Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Soumyabrata RaychoudhuriYour feedback matters!
I am 28 male with 105 KGS weight height 5.8 my problem is I have large breast like women. Can I reduce breast from loosing weight.
I am 22 years old male. I'm suffering from underweight. My weight is 55 kgs. Even if I take high calorie diet I don't see much change in my weight. I smoke but do not drink. Please give me a solution to gain weight. Thanks.
When I do foreplay with my wife not sex or nude picture seen I feel weakness in my body what reason pleasse suggest medicine or test.Please tell.
I am married has two daughters. After delivery I became obese. My weight is 85kg and height 5.6feet. I want reduce my weight to 60kg. Please suggest diet plan. How much time it takes.
I am a 50 years old man. Diabetic for the past 5 years. I have severe problem of gums bleeding. What should I do?
I had previously asked about by testis size but I do not get exact answer please say how much difference is ok in to testis. My one if half of other.
Hi I'm 33 I want to reduce my belly fat which I'm facing lot of problems having diet but not exercise.
If someone suffering diabetes and treatment is going in order to reduce the sugar by providing insulin and other precaution are also taken but the sugar level does not reduces. How to reduce the sugar level?
Im a bank employee, im looking very lean, hw can I improve my weight, give me a best diet and is there any products in market which gives me mass, wat abt endura mass is it work r not, thnx in advance.
If you are a diabetic patient and your blood glucose levels are poorly controlled, you are more likely to develop serious gum disease and lose more teeth than non-diabetics. Like all other infections, serious gum diseases may contribute towards rise in blood sugar and may make diabetes harder to control.
Other oral problems associated with diabetes include - candidiasis (thrush), and dry mouth which can cause soreness of mouth, oral ulcers, various infections, teeth cavities and bad breath.
First of all, control your blood glucose level by exercise, diet, oral medicines or insulin. Then, take good care of your teeth and gums, along with regular checkups every six months. To control candidiasis, use candid mouth paint and maintain good diabetic control, avoid smoking and, if you wear dentures, remove and clean dentures daily. Good blood glucose control can also help prevent or relieve dry mouth caused by diabetes. Use chlorhexidine mouthwash for 15 days and continue with diluted listerine mouthwash for months. It will prevent bad breath problem.
Watermelon ke bht saare benefits hai .mai pregnancy time Chal raha hai .main jab bhi watermelon kha rahi hu to Jaldi digest Nhi ho pata hai .Aisa Kyu ho raha hai .thank you.
I am 36 years old male sitting job 8 - 10 hours how to get rid of belly fat weight is 95 height is 6 feet.
Hello my name Shilpa, age 22 yrs. Am very weak & anemic. I wanted to gain weight its not happening nly. please tell me can I take weight gain products like Endura mass, Ayurvin nutri gain or please suggest me anything which is safe & effective.
The lungs are made of pipes - starting from the nostrils all the way to the fine tubules in the lungs, through which the air we breathe passes through. The inhaled air also contains a lot of other particles - dust, pollen, virus, cigarette smoke, etc. Very often, the body is allergic to one or more of these particles, and the bronchi are constantly irritated and inflamed due to their sustained exposure. This causes allergic bronchitis which is identified by symptoms like chronic coughing, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, nasal congestion.
Ayurveda believes that the human body has 3 doshas or bio elements - vata, pitta, and kapha. Any disease is believed to be due to one of these being affected. Allergic bronchitis is believed to be an issue with vata.
- The most effective treatment for bronchitis is believed to be a glass of milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. This mixture is believed to be most effective when taken on an empty stomach and can be had 2 to 3 times a day.
- Equal portions of powders of dry ginger, long pepper, and black pepper can be mixed with honey to make a smooth paste. This can be had 2 to 3 times a day to see wonderful results.
- One-half teaspoon of licorice powder mixed in 1 cup of water can be boiled, cooled, and stored to be consumed through the day.
- A creeping plant known as somlata (Ephedra vulgaris) is found to be highly efficacious in relieving asthma. This grows in western Himalayas in abundance and is sent in hundreds of tonnes to western countries where ephedrine is prepared from it. The powder made from the whole plant, after drying in the shade and is given in the dosage of 100 to 250 milligrams, mixed with honey or water at the intervals of 8 to 4 hours.
