Zona 0.25 MG Tablet
Zona 0.25 MG Tablet is used to prevent as well as treat seizures. This medicine is referred to as an antiepileptic. Also known as anti-convulsant, Clonazepam helps to control panic attacks. The medication falls under a category of drugs known as benzodiazepines and works by calming the nerves and the brain.
Alone or as an adjunct, it is used in the treatment of petit mal variant, akinetic, myoclonic seizures, petit mal (absence) seizures which are unresponsive to succimides. It is also used to treat panic disorders with or without agoraphobia.
Clonazepam works like a tranquilizer. It impedes synaptic transmission. The medicine reduces serotonin usage and is able to treat anxiety and seizures. The dosage of Clonazepam will be prescribed by the doctor depending on your condition, how your response has been to the treatment so far, and also your age. When it comes to children, age is a determining factor.
To avoid any kind of complications of side effects in the first place, a lower dosage is suggested for adults. The side effects of this medication vary from one patient to another and it is suggested that you consult with a neurologist before deciding to use this medication.
Treatment for benzodiazepine overdose is supportive. Rarely is mechanical ventilation required. Flumazenil has been shown to selectively block the binding of benzodiazepines to CNS receptors, resulting in a reversal of benzodiazepine-induced CNS depression, but not respiratory depression.
Take exactly as directed (do not increase dose or frequency); may cause physical and/or psychological dependence. While using this medication, do not use alcohol and other prescription or OTC medications (especially pain medications, sedatives, antihistamines, or hypnotics) without consulting prescriber.
How long is the duration of effect?
The effects of Clonazepam lasts for about six to eight hours for adult patients and for twelve hours in children as well as infants.
What is the onset of action?
The effects of clonazepam start to show up in about thirty to forty minutes.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?
Unless advised by your healthcare provider or deemed necessary by him/her usage of clonazepam is not recommended during pregnancy as it holds the potential to bring harm to the fetus.
Is it habit forming?
In many patient cases it was found that as a result of prolonged usage certain habit-forming inclinations were found.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?
Clonazepam is not recommended for women who are lactating as the effects might pass on to the child via the milk. But it is always advised that you seek doctor’s permission before deciding to be on this medication therapy.
Is It safe with alcohol?
While taking Clonazepam consumption of alcohol is strictly not advised.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?
Engaging in activities that require high mental alertness is not recommended while on this medication as Clonazepam might cause side effects such as sleepiness, confusion, dizziness and muscle pains. Therefore, you should not drive while on this drug therapy.
Does this affect kidney function?
If you are suffering from kidney-related disorders, it is suggested that you notify your doctor so that the dose is adjusted accordingly. It has been found that lowered kidney functioning leads to the build-up of Clonazepam within the body.
Does this affect liver function?
Clonazepam should not be had when suffering from any kind of severe liver conditions.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Zona 0.25 MG Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Are there any missed dose instructions?
On missing a dose, it is recommended that you take the medication as soon as you remember it. However, if you are already in time for the next dose, then skip the earlier one.
Are there any overdose instructions?
If you happen to overdose you are likely to experience symptoms such as confusion, drowsiness and fainting.
This medication works by inhibiting the synaptic transmission that occurs in the central nervous system. The medicine also reduces the use of serotonin by neurons and is used to treat seizures and anxiety.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Medicine
- The drug should not be used in combination with Atenolol and Codeine. Carbamazepine, rifampin, rifabutin may enhance the metabolism of clonazepam and decrease its therapeutic effect; consider using an alternative sedative/hypnotic agent.
- Cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, clozapine, CNS depressants, diltiazem, disulfiram, digoxin, erythromycin, ethanol, fluconazole, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, grapefruit juice, isoniazid, itraconazole, ketoconazole, labetalol, levodopa, loxapine, metoprolol, metronidazole, miconazole, nefazodone, omeprazole, phenytoin, rifabutin, rifampin, troleandomycin, verapamil may increase the serum level and/or toxicity of clonazepam; monitor for altered benzodiazepine response.
Interaction with Food
Interaction with Disease
- Use with caution in elderly or debilitated patients, patients with hepatic disease (including alcoholics), or renal impairment. Use with caution in patients with respiratory disease or impaired gag reflex or ability to protect the airway from secretions (salivation may be increased). Worsening of seizures may occur when added to patients with multiple seizure types. Concurrent use with valproic acid may result in absence status. Monitoring of CBC and liver function tests has been recommended during prolonged therapy.
- Use caution in patients with depression, particularly if suicidal risk may be present. Use with caution in patients with a history of drug dependence. Benzodiazepines have been associated with dependence and acute withdrawal symptoms, including seizures, on discontinuation or reduction in dose. Acute withdrawal, including seizures, may be precipitated in patients after administration of flumazenil to patients receiving long-term benzodiazepine therapy.
- Benzodiazepines have been associated with anterograde amnesia. Paradoxical reactions, including hyperactive or aggressive behavior, have been reported with benzodiazepines, particularly in adolescent/pediatric or psychiatric patients. Does not have analgesic, antidepressant, or antipsychotic properties.
Ques: Is Zona 0.25 MG Tablet a sleeping pill?
Ques: Can Zona 0.25 MG Tablet be taken for the longer-term?
Ques: On stopping Zona 0.25 MG Tablet what kind of withdrawal symptoms occur?
Ques: How can I look for early symptoms of suicidal thoughts and actions?
Ques: Does Zona 0.25 MG Tablet cause weight gain?
Ques: Can Zona 0.25 MG Tablet affect my memory?
Ques: Can Zona 0.25 MG Tablet be harmful if more than the recommended doses are used?
Ques: Can I take Zona 0.25 MG Tablet and zolpidem together?
Ques: Can Zona 0.25 MG Tablet and quetiapine be taken together?
Clonazepam-Drug Information Portal [Internet].druginfo.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 31 May 2022].Available from:https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/clonazepam
Clonazepam-DrugBank Online [Internet].go.drugbank.com 2022 [Cited 31 May 2022].Available from:https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB01068
CLONAZEPAM Tablet,solution-DailyMed [Internet].dailymed.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 31 May 2022].Available from:https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=CLONAZEPAM
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.