Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Priyanka Mittal
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Priyanka MittalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Priyanka Mittal Reviews
Dr.B.Krishna M. Ramaraju
Dr. Priyanka Mittal is an expert in Nutrition Science and in Dietics Management which is specific patient oriented to suit the needs of each patient. I wish Priyanka the best.
Great experience with Priyanka. She is having good knowledge about nutrition and food. Very sweet in nature and best diet plans. She is very cooperative.
She is good. Awesome diet plans and effective with lotd of variety of foods...........
Dt. Priyanka Mittal Feeds
It is a universally known fact that milk is good for your health, unless you are lactose intolerant of course. But have you ever taken a close look at what milk really accomplishes for your body? Knowing about the medical advantages of consuming milk can also inspire you to include this nutritious item in your diet on a regular basis.
1. Astonishing Complexion
A glowing complexion is everyone's dream. And milk keeps your skin to stay supple, delicate and sparkling. This is because of the numerous vitamins and nutritional supplements it contains. Drinking about two glasses of milk every day can offer you this benefit in a wonderful way.
2. Solid Teeth
Milk is a powerhouse of calcium, and that is precisely what your teeth need. Milk also helps in avoiding depressions and tooth rot. Along with calcium, vitamin D is also extremely important for your body, so ensure that the milk you drink is laced with vitamin D.
3. Solid Bones
You already know that children need to drink milk regularly to build healthy bones and it's also good for their overall development. But grown-ups can also benefit by drinking milk to keep their bones solid, which will lessen the danger of osteoporosis. Once more, this advantage originates from the calcium found in milk, and also vitamin D which retains the calcium in the body.
4. Muscle Growth
Milk can enhance muscle development in a very effective way. This is because of the protein found in milk. Numerous athletes and health freaks drink milk after a workout, as it gives their body the vital supplements needed for recuperation. Milk also forestalls muscles soreness and recharges the liquids that are lost through physical exertion.
5. Weight reduction
Studies have demonstrated that ladies who drink milk daily will probably get in shape faster than ladies who don't drink milk. In case you're looking for a solid nibble or satisfying snack, drink a glass of milk. It's additionally prescribed that you take it with supper or while eating an organic product.
Researchers have also found that milk keeps various maladies at bay. It has the ability to lower hypertension and decrease the danger of strokes. Likewise, milk can diminish the creation of cholesterol by your liver and enhances visual perception. There are a few scientists who also believe that milk can reduce the danger of building up of certain types of malignancy.
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
Some foods that aid fat loss are:
1. Greek yoghurt: This type of yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over snacking.
2. Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
3. Chili peppers: They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
4. Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also help build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
6. Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
7. Non starchy vegetables: Non starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that help you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.
We often wander around spending huge amounts to look for solutions to our health problems. We seldom realize that we can find them in our own house in the simplest forms. Apple Cider Vinegar is one such ingredient that can be your rescuer from some of the most common and persistent health issues that we face today:
1. Keeps blood sugar in control:
Studies show that people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and do not consume insulin can have lower glucose levels in the morning if they take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. Some studies also reveal that consumption of a mixture of this vinegar and water before having a carbohydrate-rich meal can lower sugar levels.
2. Helps in weight loss:
The acetic acid present in the apple cider vinegar controls the appetite and in turn increases the metabolism of your body. Studies also state that the vinegar reacts with the body's process of digesting starch which ensures that not much calories enter the bloodstream.
3. Relieves you from a blocked nose:
The potassium content in the vinegar helps to thin the mucus and the acetic acid in it kills the bacteria which cause the blockage. Consuming one teaspoon of the vinegar in a glass of water can be your way out from the sinus drainage.
4. Whitens Teeth:
Apple cider vinegar would do the magic to you if you are having yellow and stained teeth. Before you brush your teeth, all you have to do is gargle your mouth with the vinegar. It helps kill the germs in your mouth and also banishes the stains on the teeth thus making them look whiter.
5. Helps fight dandruff:
The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar makes it a tough for the yeast causing dandruff to grow. Mix; cup of the vinegar in equal quantity of water and spray it on the scalp. Wrap a wet towel onto your head and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off your hair.
