to be completely sure about having gallstone pancreatitis, a number of tests are performed. Blood tests are followed by abdominal CAT scan to check for the inflammation of the pancreas. This also shows how severe the inflammation of the pancreas is. Sometimes abdominal ultrasound is also suggested as CAT scans are sometimes not as sensitive in identifying the problem. Once the problem has been detected, immediate treatment is recommended by doctors.
The Treatment of Gallstone Pancreatitis
The best treatment for pancreatitis is done in the initial stage of the problem. By avoiding taking in liquids and solid food up until the inflammation subsides is one of the best treatments. If the inflammation is relatively modest, the swelling can reduce in a few days by intravenous delivery of fluids for a couple of days.
1. If a CAT scan or MRI of abdomen suggest that a stone in present in the Common bile Duct (CBD), the an Endoscopic treatment referred as ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography) is done.
2. After the acute pancreatitis episode settles down, patient must undergo a Gall Bladder removal surgery. This is done as gall bladder is the factory of gall stones and patient is at-risk to another episode of Acute Pancreatitis.
In case of severe inflammation, fever and persisting pain, intravenous delivery of food should continue if oral intake of food does not start within 5 to 7 days. Anti-nausea medications are used to treat severe nausea and vomiting along with nasogastric tube. In certain cases, it is important to remove the gallstones from the bladder immediately while in some cases doctors suggest waiting for a period of 24-48 hours before starting the removal procedure. Sometimes a surgical removal of the gallstones is also required but only if the stones do not pass out of the system on their own.
Sexual intimacy is a normal human need. But for some, sexual behaviour becomes compulsive and gets out of control, even when people might not express it openly. Sexual addiction means the affected person repeatedly participates in a sexual activity, which causes detrimental effects on his/her relationships, job, self-esteem and overall life. It is used as an escape from unpleasant and unwanted feelings.
Like any other addiction, sexual addiction is difficult to talk about until the person accepts that there is a problem and becomes aware of how his/her behaviour is affecting their life along with the lives of people around them.
Here are some ways to help cope up with the addiction for yourself or someone you know.
- Accept the problem: Being aware of your condition and accepting it is the first step to recovery. Admit that you have a problem, make your mind to control it and seek for timely help.
- Know the triggers: Awareness is the most crucial element in treating any condition. Identify the cause of your addiction. There are triggers which precede sexual behaviour, leading to your addiction. Identify these triggers and try getting rid of them. They could be certain emotions, people or situations which make you feel the urge to perform sexual activity.
- Seek help: It is very difficult to address any problem alone. When you think you have a problem, seek help immediately. Confide in loved ones, family or friends about your condition. Join support groups that help people with sexual addiction. Seek professional help when you feel things are going out of control. Visit a therapist who can explain the condition to you and help you find ways to deal with it.
- Stop feeling embarrassed: Addictions come with a lot of shame and embarrassment when you realize your problem. Focus on the positive aspect that you have finally realized and figured out your problem. Forget about the past and concentrate on what you can do to help yourself. Nobody is judging you or going to make you feel bad. Your family and friends are there to support you and help you get out of the situation. Stay away from people who tend to behave otherwise and enforce their negative emotions and thoughts on you. Trusting the person who is going to help you is the key. Remind yourself that you are seeking help to get healthier and happier.
- Channelize your energy: When you stop doing addictive sexual activities, the excess energy in your body needs to be released. Channelize that energy on healthy productive forms of recreation like exercise, running, swimming, yoga etc. Search for an activity which stimulates your mind, body and soul making you feel happy and content to the end. In short, stay occupied always.
Although sexual addiction makes life difficult for an individual, following these tips will definitely help you deal with the situation more effectively.
We are living with a ticking time bomb as several bacteria are becoming resistant to major antibiotics, which means that soon a simple wound may kill us. All living beings have an inherent quality to adapt. Bacteria and Viruses are not excluded from this. They have developed resistance against many antibiotics and form a major challenge for medical science.
In 2008, the International Journal of Cancer published a paper showing an increased risk of cancer proportional to antibiotic use in people. They found that in people who have taken 2-5 prescriptions of antibiotics, their risk of cancer was increased by 27%, and greater than 6 prescriptions led to an increased risk of 37%. An earlier study (2004) showed that antibiotic use was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. For those taking antibiotics for more than 500 cumulative days, the risk of breast cancer doubled.
Over 100 leading integrative medicine specialists in the U.S. urgently called for a new strategy to confront the very dangerous challenges of the post-antibiotic era... including adding homeopathy as an adjunct therapy.
The Father of Immunology and winner of the Nobel Prize in medicine: Dr. Emil Adolf von Behring - discovered in the 1890s, during extensive experimentation, that homeopathic remedies produced enhanced immunogenic activity. Homeopathy is extremely safe, holistic and very effective.
Their conclusions: Patient survival was statistically significantly higher in the homeopathy group than in the placebo group.
