Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Beyond the Weighing ScaleYour feedback matters!
Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful Ayurvedic herbs and is commonly known as the Indian ginseng. Ashwagandha can be loosely translated to mean the ‘strength of ten horses’. It can be used to treat a number of diseases, relieve stress and fatigue, helps heal injuries and may also be used as an aphrodisiac and can help prevent male infertility.
- Ashwagandha helps rejuvenate the body: This herb not only calms a person down, but also restores the balance of their body. Hence, it is also known as rayasana or a herb that rejuvenates. Ashwagandha stimulates the immune system and boosts the production of white blood cells thereby, elevating levels of antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. The effects of this herb on a person’s nervous system and endocrine system can also harmonise the body, mind and spirit.
- It increases positivity: Stress and anxiety can lead to negative thinking and ultimately to depression. By fighting stress Ashwagandha helps negate these problems and instead boosts positive thinking. It may also be used to treat depression itself.
- It helps regenerate nerve cells: Along with diseases such as asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema and gynaecological disorders, Ashwagandha can also be used to treat neuro-degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s. It helps regenerate nerve cells and dendrite growth and even improves communication between nerve cells. This stimulates the body’s ability to heal any damage to the nervous system.
- It enhances memory and treats insomnia: Ashwagandha is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies to treat insomnia. It not only helps you fall asleep faster but can also improve your sleep quality. A restful sleep increases a person’s ability to concentrate and prevents drowsiness through the day. Ashwagandha also increases the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. This has a direct effect on boosting memory and elevating brain functioning and intelligence. Ashwagandha also increases the production of nitric oxide that helps regulate blood flow and blood pressure thus elevating the brain’s oxygen levels.
- It boosts libido: Ashwagandha helps optimise the functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps deal with both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Similarly, this Ayurvedic herb also benefits the adrenal glands and thus influences the overall mental and physical health of a person. The functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands have a direct effect on a person’s sexual health and libido. Thus by enhancing the functioning of these glands, Ashwagandha improves sexual health and boosts libido. The nitric oxide produced by Ashwagandha also helps improve fertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Colorectal cancer is otherwise known as cancer of the colon or the rectum. This can affect both men and women with age being a major risk factor. Majority of such cancers are seen to occur after age of 50 years.
Type: Colorectal cancers can present as one of the following types:
Adenocarcinomas are the most common type of colorectal cancers. These cancers begin in the cells making mucous and other fluids. Certain colorectal cancers begin as adenomatous polyps (adenomas) that turn cancerous over a period of time. This is precisely why the adenomas are regarded as pre-cancerous or pre-malignant.
Gastrointestinal (GI) carcinoid tumors, GI stromal tumors, primary colorectal lymphoma, leiomyosarcoma, melanoma & squamous cell carcinoma are certain other colorectal cancers
Carcinoid tumors: start in specialized cells that produce hormones, in the intestine.
GI Stromal tumors: start in the interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC), in the wall of the colon.
Lymphomas: start typically in the lymph nodes but they may also start in colon or rectum.
Sarcomas: can start in the muscle and the connective tissue in the walls of the colon and rectum.
Gender: It affects both male and female populace.
Etiology: Mostly, the factors that are associated with increased risk of colorectal cancer include the following –
Age exceeding 50 years.
Racial & ethnic background such as African Americans, in the USA, are known to have the highest incidence of colorectal cancer, and mortality rates.
Low fibre and high fat diet. Excessive consumption of red meat (e.g. goat meat, beef, pork, lamb, or liver), processed meats, butter, refined grains, sweets, sugary drinks etc all can increase the risk of colorectal cancer.
Personal history of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) (e.g. ulcerative colitis), Crohn’s disease, adenomatous colorectal polyps, colorectal cancer etc all.
Family history of colorectal cancer or adenomatous polyps etc all.
Inherited syndromes such as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) and Lynch syndrome (hereditary non-polyposis colon cancer or HNPCC).
Sedentary lifestyle/ associated Obesity.
Tobacco and alcohol abuse.
Features or symptoms can vary from person to person depending on the size and location of the tumour. Following are the signs & symptoms mainly -
Changes in bowel habits, diarrhea or constipation or an alternating diarrhea and constipation.