- Kapha katari - Literally translates as phlegm cutter, this works immediately. The powder needs to be wrapped in betel leaf and chewed slowly. Continue with another 4 doses over the next 24 hours.
- Kanakasava - The extract of Datura is very effective in halting bronchitis but needs to be taken under medical supervision only. This is habit-forming and therefore, needs to be used cautiously.
In addition, follow these general considerations too:
- Avoid or minimize exposure to known allergens, cigarette smoke and pollution
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to help form a thin mucous
- Avoid dust in the bedroom, avoid feather pillows
- Regularly vacuum clean the house
- Do yoga, especially the breathing asanas which are very beneficial for bronchitis patients
Allergic bronchitis is a chronic condition, and acute attacks can be avoided by following some of the pointers mentioned above.
We get Innovative & more productive: When we are truly & totally alone, we don’t rely on other people to entertain or otherwise enhance our life experience. Not only it forces us to think differently but we also don’t hold our self back in any way. Result? more new ways of accomplishing a task that we might not even had tried before, had we been working in a group. (Remember the movie & novel The Martian??)
We Work Harder: Remember school & college group projects?? I bet we all had near similar experiences where one or two members of the group put in all the donkeys work on behalf of group of four or five students! This group mentality of being Passive or “someone else will do it or should do it” doesn’t exist when we are alone. And of course, if we don’t do what we are supposed to, we shall be the one's taking the blame. But on the brighter side, when we are totally alone, we are completely free from distractions and can actually focus on getting work done with monomaniacal focus.
We are able to clear our minds better:We all need time to recharge. This happens best during periods of loneliness where we can sit back & objectively think about our problems, projects without the burden of outside opinions. History is ripe with tales of great ideas & inventions springing to life in serenity of solitude.
So next time, we should all welcome the prospect of spending ''that weekend'' or ''that trip'' alone all by ourselves!! Cheers!
Yoga is a complete workout of body and mind, and is a combination of stretching along with deep breathing and meditation. It is a way of keeping yourself fit without doing strenuous workouts and lifting heavy weights.
Ayurveda is the ancient Indian medical science, which treats an illness or a disease using natural ingredients. Ayurvedic treatment has been proven to be the most effective in cases of asthma, paralysis, joint pain, headache and gynecological issues. The following points emphasize the relation between Yoga and Ayurveda:
1. Aim at ensuring mental peace: Yoga and Ayurveda both are extremely powerful in treating medical issues as well as in delivering mental peace. Ayurveda uses diets, herbs, shrubs, meditation and pranayama for treating purpose. Both of them are interrelated branches of India's ancient knowledge.
2. Based on similar principles: The principles of Trigunas i.e. Sattva, Rajas and Tamas and the principles of panchamahabuthas i.e. fire, water, air, space and earth are the base of Yoga and Ayurveda. Both of them are based on the basic principles of the body, such as working procedures of the body and effects of food and medicine on our body.
3. Share common beliefs: Both Yoga and Ayurveda have a common belief regarding healthy body as the two believe that a healthy and balanced mind result in a healthy body. Both of them have the similar metaphysical anatomy and physiology that consist of 7 primary chakras (centers of energy), 5 bodily sheaths, 72,000 nadis (subtle channels) and the Kundalini Shakti (energy). Yoga and Ayurveda both believe that in order to fulfill the four aims of life it is necessary to keep your body healthy. The four aims are:
- Dharma (duty)
- Artha (wealth)
- Kama (desire)
- Moksha (liberation)
4. Similar treatment measures: For the purpose of treatment, Yoga and Ayurveda, both use meditation and pranayama practices. For improving the mental and physical health, both of them use body purification procedures, herbs & natural ingredients and chanting of mantras. The body purification procedure is known as 'Shatkriyas' in Yoga and as 'Panchakarma' in Ayurveda.
Many Yoga practitioners add Ayurvedic remedies to your daily routines because Yoga and Ayurveda together are powerful mediums that maintain your body, breath, senses, mind and chakras. Together Yoga and Ayurveda work excellently and cure you naturally with no side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.