Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Gestational Diabetes Management
Believe me, it's so easy to pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak (गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies (पिन्नी).
It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control. Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos. The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
Tips to prevent winter weight gain:
1. Get enough sun-shine
A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetableshave soup before your dinneradd oats, barley and dals (दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Don’t skip workouts
Don’t skip the gym. Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight. Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee. Have light soups and broths.
Hello Dr. I'm 21 years old. My height is 5'6. My weight is 50 kg I look to skinny I want to gain weight what should I do. What should I include in my diet.
Methi or Fenugreek is a herb with green leaves that comes from the Pea family. The seed of fenugreek is bitter in taste and are used in preparing a number of medicines. The leaves of fenugreek, however, are quite tasty when cooked. 1 tablespoon of fenugreek leaf contains calorie, fat, fibre, protein, carbohydrate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6 and phosphorous. It goes without saying that they are extremely beneficial for the overall health of an individual.
Here is a list of few benefits that methi leaf can extend to the body if consumed regularly:
- Address heart diseases: Fenugreek contains a compound known as galactomannan that plays a key role in addressing many heart diseases and helps the cardiac muscle to remain intact. The sodium and potassium content of fenugreek helps to maintain the heart rate and keeps blood pressure at an optimum level.
- Reduce inflammation: Fenugreek is known to address inflammation such as chronic coughs, boils, mouth ulcers, tuberculosis, mouth cancer, bronchitis and kidney ailments. Fenugreek slows down the absorption of sugar and stimulates insulin. They can be consumed daily in the form of a paste or along with food to address various inflammation of the body.
- Lose weight: Fenugreek helps to lose weight. The natural fibre content of methi, when consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, can help to curb hunger. Fenugreek swells in the stomach and gives a fulfilling feeling. They can become a major aid in any weight loss program.
- Address acid reflux: Fenugreek is an extremely good remedy for addressing heartburn and acid reflux. Fenugreek contains mucilage that coats the intestinal and stomach lining and thus soothes the gastrointestinal tissue. The methi seeds should be soaked in water before consuming.
- Helps in fixing a sore throat: 1 spoon of methi paste when mixed with honey and lemon reduce fever and give relief from a cough and cold. It is also capable of fixing a sore throat. It nourishes the body and helps to recover from cold in very short time.
- Menstrual discomfort: Compounds such as isoflavones and diosgenin possess estrogen-like quality. They can readily address discomfort associated with PMs and menstrual cramps. Methi is also found to help with mood fluctuation and hot flashes. Due to their iron-rich properties, fenugreek proves to be extremely helpful for women suffering from menstrual pain.
- Hair problems: Fenugreek is known to have a very soothing effect on the scalp that in turn makes the hair black and shiny. When fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight, boiled and mixed with coconut oil to form a paste, they can do wonders for the hair. They are also known to be ceasing hair fall and hair thinning.
Hello sir I have tried all the things to gain good weight but it not work like exercise and diet food even I tried endura mass. Sir please tell me some capsule to gain if it is side effects.
How to gain weight as I am 32 years old my weight just 50 kg I need to gain some what 15 to 20 kgs more please suggest how to gain the weight.
Sir I'm underweight I'm eating according to diet plan but I'm not getting result my height is 5 ft and 10 inch and my weight is approx 53-54 kg.
I get very tired as the day ends. I can not cut my work loads, please suggest me with a proper diet to remain fresh and energetic full day long.
Sir I have six meal a day for mass gain and I have pooping 3 time a day it is normal or not please tell me god bless you.
I have ringworm on my both legs and back since 6 months when I use medicine it's get cured but after some days it again starts up please give me suggestions for complete removal of ringworm problem.
I feel very sleepy after come back from gym. Is it ok to sleep after workout? Does it put any negative impact on my body.
Hi I'm 29 years I am very thin. I am eating well but my weigh is not increase. Why I want to become little fat and increase my weigh please.
