Hip Replacement Surgery
Minimally Invasive Hip Correction Procedure
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Minimally Invasive Knee Correction Procedure
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Scoliosis Correction Surgery
Treatment Of Meniscus Injury
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Column Traumatology Procedure
Treatment of Mckinzie Treatment For Spine
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Rf Neurotomy Procedure
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Treatment Of Lumbago
Custom Splinting Bracing Procedure
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Submit a review for Ashirwad Children & Surgical HospitalYour feedback matters!
The temporary inability to move one’s own limbs or speak is known as paralysis. Paralysis is triggered by problems with the body’s nervous system and affects the functioning of muscles all over the body. This condition can affect a single limb, the right or left side of the body, or the complete body. A paralytic attack is often caused by a stroke or damage in the nervous system. It can also be caused by exposure to radiation or toxins, autoimmune diseases, tumours and spinal cord trauma. Recovery from a paralytic attack depends on the causes and the extent of the injury that triggered it. With some types of paralysis, partial or even complete, recovery is possible.
Ayurveda is an alternative system of medicine that can be quite effective when it comes to treating paralysis. Ayurveda has negligible side effects and hence can be used to treat adults and children alike. This system of medication does not look only at the physical symptoms but also the mental and spiritual well-being of the patient as well. Some ways to treat paralysis with Ayurveda are as follows:
- Vata-pacifying diet: Eat light meals that are easily digestible and pick warm foods over cold food. Avoid barley, rye and millet and include plenty of vegetables like asparagus, beets, okra and carrots in your diet. Also avoid bitter and pungent flavours, but pick food that is sweet, sour or salty to balance the body’s vata.
- Ayurvedic massage: Warm herbal oils are sued for Ayurvedic massages. These oils and the action of massaging them into the skin have a number of health benefits associated with it, including the treatment of paralytic attacks. Some Ayurvedic massages that could be beneficial to paralysed patients are abhyanga Ayurvedic massages, padabhyanga and pizhichil.
- Medication: Along with lifestyle changes, Ayurvedic medication also plays a role in the treatment of paralysis. Some popular Ayurvedic remedies for paralysis are rasnadi quath, medicated castor oil, pippali mula, vatavidhwamsana rasa, chopcheeni churna, ashwagandha churna, brihat vatachintamani rasa, ashwagandha churna and rasaraja. While some of these medicines are to be taken orally, others may need to be administered through the nostrils as part of nasyam Ayurvedic treatments and others via an enema as part of sneha vasti. Drinking 20–40 ml of radish oil twice a day and a mixture of black pepper powder, sunti and honey is also said to be beneficial in treating paralysis. However, one must keep in mind that recovery from paralysis is very slow and hence patience is a must.
Are you an athlete looking for an effective remedy for sports injuries and accidents? You should opt for homeopathy for treating sports injury of several kinds. In case of athletes, injuries of acute and chronic forms are quite common, and homeopathy offers a completely natural treatment without any side effects on your body that may affect your performance. Homeopathy provides you effective and rapid healing, and promotes natural healing of your injuries. Using homeopathic medicines for treating your sports injuries at the right time allows you to stay away from undergoing surgeries, which are inevitable in the case of serious injuries that progress over time.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines that are beneficial for athletes who suffer from sports injuries of various forms:
- This is one of the most popular and common homeopathic medicines that is used for treating sports injuries.
- It is a part of all first aid kits at football grounds, at games of all levels.
- Arnica is very effective when taken immediately after an injury. It is a legal medicine that can be taken by athletes and players after being inflicted with an injury in the field.
- This medicine is ideal for dealing with bruising pain, that is a part of several sports and helps athletes in keeping fit for their upcoming events .
- Calcaera carbonica
- This homeopathic medicine derived from calcium carbonate is used in case of long standing injuries, in which weakness lasts for more than two weeks in an affected athlete.
- The medicine is effective for eliminating weakness and stiffness.
