Well indomethacin have soo many side effects. Some serious side effect-heart attack, stroke,dizziness, some skin lession, shortness of breath. Some less serious side effects-nausea, vomiting,stomach pain, gastric upset, diarrhoea,headache, nervousness,rash, weight gain. Soo I think you should stop it. U must do homoeopathic treatment for your arthritis problem. Whatever your suffering from. Like rheumatoid arthritis, gouty arthritis, rheumatic arthritis, by proper homeopathic treatment it is curable. Indomethacin will only supress your pain will not cure your problem. Soo go for homoeopathic treatment. Soo you can contact me through Lybrate.
MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology, Diploma in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics, Cetificate Course In Thyroid Disorders Management (CCMTD)
Hello, Thanks for the query.
Indomethacin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug with very good action, but should be used with caution. Long term use is not very safe, as it may cause gastrointestinal bleeding, ulceration, may damage kidneys. It is better to use it for a short period of say few days. Thanks.
Hello lybrate-user, ayurved has very good results in such cases like you. If you start proper ayurvedic treatment & panchakarma. We can stop your pain as well fusion & other issues of spine in future. Daily stretching exercise is must for you. After analyzing detail reports I 'll guide you.
You follow this with homeopathic medicines 1. Don't Overeat
2. Don't take tea empty stomach. Eat something like a banana (if you are not diabetic) or any seasonal fruit or soaked almonds and a glass of water first thing in the morning (within 10 mins of waking up). No only biscuits or rusk will not do. 3. Take your breakfast every day. Don't skip it.
4. Have light meals every 2 hours (in addition to your breakfast, lunch n dinner) e.g. Nariyal paani, chaach, a handful of dry fruits, a handful of peanuts, any fresh n seasonal fruit, a cup of curd/milk etc
5. Finish your dinner at least 2 hours before going to sleep.
6. Maintain active life style. This is most important n non negotiable part
7. Avoid fast foods, spicy n fried foods, Carbonated beverages
8. Take a lot of green vegetables n fruit. 9. Drink lot of water.
10. Curd is good for u.
11. Everyday preferably sleep on same time
For more details you can consult me.
Diploma In Gastroenterology, Diploma In Dermatology, BHMS
Sitting all day loosens and weakens the muscles in the body, particularly those in the midsection and lower body. And without strong legs and glutes, our lower body becomes unable to hold us up when sitting down or keep us stable when walking and jumping.
Fellowship in Joint Replacement, Fellowship in Hand Surgery, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
What the doc has done is correct. Swelling is expected and will subside. You need to differentiate between the pain which was initially present usually on the sides of ankle at the time of injury and pain due to stiffness because your ankle was immobilized for 1 month. Well I would suggest you to wear an anklet when you r walking standing or working, remove while resting. Keep your foot elevated over pillows when you r resting. Surgery I don't think is required but if pain persists for more than 3months and is unbearable then it might be looked into after getting mri scan.