Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chauhan ClinicYour feedback matters!
Infertility is a bigger issue than it was a couple of decades ago, and it is only going to get worse. The decreasing sperm count and quality are the main contributors for infertility. This has happened due to the changing lifestyle with lack of physical activity, increased stress, relationship issues, a greater amount of pollutants, and digital exposure. These are some of the common issues, and each couple presents a unique case.
There is, however, good news in that there are simple, effective ways to improve sperm count and density, which in turn can help cure infertility.
Smoking: Nicotine harms the body in multiple ways and lowering sperm count is one of the significant ones. For most men going to infertility clinics, stopping smoking is one of the first prescribed remedies. It helps sex drive, boosts sperm count, improves performance, and leaves the couple happy.
Reduce Chemical Exposure: There are plastics all around us. These plastics contain BPA and phthalates which have been shown to reduce sperm count. Plastics have entered all areas of life in the last 40 to 50 years, and it is during the same time that sperm count has reduced by (hold your breath) 50%!!!
Reduce Plastic Use: Reduce plastic use in all forms – from sex toys to plastic food storage to water containers. Chemicals also need to be reduced in terms of eating foods where pesticides would be used. Another source of chemicals is the shampoos, soaps, deodorants, cosmetics, and other toiletries. Try organic products as much as possible. These have an adverse effect on the sperm count.
Water: Avoid chlorine exposure – be it in tap water, bleach or other products. Hydrogen peroxide is a safer option.
Diet: Reduce caffeine intake. Avoid grilled foods. Increase fresh fruits and vegetable intake. Eat whole grains. Avoid canned and packaged foods. Avoid processed and half-cooked foods. Reduce refined carbohydrates. If required, talk to a doctor and get vitamin C and zinc supplements. These are essential for the formation of testosterone hormone and can play a role in improving sperm count.
Exercise: A regular exercise of about 30 minutes daily is highly beneficial in improving overall circulation and increasing sperm count. A word of caution, though – over-exercise can lead to reduced sperm counts and infertility in males.
Stress Management: Another major reason for infertility, reduced sex drive, reduced sperm count, and poor sexual performance is stress. Be it exercise or music, meditation or cooking, identify what works to keep you calm and do it.
Check your Medical Kit: There could be some medicines which may be helping you curing one disease but could be leading to infertility. Talk to a doctor and if there is a culprit, switch to a safer drug.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
A daily commuter on the roads into the city? Scared of beauty being hampered by the deadly sun that shines above your head? Tired of spending your money on all those artificial products being sold into the markets at a very huge scale?
Don’t you wish to destroy your skin by using them all?
Now you stop use of all these then and start following though slow but a protective way for skin of your face.
Boil potatoes and then let it get a little cooled off after that you may mash them but REMEMBER not to peel off the skin of them. To this you add, cucumber juice and add a few lemon drops and apply the mixture of all these, as it would help all the scares on the face get removed and help add glow to your skin too. Application of this twice a day would give the best of the results.
With a spoon of vinegar you may add an egg yolk to it and a mashed ripen banana, whisk these entire together well. Use this viscous paste as a face pack and let it rest for the next 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you may wash off your face with luke warm water and try out the same at least twice in a span of week as this would help you skin from being resistant to the UV rays of the sun.
Use ripen papaya fruit, whose one tough slice or just a piece is to be rubbed onto the face and washed off 10 mins later after application. This doesn’t only provides one with clean skin of the face but also help clear all spots and aging signs too.
Apply multani mitti (fullers earth) on your face for getting, fairer, softer, smoother and bouncy skin. Multani mitti adds a glow to your skin.
Mix channe ka atta, haldi powder, shikakai powder, water and make a fine paste out of it. Apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water for soft, smooth and glowing skin.
Hence, these are some of the effective face packs that one must try out for healthy skin.
Mono Filament Hair skin or mono hair skin/hair patch/hair unit, It’s a kind of one-inch poly skin base around the back and sides. For a better balance between durability and a natural appearance, and between sturdy and easy to clean, mono hair replacement might be your base. Thus it will not only cover your baldness but will give you a whole new look.
The Mono Filament base can last for well over a year due to the thicker mono Filament used in its construction. However, if you prefer a lighter density that exposes some scalp, the lace or skin bases may be a more suitable option. While still popular, conventional base systems are steadily losing ground as a base choice. You cannot use Mono for an exposed hairline, but you can add a lace front onto a Mono base.
