Doctor in Jain Hospital
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Jain HospitalYour feedback matters!
Recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) is defined as a condition where the woman suffers three or more pregnancy losses consecutively and the miscarriages occur within 20 weeks from the last menstrual cycle of the women. This condition is fairly common in women. Some of the causes that may be responsible for this condition include genetic factors, uterine disorders, hypothyroidism, diabetes, anatomical or cervical conditions, endocrine-related disorders, auto-immune diseases, chronic endometritis, viral infection, ecological conditions, and antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS).
As part of the RPL diagnosis, the medical experts will conduct a transvaginal ultrasonography during the early stages of the pregnancy. If the woman is not pregnant, had had two to three pregnancy losses in the past, and is being evaluated for pregnancy loss, the doctors may deem it suitable to conduct parental chromosome testing (karyogram). Also, blood tests may also be carried out to determine blood sugar levels, thyroid-related problems, ovarian dysfunction, and thrombophilia.
Treatment For RPL-
When treating a woman for RPL, the doctors will need to determine the cause of this condition. In cases of congenital thrombophilia and antiphospholipid syndrome, the doctors could prescribe anticoagulants if the woman has suffered recurrent miscarriages. Several studies conducted in the past have shown that through a course of antibiotics, women suffering from chronic endometritis can enjoy a healthy pregnancy. In cases wherein the woman is found to have a karyotypic disorder, she is advised to undergo genetic counseling. During the sessions, the genetic specialist will have a discussion on the type of genetic disorder and the possibility of future pregnancies.
Some couples may also opt for prenatal genetic studies for analyzing the genetic makeup of the fetus. In this procedure, chorionic virus sampling and amniocentesis may be carried out. In cases of chromosomal conditions, when treatment is not available, the in vitro fertilization (IVF) with preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) procedure may be advised. As a part of this treatment, the woman is given shots over a period of some days for eggs to grow in her ovaries. Then, the eggs are obtained through a minor surgery and a sperm is injected into them to enable the embryos to grow. Thereafter, a single cell of the embryo is subjected to biopsy and the genetic disposition is examined. This helps to prevent the transfer of an afflicted embryo. In cases of uterine abnormality, the doctors may conduct a surgery as a part of the treatment.
In cases of thyroid-related issues or diabetes, medicines for treating the respective conditions are prescribed. However, if the patient has antiphospholipid syndrome, they are given drugs to prevent the development of blood clots.
The condition of women who has a history of recurrent pregnancy loss must be monitored closely. Even if they are given proper treatment, the chances of future pregnancy loss cannot be ruled out completely. After each pregnancy loss, the woman may suffer from psychological trauma and she may harbor doubts about her ability to conceive as well. In such cases, they require counseling for helping them in overcoming their grief. Also, recurrent miscarriages can result in the women suffering from coronary heart disease, cardiovascular problems, and ovarian cancer at a later stage. During their later pregnancies, they run the risk of having preeclampsia as well. Moreover, the mortality rates of such groups of women are high.
Unexplained RPL: In cases of unexplained RPL, there are no treatments available. The afflicted groups are given counseling. By doing so, there is around 50 to 60 percent probability of them delivering in their subsequent pregnancy. However, with each pregnancy loss, the woman’s chances of conceiving diminish. Aspirin is not known to be effective in preventing recurrent miscarriages in women. Also, immunotherapy does not meet the desired results. Currently, the drug NT100 is under scrutiny for improving the chances of conception in women with unexplained recurrent pregnancy losses.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
- Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
- Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one’s body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
- Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
- Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well, since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
- Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas – vata, pitta and kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration becomes sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is time to think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill effects of these snacks all around us. This is where snacks like fox nuts are gaining popularity. Grown in the wetlands of Asian countries, they are also known as phool makhana (because of their flowery appearance) and lotus seeds.
They are a great snack and have multiple benefits. Read on to know about this wonderful, economical, tasty, and healthy dish.
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content makes them very useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in the pregnant mother
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical, and has little hazards on your health, grab a bowl of fox nuts. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 52 yrs. After one year heavy bleeding. USG shows large hypoechoic fibroid 100x78 mm. TSH is 11.5, T3 and T4 are within range. Any medication without surgery?
