Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Debasish DuttaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a very weak memory. I tried my best to memorise but I couldn't memorise. If I memorise the whole day dan I ll forgot in next day. What do I do to strengthen up my memory.
I can't sleep. I am preparing for JEE in Kota. I started sleeping late at night few weeks ago and I easily getting sleep around 2 or 3 AM and woke up at around 11 in the morning but now I can't sleep. I lay down on bed hoping for sleep but nothing happening now. In 24 hrs I hardly getting sleep for 2-3 hrs that is also in morning or afternoon. Now I can't concentrate properly in classes, can't think like before. Please advice what can I do to overcome this?
Sir I am 26 year's old boy. I have a depression problem since last 5 years and so doctor have been prescribed me SZETALO PLUS TABLET for this. Since last 5 years I am taking SZETALO plus 1/2 tablet regularly at night,, Feeling improve after start it. It improved my sleepless problem and tension. But still sometimes I feel chest pain, shortest of breath, unfortable, dizziness and unhappy. Please tell me how can I improve it. My memory power is also Not good like previous. I am smoking 2 cigrate daily, please tell how can I improve myself for better health without any problems. Tell tell me how can I reduce my panic attacks and depression symptoms??
Sir or ma'am please can you tell me which type of exercise we should we do when we rare in depression
I am suffering from gynecomastia since 8-9 years. I have tried so many exercises but none worked. I often suffer from anxiety and depression. I have excessive body fat and I tend to gain weight easily though I do not eat much and exercise regularly. I get excessive sweat while workout which is above normal. My memory is weak and sometimes suffer from insomnia. Am I suffering from hormonal imbalance.
Respected sir/madam, I am feeling me more weak mentally, when I see a boy taller than me, or stronger than me, I fell very uncomfortable, and I always think me very small from him. And I always think about this. I can not think positive long time. And then it happens breath problem, I can not concentrate to reading. My brain is very unstable and it forces me to think these and makes me mentally weak. And often my heart is becoming weak. What shall I do?
I am 21 years old. I have very bad experience of past. I want to forget some memories. And some person to. Memories and person. Both are very hard to forget. These make me anger, anxiety, and less sleep also.
From few months I think that I'm unable to remember whatever I try to memorize in any subjects like maths, physics, and chemistry, so I wanted to know that is it natural or any problem so please help me out.
I can't think properly. I want to study but I am not studying, can't figure out the reason for this and this makes me feel that I might have some psychological problem or brain disorder. Don't understand if I am thinking properly why I am denying it to myself. Sometimes I feel like ruling out every possibility of my disorder but then I fear that if its positive, how will I react to it. Will I be able to cope with it or not.
Sir I am in stress and tension so my brain is always in pain and stress. My blood pressure is always in high value. I fill pulse rate In my brain.
Hi Kindly explain all about dispersion as various symptoms like being sad all d time memory loss too much or very less sleep and appetite crying for no reasons hurting herself not happy with life thinking too much always stays alone trying to pretend bold and happy bt by in reality deep dead from inside feel like giving up every thing. Kindly explain d possible reason and also d ways to cope up wid it.
Hello everybody. I am Dr Ashish Kumar mittaal. I am MD psychiatrist and I am practising in Gurgaon
Today we are here to know the management of stress and anxiety and its treatment.
The first question is what is stress?
Stress is that how our body and mind reacts to the life situations. So it may be Eustress or Distress.
Sometimes it helps us to move forward in our life. For example, during exams, we develop stress but due to that stress, our attention, concentration increases and we are able to finish things fast, we can learn fast and we can perform well. So this kind of positive stress is called Eustress.
But when the stress level increases, suppose, you have a capability of 10 and you have given work of 13 magnitudes, then your performance will go down and you will not be able to work or concentrate properly. So, this excessive stress is called Distress.
We can do something with our lifestyle to help reduce stress.
- Switch off television and the internet at least one hour before sleep so that your mind is at rest before sleep.
- Don’t use excessive caffeine. Caffeine is there in tea, coffee, cold drinks and chocolates.
- Do not take more than two cup of tea. If you are taking more cups of tea there will be more anxiety, lack of sleep which will further increase your anxiety.
- In student we see such a thing. In exam they remain awake, take excessive caffeine in the form of tea and coffee develop excessive anxiety which reduces their concentration and disturb their sleep. So we need to watch it over.
- We need to take some exercises like cardiac exercises in reducing stress and anxiety, some yoga technique we can follow.
- Fix your meal timings and engage in some sports activities.
- Many people think ayurvedic and homoeopathic treatment bring a cure. So I am not denying their role in managing these things but if you are not getting benefit then switch to allopathic treatment. There is no harm in that and it brings great relief within one or two months. We have many patients who have improved like anything.
The third barrier in the treatment is stigma. People think if we are going to the psychiatrist for treatment we are mad. Actually you are not. The person who develops stress and anxiety problems actually are smarter than other person and that is why they have developed anxiety problem, that is why they are worrying and anticipating more. Whenever you will go to the treatment you will see with good doctors huge number of persons are coming for treatment. So you can rely you are not alone. Others too are seeking treatment. But what happens is nobody tells each other that we are seeking treatment. Don’t worry about stigma. Worry about your health and seek the treatment. Treatment is easily available. If you will search you will get good doctors nearby.
If you want to consult me you can consult me through lybrate.