• Mono Filament is a good base choice for a higher-density system
• A Mono Filament base has the highest durability of any base.
• Maintains the temperature and do not heat your skin.
• Best choice for the people who are facing complete or partial hair loss due to some health conditions.
• Mono Filament Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Hair Unit, give a 100% authentic and original look.
• It is made of thin mesh nylon fabric that resembles natural scalp. Thus, it is quite difficult to detect whether it is a Hair Skin/hair patch/hair unit of original hair.
• It is very light in weight and allows your skin to breath.
• Most durable, which offers an economical choice that represent excellent value for money.
• It is stiffer than lace and holds its shape very well.
Dental veneers are also known as porcelain veneers are very thin, artificially made shell like things found in shades of the colour of your teeth. This material is designed to cover up the tooth surface in order to improve its appearance. These materials are changed according to your teeth colour, size and shape.
Dental veneers can solve many problems and especially better the look of your teeth. The removal or insertion of veneers can make your teeth look attractive.
Some problems that dental veneers solve:
- If your teeth are discoloured then veneers can fix it. Teeth stains can be the result of many things like smoking, alcohol, drugs, medicines etc. Veneers replace stained teeth and solve all your problems.
- If your teeth are frayed down then veneers can be the solution.
- If your teeth are broken or chipped then it can solve the problem.
- Sometimes your teeth grow uneven, misaligned, badly shaped; dental veneers solve that problem too.
- Dental veneers specifically work to fill the gaps between your teeth.
Dental veneers have proven to be a beneficial process in solving many of your dental problems. But like every medical method that comes with some advantage and disadvantage, dental veneers too have a few negative points.
The advantages of dental veneers are:
- It provides a presentable tooth appearance.
- The tissues in your gum tolerate porcelain very well.
- The porcelain dental veneer is stain resistant.
- You can select the colour of the veneer to make your teeth whiter.
- You can also change the shape of your teeth.
As dental veneers are a little complicated, there is a set of procedures to have dental veneers and those may include:
- Diagnosis: First, you need to detect the problem area before you have dental veneers.
- Treatment: You need to have an X-ray of your teeth and mouth before getting dental veneers.
- Preparation: Between your diagnosis and treatment while your tooth enamel is a subject of examination you should take proper care of your teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression. âSimilarly, if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.
Burning fat with food must sound contradictory, but there are certain foods that can actually melt away your fats by improving your metabolism. Some foods have an extensive thermogenic effect (metabolism increasing effects) that can lead to the reduction of fat in your body. Read on to find out five such super foods and burn your fat away.
- Tuna: Tuna is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and it also helps boost the production of a hormone called leptin. This particular hormone gives the illusion of fullness and you don't end up having large portions. It also accelerates your metabolic process. Apart from tuna, sardines too have the same properties.
- Green tea: The benefits of green tea are widely known. It has 'epigallocatechin' which improves the nervous system and elevates the heart rate. Drinking three cups of green tea daily has proven to burn up to 80 calories.
- Hot peppers: Different kinds of hot peppers not only spice up your food but they also melt calories. Capsaicin, a chemical present in peppers can increase metabolism rate by 25% for up to three hours after you consume your meal.
- Grapefruit: This delicious fruit has the amazing power to make you slim. Grapefruit has an antioxidant called 'naringenin' which can aid your body in its use of insulin more effectively, thereby keeping the blood sugar level under control and prevent diabetes. Recent studies have shown that sugar control coupled with grapefruits lead to improved calorie burn.
- Cinnamon: Studies have shown that including cinnamon into your daily diet can help you lose weight. A teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder added to a cup of boiling water can also help you lose weight and lower your risk of heart disease. Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels along with bad cholesterol levels (LDL) while having no effect on the good cholesterol (HDL). Hence, it's beneficial for both heart and type 2 diabetes patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Stress is a normal physical response to events that make us feel threatened or upset our balance in some way.
When we sense danger – whether real or imagined – the body’s defenses kick into high gear in a rapid, automatic process known as the “fight-or-flight” reaction, or stress response. The stress response is the body’s way of protecting us. So it’s important to know effective ways to manage stress.
Stress can lead to depression. In fact depression is one of the major outcomes of stress.
How Stress Creates Depression
From the Ayurvedic point of view, most depression is an imbalance of doshas. A dosha is a fundamental principle in the body that goes out of balance. If left untreated imbalanced doshas can lead to more serious problems.