6. Reduces Cholesterol:
It is believed that Apple Cider Vinegar contains acetic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol. Although most researches are carried out on rats and cannot be completely reliable when it comes to humans, certain Japanese study show that half an ounce of this vinegar each day resulted in lower cholesterol levels in people.
All in all, apple cider vinegar may not prove to be a complete cure to your health problems, but like they say, precaution is better than cure. And when have ever any home remedies caused one any harm?
Salad is no longer considered a poor man's diet. Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Say yes to salads and its benefits will leave you with a mouth open awe. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and savour in the palatable powerhouse of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification; and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lectucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid in the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries: Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you. Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
To increase food production to match the growing population, chemicals are used to accelerate the amount of produce obtained from the land. However, the chemicals soon show their harmful effects. Though used in very minor quantities, over a period of time, their cumulative effect has detrimental effects on the consumers. Especially in homes with children, the aged, and the health conscious people, the concern about the harmful effects of conventional foods has grown quite a bit over time. So that is where the concept of organic foods gained momentum.
Organic foods are produced by using approved techniques, promoting recycling of resources, which are not harmful to the environment and preserve biodiversity. These are foods which are grown without the use of chemicals - be it synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, hormones, or prophylactic antibiotics.
There are permissible levels of chemicals defined by food agencies whose limits when exceeded can cause harmful effects with prolonged use - such as, birth defects, respiratory problems, reproductive issue, etc. So the question you need to ask is - if pesticides are used to kill insects, can the same do any good to the human body? Also, you must consider the quantity and if it is within the permitted limits.
Organic foods have been proven to be more beneficial relatively, since they are more nutritious, reduce allergies, digestive infections, reduce the risk of cancer, etc. However, bear a word of caution in mind. There are no long-term studies to prove this aspect.
Also, be advised not to overdo on the 'organic' part. A lot of time, there are organic junk foods available also. And then there are the organic foods which are produced in one part of the world, and are shipped over long distances. Do they really retain their nutrients and benefits over this duration? That needs to be answered.
Another thing to consider is the cost effectiveness of buying organic products. Because they take their natural cycle time to grow, the growth rate is slower and therefore they are expensive. Affordability becomes a question again, and you may think if such foods can be conveniently purchased by all?
The trick is to use locally grown, seasonal fruits which are easily available and grown without using much chemicals. You can be assured of their freshness and the reduced use of chemicals in this case.
Use organic for sure, but please be careful not to fall for it all the time with all the products.
The name 'fast food' comes from the fact that it can be prepared and served in a jiffy and not to mention, tastes delicious. Don't be fooled by the smell and the taste, they have such little to no nutritional value that they can hardly be called food. They are rich in calories, fat and sugar that lead to various kinds of health conditions. Popular junk foods include gums, sweets, carbonated drinks, desserts, dried foods; you probably love them now but after knowing their effects on your health you might want to eliminate them from your diet. Here are some of the conditions which can be caused by consumption of excessive fast food:
Fast food contains high amounts of trans or saturated fats that can clog your arteries and lead to high level of cholesterol later in life. People who have junk food more than four times a week increase their risk of dying by 80%.
Adolescents who have poor eating habits are at high risk of being obese. Gaining a lot of weight beyond a recommended proportion can cause many health problems. Junk foods have sugar and calories that lead to weight gain. It has also been noticed that people who are prone to eating more fast foods are less likely to consume fruits and vegetables and this further weakens their immune system.
Peptic ulcer is a disease that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract; it is acidic in nature and cause extreme stomach ache. Spicy oily and salted food combined with stress and alcohol can lead to this condition.
Busy work schedule prevents many people from cooking at home and they take resort in fast food but it is advisable not to let work get in the way of your health. Consuming regular fast food coupled with poor lifestyle and lack of exercise leads to obesity which in turn causes type 2 diabetes.
Cut down on junk foods and incorporate fruits and vegetables and also make time to include a daily exercise routine to maintain a healthy lifestyle.