Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Malaria
Treatment of Chickenpox
Treatment of Typhoid
Submit a review for Dr. A K AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I have fever over 3 days. This month I have fever 3 times and some time I fill unreleased. Some time o fill cold and some time warm.
About 85% of couples get pregnant within one year, but 1 in 7 couples take longer than a year to get pregnant. The good news is that you can improve your fertility in 7 simple steps in less than 4 weeks:
1. Control Your Weight
2. Timing of Intercourse
3. Improve HIS health
4. Test Your Fertility
5. Eat Healthy
6. Reduce Stress
1. Control Your Weight
Being under or overweight decreases your fertility, and maintaining an optimal weight improves your fertility. The best way to find out whether you weigh too much or not is to calculate your body mass index, the BMI.
Losing some pounds is cheaper than expensive fertility treatments , PLUS with a betterw eight you decrease major pregnancy complications and significantly improve your chances having a healthy baby. So why not try it first?
Timing of Intercourse in Relation to Ovulation
First of all do you know your fertile days? Do you ovulate? Do you hav e a regular menstrual cycle?
Your fertile days are the 5-6 days leading up to ovulation and the day of ovulation. Many couples don’t seem to realize that you need to make love regularly to improve your fertility. That means making love regularly throughout the menstrual cycles and more frequently, probably every 24-48 hours during your fertile days.
The egg can only be fertilized for about 24 hours after ovulation but sperm can live in the lower portion of a woman's reproductive tract up to five days. You can potentially increase your chances of conceiving by making love during the 2-3 days prior to ovulation.
Finding out when you ovulate is the key:
Create your own Fertility and Ovulation Calendar
Chart your basal body temperature (BBT)
Chart your fertility signs like symptoms and cervical mucus:
Use Ovulation predictor kits (OPKs)
3. Improve HIS Health and Get Him Tested
It takes two to get pregnant. Over 50% of infertile couples have a male issues. Which means that if he doesn't have enough sperms or his sperms are not healthy enough then your chances getting pregnant significantly decline. Do a sperm count and find out if his sperms are healthy and if he has enough of them. Follow these ten tips to improve his sperm count.
Get him checked for varicocele
Remove all toxins from his diet
Add a vitamin and herbal supplement to his diet
Make him lose weight if he is overweight
Keep the testes cool
4. Test Your Fertility at Home
There are several easy ways to quickly assess major aspects of your fertility at home.
Do a Basal Body Temperature Fertility Chart
Check your LH levels
Measure his sperms
Check your vaginal pH
5. Stay Away From Bad Stuff and Eat A Healthy Diet
Alcohol and smoking decrease fertility, make it less likely to get pregnant and increase pregnancy complications once you get pregnant.
Stop smoking. It is common knowledge that smoking is bad for your health, but studies have also shown that women who smoke are less fertile than those who do not. Also, women whose mothers smoked during their pregnancies are less likely to conceive.
Reduce alcohol intake. Drinking alcohol, even in moderation, can decrease fertility. The results of once study show a greater than 50% reduction in the probability of conception when the participants consumed alcohol.
You are what you eat and many doctors now believe a healthy diet PLUS supplements like folic acid can improve your fertility.
So what should you eat?
More monounsaturated fats (like olive oil) and less trans fats (like the kind found in many baked goods or fast foods).
Increase intake of vegetable protein (like soy), while reducing animal protein (like red meat).
More high fiber, low-glycemic foods — like whole grains, vegetables, and some fruits, while reducing the intake of refined carbohydrates and sugars.
Consume moderate amounts of high-fat dairy products — like ice cream, whole milk, and cheese.
No more caffeine. Studies have shown that women who drink excessive amounts of caffeine have delayed conception. In one study, women who drank more than one cup of coffee per day had a 50% reduction in fertility compared to those who did not consume coffee.
Take your vitamins. Especially vitamin E. Women trying to conceive should take a multivitamin or prenatal vitamin in addition to vitamin E. When couples were given vitamin E in one study, their fertility increased significantly.
Try herbal supplements. Herbs like Vitex (Vitamins AND Vitex are in FertilAid), have been used to successfully increase fertility.
The right diet can made a difference because the majority of women experiencing ovulatory dysfunction were also suffering from undiagnosed or sub clinical PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), a condition related to insulin resistance that also affects ovulation.
Check your current prescriptions. Some medications can interfere with fertility. Consult your doctor or pharmacist to see if your current medications could be hindering your chances of conception.
6. Reduce Stress
It’s rarely healthy to live with a lot of stress and the relationship between stress and infertility is less clear. But there are several studies showing that reducing stress may improve fertility.
What can you do to reduce Stress?
Get regular massages
Take long weekends off
Listen to music
Read and write journals
Spend more time with your family and friend
Hold hands with your partner
There are some studies done in women with fertility treatments which show that acupuncture can improve fertility. If after a thorough fertility work-up no specific reason for your infertility has been found, why not try acupuncture? There is little harm to use these methods and it can save you money getting pregnant.
Hi. Good evening doctor, my stomach has becoming bigger due to fat ,so how to keep it in natural shape, please Give me a suggestion, Thanks.
My haemoglobin, mcv, mch, haematocrit levels are low and rdw level is high. Do I have iron deficiency anemia. Also my eosinophils level is 1550/cumm. Do I also have hes. If yes what should I do to cure it.My total cholestrol level is 101mg/dl. Is this good or bad.
Hello doctor I am 30 year old man I have back pain and right leg swelling problem since ten days what should I do please tell me.
1.Am getting pain in near wrist joint during radial deviation. 2.During tension am getting pain in chest region. Can you please suggest a solution for my problems. Thank You.