Here are Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
Hello, everyone, I am Dr. Sudeshna Biswas senior consultant neuron-psychiatrist attached with Fortis C-DOC Hospital Nehru place and have my own clinic at CR Park. Today we are going to discuss a very common issue Anxiety. Now the moment we hear the word anxiety many questions come to our mind. What is anxiety? How do we know that we are suffering any kind of anxiety disorder? And how do we know that we have to seek any professional help? Does any age group or any sex acceptable to this disorder? So, so many questions come to our mind? So let’s try to find out the answers of these questions?
So now let’s begin with what is anxiety? Anxiety is nothing but Anxiousness in a stressful situation. Now when anxiety becomes overwhelming or starts interfering day to day life that is what anxiety disorder is. So let’s just try to find out what are the symptoms of anxiety disorders so you can detect the symptoms of anxiety disorder of it is there with you at the earliest.
- Now there are two groups of anxiety disorders. The first group, we call it emotional symptoms, the second group is a physical symptom. Now emotional symptom could be in the form of apprehension, restlessness, reduction in the concentration, difficulty in retaining things in your mind that are memory loss. Physical symptoms could be in the form of increased heart rate or a feeling of palpitation, shortness of breath or a stomach upset, numbness in hands and legs, pains in hand and legs, headache, shivering, tremor and some more.
After knowing the symptoms of anxiety disorder let’s talk about what are the types of anxiety disorders?
- Now there are many types of anxiety disorders. I would try to brief few of them. One could be a generalized anxiety disorder. In this generalized anxiety disorder, people have various reasons to feel anxious throughout the day, many thought keeps on coming into their minds of a different variety. Usually, when these symptoms are lasting for at least six months of duration people are considered to be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder.
- There is one more disorder we call obsessive compulsive disorder. In this disorder, people might have frequent washing or checking habits. Once single thoughts which is not acceptable to them coming to their mind again and again. Now again if these thoughts are there for two weeks duration they might be suffering from an obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Some other disorders are there like we call it phobia is nothing but a fear of a particular substance. It could be in the form of fear of heights, fear of crowded spaces, examination phobia which is very common among the children.
- Similar kind of other disorders includes social anxiety disorder. In this people have an anxiety of social situations. People become scared that other people are looking at them, probably criticizing them. They have a problem of public speaking etc. So this is one we call it social anxiety disorder.
- Now few others are post-traumatic stress disorder. In this disorder people might have the anxiety symptoms after a big stress in their life, could be Tsunami for example.
- Another type is called panic disorder. In this all the symptoms which are mentioned in physical symptoms, they usually happen for a short duration and people have the feeling that they are going to die the next moment.
So these are all, in short, the different types of anxiety disorder. We would just come straight away towards the treatment.
Treatment could be medicinal or therapeutic. There is various type of medicines available for such kind of disorder. Therapies are there like relaxation therapies, cognitive behavioral therapies and behavioral therapy and many others. So my request to all the viewers would be that please detect your problem at the earliest and seek the help of your near professional because this is a problem that definitely has a solution.
So now to end up if you need my help you can directly come to me by taking the appointment or you can use the app which is Lybrate which is a very good app in your mobile or you can just contact me through lybrate and seek up the appointment. Thank you very much. Stay well.
Why is that once a person starts taking alcohol or drugs, its is difficult to get rid of this habit?
Suffering from recurrent depression for last 8-9 years and have been on medication. The dosage is like - duzela 20 & Milnace 25 in the morning and Duzela 20, Milnace 50 & petril 0.25 mg. Is this too high a dosage for my age and what can be done to overcome this. Physical exercise am already doing. But the medicines have only increased over a period of time. What else can be done so that medicines do not increase further.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder that causes anxiety. It is also called as anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of this disorder are uncontrollable, unpleasant thoughts, which are continuing. OCD causes the mind to get stuck on a specific thought or inclination. For instance, you may repeat a task forty times to ensure that it has been done properly. You will not be able to get it out of your mind. OCD is characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior patterns.
Some obsessive thoughts include:
- The fear of being defiled by germs or soil and also of contaminating others.
- The fear of losing control and hurting yourself or others.
- Having sexual or brutal thoughts on the mind.
- Extreme focus and devotion to religion and religious activities.
- A sense of fear of losing or not having things you need.
- Having the assumption that everything would go fine.
- The person will become very superstitious.
Some compulsive behavior patterns include:
- Inordinate double checking on things like locks, apparatuses and switches.
- Over and over monitoring of friends and family to ensure they're safe.
- Counting in the head, mumbling nonsense words without meaning.
- Devoting a lot of time for washing and cleaning.
- Praying without reason and taking part in religious ceremonies.
- Accumulating junk material.
Here are some common ways to deal with OCD:
- Regular exercise: Exercise is the best natural remedy to prevent anxiety, which leads to OCD. Exercise checks your OCD symptoms. It makes your nerves stronger and hence you can focus your mind out of obsessive thoughts by yourself, when they arrive. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise regularly.
- Connect with friends and family: Social isolation is one of the common early symptoms of OCD. Social isolation can lead to OCD as well. Therefore, you must always stay connected to your friends and family so that you never get lonely and anti-social. Share everything with family.
- Sleep sufficiently: Lack of sleep or troubled sleep may lead to anxiety disorders. You need to sleep enough to be away from obsessive thoughts.
- Perform relaxation techniques: Simple practices like yoga, meditation, pranayama help you grow spiritually, relax your mind and keeps OCD away from you.
- Tackle your fears: Instead of avoiding fearful thoughts, let them flow and tackle them face to face. This will help you overcome the fear. Adopt measures so that you can focus on other things and ignore the obsessive thoughts. Distract yourself away from the obsession.
OCD is a harmful disorder, and you should take all measures possible to keep away from it.