There are three doshas in the body.
Kapha dosha is the earth and water principle in the body. Kapha forms the glue and structure of our bodies. It’s qualities are heaviness, slowness and steadiness. Depression is an imbalance of kapha dosha that begins to set in when stress occurs.
In depression, first the air principle (Vata dosha) and then the fire principle (Pitta dosha) get out of balance. In other words, the brain’s electro chemistry has an erratic overreaction to a stressful circumstance. This triggers a loss of enzymatic activity in the metabolism.
The body responds by trying to glue everything down, bringing about heaviness, darkness, and stagnation. The mind-body interprets this as a negative message of hopelessness and depression ensues.
In other words, because of specific etiological factors, Vata from the colon, pitta from the intestine, or Kapha from the stomach enters the general circulation and lodges in the nervous system. These imbalanced doshas interfere with the normal functioning of the mind and nervous system and cause depression.
So before stress gets control over your body and mind you must learn ways to manage stress. It is actually easy to do.
6 Ways To Manage Stress
1. Keep a daily routine.
If you follow a daily routine, stress never can be a part of your life.
In Sanskrit the daily routine is called dinacharya. It means to merge your daily cycle with the natural cycle of the Sun, Moon, Earth and the other planets in our solar system.
Dinacharya is one of the best things that you can do to stay in balance, prevent disease and heal almost any disease. Set your daily routine from the moment you wake up to the time you go to bed in a correct manner and follow it regularly without any excuse.
Fix your time of waking up, breakfast, lunch, dinner, time with family and time you go to bed. To conquer stress, it is very important to manage your daily routine in this way.
2. Get A Relaxing Massage
An oil massage is an integral part of the daily routine recommended by Ayurveda for overall health and well-being. Traditional Ayurvedic texts wax eloquent on the benefits.
Give yourself a full body oil massage on a daily basis. It is nourishing, pacifies the doshas, relieves fatigue, provides stamina, pleasure and perfect sleep, enhances the complexion and the luster of the skin, promotes longevity and nourishes all parts of the body.
3. Do Yoga
Make Yoga and Meditation a your part of your daily life. Yoga helps to connect our body to our mind and our mind to our soul. This is the best natural way to health and happiness, realizing our inner self and our true nature.
4. Meditate Daily
An ordinary person may consider meditation as worship or prayer. But it is not so. Meditation means awareness. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. Watching your breath is meditation; listening to the birds is meditation. As long as these activities are free from any other distraction to the mind, it is effective meditation.
5. Receive Shirodhara
Shirodhara is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy where warm oil or other liquid is poured in a continuous stream over the forehead. This treatment is perfect for stress and other imbalances of the nervous system. It’s deeply relaxing, rejuvenating and loved by all.
Shirodhara balances the doshas, soothes the mind and gives complete mental relaxation. Find shirodhara therapy near you.
6. Destress Your Life
There are lots of natural way to protect yourself from stress.
To remain healthy physically as well as mentally, live in harmony with nature. Go for Ayurveda procedures like Panchakarma and its associated treatments. Shirodhara, nasyam and massage will bring balance to the doshas. You can receive them at least once in a week or fortnightly.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
With obesity on the rise, more and more young people are looking at measures for weight loss. Ayurveda, with its safe and natural system can be a lofe saver. It believes that obesity is a result of excessive Kapha, and weight loss measures should be aimed at reducing kapha. Reduce foods that are sweet, sour or salty. Increase foods that are bitter and pungent and promote digestion.
The following are some effective ways of losing weight, a combination of natural herbs, dietary habits, and lifestyle changes.
- Guggul or commiphora resin is a very effective fat burner that is used in correcting lipid disorders and treating obesity. It helps by correcting total cholesterol levels, lowering LDL (the bad cholesterol), and increasing HDL (the good cholesterol) levels.
- Garcinia cambogia, or vriksh amla, is a form of gooseberry that is used widely for weight loss. It affects the fat synthesis, fat accumulation, and reduces visceral fat deposition.
- Salacia or Kotahla is another popular herb known for reducing fat accumulation. It suppresses the growth of adipose tissue and is particularly useful in people who are insulin resistant.
- Kalonji seeds, or Nigella, is also useful in improving waist-hip ratios and reducing body-mass index.
