Submit a review for setup your lybrateYour feedback matters!
What is the best time to take fruit juice. I drink milk in morning can I replace this by fruit juice?
Hello when I drink green tea? Early morning empty stomach or after Breakfast. Please suggest me. Which time is more benefit to drink green tea.
If I eat light dinner, I probably wake up midnight with an empty stomach. It again ruins my sleep. What should I do?
I have PCOS. Will a moderate ketogenic-diet help? I consume around 150gns of carbs each day as of now, should it be more less? I am student, so I can't cook at home.
Tulsi raw tea ko bnaane ka sahi tarika kyaa hai? Aur usko bnaane ke 15 minute baad pine se koi nuksan to nhi hai?
For many people, the only source of calcium is their daily dose of milk. However, vegans, lactose intolerant people, and those who are not too fond of milk have a substitute in almond milk. While it gives the same amount of nutrients, it does not have as many calories and also has a host of other health benefits.
It is creamy, nutty, and is fortified with vitamins D, B, and E. The calcium component is slightly low as compared to normal milk and therefore additional calcium intake should be planned for. Some of the significant health benefits include:
- Calorie cutting: A cup of unsweetened almond milk gives only about 30 calories. Compare and contrast this with 146 calories in whole milk, 122 calories in 2% milk, 102 calories in 1% milk, and 86 calories in skim milk. While almond milk per se does not help you lose weight, using it as a substitute for other higher calorie drinks definitely helps in losing weight.
- Effect on blood sugar: It contributes much less calories than cow’s milk and so does not push up sugar levels. It also has a low glycemic index, therefore will not be stored as fat.
- Added fiber: Almond milk provides higher content (5 g) of dietary fiber per cup. This is higher than regular milk and helps reduce hunger and prevents obesity. Using the high-fiber almond milk for breakfast along with bran cereals can help reduce hunger pangs and keep you full for longer periods of time
- Digestion: The good amount of fiber aids digestion overall. It is also lactose free and so a good substitute for milk for lactose-intolerant people (about 25% of the general population).
- Heart Healthy: The absence of cholesterol, reduced sodium, and good amounts of omega fatty acids make it extremely heart healthy.
- Bone Friendly: Though it contains less amount of calcium, it supplies about 30% of the daily calcium needs and about 25% of the required vitamin D levels. The result is improved better teeth, healthier bones, and reduced risk of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Glowing skin: The high content of vitamin E (about 50% of daily dose) with its antioxidant properties protects the skin against sun damage, leading to increased glow.
- Muscle strength and healing: Almond milk contains plenty of vitamin B and iron and riboflavin which promote healing and improve muscle strength.
- Protein content: Almond milk contains only about 1 g (silk almond) to 5 g (fiber varieties). However, cow’s milk has about 8 g and therefore protein substitutes should be looked at.
The next time you are not keen on drinking cow’s milk, try the almond milk. It is proven to be tastier too!