As current research and epidemiological evidence show: Though homeopathy is not a money maker for the pharmaceutical industry, it is a safe and effective treatment option for infectious diseases, with no potential to create drug-resistant germs. In a nutshell, Homeopathy is needed to save humanity. Homeopathy is gentle and cost effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
The core muscles, mainly concentrated around the abdomen, hips, lower back, trunk, and glutes, are indeed a powerhouse that gets you going. The stronger the core muscles, the fitter you stay. Without a proper core strength, a lot of the day to day activities including lifting or bending gets affected. Certain health conditions can weaken the core muscles. But how to know if the core muscles are weak? There are many signs and symptoms associated with weak core muscles.
Mentioned below are some important signs that may be an indication of weak core muscles.
- For your posture to be correct, the spine and pelvis need to be stable: The muscles of the lower back and the abdomen does exactly that, ensuring a steady and correct posture. However, when the core muscles weaken, they are unable to provide stability to the spine and the pelvis resulting in a poor posture. Left unattended, poor posture, in turn, can trigger a myriad of complications and discomfort.
- The body loses its balance: As already mentioned, the core muscles go a long way in stabilizing the body and helping you to maintain the body balance. You can perform a small test to know if your balance is affected. Close your eyes and stand on one foot. Repeat the procedure with the other foot as well. If you have a developed core, you will be able to hold the position for at least 10 seconds, if not more (both the legs).
- A pain concentrated to the lower back: Do not ignore a lower back pain. It could be an indication of your core muscles not being strong enough, especially the ones adjacent to the spine. The weak muscles fail to provide the necessary support to the discs and the vertebrae resulting in pain (mild to severe depending on the severity of the condition) and discomfort. Timely medical intervention may help improve the condition.
- Weakness throughout the body: The strong core muscles are an indication of a healthy and fit body. When the muscles start to lose its strength, the entire body gets affected. A person finds it difficult to even lift things. Doing even a small and regular work leaves a person weak and tired.
- You can also perform the Hollowing Test to check your core strength: Sit in a comfortable position. Starting breathing in and out. As you breathe out or exhale, try to pull your stomach inwards towards the spine for at least 10 seconds. Unable to pass this test (can't hold the position for 10 seconds) indicates weak core muscles.
- You can also try the plank test: Get yourself in a push-up position with the entire body resting on your elbows, arms, and toes. The hip should be level and steady. Failing to stay in this position for 50 seconds is indicative of weak core muscles
In today's stressful life, we have so much to focus on, whether it's juggling work, family or friends. In this rut, our eating habits go for a toss and we forget what our mothers have been telling us since we were kids, to eat our vegetables. Green leafy vegetables are the roughage we need to keep our digestive systems functioning well and protect us from developing serious illnesses such as cancer.
Yes, you read it right! Adding a recommended portion of greens to our diet is a really promising way of reducing the risk of cancer for an average person. While it has to be admitted that they may not always taste great, by a long shot, mothers have been right in forcing their kids to eat their quota.
In fact, the ancient medicinal field of Ayurveda justifies this as it says the vegetables are required to replenish the body of its juices. Also, there has been scientific research which has been able to link lower cancer rates with people who consume green and yellow vegetables.
So, now that it is well known that these vegetables are good for us, the question is how we go about including them in our diets.
That brings us, to the selection of the green vegetables. One should remember that these vegetables usually shrink on being cooked, so he or she should account for that. What a person is going to select really depends on his or her taste but Swiss chard, sorrel and turnip greens are just some options, along with collard, the wonder health food that is kale, and even the simple, well known spinach which is much maligned among children around the world!
Also, it is very important to make sure the vegetables are washed adequately. An additional thing to be kept in mind is that it is not good to cook these vegetables in cookware that is made out of aluminium. This alters the taste of the vegetables.
The health benefits of vegetables like these goes well beyond reducing the risk of an individual to cancer. The amount of iron in the blood, also called haemoglobin, is given a mega boost by consuming dark green vegetables. The array of health benefits even apart from this is just so immense, to say the very least. Vitamins A, B1, B2 as well as K are just some of the vitamins which green vegetables are rich in. Other than that, these vegetables are replete with magnesium, potassium and so much else!
After all this, there is no reason not to have green leafy vegetables on a daily basis. Mothers' wisdom can't really be argued with, right?
The thyroid gland is a small butterfly-shaped gland located at the base of the neck. This is responsible for producing the thyroid hormone that in turn helps regulate metabolism and other bodily functions. The production of less than normal amounts of thyroid hormone is termed as hypothyroidism. Stress, food intolerance, an unhealthy lifestyle and immune system disorders are some of the factors that could contribute to hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include
In mild cases, there may be no visible effects on the person but in severe cases, it can reduce ovulation or cause the ovulation to stop completely. This can result in infertility. Hypothyroidism can also put a woman at a high risk of having a miscarriage.