- Liquorice is rich in flavonoids which are rich in antioxidants. This has been proven to be useful in preventing accumulation of abdominal fat and reducing triglycerides.
- Warm lime water everyday in the morning will help boost the digestive system and promotes in weight loss. Honey can be added if required.
- Three meals a day is advisable with no snacking in between or healthy snacking if not manageable. The meals should consist of balanced, healthy foods with no oils, lots of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat vegetables and fruits that are seasonal, as they have seasonal benefits, are free of chemicals, and easily available. Melons are plentiful in summers while are adequately hydrating, the nuts and roots during winters provide protection from the cold. It is good to have breakfast and lunch as heavier meals compared to dinner, which should be the smallest.
- Starting your day with a round of exercise is considered ideal for a variety of reasons and also for weight loss. Do a mild walk for about 10 minutes after each meal to promote digestion.
- Adhere to a regular sleep pattern. The hormones and digestive enzymes have a natural cycle and help in managing weight.
- Whether meditation or music, exercise or aerobics, find a way to control and manage stress. It is one of the main causes of weight gain.
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Adverse respiratory events (AREs) are leading causes of post-operative morbidity and mortality. Anesthesia is the use of medicine to prevent or reduce the feeling of pain or sensation during surgery or other painful procedures (such as getting stitches). Giving as an injection or through inhaled gases or vapours, different types of anesthesia affect the nervous system in various ways by blocking nerve impulses and, therefore, pain.
Anesthesia can help control your breathing, blood pressure, blood flow, and heart rate. It may be used to:
- Relax you,
- Block pain,
- Make you sleepy or forgetful,
- Make you unconscious for your surgery.
Adverse Respiratory Events (ARE)
Adverse outcomes of such events are fatal and lead to Death & Brain Damage. Three mechanisms of injury are reported to account for highest adverse respiratory events:
Inadequate Ventilation: Insufficient Gas Exchange can produce the adverse outcome. Esophageal Intubation: Incubation between the two sides of the esophagus inadvertently.
Difficult tracheal intubation: Tracheal Intubation is the placement of a flexible plastic tube into the trachea (windpipe) to maintain an open airway. It is performed facilitate ventilation of lungs in severely ill, anesthetized patients.
Other’s are as listed below:
- Airway Obstruction
- Inadequate inspired oxygen delivery
- Endobronchial Intubation
- Premature Extubation
Residual neuromuscular blockade is an important postoperative complication associated to the use of neuromuscular blocking drugs and is commonly observed in the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) after non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBAs) are administered intra-operatively. Incomplete neuromuscular recovery can be minimized with acceleromyography monitoring. The risk of adverse respiratory events during early recovery from anesthesia can be reduced by intra-operative acceleromyography use.
Reintubation is a serious adverse respiratory event and the consequences include increased cardiac and respiratory complications, prolonged length of stay at the PACU, intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital, prolonged mechanical ventilator support, higher costs, and increased mortality. Overweight and obesity have also been identified as risk factors for postoperative respiratory complications. Most adverse respiratory events are considered preventable with improved monitoring such as:
- Pulse Oximetry
- Combination of Both
Closed observation of the clinical factors and appropriate monitoring by well trained people are factors necessary to prevent adverse outcome. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
A brain stroke can affect anyone at any point of time when the supply of blood to the brain is interrupted. It can threaten major physical functions and can prove to be fatally dangerous at times. The brain stem which is placed right above the spinal cord controls the breathing, heartbeat and levels of blood pressure. It is also in charge of controlling some elementary functions such as swallowing, hearing, speech and eye movements
What are the different types of strokes?
There are three main kinds of stroke: ischemic strokes, hemorrhagic strokes and transient ischemic attacks. The The most common type of brain stroke is the ischemic stroke is caused by narrowing or blocking of arteries to the brain, which prevents the proper supplyof of blood to the brain. Sometimes it so happens that the blood clot that has formed elsewhere in the body have travelled via the blood vessels and has been trapped in the blood vessel which provides blood to the brain. When the supply of blood to a part of the brain is hindered, the tissue in that area dies off owing to lack of oxygen. The other variant of brain stroke is termed as hemorrhagic stroke is caused when the blood vessels in and around the brain burstor or leak. Strokes need to be diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible in order to minimize brain damage.
What are the common symptoms of a brain stroke?