- Hypericum perforatum
- This homeopathic medicine is useful in case you get your nerves crushed on account of injuries, such as dropping a heavy barbell on your toe.
- In such cases, you should take Arnica first, and then take this medicine. It is beneficial for soothing nerve pain.
- Such pains are common when your spine is injured.
- Ledem palustre
- This is another effective homeopathic medicine for treating sports injuries in athletes.
- It is used for curing puncture wounds and insect bites.
- It is also used for treating a black eye and other injuries that are cold to touch. It is ideally used after taking Arnica first.
- Rhus toxidodendron
- This homeopathic medicine is important for treating ligament and tendon injuries that cause intense pain, stiffness, as also when a person experiences strains and sprains.
It is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting to take homeopathic medicines for treating sports injuries on your own. A doctor will be able to prescribe you the best medicines based on your condition and symptoms.
Actually my mom suffering from heels pain. When she walks continuously no pain is raise but when she rest for sometimes thn when she keep her legs on surface dat tym she has been feeling more pain in her heels so what she has to do to get rid of this problem?
While I was boarding a bus a person's elbow hit against my chest rib cage. Now I'm having pain at the affected area. I don't no whether it's fractured or not. But I'm having pain.
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It cxauses extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese.
I don't know what is happening to me my whole body is getting swollen my legs my hands my face I'm just everything can you please tell me something.
I'm27 years old I have back pain for past 3 years but for the last one week I have severe pain in back bone of my hip for example when you kicked by the needle in a bone means the pain felt like that. Is there any exercise or treatment if there.
I had an elbow fracture. Now to open the elbow joint doctor has advised me to exercise at home to open elbow joint. Approximately in how many days elbow joint Will open completely.
I am pursuing a shoulder pain problem after lifting a heavy weight in gym during chest workout, this becomes from 20 days.
Hi i am having Body pain Back pain Acidity Feel like vomiting Tiredness throat pain B12 and d3 was very less 2 years back on that time already taken injection.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.
Hi. Doctor, my father recently fall down in a bathroom so his wrist bone was broke down so suggest me what to do nd what type of treatment is better to quickly cure.
Im having cervical spondylosis. I am having medicine since last 1 mont the pain in neck is relif but I hav lot of swelling on my hands and lot of pain too. I am taking Ultracet semi. Pantop 40. Nucoxia Mr. Fepanil. please let me know the reason for swelling and pain on my back shoulder and hands.
No redness and pain is also little may be it's because frictional injury sir because I carry my baby he is 11 kgs do I need any treatment?
Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two different bones meet. A joint in the body functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints.
Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. When four or more joints are involved, the arthritis is referred to as polyarthritis. When two or three joints are involved, it is referred to as oligoarthritis. When only a single joint is involved, it is referred to as monoarthritis.
Cause of arthritis
It is difficult to narrow down a single cause for it, but a combination of reasons may trigger this disease.
- Injury: A hurtful injury can cause your joint to get inflamed and may also damage the tissue around it leading to arthritis.
- Heredity factors: In many cases, the genetic make-up of an individual can also cause this.
- Diet and nutrition: Sometimes, consuming the wrong diet can cause your joint to either fall weak or affect the tissue around it. For example, sugar-rich foods are not good for your joints
- Less cartilage: Cartilage is a firm but flexible connective tissue in your joints. It protects the joints by absorbing the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them. A reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue cause some forms of arthritis.
Symptoms of arthritis
Most common signs on the onset of this disease are stiffness, redness of the skin around a joint, pain due to inflammation, it might also affect your immune system causing a loss appetite if the disease is because of your immune system.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda can work wonders for this disease since a right combination of nourishing herbs and stable yoga postures improve your joint health for a longer time. Since the treatment is totally organic, the calcium absorption of your body is increased naturally without any side effects. Even Ayurvedic oils work well for joint pain and give you quick relief. If you have been to able to find the right treatment then Ayurveda is for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome is a type of condition that occurs when pressure builds up inside a muscle tissue in the body. Compartment syndrome usually occurs due to swelling or internal bleeding after an injury. The swelling should go away once the wound heals. However in some cases, if the swelling doesn't improve quickly, it leads to the accumulation of pressure. Let us have a look at the symptoms and the causes in depth.
