Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Toxicologists online in lalgola. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. SanjuYour feedback matters!
I have black marks on my forehead and top of my nose, and also every morning and night ie when I wake and go to sleep be be sneezing. Can you sent be the suggestion.
If any of these (or any other fruit/vegetable juice/drink) is not as per someone's taste, can we add a Tea Spoon of Honey or bit of jaggery for taste? Will this affect or minimize the main purpose of such juices/drinks?
Whether meditation will help in reducing breathing problem? Due to cold nose gets blocked and it becomes difficult to breath.
Hello respected doctors, I have chicken pox from today morning. Past two days I had high fever also. Actually my hostel mates had it (150 students) so immediately I consulted a doc and he gave two injections (20 days back) now I am having:(. So is it necessary to consult doc?
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil