Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Gestational Diabetes Management
Submit a review for Anas ClinicYour feedback matters!
Sir please send me a vegetarian diet chart for increase my weight naturally and fastly with any powder or tablets or supplements.
How to lose fat from hips and thighs
Dietary changes –
- Check the oil that you are using. Vegetable-based and olive oils are good for you. Cut down on ghee, butter, cheese, paneer and margarine.
- Limit your carb intake. Restrict yourself while eating potatoes, white rice, sago, pasta and other products made of refined flours.
- Use only skimmed milk and skimmed milk curd.
- Give up on all the fried foods until you get that shape. Nothing will come easily. Avoid fries, pakodas, samosa, fried momos, chips, and other fried snacks.
- Increase your fibre intake. Eat whole cereals, oats, broken wheat / daliya, brown rice, brown breads, fruits with skin and a lot of green veggies. If possible mix bran into your flour.
- If you are a non-vegetarian and enjoy fish, you will love this diet. Eat fish upto 4 times a week. Bake it, grill it but don’t fry it. You can have other lean meats up to 2 times in a week. And egg whites for breakfast are a good idea.
- 2 tsp of triphala churn, along with ginger water is excellent way to help you liver to break down fats speedily and effectively.
- Cut the intake of wheat. Extra carbs always end of on hips and thighs. Include other cereals like jowar, bajra, and mix these flours with horse gram flour and soya flour.
- Go very light with your dinners. A plate full of salad made out of veggies, sprouts, fruits along with soups will help. Fill in with a very small portion of brown rice or daliya. In short have a fiber and protein rich dinner and go low on carbs.
- Eat dinner around 7.30 pm and having a small walk after it will only add up to your goal.
- Consume as much of water as you can and eat different varieties of melons for better results.
How to lose fat from hips and thighs through exercise:
- Walking is the best exercise for your hips and thighs. Walking up to 4 km per day will make your goal appear closer and closer.
- If I ask you, “how to lose fat from hips and thighs”? you would probably answer cross trainer or the cycle at gym. Frankly you are not helping yourself if you are doing these to lose fat from hips and thighs. These exercises will only help you in tightening your muscles and then bulking them up.
- If you have been walking already, but don’t see much result, then you might need to increase the distance by a km and the intensity of walks from the 30th minute onwards. Also check your diet to ensure you are following the tips above.
- Lunges and squats will help you too. Remember to check your posture while you do these exercises. Wrong posture can cause pain.
- Running and jogging, hiking and trekking will help you too.
Thyroid and weight loss
Losing weight with hypothyroidism is a challenging task. All those with hypo thyroid and weight loss on their mind, go for a very low calorie diet which can further lower the body’s metabolism, worsening the problem. Hence the correct approach is needed.
Keep a check on your thyroid levels: remember the answer to your weight loss question is solving the reason for weight gain. If you have a thyroid problem and weight loss is your goal, you must keep a check on your thyroid levels. Take your medications regularly and keep your levels as close to the normal range as possible. And you will see your weight coming to normal. Check your thyroid levels every 3-4 months, or at least once in 6 months.
Increase your activity: lowered metabolism is the main hurdle for those struggling with thyroid and weight loss. Increasing the activity levels through exercise will help in increasing the metabolism. Increase your activity levels by including a 30-45 minutes exercise session, be it walking, yoga, tai chi, swimming, cycling or gymming. Take the stairs every time you have to climb up or down. Short medium paced walks after your meals will be beneficial too.
Increase your water and fibre intake:
Hypothyroidism can cause chronic constipation, water retention and edema. Increasing water and fibre intake will help in regularizing bowel movements. Increased water consumption will also help in flushing out your lymphatic system, further helping water retention problems.
Increase selenium intake: to supplement selenium in your diet, include bran, whole wheat, tuna, onions and tomatoes in your diet.
Increase iodine intake: increasing iodine intake will help in improving the thyroid functions. Eat iodized salt. If your doctor advises, go in for iodine supplements as well.
Increase your metabolism: the key for thyroid and weight loss is increasing your metabolism. Here are some tips on how you can do that.
i] Have 5-6 mini meals – Small and frequent meals helps in reducing the sugar spikes and balance the blood sugar level. This will help in avoiding hunger pangs. Small frequent meals help by keeping the digestive system on the go. It helps in burning more involuntary calories and prevents storage of fat.
ii] Green tea – Drinking green tea will increase the metabolic rate and your energy levels. Hypothyroidism makes you feel tired and fatigued all the time. Green tea will help in decreasing the stress levels and will give you the most needed energy kick.
iii] Warm water and lemon – A glass of warm water and lemon early in the morning and after your main meals will help you in keeping the metabolism rate up through out the day.
Thyroid and weight loss:-
Foods to eat: Include a lot of carrots, whole grain cereals, avocado, apricots, fish, asparagus, olive oil and sunflower seeds.
Foods to avoid: Eat less of broccoli, lima beans, cabbage, peanuts, sweet potato, mustard, kale, kohlrabi, linseed and soy products. These foods may interfere with iodine uptake in the body. Don’t cut these foods out completely, just keep these to a minimum.
Whether the excess weight comes from thyroid or other hormonal issues, the key to weight loss is to correct the underlying condition while monitoring your diet, eating the right things and avoiding what’s wrong and exercising. A healthy lifestyle since the very beginning is the solution to every weight related problem, including thyroid and weight loss.