The symptoms of the brain stroke are largely dependent on the area of the brain that has been affected. It can interfere with normal functioning, such as breathing and talking and other functions which human beings can perform without thinking such as eye movements or swallowing. Since all the signals from the brain as well as other parts of the body traverse through the brain stem, the interruption of blood flow often leads to numbness or paralysis in different parts of the body.
Who is likely to have a stroke?
Anyone is at a risk of developing brain stroke although ageing is directly proportional to the risk of having a stroke. Not only that an individual with a family history of brain stroke or transient ischemic attack is at a higher risk of developing stroke. People who have aged over 65 accounts for about 33 percent of all brain strokes. It is important to point here that individuals with high blood pressure, high blood sugar, cholesterol, cancer, autoimmune diseases and some blood disorders are at a higher risk of developing brain stroke.
There are a few factors which can increase the risk of developing stroke beyond any control. But there are certain lifestyle choices as well which aids in controlling the chances of being affected by stroke. It is crucial to refrain from long-term hormone replacement therapies as well as birth control pills, smoking, lack of physical activity, excessive use of alcohol and drug addiction. A brain stroke is a life-threatening medical condition, and when an individual has symptoms that resemble that of stroke, it is crucial to seek immediate medical help.
Treatment for stroke:
- Treatment depends on the type of stroke.
- Ischemic strokes can be treated with 'clot-busting' drugs.
- Hemorrhagic strokes can be treated with surgery to repair or block blood vessel weaknesses.
- The most effective way to prevent strokes is through maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
What is TPA?
TPA is a thrombolytic or a “Clot Buster” drug. This clot buster is used to break-up the clot that is causing a blockage or disruption in the flow of blood to the brain and helps restore the blood flow to the area of the brain. It is given by intravenous (IV). This can be given only within 45.5 hrs of the onset of symptoms
Time is brain
Remember Every second Loss means brain cells die.
Rush to the nearest Stroke Centre whenever you experience such symptoms.
You can save the brain cells dying if you reach within 45.5 hrs by the CLOT BUSTER.
Another treatment option is an endovascular procedure called mechanical thrombectomy, strongly recommended, in whichtrained trained doctors try removing a large blood clot bysending sending a wired-caged device called a stent retriever, to the site of the blocked blood vessel in the brain
The good news is that 80 percent of all strokes are preventable. It startswith with managing keyrisk risk factors, including
- High blood pressure,
- Cigarette smoking,
- Diabetes Atrial fibrillation and
- Physical inactivity.
More than half of all strokes are caused by uncontrolled hypertension or high blood pressure, making it the most important risk factor to control.
The best way to get better after a stroke is to start stroke rehabilitation ("rehab"). In stroke rehab, a team of health professionals works with you to regain skills you lost as the result of a stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
Are you tired all the time, you eat, sleep and repeat, if yes then read on
Did you know that the human brain uses about 20 to 30% of a person's daily energy intake. That's why people who don't consume enough calories in their diet are more likely to experience lower motivation levels and mental alertness.
With the demands of today’s hectic lifestyles combined with too few hours of quality sleep and poor eating habits, it’s no wonder many people complain of fatigue and low energy. Nutritional deficiencies are also associated with fatigue.
Just like the car needs the right type of fuel; Don’t expect a standard car to run on diesel fuel. “Similarly the body uses energy-yielding carbohydrates, protein, and fat in very specific ways, consuming each in proportion to the other is essential to ensure sufficient energy to complete daily tasks, feel good, and to maintain an optimal state of health.”
Just as undereating can lead to fatigue, overeating puts the body in overdrive, channeling tremendous amounts of energy to digest and absorb the large amounts of food consumed.
How can a person feel refreshed after eating too much? It’s only natural to want to curl up and nap after a big meal; the resulting insulin overproduction can leave too little sugar available for immediate energy, resulting in lethargy.
Unfortunately, just as eating too much can lead to fatigue, fatigue can lead to eating too much, creating a vicious cycle of weight gain and decreased energy. Clients in this predicament must break the cycle by focusing on portion control, adequate sleep, and stress management.
Eat right to feel bright!
In this modern age, due to busy life style as well as sitting nature of job our physical activity has gone almost nil and mental activity has become prominent. Usually nobody has much time to go for yoga classes or gym. At the same time there is a gentle, low impact exercise that's easy, free and available to everyone and that is walking.