Occult/ blood in the stool, and
Problems related to blood loss (e.g. anemia, weakness, fatigue, intolerance to exercise, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, chest pain etc all),
Abdominal discomfort (frequent gas/ flatulence, bloating, fullness, cramps, and pain), vomiting etc.
Unexplained weight loss,
Pain with bowel movement,
Feeling that bowel does not empty completely,
Stools are narrower than usual.
- Diagnosis: Following are the diagnostics employed. Abnormal blood test results may be indicative of malignancy, but a follow-up imaging/ biopsy is always the gold standard for accurate diagnosis.
- Blood: fecal occult blood test, Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) assay values are raised, Hb/ RBC counts may be low.
- Imaging: Colonoscopy, Endorectal Scan/ CT Scan followed by Biopsy clinches the diagnosis and the nature of the disease.
- Apart from the above-mentioned barium enema X-Ray, USG, Chest X-ray, PET CT scan etc all help detect metastasis, if any. An increase in level of the serum tumor marker ‘CEA’ is indicative of metastatic spread/ proliferation that can be ascertained through a PET CT scan.
- Treatment: Conventional treatment includes surgery, radiation and chemotherapy as contextually appropriate. Simultaneously, an adjunctive/ integrative naturopathic treatment with suitable complementary & alternative medicines (CAM)/ therapies too can help improve clinical outcomes and facilitate recovery as feasible contextually.
Prognosis: Preventive measures, earlier diagnosis and right early treatment is key for better prognosis and efficient/ effective therapeutic management. Usually, the chances of cure for an early stage cancer are more. Above-mentioned apart, recovery chances are influenced by the grade, stage of cancer, recurrence and the patient’s general health & vitality etc all too.
Prevention: Rightly said, prevention is always a better choice. Although genetic risks are difficult to modify, still an adherence to a Mediterranean diet, maintaining an ideal body weight and an active lifestyle with due emphasis on regular exercising (for at least 30 minutes daily), de-stressing and relaxation is highly recommended for prevention or reducing the risks of colorectal cancer. A healthy eating plate comprises essentially a low fat diet, fibre rich foods including whole grain cereals, green leafy vegetables cooked using healthy vegetable oils, fresh fruits of all colours as seasonally available and healthy proteins/ fats including fresh fish, poultry, beans, nuts etc all. It is advisable to limit milk/ dairy, preferably of low fat content, to 1 to 2 servings max daily. Although alcohol is optional and is not for everyone, the consumption of the same, if any, has to be strictly in moderation, and is best avoided. Smoking is to be avoided as well. Again, red meat, butter, refined grains, sweets, sugary drinks including carbonated beverages and other high calorie foods etc all, if any, are to be taken sparingly or are best avoided too. Apart from the generic preventive measures as mentioned above, certain pre-malignant conditions, of which adenomas are the most common, can be successfully treated with complementary and alternative medicines too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Minimal invasive spine surgery possesses numerous benefits over the traditional spine surgery that includes :
- small surgery scar
- less blood loss during the surgery
- quick recovery
- quicker return to work and normal activities
- less postoperative pain
- shorter hospital stay
These are the xray of a patient with l4l5 grade 1 listhesis operated by minimal invasive tlif.
Infertility is a bigger issue than it was a couple of decades ago, and it is only going to get worse. The decreasing sperm count and quality are the main contributors for infertility. This has happened due to the changing lifestyle with lack of physical activity, increased stress, relationship issues, a greater amount of pollutants, and digital exposure. These are some of the common issues, and each couple presents a unique case.
There is, however, good news in that there are simple, effective ways to improve sperm count and density, which in turn can help cure infertility.
Smoking: Nicotine harms the body in multiple ways and lowering sperm count is one of the significant ones. For most men going to infertility clinics, stopping smoking is one of the first prescribed remedies. It helps sex drive, boosts sperm count, improves performance, and leaves the couple happy.
Reduce Chemical Exposure: There are plastics all around us. These plastics contain BPA and phthalates which have been shown to reduce sperm count. Plastics have entered all areas of life in the last 40 to 50 years, and it is during the same time that sperm count has reduced by (hold your breath) 50%!!!
