Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for ChithanyaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I'm suffering from acne it is not reduced I have used many but no one is working on my face I was so depressed because of this acne. My skin type is normal and I have dandruff also. Please suggest me the correct medicine for my problem please.
I am having BP since 2008 and taking medicine on regular basis Stemilo 25. Since last 9 year I was regularly monitoring it and its always in range last night it was 140/110 it was suddenly shoot up due to some family stress taken complete rest and in the morning now it is 118/82. Sir do I need to change medicine and any suggestion for keeping it under control I am regular moderate alcoholic drinker too.
OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder is a mental condition, which traps people in a cycle of repetitive thoughts that push them to do repetitive behaviors. As the name states, the obsession over certain things compels them to do it over and over again. These actions will only help you feel relieved for a short time and soon the cycle starts back again.
Symptoms of OCD
The symptoms of OCD are classified into two groups, one for the obsessive behavior and the other for compulsive behavior. Some of the common symptoms for these are mentioned below:
As the name states this means obsessing over certain things, which varies from person to person. Some of the things could be:
- Being scared about making mistakes.
- The fear of being embarrassed in public situations.
- Constantly being scared about contamination by germs, microbes or dirt.
- Doubts about sure and simple situations and the need to be constantly reassured about them.
The obsessions usually results in compulsive behaviors, which you may need to perform to reassure and relieve yourself of the anxiety temporarily. Some of these may include:
- Trying to constantly arrange things in a certain way and still not being satisfied.
- Thoughts, words and images being stuck in your head throughout the day that may keep you disturbed and cause to lose sleep.
- You may even repeat specific words or actions multiple times as a measure of self reassurance.
- Hoarding of items, which have no value.
Causes of OCD
Biological factors: Certain chemical imbalances in the brain may lead to OCD, which may happen due to hormonal or biological changes. In fact certain infections are also known to trigger OCD in people.
Environmental factors: Certain types of mental trauma have been known to trigger OCD as well, such as
- Office, school, college or other work related stresses over a long period of time.
- The passing away of a near and dear one.
- Relationship problems.
- Repressed abuses from earlier in life.
Most treatments of OCD are categorized into two types:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is a counseling based therapy where you may be slowly asked to face your fears and overcome them over a period of time.
- Medications: Antidepressants, inhibitors, or antipsychotic drugs or relaxants in various combinations may be used to treat OCD.
- Electroconvulsive therapy: Only in the rarest of cases would doctors consider electroconvulsive therapy, if the patient is a danger to themselves or others around them.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.