Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Dr. Gurmeet SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi sir Am Suresh. Sir. I want to increase my skin color, am looking dull shaded dark skin. In past I used skin lite cream bit whenever I exposed to sunlight it seems to too dark. Please sir I want to increase my color. Suggest me some methods to take care of face and whole body color. Thank you.
My daughter is one month old and she is suffering from loose motion. It almost once in gap of 3 hours. please suggest me how to treat this.
Sir I have no beard at full face but only on chin and my moustaches will grow very slowly sir please prescribe me some tablets ya treatment for moustaches and beard bcs sir I like beard and moustaches very much.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavity.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers of Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
I am 31 yrs old. Most of the time I am on field. I have to travel a lot almost 120km per day on bike. By the time I reaches home I am totally exhausted n feeling tired. How to remove this problem? Muscles of legs pain. Please advise me to remove all this problem.
Sir i am 22+. My weight is 42kg and height is 5'2. My weight is decrease day to day.I have in relationship. My body growth is also decrease. How can i improve my weight ?
My husband is addicted alcohol in last 4 years I am trying but there is no result. Some days back I see a add in a t. V channel de addiction killer product andsomebodysaid that t. V channel add my husband used the de addiction products and he don't drink this product use to get better result and it is good for health or not please give any suggestion i.
I'm 26 olde male. Muje pimple ke baad ke khadde Jo hote he uske liye much sala cahiye I need your help I'm really tride.
I am a 23 years old student. I am thin and looks like a teenage boy. My weight is just 62 kg. How can I get good body with good muscles? Please suggest me my daily diet to get good muscles.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
I am 28 years old. Please let me know how to delay menstrual cycle or how to make it earlier? I do not want it to happen for about 11 days due to marriage programs. Kindly suggest some remedy which does not have any side-effects. Thanks.
I am 45 years old. I am having diabetes. I am getting foot pain everyday. Why like that? Pain is like someone pinching with needle. Can I tell how to overcome it?
When my sister squeeze her nipple she get white fluid but when only while squeezing she gets. She got married 1 year before but she is not pregnant. Whats that discharge.
I am 29 years old male and I like work out due to this reason I want to make strong muscles thus let me know which supplement should I have or is there any ill-effect of these supplement.
I am having irregular periods from last 2 years. My ultrasound report is normal but doctor has advised me not to take sugar and potato intake in the food. What can be the reason for this? Please let me know.
I have stone in my both kidneys. Before 7 years. I got operation 5 years ago. But knw is same problem. I have stone in my both kidneys again. So what can I do. Please give me suggetion.
Brush twice a day, keep tooth problems away: brushing twice a day removes the tiny left out food particles from the mouth and keeps it fresher and cleaner.