Reduce Plastic Use: Reduce plastic use in all forms – from sex toys to plastic food storage to water containers. Chemicals also need to be reduced in terms of eating foods where pesticides would be used. Another source of chemicals is the shampoos, soaps, deodorants, cosmetics, and other toiletries. Try organic products as much as possible. These have an adverse effect on the sperm count.
Water: Avoid chlorine exposure – be it in tap water, bleach or other products. Hydrogen peroxide is a safer option.
Diet: Reduce caffeine intake. Avoid grilled foods. Increase fresh fruits and vegetable intake. Eat whole grains. Avoid canned and packaged foods. Avoid processed and half-cooked foods. Reduce refined carbohydrates. If required, talk to a doctor and get vitamin C and zinc supplements. These are essential for the formation of testosterone hormone and can play a role in improving sperm count.
Exercise: A regular exercise of about 30 minutes daily is highly beneficial in improving overall circulation and increasing sperm count. A word of caution, though – over-exercise can lead to reduced sperm counts and infertility in males.
Stress Management: Another major reason for infertility, reduced sex drive, reduced sperm count, and poor sexual performance is stress. Be it exercise or music, meditation or cooking, identify what works to keep you calm and do it.
Check your Medical Kit: There could be some medicines which may be helping you curing one disease but could be leading to infertility. Talk to a doctor and if there is a culprit, switch to a safer drug.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
Burning fat with food must sound contradictory, but there are certain foods that can actually melt away your fats by improving your metabolism. Some foods have an extensive thermogenic effect (metabolism increasing effects) that can lead to the reduction of fat in your body. Read on to find out five such super foods and burn your fat away.
- Tuna: Tuna is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and it also helps boost the production of a hormone called leptin. This particular hormone gives the illusion of fullness and you don't end up having large portions. It also accelerates your metabolic process. Apart from tuna, sardines too have the same properties.
- Green tea: The benefits of green tea are widely known. It has 'epigallocatechin' which improves the nervous system and elevates the heart rate. Drinking three cups of green tea daily has proven to burn up to 80 calories.
- Hot peppers: Different kinds of hot peppers not only spice up your food but they also melt calories. Capsaicin, a chemical present in peppers can increase metabolism rate by 25% for up to three hours after you consume your meal.
- Grapefruit: This delicious fruit has the amazing power to make you slim. Grapefruit has an antioxidant called 'naringenin' which can aid your body in its use of insulin more effectively, thereby keeping the blood sugar level under control and prevent diabetes. Recent studies have shown that sugar control coupled with grapefruits lead to improved calorie burn.
- Cinnamon: Studies have shown that including cinnamon into your daily diet can help you lose weight. A teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder added to a cup of boiling water can also help you lose weight and lower your risk of heart disease. Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels along with bad cholesterol levels (LDL) while having no effect on the good cholesterol (HDL). Hence, it's beneficial for both heart and type 2 diabetes patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
With obesity on the rise, more and more young people are looking at measures for weight loss. Ayurveda, with its safe and natural system can be a lofe saver. It believes that obesity is a result of excessive Kapha, and weight loss measures should be aimed at reducing kapha. Reduce foods that are sweet, sour or salty. Increase foods that are bitter and pungent and promote digestion.
The following are some effective ways of losing weight, a combination of natural herbs, dietary habits, and lifestyle changes.
- Guggul or commiphora resin is a very effective fat burner that is used in correcting lipid disorders and treating obesity. It helps by correcting total cholesterol levels, lowering LDL (the bad cholesterol), and increasing HDL (the good cholesterol) levels.
- Garcinia cambogia, or vriksh amla, is a form of gooseberry that is used widely for weight loss. It affects the fat synthesis, fat accumulation, and reduces visceral fat deposition.
- Salacia or Kotahla is another popular herb known for reducing fat accumulation. It suppresses the growth of adipose tissue and is particularly useful in people who are insulin resistant.
- Kalonji seeds, or Nigella, is also useful in improving waist-hip ratios and reducing body-mass index.
- Liquorice is rich in flavonoids which are rich in antioxidants. This has been proven to be useful in preventing accumulation of abdominal fat and reducing triglycerides.
- Warm lime water everyday in the morning will help boost the digestive system and promotes in weight loss. Honey can be added if required.
