Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini ChauhanYour feedback matters!
I am 24years old boy having weight 57kg. My trainer suggest to take nitric oxide supplement (NO) just before start exercise in gym. Can I take it or it is harmful for health. Suggest me please I do not want to take wrong things for body building.
Which scan is better for detecting brain disorders, PET scan or SPECT scan? Can you mention the key differences please.
I am 20 years old girl and my weight is 75. I am disturbed completely with my weight. Can you pls suggest me. How to reduce it.
Dear Doctor, do we have to keep our mind always relaxed and happy to avoid many diseases like heart problem, diabetes?
I am 21 years. My height is 170 cm. But my weight is only 48kg, I am lean. I eate normally but I can not increase my weight. What the food items to take my health good and increase my weight as faster or should I want to take any tablets.
Mare kuch bhi khaya piya nahi lagta jis karan mari sahat nahi ban pa rahee hai kuch upchar bataeyga.
Hello doctor my question is that I am having fat stomach and I can't able to eat more at night I eat only chapati but not rice and sometimes gas becomes in stomach so please help me what I should eat and what not? And even what are cautions and precautions?
Sir I am 20 years old. I am having fat body. My weight is 78kg and height is 168. I have more fat in my chest. Will it reduce. Can you give me any tips.
I am 33 years old and my weight is @88, what should be the diet and workout to loose as early as possible ?
Hello doctor my age is 28 height 5.6 but I am very thin so I want change my body weight please reply what to do?
Hey, my weight is very low, and i am not healthy, please help me, I want to increase my weight. Please Help.
Plums originally originated in the continent of Asia. They are the member of the plant Genus Prunus, which also consists of apricots, cherries, and almonds. One can’t go wrong in adding plums in their diet. Plums have the qualities of being low in calories and they also enable you to meet your daily dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber needs. Some other amazing benefits of plums are :
- Low in calorie content: Plums contain few calories as compared to its portion size, as they are low-energy foods containing 70 calories. There are just 70 calories in two plums of medium sizes. It has been suggested by CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Preventions) that when one includes more amounts of low-energy dense foods in their diet, it can help them to limit their total amount of calorie intake for controlling hunger and weight loss.
- Good source of fiber: Plums are very good source of fiber. 2 grams of fiber can be found in two medium sized plums. In average, adults need about 20 to 30 grams of fiber in a day, where most people consume only around 15 grams of fiber. The fiber content in foods can help control hunger. Fiber also helps to add bulk to our stool. It helps to mitigate and prevent constipation. Fiber also has the power to prevent the risks of heart diseases by absorbing cholesterol from our blood stream.
- Low glycemic index food: The calories in plum come from the carbohydrates in the form of sugar. In two medium sized plums, there is about 19 grams of carbs and about 16 grams of sugar. Although plums are high in sugar and carbohydrates, plums are low glycemic index food. The glycemic index helps to rank the foods that contain carbohydrate on how and by how much they affect blood sugar. Foods with a high glycemic index can cause a brisk rise in blood sugar. Whereas foods with low glycemic index cause a little bit of rising in blood sugar. And also people who eat too many of high glycemic index food has a high risk of diabetes and also heart disease according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Whereas eating low glycemic index foods helps to control diabetes and also helps in weight loss.
- Good source of vitamin A: Eating two medium sized plums can provide about eight percent of a person’s daily need of vitamin A or 400 international units. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, development and growth, immune health, reproduction, and bone health. Vitamin A is also known as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Good source of vitamin C: It is an important water-soluble vitamin. We need a minimum intake of vitamin C in order to make collagen which also helps in healing of wounds and plums are rich in this nutrient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.