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The physiological process of intercourse involves four stages excitement, plateau, orgasm and climax or resolution stage. Excitement is the first stage which, occurs with the physical or psychological stimuli to involve in sex. Plateau is the next stage which involves much of foreplay in which the partner involved is in physical arousal. Third stage is orgasm which involves the mating of the partners and actual act of sex and ends with the ejaculation of the semen. The last stage climax is the resting stage which most often delays for females and men achieve after the ejaculation of the semen. For those male with premature ejaculation the semen ejaculates too early with the initiation of the orgasm. They lack the control over the ejaculation of the semen.
Who is at risk?
Premature ejaculation is most common for those encountering psychological issues. Anxiety (performance anxiety) is the most common cause of premature ejaculation. Relationship issues, unresolved conflict and having sex for a limited number of times may also cause premature ejaculation.
Can it be treated?
Self-treatment: Males usually try self-treatment options like withdrawing themselves from their partner before the sense of ejaculation, slow thrusting or penetration force and purposeful masturbation before sex. Some may also try the use of extra condoms.
Sex therapy: Sex therapy involves doing exercise to improve the strength of the perineal muscle and increase the control over the ejaculation. This therapy involves Kegel’s exercise, stop – start technique this helps to desensitize the response of the men towards sex. This may also include squeeze technique, which involves squeezing at the tip of the penis near the shaft to hold the ejaculation manually by causing obstruction externally.
Psychoanalysis: Psychology states that men ejaculate too early because of the anxiety and over excitement. Many psychologist states that premature ejaculation can be treated with psychoanalysis, but this is much effective in all cases.
Medication: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are commonly used to increase the serotonin level that helps to delay the ejaculation. Antidepressant drugs or topical application of anesthetics like lidocaine are also used to treat premature ejaculation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Physical intimacy is a healthy sociobiological concept. It is a primary human need and we all are aware of it. However, it is linked to cultural norms, expectations and behaviour. In many societies, talking about sex is still a taboo and talking about sexual problems is simply out of question. Many people even in modern societies feel embarrassed to discuss their sexual behaviour, preferences or issues. The fact is that a sexual problem is just like any other normal issue requiring a medical and psychological intervention. Neglecting such issues not only impacts one’s health but also happiness and relationships.
- Sex problems can be experienced by both men and women. In men, inability to hold, premature or delayed ejaculation and impotence causes a lot of distress. In women, anxiety and fears impact negatively on their sexual behaviour. Apart from this, women may experience pain and discomfort during sex or a complete lack of desire for sex.
- Sexual abuse or an unpleasant sexual experience can deeply affect a person’s ability to view sexuality as healthy and positive. Such traumatic experiences affect a person’s desire for sex as well as his/ her ability to perform. Thus, emotions play a pivotal role in sexual behaviour and need to be addressed with a lot of sensitivity.
- Sex therapy is an intervention which deals with the sensitive issues surrounding sex problems through one to one counselling. The powerful sexual energy if not channelized well can cause a lot of personal and emotional problems. Thus, it is highly advisable to discuss the problem with someone knowledgeable, trustworthy and sensitive.
- Sex therapy is a right platform to express one’s issues pertaining to sexual dysfunction as it promises a highly professional and confidential service. The role of a sex therapist is to help individuals understand their problems from a different perspective and initiate interventions to remove their own barriers to achieving a happy and fulfilling sexual life.
The principle force behind this therapy is self help. Thus, partners are empowered to understand and deal with their own issues with the help of an expert who acts as a guide and facilitator. Many times, couples with sexual problems start drifting apart and losing feelings of love and intimacy. Such partners fight over no issues and are unable to deal with their growing intolerance and disconnect.
A sex therapist can look at relationship issues and help couples resolve some of their differences thus restoring a positive relationship, so vital for a healthy sexual life. Sex therapy is undoubtedly a safest and best way to discuss your difficulties, fears, anxieties, desires and even fantasies. Distressed over a sexual issue, seek help, check out a trained sex therapist in your area! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!