I came in sexual contact with a person whom I do not know has Hiv or not. It happened 2 months back. Just to be sure I took a blood test after 2 months of having sex. The reports are negative. So my concern is should I take another blog test? What can I do to be 200% sure? I can not live with the tension of Hiv.
Hello I am a female. And 24 years old. I wanted to know that I am suffering form lots of diseases like gas problem, constipation, pain in stomach, joint pain, etc. I have also a potty problem like 2-3 days me 1 bar hi jati hu. please help.
I hv high cholesterol and triglycerides. I usually avoid oily and fried food. Kindly advise natural way to get rid of the above ailments.
Dear Doctor I'm a 19 years old guy and have many kinds of issues such as dandruff, pimples, constipation and gas forming in stomach. I tried my things but only controls for a few days. I'm feeling shame to say that I don't drink water too much neither like to eat vegetables. Please help me.
Why do I have a runny nose every morning when I wake up? my nose feels stuffy and I have to sneeze a lot.
Hi there, I just want to loose weight as I am 85 kgs n my height is 5' 11". What is the normal weight for me as per BMI. And I just need some tips to reduce my belly fat. From last week I hv started to take chapatis in my lunch n dinner. 2 in lunch n 2 in dinner. I have started to see some visible changes but its very slow. Please need some genuine advices. I also have started to walk almost 5 kms daily but in the evening time. Is that good or should I change the timing.
Epilepsy is a relatively common disorder. Most cases of epilepsy can be controlled with a combination of drug therapy and healthy lifestyle. In some cases, surgery may also be advised. Epilepsy affects not only the lifestyle of the patient but also that of their caregiver. Each person reacts to epilepsy in a different way and hence the type of care needed also varies from person to person. While some patients have few seizures and require care only when they're having a seizure others need round the clock care. Here are a few tips to keep in mind if a loved one suffers from epilepsy.
- Know what type of epilepsy he/she is dealing with: Not all epileptic seizures are the same. Find out what type of seizures your loved one suffers from and what are the possible triggers associated with Involve yourself in their lifestyle. Epilepsy should not be a reason for your loved one to lock themselves in a room to stay safe. Participate in activities with them of you feel the activity may be a safety risk if they were to have a seizure; for example - swimming.
- Notice seizure triggers: Often an epileptic patient may not remember the seizure after it has occurred. As their care giver, keep a seizure diary to track their seizures and its related triggers. Look for patterns in the triggers to their epilepsy attacks.
- Keep them safe during a seizure: When experiencing a seizure, the patient will lose consciousness, experience muscle convulsions and may grit his teeth. If the person is standing, hold them so that they do not fall. If they are lying down, try turning them onto their side. Do not put anything into their mouth.
- Take care of them after a seizure: After the seizure, people are most likely to be confused, tired and have a headache. Check for injuries and keep them calm till medical help arrives. Loosen clothing around their neck and ensure that there is nothing inhibiting their breathing.
- Medical identification: While someone who suffers from seizures often is likely to always have someone with them, others who have rare seizures may often venture out alone. In such cases, ensure that they always have medical identification on them. Also make sure that their friends, colleagues etc are aware of their medical condition.
- Help them maintain a healthy lifestyle: Staying active is essential for people with epilepsy. Avoid contact sports and pick low impact exercises like walking, running or swimming. Following a buddy system is essential when an epileptic person works out. If you wish to discuss on any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist and ask a free question.
I have type 1 diabetic. I am taking human Actrapid 3 times before meal (10, 8, 6 units) and Lantus 16 units at night. But still my sugar level is not controlled. Can I replace Actrapid with Mixtard 30/70 or 50/50 3 times daily (no Lantus also ).
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. They are healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, even in the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber,which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Here are 7 proven ways on how organic turmeric can improve your health and happiness. I'm sure that after reading this article you will start adding this miracle spice to your diet every day.
- Fights inflammation naturally: Chronic inflammation is believed to be the culprit of many of our modern diseases. Curcumin, or turmeric's active compound, is found to be a potent anti-inflammatory compound, which matches or even exceeds the effectiveness of many anti-inflammatory drugs available.
- Protects your brain: Cognitive disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer's are often linked to decreased levels of Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), which is a type of growth hormone. Researchers have found that curcumin positively influences the levels of BDNF and may delay or even reverse many brain diseases or age-related decline of our brain functions.
- Reduces the risk of several types of cancer: Organic Turmeric may be one of the most potent natural anti-cancer substances out there. Not only can it prevent cancer growth, but inhibits the development and spread as well and may even hold the natural cure for this dreadful disease.
- Improves digestion: Eating turmeric on a daily basis stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas, and prevents inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Protect your heart: Curcumin has shown to reduce LDL (or bad) cholesterol, prevent blood clotting, and remove plaque buildups in the arteries.
- Soothes symptoms of Arthritis: Although more research is needed in this field, many people report various improvements of their condition. It helps them fight chronic inflammation and reduces the pain too. Some even claim curcumin supplements work better than many OTC or prescribed drugs available on the market today. And without any side effects.
- Delays aging and improves longevity: Free radicals and inflammation are believed to play a major role in aging and curcumin affects both. And given that it also protects our heart and fights cancer, which are 2 of the biggest killers in today's world, it obviously benefits longevity too.
These benefits are only the tip of the iceberg of what organic turmeric can do for you. To improve overall health and happiness, add 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric to smoothies, juices, soups, curries, stir-fries, home made cultured sodas, and dressings on a daily basis.
Curcumin, which is turmeric most active and healing compound, is poorly absorbed by our body. Luckily there are a few ways to up the absorption by up to 2000 percent. Adding a pinch of black pepper is one of them.