- Three meals a day is advisable with no snacking in between or healthy snacking if not manageable. The meals should consist of balanced, healthy foods with no oils, lots of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat vegetables and fruits that are seasonal, as they have seasonal benefits, are free of chemicals, and easily available. Melons are plentiful in summers while are adequately hydrating, the nuts and roots during winters provide protection from the cold. It is good to have breakfast and lunch as heavier meals compared to dinner, which should be the smallest.
- Starting your day with a round of exercise is considered ideal for a variety of reasons and also for weight loss. Do a mild walk for about 10 minutes after each meal to promote digestion.
- Adhere to a regular sleep pattern. The hormones and digestive enzymes have a natural cycle and help in managing weight.
- Whether meditation or music, exercise or aerobics, find a way to control and manage stress. It is one of the main causes of weight gain.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
Adverse respiratory events (AREs) are leading causes of post-operative morbidity and mortality. Anesthesia is the use of medicine to prevent or reduce the feeling of pain or sensation during surgery or other painful procedures (such as getting stitches). Giving as an injection or through inhaled gases or vapours, different types of anesthesia affect the nervous system in various ways by blocking nerve impulses and, therefore, pain.
Anesthesia can help control your breathing, blood pressure, blood flow, and heart rate. It may be used to:
- Relax you,
- Block pain,
- Make you sleepy or forgetful,
- Make you unconscious for your surgery.
Adverse Respiratory Events (ARE)
Adverse outcomes of such events are fatal and lead to Death & Brain Damage. Three mechanisms of injury are reported to account for highest adverse respiratory events:
Inadequate Ventilation: Insufficient Gas Exchange can produce the adverse outcome. Esophageal Intubation: Incubation between the two sides of the esophagus inadvertently.
Difficult tracheal intubation: Tracheal Intubation is the placement of a flexible plastic tube into the trachea (windpipe) to maintain an open airway. It is performed facilitate ventilation of lungs in severely ill, anesthetized patients.
Other’s are as listed below:
- Airway Obstruction
- Inadequate inspired oxygen delivery
- Endobronchial Intubation
- Premature Extubation
Residual neuromuscular blockade is an important postoperative complication associated to the use of neuromuscular blocking drugs and is commonly observed in the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) after non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBAs) are administered intra-operatively. Incomplete neuromuscular recovery can be minimized with acceleromyography monitoring. The risk of adverse respiratory events during early recovery from anesthesia can be reduced by intra-operative acceleromyography use.
Reintubation is a serious adverse respiratory event and the consequences include increased cardiac and respiratory complications, prolonged length of stay at the PACU, intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital, prolonged mechanical ventilator support, higher costs, and increased mortality. Overweight and obesity have also been identified as risk factors for postoperative respiratory complications. Most adverse respiratory events are considered preventable with improved monitoring such as:
- Pulse Oximetry
- Combination of Both
Closed observation of the clinical factors and appropriate monitoring by well trained people are factors necessary to prevent adverse outcome. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
Are you tired all the time, you eat, sleep and repeat, if yes then read on
Did you know that the human brain uses about 20 to 30% of a person's daily energy intake. That's why people who don't consume enough calories in their diet are more likely to experience lower motivation levels and mental alertness.
With the demands of today’s hectic lifestyles combined with too few hours of quality sleep and poor eating habits, it’s no wonder many people complain of fatigue and low energy. Nutritional deficiencies are also associated with fatigue.
Just like the car needs the right type of fuel; Don’t expect a standard car to run on diesel fuel. “Similarly the body uses energy-yielding carbohydrates, protein, and fat in very specific ways, consuming each in proportion to the other is essential to ensure sufficient energy to complete daily tasks, feel good, and to maintain an optimal state of health.”
Just as undereating can lead to fatigue, overeating puts the body in overdrive, channeling tremendous amounts of energy to digest and absorb the large amounts of food consumed.
How can a person feel refreshed after eating too much? It’s only natural to want to curl up and nap after a big meal; the resulting insulin overproduction can leave too little sugar available for immediate energy, resulting in lethargy.
Unfortunately, just as eating too much can lead to fatigue, fatigue can lead to eating too much, creating a vicious cycle of weight gain and decreased energy. Clients in this predicament must break the cycle by focusing on portion control, adequate sleep, and stress management.