Having a baby brings about a number of changes in your life, including a change in the way you look. The nine months see you putting on additional weight, which you try to shed off once you deliver. To help you get back into shape, here are some very effective and simple ways that you can follow:
Losing weight doesn't mean you need to get started on a vigorous exercise regimen; even a simple walk around your apartment block can help you to lose your baby weight. Whether it's going up and down the stairs for 15 minutes or pushing the stroller for about 30 minutes, such activities can bring your body's calorie-burning capacity back on track.
- Breastfeed to burn about 600-800 calories everyday - Breastfeeding is not only good for your newborn but also for you. Breastfeeding your child can help you to lose weight considerably as it's a great way of burning off all the baby fat.
- Lift weights to speed up your body's metabolism - Lifting weights can aid in improving your body's metabolism, thereby helping you to lose your baby weight effectively. By adding weight training to your fitness regimen, you're in fact helping yourself to build muscle mass and losing weight in the process. To do this, you don't need any gym equipment, for instance, you can do lunges while taking your baby around in a stroller. Or do them while holding your child close to your chest.
- Always snack healthily - Having healthy snacks in place of high-calorie sugary foods can help you to get back your post-pregnancy shape. Studies show that yogurt and low-fat milk can help in weight loss as the calcium content present in these two foods block a hormone that assists the body in storing fat. Moreover, consuming foods high in fiber like raisins and figs can help in improving your digestion.
- Get adequate sleep - Sleeping is another way in which you can shed off those extra kilos. Try to sleep whenever you get the time as it'll help to keep you from binging on junk foods as well as keep your energy levels in check.
Related Tip: Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby & Mother
I am 20 years old and I am suffered from mind tiredness and heaviness in a little time and then it cover up when we busy on doing other thing.
There is probably no house in India, where dishes are prepared without the use of ginger. It forms an amazing spice that is savoury, both for spicy and sweet dishes and as a result, most Indian dishes include this spice for making them tastier and healthier. But did you know that both fresh and dried ginger has medicinal properties as well?
Here are the top 13 benefits proffered by ginger
Healing properties: Ginger can be used as a fresh root or a milled powder for healing all kinds of sores and cuts and it prevents spread of infections.
Helps in relieving pain: If you can boil ginger for a short time and drink the liquid, it can help in alleviating the chronic and acute pain caused by arthritis, rheumatism, abdominal cramps, back pain, bronchial asthma and bronchitis, neck stiffness, inflammation in the kidney and liver.
Regenerating properties: Ginger can help in increasing the blood circulation, eliminating toxins and regenerating the tissues that have been harmed with any kind of disease.
Fat burning abilities: Ginger can act as a fat burner and aids in weight loss. It can create a feeling of fullness and reduces sudden food craving so that you will not have to snack in between meals.
Anti-inflammatory properties: Regardless of what has triggered the cause of pain, ginger has the potential to set you free from it owing to the anti-inflammatory properties contained in ginger roots.
Helps in relieving sinusitis: Ginger has a notable impact on the health of those suffering from sinusitis. If you are suffering from asthma, you may have it too.
Alleviating nausea: Ginger root can soothe the nerve and can prevent headache, vomiting and migraine. It can relieve you from tiredness and soreness of muscles caused due to long voyages.
Fighting abdominal discomfort: By consuming ginger tea on regular basis, your digestion, as well as food absorption, can be prevented.
Reduction of inflammation: Ginger root helps in soothing swollen joints and tired muscles. It is also recommended for relieving pain and burning sensation.
Fighting menstrual problems: Dipping a towel in ginger tea and putting in the region of the uterus can aid in relaxing the muscles.
Relieving stress: A cupful of ginger tea can aid in improving the mood and reducing stress and tension.
Empowering the immune system: The antioxidants contained in ginger roots can help in strengthening the immunity system by reducing stroke risk and cleaning arteries.
Treating cancer: It has been proven that ginger tea can kill cancer cells.
There are specific rules and ways of consuming Aadrak (ginger) by people of different constitutions and regions. An Ayurvedic constitutional examination can help you in understanding which and when is the best way for you to consume ginger.