Walking strengthens your heart:
Walking is great cardio exercise. It reduces risk of heart stroke, bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterole.30 minutes daily walk maintains your blood pressure in normal range, high bp causes stroke.
Walk is a blessing for patients who have diabetic background in family. Daily walk reduces chances of diabetes by 80%. It keeps you away from these silent killer diseases as you never know when they attack you until visible symptoms are detected.
Decline in memory or impair thinking skills that makes person unable to do daily activities. Daily 30 mins walk avoid shrinkage of brain and preserve memory. Dementia affects 1 in 14 people at the age of 65 and 1 in 6 at the age of 80. Walking does wonders for such ageing problems.
Tone your body
Walking tones your body. It gives definition to calves, quads, hamstrings. It keeps your abs and waist in shape.
Walking is the perfect way to keep you active. Most of the population is suffering from deficiency of vitamin D. Be healthy and active and enjoy a walk with your friends or self.
Walking makes you happy
Walking makes you feel good. Daily walk boost up your mood, it is as effective as antidepressants in mild to moderate cases of depression. It releases feel good endorphins and reduces stress and anxiety. So for positive mental health, walking is absolutely must.
Diabetes often referred as diabetes mellitus is a metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar) either because insulin production is inadequate or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. There are three types of diabetes:
1. Type 1 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin. People usually develop type 1 before their 40 th year often in early adulthood or teenage years. It is nearly 10% of total diabetes
2. Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin for proper function, approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes of this type
3. Gestational diabetes: This type affects females during pregnancy, uncontrolled or undiagnosed gestational diabetes can raise the risk of complications during child birth
बर्फ के ये 15 फायदे जानकर चौंक जाएंगे आप
1- कड़वी दवाई खाने से पहले मुंह में बर्फ का टुकड़ा रख लें, दवाई कड़वी ही नहीं लगेगी।
2- यदि आपने बहुत ज्यादा खा लिया है और खाना पच नहीं रहा, तो थोड़ा-सा बर्फ का टुकड़ा खा ले। खाना शीघ्र पच जाएगा।
3- यदि आपके पास मेकअप का भी समय नहीं है या आपकी त्वचा ढीली पड़ती जा रही है तो एक बर्फ का छोटा-सा टुकड़ा लेकर उसे किसी कपड़े में (हो सके तो मखमल का) लपेट चेहरे पर लगाइए। इससे आपके चेहरे की त्वचा टाइट होगी और यह टुकड़ा आपकी त्वचा में ऐसा निखार ला देगा जो और कहीं नहीं मिलेगा।
4- प्लास्टिक में बर्फ का टुकड़ा लपेटकर सिर पर रखने से सिरदर्द में राहत मिलती है।
5- यदि आपको शरीर में कहीं पर भी चोट लग गई है और खून निकल रहा है तो उस जगह बर्फ मसलने से खून बहना बंद हो जाता है।
6- कांटा चुभने पर बर्फ लगाकर उस हिस्से को सुन्न कर ले, कांटा या फांस आसानी से निकल जाएगा और दर्द भी नहीं होगा।
7- अंदरुनी यानी गुम चोट लगने पर बर्फ लगाने से खून नहीं जमता व दर्द भी कम होता है।
8- नाक से खून आने पर बर्फ को कपड़े में लेकर नाक के ऊपर चारों और रखें, थोड़ी देर में खून निकलना बंद हो जाएगा।
9- धीरे-धीरे बर्फ का टुकड़ा चूसने से उल्टी बंद हो जाती है।
10- पैरों की एड़ियों में बहुत ज्यादा तीखा दर्द हो तो बर्फ की क्यूब मलने से आराम मिलेगा।
11- आंखों के काले घेरे दूर करने के लिए खीरे के रस और गुलाब जल को मिलाकर बर्फ जमा लीजिए, फिर उस टुकड़े से काले घेरों पर मालिश करे, बहुत जल्द आपकी समस्या दूर होगी। और यदि ज्यादा देर मोबाइल या कंप्यूटर चलाने के बाद आपकी आंखें दर्द कर रही हैं तो बर्फ के टुकड़े को अपनी आंखों पर रखिए, जल्द ही राहत मिलेगी।
12- यदि आइब्रो बनवाते समय दर्द होता है तो एक बर्फ का टुकड़ा आइब्रो के चारों और घिस लीजिए, इससे यह हिस्सा थोड़ी देर के लिए सुन्न हो जाएगा और आपको दर्द भी नहीं होगा। यही तरीका शरीर के किसी और हिस्से पर भी लागू कर सकते हैं।
13- बर्फ का टुकड़ा गले के बाहर धीरे-धीरे मलने से गले की खराश ठीक हो जाती है।
14- जल जाने के तुरंत बाद बर्फ का टुकड़ा जले हुए स्थान पर लगाने से छाले और जलन शांत होती है। और निशान भी गहरा नही पड़ेगा।
15- इंजेक्शन लगने पर या पैर में मोच आने पर बर्फ मलने से दर्द, सूजन व खुजली कम होती है।
Many times, it feels like your natural hair has stopped growing completely. Although individual hair strands are growing in a growth cycle, there are few reasons why it may appear that your hair growth has been stunted or has ceased from growing.