Eat right to feel bright!
In this modern age, due to busy life style as well as sitting nature of job our physical activity has gone almost nil and mental activity has become prominent. Usually nobody has much time to go for yoga classes or gym. At the same time there is a gentle, low impact exercise that's easy, free and available to everyone and that is walking.
Walking strengthens your heart:
Walking is great cardio exercise. It reduces risk of heart stroke, bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterole.30 minutes daily walk maintains your blood pressure in normal range, high bp causes stroke.
Walk is a blessing for patients who have diabetic background in family. Daily walk reduces chances of diabetes by 80%. It keeps you away from these silent killer diseases as you never know when they attack you until visible symptoms are detected.
Decline in memory or impair thinking skills that makes person unable to do daily activities. Daily 30 mins walk avoid shrinkage of brain and preserve memory. Dementia affects 1 in 14 people at the age of 65 and 1 in 6 at the age of 80. Walking does wonders for such ageing problems.
Tone your body
Walking tones your body. It gives definition to calves, quads, hamstrings. It keeps your abs and waist in shape.
Walking is the perfect way to keep you active. Most of the population is suffering from deficiency of vitamin D. Be healthy and active and enjoy a walk with your friends or self.
Walking makes you happy
Walking makes you feel good. Daily walk boost up your mood, it is as effective as antidepressants in mild to moderate cases of depression. It releases feel good endorphins and reduces stress and anxiety. So for positive mental health, walking is absolutely must.
Diabetes often referred as diabetes mellitus is a metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar) either because insulin production is inadequate or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. There are three types of diabetes:
1. Type 1 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin. People usually develop type 1 before their 40 th year often in early adulthood or teenage years. It is nearly 10% of total diabetes
2. Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin for proper function, approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes of this type
3. Gestational diabetes: This type affects females during pregnancy, uncontrolled or undiagnosed gestational diabetes can raise the risk of complications during child birth
बर्फ के ये 15 फायदे जानकर चौंक जाएंगे आप
1- कड़वी दवाई खाने से पहले मुंह में बर्फ का टुकड़ा रख लें, दवाई कड़वी ही नहीं लगेगी।
2- यदि आपने बहुत ज्यादा खा लिया है और खाना पच नहीं रहा, तो थोड़ा-सा बर्फ का टुकड़ा खा ले। खाना शीघ्र पच जाएगा।
3- यदि आपके पास मेकअप का भी समय नहीं है या आपकी त्वचा ढीली पड़ती जा रही है तो एक बर्फ का छोटा-सा टुकड़ा लेकर उसे किसी कपड़े में (हो सके तो मखमल का) लपेट चेहरे पर लगाइए। इससे आपके चेहरे की त्वचा टाइट होगी और यह टुकड़ा आपकी त्वचा में ऐसा निखार ला देगा जो और कहीं नहीं मिलेगा।
4- प्लास्टिक में बर्फ का टुकड़ा लपेटकर सिर पर रखने से सिरदर्द में राहत मिलती है।
5- यदि आपको शरीर में कहीं पर भी चोट लग गई है और खून निकल रहा है तो उस जगह बर्फ मसलने से खून बहना बंद हो जाता है।
6- कांटा चुभने पर बर्फ लगाकर उस हिस्से को सुन्न कर ले, कांटा या फांस आसानी से निकल जाएगा और दर्द भी नहीं होगा।
7- अंदरुनी यानी गुम चोट लगने पर बर्फ लगाने से खून नहीं जमता व दर्द भी कम होता है।
8- नाक से खून आने पर बर्फ को कपड़े में लेकर नाक के ऊपर चारों और रखें, थोड़ी देर में खून निकलना बंद हो जाएगा।
9- धीरे-धीरे बर्फ का टुकड़ा चूसने से उल्टी बंद हो जाती है।
10- पैरों की एड़ियों में बहुत ज्यादा तीखा दर्द हो तो बर्फ की क्यूब मलने से आराम मिलेगा।
11- आंखों के काले घेरे दूर करने के लिए खीरे के रस और गुलाब जल को मिलाकर बर्फ जमा लीजिए, फिर उस टुकड़े से काले घेरों पर मालिश करे, बहुत जल्द आपकी समस्या दूर होगी। और यदि ज्यादा देर मोबाइल या कंप्यूटर चलाने के बाद आपकी आंखें दर्द कर रही हैं तो बर्फ के टुकड़े को अपनी आंखों पर रखिए, जल्द ही राहत मिलेगी।
12- यदि आइब्रो बनवाते समय दर्द होता है तो एक बर्फ का टुकड़ा आइब्रो के चारों और घिस लीजिए, इससे यह हिस्सा थोड़ी देर के लिए सुन्न हो जाएगा और आपको दर्द भी नहीं होगा। यही तरीका शरीर के किसी और हिस्से पर भी लागू कर सकते हैं।
13- बर्फ का टुकड़ा गले के बाहर धीरे-धीरे मलने से गले की खराश ठीक हो जाती है।
14- जल जाने के तुरंत बाद बर्फ का टुकड़ा जले हुए स्थान पर लगाने से छाले और जलन शांत होती है। और निशान भी गहरा नही पड़ेगा।
15- इंजेक्शन लगने पर या पैर में मोच आने पर बर्फ मलने से दर्द, सूजन व खुजली कम होती है।
Living Smart with Red Rice!
Its high antioxidants and fibre content controls blood glucose levels, lowering bad cholesterol, fighting against free radicals.
Do follow for more interesting lifestyle tips, and natural healing remedies.
Book for Personalised consultations for close monitoring and betterment.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.
Tongue cleaning is an important part of our oral hygiene as well as a reason for bad breath. Use a tongue cleaner preferably a metal one to clean your tongue and prevent mouth odour.
Everyone wants to live happily in their lifetime but managing to live so is becoming a difficult task due to the stressful and uneventful life. But there are few rules could be followed with due principles and priorities of the facts in the life they are:
A. Breathing exercises to reduce stress and to lead a healthy life style
B. Physical activities like following stretching and strengthening exercises in stipulated time regularly to keep body fit as well as healthy
C. Atttempting newer experience like shopping trekking etc
D. Writing the experiences in the life like cultivating the habit of writing diary habits of every events
E. Listening music may reduces stress in mind and body
F. Moving or friendly with happy minded people
G. Avoiding drugs and alcohol
H. Cultivating regular habit of travelling every 3 or 6 months once with loved one's
I. Regular sleep pattern
J. Communicating in time of difficult periods with concerned rather having it in the mind for long time without any ego
New Study published in American journal of clinical Nutrition, proves that eating Whole grains like whole wheat, Oats, barley, brown rice is healthier over Refined grains products like wheat flour(refined), white rice and white bread ,for better digestion and immune response.
Most people dread the prospect of having to deal with diabetes. After all, having any disease is not a nice prospect, let alone a lifestyle disease such as diabetes. For many people who have it, a lifetime of pill taking at different parts of the day is a reality. But what if, other successful forms of treatment were found to be effective? Yes, there is good news for all diabetic patients. Ayurveda is one such line of medicine, which has been successfully treating diabetic patients for centuries.
A lot of the effort to treat a person who has diabetes by using Ayurvedic principles has to do with the kind of food regularly consumed. This should not really come as that much of a surprise as our overall health has a lot more to do with the food that is eaten by a person than is normally thought. While cinnamon is considered to be great to add flavour to food, Chinese cinnamon, also known as cassia, which is sourced from the bark of the cinnamon tree, is a good resource to treat diabetes with.
When it comes to food items that should be avoided by a person who has diabetes, rice tops the list. It is something that should not be consumed in large quantities at all. This is true in spite of it being a staple food in many countries and for many people. Apart from this, eating potato does not do any favours either; so consume them in limited quantities.
It is very important to quit smoking and stop consuming alcohol to a large extent, if a complete withdrawal is not possible. In addition to this, sufficient sleep on a nightly basis is also key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. A person with diabetes would do well to make it a habit to practice meditation in a consistent way. Practising yoga and going for regular walks are also highly recommended. As a matter of fact, the activity level of a person should be high throughout the day and not just peak at the time of exercise.
One of the main beliefs of Ayurveda is that an overall healthy state of body needs to be maintained. If the body is not in balance, this will cause various problems in different parts of the body. As long as there is discipline, with Ayurveda, diabetes can be easily beaten!