Understanding Compartment Syndrome:
Compartment syndrome is not exactly a disease, but it hampers the flow of blood to and from the affected tissues. Groups of organs/muscles are organized into zones called compartments. During an injury, blood may start accumulating in these compartments, as a result of which the pressure inside the chamber rises restricting smooth blood flows. Severe tissue damage can result, with a loss of body function as well. Compartment syndrome can be fatal in some cases if not treated immediately. The common areas where this occurs are the legs, arms, and abdomen.
Compartment Syndrome Causes:
Compartment syndrome can occur immediately after an injury or they can happen when the treatment plan for the injury is under way. The biggest risk is that while some compartment syndrome takes days to form, few cases occur within hours. The acute form of the condition occurs when there is damage to the bone like a fracture to the hand and limbs. Other causes can include crush injuries, over-tight bandaging, burns and prolonged compression of an arm or leg. Blood clots also cause this condition in some cases, and so does strenuous physical exercises. A simple physical exam is used to diagnose compartment syndrome along with an X-Ray.
Compartment Syndrome Treatment:
Treatment for compartment syndrome works on the fundamental principle of reducing the pressure to the affected region. Dressings and casts that hamper the blood flow have to be removed immediately. Movement and bodily functions of the affected area have to be monitored vigorously. Surgery is one of the foolproof ways to ease the pressure. It is done by making long incisions into the skin underneath the affected area and releasing the pressure. The surgeries are done as minimally invasive procedures and can be clubbed together with the treatment plan the person is undergoing. In some cases, if the pressure is weak and not restricting the flow, then physical therapies can be undertaken. Medications can also help to an extent along with strength exercises.
With the advances made in medical science, doctors can identify potential compartment syndrome symptoms more quickly. Since these mostly occur when undergoing the treatment, the condition has a better chance of getting identified at its root. They can be avoided mostly with the experience of the physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Hi, I'm 28 years old and since 3 days I have body pains and sever pains near my joints. My nose and mouth are getting dry very fast inspite of having lot of water. I had mild fluctuating fever and liquid motions very frequent.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune disorder which causes abnormal swelling of the body joints due to a sudden attack to the joints by the immune system of the body. This disorder is fairly common in the body parts that are more frequently used such as the knees, fingers, shoulders, wrists, elbows and the hips. Although rare, this disorder can also affect the ligaments or the tendons along with kidney, lungs, eyes or the heart.
This disorder tends to be chronic. Although the exact cause of the disease is still unknown, the loss of immunity generally leads to the disorder. Thus people who are obese, regular smokers, or who have had a family history of this condition are the most vulnerable to this disorder.
The symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Severe pain in the joints.
- Severe pain coupled with high fever.
- Stiffening and inflammation of the joints, resulting in intense pain.
- Exhaustion, fatigue and sudden weight loss.
- The pain gets aggravated in cold weather conditions.
If rheumatoid arthritis is not treated immediately after diagnosis, it might cause further complications in the future such as lymphatic blood cancers, osteoporosis (a medical condition resulting in brittle and weak bones), blockage of the arteries and dry mouth syndrome (Xerostomia).
The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis includes:
- Prescribed dosage of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen, anti-rheumatoid drugs such as Methotrexate and steroidal drugs such as Prednisone help in reducing inflammation and pain. The dosage depends on the intensity of the condition.
- Performing regular exercises which will help you retain flexibility of the joints and subsequently cure rheumatoid arthritis.
- In extreme cases, the doctor might suggest surgeries such as:
- Synovectomy: A surgery that removes the damaged portion of the joint
- Joint fusion: This option will realign the joint and reduce the pain