Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Chauhan
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini ChauhanYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years old male having history & getting medicine for hypertension and diabetics, under control. Recently I have uti problems and during systoscopy amolodysis in urinary bladder have been detected. Kindly advise regarding treatment for amolodysis.
Don't feel like drinking water often in winter because it isn't warm enough? in winter, we do not sweat hence we do not feel thirsty like in summer, so automatically our water intake decreases. Water is important in keeping the body functioning properly, as well as flushing out toxins from the body.
Insufficient water intake may lead to:
Digestive problems like constipation.
Dry, itchy skin, acne: water keeps skin healthy, soft moisturized during the dry months of winter
Repeated urinary tract infections
Sneezing with dry cough
How much water should you take in winter
Men: 8-10 glasses/day
Women: 6-8 glasses/day
Lactating women: 8-12 glasses/day
Exercising men: 10-14 glasses/day
Exercising women: 8-12 glasses/day
Water requirements vary from person to person, depending on activity of the person.
How to increase water intake in winter?
Take clear soup before each meal. It will provide nutrition &amp; increase water intake of body.
Take herbal tea, it will increase taste buds indirectly water intake of body.
Natural fruit juices are another way to add to your daily water intake.
Drink one glass of water every two hours, strictly.
My Uncle is a boozer from past 10 years. In the recent days, his stomach is extremely bulged. His both foot also bulged. Even though he is consuming alcohol on the daily basis. His food intake is very less so he is becoming very weak day by day. Bumps on tongue forming regularly which causing fluctuations in intake of food. We have consulted MBBS doctor he conducted & checked the blood test and says that my uncle is suffering from jaundice with 6.5. He also referred a Gastroenterologist. I would like to know why he is infected with jaundice? How dangerous jaundice with 6.5 is?
I am 21 years old and my weight is 40 kg. I am too slim. What should I do to become healthy as early as possible?
I am 18 years old I am fatty guy It is safe to use fat burning pills? Is there any possibility of side effects on me? Can you suggest any safe and trusted pill for me If answer is no then there is any other options for fast fat burning.
A weight loss program is a marathon. While making up the mind to go for a weight loss program is the first step, there are other things to consider before plunging into the diet and exercise regime. Here is a list of 10 things to consider before a weight loss program--
- Not everything works for everyone- Just because a strict diet program helped someone to lose 5 pounds, doesn’t necessarily mean that it will work out for every single person. It is important to figure whether diet, exercise, workout or a combination of everything is required to lose weight.
- Make the environment conducive to match the goal- If the goal is to lose weight, it is essential to skip old habits. For instance, keeping a fruit bowl close by will refrain the thought of having a candy bar, skipping the idea of weekends parties for a while will help to stay away from few extra drinks, a leafy and salad rich lunch would help to stay away from the thought of fast food etc.
- The combination of exercise and diet is necessary- It is necessary to have a healthy mix of diet and exercise. This helps the body to lose weight fast while ensuring that the health is maintained at the same time.
- A plan comes handy- It is necessary to chalk out a plan to get into the weight loss program. For instance, 3 days of gym, 2 days of salad consumption for lunch, 3 days of walking after dinner etc. This will help to beat the monotony and keep the motivation going.
- Set a realistic goal- Losing too much weight in a short span of time is neither healthy nor realistic. It is, therefore, necessary to keep patience and work steadily towards the weight loss goal. An ideal time-frame could range from 3-6 months to attain the desired weight.
- Find the right reason- Since a lot will depend on the long-term discipline, it is, therefore, necessary to find the right reason to lose weight. Looking good or fitting into a skinny-jeans is not the right set of motivational factors to lose weight.
- It is necessary to have coping strategies- There should be a backup plan ready when a craving for chocolate, fast food or ice cream crops up. Healthy alternative such as custard, icy fruit salad, cool drinks can help to cope up with the craving face.
- A workout buddy can prove to be extremely beneficial- Since the process of losing weight is a lonely affair, it makes sense to find a workout buddy. This keeps the boredom of working out at bay and helps to get into a healthy competition.
- A food diary comes handy- While it is practically impossible to keep track all calorie consumption, a food diary will give a rough estimate of the calorie count consumed in a day. This will further help to design a diet for the week.
- Keeping many options open- It is not necessary to spend hours in the gym or only consume fruits to lose weight. Other alternatives such as cycling, swimming, adventure sport also help to lose weight. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a bariatrician.