Infertility can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most common amongst them is IVF or In Vitro Fertilization. This procedure involves stimulating the woman’s ovaries to produce eggs, harvesting them and combining them with sperm cells from the male partner in a laboratory. This increases the chances of forming an embryo. 2 or 3 of the healthiest embryos formed are then reinserted into the woman’s womb. When the embryo is successfully implanted, the woman may then carry the pregnancy to full term.
Many women who undergo IVF treatment give birth to twins or triplets. IVF typically has a very high success rate but when it comes to women suffering from hypothyroidism, this may not be the best course of treatment. This is because hypothyroidism can also prevent the embryos from being successfully implanted in the uterus.
For this reason, a thyroid test is essential before inserting the embryos into the uterus. This can be done with a simple blood test to measure the level of thyroid hormone in the blood. This test is known as a TSH test. Normal TSH levels range from 0.3 to 3.0 mIU/L. If the levels are unacceptable, medication will be prescribed to help regulate them. Dietary changes may also be required. Once the levels are within the normal range, the embryos can be inserted.
Women suffering from hypothyroidism must have regular checkups for the entire duration of their pregnancy. This will help doctors identify potential problems early and deal with them before they can affect the growing fetus. Even after giving birth, the woman should get her thyroid levels checked regularly while she is nursing the baby.
The age old Ayurveda has answers to most problems regarding physical as well as mental health. Ayurveda states the presence of certain bodily energies throughout the body and mind which help in governing all the physical and mental processes. These energies are called doshas and Ayurveda classifies these doshas into three different parts, the Vata dosha, composed of space and air; the pitta dosha, composed of fire and water; the kapha dosha, composed of Earth and water.
The pitta dosha
As already discussed, the pitta is derived from the elements of fire and water and this is that energy which is in charge of all the heat, transformations and metabolism in human bodies. The pitta governs the digestion of food, metabolism of sensory perceptions, discrimination between right and wrong. So basically, pitta controls the fire in the body and is liquid in nature. The pitta carries out its functions through carrier substances like bile, enzymes, hormones and organic acid.
Qualities of pitta dosha
The various qualities exuded by pitta dosha include oily, hot, moving, sharp, liquid, acidic, and light and a pitta person will reflect these qualities in both the balanced as well as imbalanced states.
Location and task of pitta dosha
Pitta is mainly located in the small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, eyes, blood, and sweat. Pitta basically provides the body heat by breaking down the food molecules into absorbable units. Mentally, the pitta controls the inner joy, will power, courage, anger, mental perception, jealousy.
It can be comfortably said that the reason behind an individual’s anger, rage and jealousy is because of an unbalanced increase in pitta. Also pitta individuals tend to have oily skin. However, a balanced pitta individual usually has a very sharp intellect, a happy disposition towards life, enormous courage and drive to achieve. Imbalanced pitta can also cause inflammations, rashes, ulcers, fever, heat burns, and infections. So, it is very important to have a balanced pitta.
Here are some ways to balance pitta dosha
- Eating is peace
- Eating a balanced pitta diet
- Engaging in activities to calm the body and mind
- Meditating on a daily basis
- Spending time in nature
- Performing yoga and other calming exercises
Eating while angry, eating pitta increasing food, drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking cigarettes; working more than necessary, and unnecessary competition are certain reasons for imbalance in the pitta dosha. Hence, controlling the inner fire and taming it, is mostly in the hands of the individuals themselves.
With today’s lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid stress. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress, if not dealt correctly can harm a person mentally, emotionally and physically. Stress can also make a person age faster. Hence. it becomes essential to understand how to deal with the wear and tear of stress.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and nicotine: Stress can fasten your heartbeat and lead to anxiousness and depression. Turning to nicotine, alcohol or any form of caffeinated drink may temporarily make you feel better but will worsen the situation in the long run. This is because all three of them are considered stimulants. Instead hydrate your body with plenty of water, fresh fruits juices and herbal teas.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is beneficial for a healthy mind and body. Exercising give you some time to yourself and gives you a break from whatever may be triggering your stress. Stress also causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This can make you jumpy and tense. However, by exercising these hormones can be put to use and your body can be brought back to a calmer state.
- Talk to someone: Stress can lead to anxiety and depression. This can make you socially withdrawn and lead to even more stress. Hence, it is essential to find someone who you can open up to and share your thoughts and experience with. This will also help you make better decisions as stress can cloud your judgement.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Stress can affect your sleep cycles and make you either an insomniac or make you sleep excessively. In both cases, you wake up feeling tired and sans any energy to take on the next day. Give yourself a routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day to fight these effects of stress and to give your mind time to refresh itself. It will also help to avoid watching television or working on laptops or mobiles for an hour before going to bed.
- Prioritize: Seeing a never ending to-do list is one of the most common stress triggers. In such situations, stress can make you unable to complete your tasks efficiently and you’re left either feeling overworked or with an even longer to-do list for the next day. Hence, it is important to learn to prioritise tasks and get them done one at a time. Also, learn to say ‘NO’ to people when you know you do not have the time to take on additional tasks.