Here are some reasons which stall your hair growth:
Poor hair habits: your hair becomes weak and fragile when it is damaged. Poor hair care habits can lead to breakage of hair such as excessive heat styling, chemical hair coloring, and bleaching. These add a lot of stress to hair, weakens your hair's elasticity and lead to breakage, thinning of hair and severe hair damage.
Shorter hair growth cycle: the hair growth cycle is constantly in rotation and your hair is never in the same phase of the cycle. There is a phase of hair growth cycle when the hair becomes dormant until the cycle repeats. This resting phase of hair growth cycle may last much longer sometimes.
Dry and brittle hair: it's possible for your natural hair to break off as quickly as it grows, appearing as if your hair is no longer growing. Moisturizing your natural hair is important because of its inability to produce a natural oil that covers the entire scalp. Co-washing the hair or using hot oil treatments, sulfate-free shampoos and adopting healthy hair regimens can keep your natural hair moisturized and prevent it from breaking.
Poor diet: your hair needs proper vitamins, minerals and nutrients in order to thrive and eating foods rich in nutritional value like fish, nuts, green leafy vegetables will help your hair grow healthier. You can also add multivitamins to your diet containing vitamin a and zinc which functions to strengthen hair, nourish hair follicles, promote healthy scalp and minimize shedding.
Underlying health issues: hormone deficiency or overproduction can result in hair loss. Dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and even allergies could affect the scalp and cause stunted hair growth. They often affect the scalp and sometimes cause scarring, inflammation or sores to form on the scalp, inhibiting hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal expert.
tips for all of you to get beautiful hair naturally… all you need to do are just follow these easy and simple steps to give that luster and shine to your hair, and flaunt your hair like the models do....
• Egg Treatment
Use the entire egg to condition your hair. If you have dry or brittle hair, use egg whites to moisturize your hair. Use ½ cup of any egg mixture (egg white, entire egg) and apply to clean, damp hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with cool water.
• Cleanliness is important
The most important reason for hair fall is dandruff and itchy scalp. Therefore, maintain good cleanliness for beautiful and healthy hair.
• Avoid hot water
Skip hot water showers, because hot water will make your hair dry and brittle as it strips protective oils from your hair . Thus, prefer a temperature which is just a bit warmer than your body temperature.
• For that shiny soft hair
Prepare a mixture of 1 cup of your daily conditioner and 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture evenly on your wet hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off thoroughly. This mixture will close down your hair’s cuticle and give your hair that amazing shine.
• For bouncy hair
Apply a one to one mixture of warm water and apple cider vinegar to your hair. Rinse it thoroughly after 5 minutes to get rid of the apple cider smell.
• Don’t wash your hair frequently
Wash your hair every 2-3 days, for proper regulation of natural hair oils. Washing your hair less often will also help regain your hair’s natural body and luster.
• For strong hair
Use almond oil to treat dry and damaged hair. It is a very simple procedure, pour some almond oil in a bowl and heat it for 40 seconds. Then evenly distribute on your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse normally with shampoo and conditioner using cold water.
• Treat sun damaged hair
Make a mixture of ½ cup honey, 1-2 tbsp olive oil and 1-2 tbsp of egg yolk. Apply this mixture on your hair for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. This treatment will help to replenish keratin protein bonds.
• Trim your hair regularly
Get your hair trimmed at least every six weeks to eliminate dry, split ends.
• Do not brush wet hair
“Wet hair is three times weaker and thus more likely to break”
• Tight is NO-NO
To prevent breakage due to brittle hair avoid using bands and do not tie your hair too tightly.
TAKE CARE :)