Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Kurnool. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. RajuYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I have a problem of unnecessary thinking or daydreaming. It is positive & slightly confidence boosting. But, the Problem is that I am wasting a lot of time doing for last few months. When I am doing something important, after sometime I find myself thinking about unrelated topics. I tried concentration boosting exercises, but till now the problem is intact. I am a hard working person, but this is becoming a drag. Could you please tell me about how I can solve this? Thanks.
Respected doctor. I have heard that staying in bright light at home and work place is good for depression and it improves mood. Is it true?
What could be the best remedy for stress and depression? I am a student and I am diagnosed with depression but I don't want to depend on medicines.
Know your strengths and weaknesses.
Accept compliments and compliment yourself.
Use criticism as a learning experience.
Try to stay generally cheerful and have a positive outlook on life.
How to reduce tension in exam time, because of so. Much tension I am not able to read my question paper properly.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.