Here are 6 amazing black pepper benefits:
1. To prevent cancer: the piperine in black pepper can be credited with the prevention of cancer, and becomes twice as potent when combined with turmeric. The spice also has vitamin c, vitamin a, flavonoids, carotenes and other anti-oxidants that help remove harmful free radicals and protect the body from cancers and diseases. The best way to eat pepper to harness maximum benefits is to eat freshly ground pepper, and not cook it along with food.
2. Stimulates digestion: again, the piperine in black pepper eases digestion and stimulates the stomach, which then secretes more hydrochloric acid that helps to digest proteins in food. So a bit of pepper in food will actually help you to digest it faster.
3. Relieves cold and cough: black pepper is antibacterial in nature, and therefore helps to cure cold and cough. A teaspoon of honey with freshly crushed pepper does the trick. It also helps to alleviate chest congestion, often caused due to pollution, flu, or a viral infection. You can add it to hot water and eucalyptus oil and take steam. And given that black pepper is rich in vitamin c, it also works as a good antibiotic.
4. Enables weight loss: black pepper is brilliant when it comes to extracting nutrients from food. And it's outermost layer contains phytonutrients, which helps to break down fat cells, and also increases metabolism. If you eat fresh pepper, and begin to perspire, that's the pepper helping your body to get rid of excess water and toxins. But you need to control consumption - a pinch with your food (one meal) is enough.
5. Improves skin: it enables blood circulation, and provides the skin with more oxygen. Adding it to your food also takes care of unwarranted skin wrinkles. Black pepper is known to help in the cure of vitiligo, a condition where the skin loses pigmentation, and creates white patches.
6. Addresses depression: the piperine in black pepper helps to deal with depression. It stimulates the brain, and helps it to function properly by making it more active.
3. Garlic: Better known for lowering cholesterol levels. Contains allistatin, allicin, garlicin and ajoine which are anti bacterial, anti viral, anti fungal and immune enhancing compounds.
4. Cinnamon: Contains abundant antioxidants. Anti viral, anti inflammatory, anti fungal and anti bacterial in nature, prevents platelet clumping, helps in better brain function. Rich dietary source of manganese which helps in regulating blood glucose levels and manage diabetes.
5. Black pepper: Contains good levels of vit-k and manganese. Contains piperine which helps in absorption of selenium, beta carotene and b-complex vitamins. Anti inflammatory and antioxidative in nature.
If your idea of the perfect weight loss meal is plain chicken or fish with a salad and brown rice, then you're missing out on some major ingredients shown by reams of research to help the body burn fat: herbs and spices.
Herbs and spices are the best way to add flavor to food for no extra calories, sugar, sodium, or other junk, which is critical to do when you're trying to lose weight. Research shows that if you don't like the taste of what you eat, you are much less likely to stick to any diet, no matter how disciplined you are. Herbs and spices add a significant amount of flavor to food and can turn, for example, that piece of plain chicken into a restaurant-worthy meal, thanks to just a little rosemary, paprika, sea salt, and ground pepper.
Many herbs and spices can actually boost your metabolism and help your body burn fat more quickly.
Here are 7 herbs and spices with science-backed powers to help you lose all the weight you want:
India is popular for its spicy food. The sheer number of whole and ground spices used in indian foods is sometimes intimidating. Each dish has its own combination of spices and its own unique flavor. The spices not just add flavor to your food but they also have many health benefits. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, many spices are good for your health. Some of the spices also improve your metabolic rate and help in losing weight. Here is a list of indian spices that help your body to burn more fat. So, spice up your dishes!
According to a recent study, cinnamon may boost your metabolism. This sweet, fragrant spice also regulates your blood pressure. It lowers level of total cholesterol, bad cholesterol, triglyceride and blood sugar in type 2 diabetes patients. Cinnamon increases the metabolism of glucose by around 20 times. This spice will help you lose weight faster.
How to use?
You can prepare cinnamon, honey and lemon drink- boil a pinch of cinnamon in a cup of water. Sieve and add a tablespoon of honey and squeeze some lemon into it.
The pungent, yellow spice is known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic and anti-fungal properties. It also helps you lose excess weight. The spice ups your body heat and this can result in improved metabolism.
How to use?
Use it in your curries, chicken and in milk to gain the health benefits of turmeric.
The spicy ginger regulates your blood sugar levels and helps prevent an increase in the level of glucose. Like turmeric, ginger has thermogenic or fat-burning properties. You can add it to your stir-fried vegetables or tea or chicken. It improves the taste and helps you in weight loss.
How to use?
Prepare a jeera ginger drink.
Boil a tsp of jeera and some crushed ginger in a glass of water. Boil till it starts reducing, sieve it and drink after 30mins of lunch and dinner to ease digestion.
3. Black pepper
Black pepper has a pungent flavor, thanks to the presence of the substance known as piperine and this substance also prevent new fat cell formation. The bioavailability of other foods is also increased by black pepper. It makes the food not only tasty but also healthy.
If you eat fresh pepper, and begins to perspire, that’s the pepper helping your body to get rid of excess water and toxins, but you need to control consumption, a pinch with your food (one meal) is enough.
How to use?
4. Black pepper tea.
Easy to prepare and the best way to consume black pepper for weight loss.
You can use ginger, lemon, honey, tulsi, cinnamon, or green tea bags to prepare the tea. Use 1/2-1 tsp freshly ground black pepper and drink it before breakfast.
Regular consumption will not only help you in losing weight but also improve your skin and prevent gut problems.
Do not consume too much as it may cause gastrointestinal problems, burning sensation in eyes, stomach irritation. If you feel uneasy, stop use of black pepper immediately.
Adding garlic to your diet will help you burn more fat and lose weight faster. Try to use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder or granules.
Here’s how it works
How to use?
These spices will help you to shed those extra kilos but you also need to change your lifestyle to a healthier one and should have a healthy diet.type diabetes