Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Woodlands Multispeciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
In an age where contemporary and conventional medicine seems to cure an ailment only to cause significant side effects, it is only to be expected that people wish to take a look at alternative medicine. One of the primary forms of alternative medicine happens to be homeopathy. That being said, people do have concerns as to whether homeopathy has any side effects, as well.
The truth of the matter is that homeopathic medicine does have side effects. It is only to be expected to see side effects when any medicine, at all, is consumed in an amount which is greater than what it is to be consumed in. The good part when it comes to homeopathic medicine is the fact that the side effects are not close to as bad as those of allopathic and other medicines.
The only signs of an overdose and its accompanying side effects in terms of homeopathy is likely to be that the person will show effects of a high amount of energy. All this means is that the medicine has had its intended impact and has gone beyond that. Once the homeopathic medicine stops, all the symptoms are very likely to disappear without a permanent trace. Is this not better than conventional medicines whose side effects can lead to more medication being required in order to sort out the adverse side effects?
In a few of the many cases of treating patients by the way of homeopathic medicine, it is found that when the course of medicine is begun, the situation does get a bit worse prior to it getting better. This is known professionally by the term ‘homeopathic aggravation’ and is nothing to worry about, by any measure.
Most forms of homeopathic medicine feature a very high level of dilution of the actual medicine, so the risks are minimal. That being said, there are a few medicines which can have side effects if they are consumed in larger than prescribed doses. Arnica, which is a popular medicine, is one. It can cause some stomach irritation. However, as long as it is consumed in the right quantity, there is no need to worry about this. Isn’t that quite a relief?
The high degree of customization when it comes to homeopathic treatment is also good as what this does is that it reducing the risk of side effects. This is because, after all, a side effect is generally caused by the lack of suitability of an element in the medicine to the person who is under treatment. Because homeopathic treatment is customised, the scope of this is limited, which is quite a good thing!
Conceiving miracles spreading hope we believe in out of the box thinking. We’ll help you to work out an individual fertility programme that’s right for you. To know us better meet and share experience of some of our patients who come from all walks of life. We believe that a informed and educated patient can actively participate in his or her own treatment, facilitating understandings of health statuses, diagnosis and treatment options, empowering patients to make decisions related to their care which ultimately increases success rate. Indira ivf centre at delhi, gurgaon noida are clinics only for fertility surrogacy with state of the art ivf lab assuring highest success rate.
FITT- formula to remain FIT –
F (Frequency) - Daily, minimum 5 days a week
I (Intensity) – Moderate – Low - for older people and just starting exercise program
T (Type) - aerobic + resistance
Aerobic - (walking, running, cycling. swimming)
1. Use large muscles (legs , shoulder, arms , chest)
2. Can be done continuously
3. Burns calories and helps in losing fat
1. After aerobic exercise
2. Two/three times a week
3. Maintains muscles while losing fat
4. Can do free weights
5. Do not do if BP > 160/100 mm of Hg .
T - (Time) 30-45 mts per day minimum – 150 mts per week, may increase up to 300 mts / for more benefit.
How to focus on fruits in our day to day life?
Eating fruit provides health benefits. People who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy eating style are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Fruits provide nutrients vital for health, such as potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin c, and folate. Focus on whole fruits—fresh, canned, frozen, or dried—instead of juice. The sugar naturally found in fruit does not count as added sugar.
Keep visible reminders:
Keep a bowl of whole fruit on the table, counter, or in the refrigerator.
Experiment with flavor:
Buy fresh fruits in season when they may be less expensive and at their peak flavor. Use fruits to sweeten a recipe instead of adding sugar.
Think about variety:
Buy fruits that are dried, frozen, and canned (in water or 100% juice) as well as fresh, so that you always have a supply on hand.
Don’t forget the fiber:
Make most of your choices whole or cut-up fruit, rather than juice, for the benefits that dietary fiber provides.
Include fruit at breakfast:
At breakfast, top your cereal with bananas, peaches, or strawberries; add blueberries to pancakes; drink 100% orange or grapefruit juice. Or, try a fruit mixed with fat-free or low-fat yogurt.
Try fruit at lunch
At lunch, pack a tangerine, banana, or grapes to eat or choose fruits from a salad bar. Individual containers of fruits like peaches or applesauce are easy to carry and convenient for lunch.
Enjoy fruit at dinner, too
At dinner, add crushed pineapple to coleslaw or include orange sections, dried cranberries, or grapes in a tossed salad. Try fruit salsa on top of fish
Snack on fruits
Fruits make great snacks. Try dried fruits mixed with nuts or whole fruits like apples. They are easy to carry and store well.
Be a good role model
Set a good example for children by eating fruit every day with meals or as snacks.
Keep fruits safe
Rinse fruits before preparing or eating them. Under clean, running water, rub fruits briskly to remove dirt and surface microorganisms. After rinsing, dry with a clean towel.
Looks are very important as they cast the first impression of a person and of course, first impression is the last impression. When you meet someone, the person will first judge you by your looks. People will judge you by your character only after they come to know you.
Looks revel a lot about a person; you know what, sometimes some people’s character is radiated by their looks. Some people not only look innocent but they are also very innocent, the innocence radiates from their face. While some people’s haughtiness can be detected by their looks.
The world revolves around looks, I remember reading a quote on facebook once wherein it was written, “If you look good, people treat you better” and I think that is true. People tend to judge others by looks and treat others accordingly. Hence, it is clear that you should make a fair attempt to look good as people judge you and treat you by looking at you.
To look good, you need to be healthy as looks and health go hand in hand. If you are healthy then you will automatically look good. So in order to be healthy you should have at least some control over your eating and you should work out daily.
Health is related to food, because we get energy from food but mind you, we get energy from ‘good food’ not form ‘junk food’. Junk food cause health problems a lot health problems, it make you obese and look fat. Obesity is the major health problem as of today as obesity can cause aches and pains, diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure and what not, plus it makes you look fat and ugly.
Hence, to look good and be healthy you have to avoid unhealthy food, eat properly, eat moderately, and eat more fruits and vegetables. Most of the people tend to forget one thing that we “eat to live” and not “live to eat”, and if you grasp this concept then you will automatically look, good and be healthy.
To look slim and trim, people work out for hours in the gym but they forget that diet plays a much more important role than exercise. I am not saying that you should not work out, I am saying that workout but along with that watch your diet too.
Hence, good diet and exercise are two things, which make you healthy, and if you are healthy then you will look beautiful.
I am a diabetic patient since 15 years. FBS is 98, PPBS140. My serum creatinine 1.20 ca, ph, sodium are under control in normal range. But I am in diet control (S.Creatinine reduced from 2. 0).My age 52, Height 5'3" weight 40 Kgs (Before kidney problem it was 58. What calorie food I should take to increase weight not affecting Blood Sugar and Kidney?
I am not fat but my belly fat is increasing day by day. To reduce it I started lemon water in morning for last three days and started walking in afternoon. What can I do to reduce it. Please prescribe a proper way.
My cousin is 39 years old. She has the problem of acute heat & due to the heat ,her soles of legs have acute irritation in summer. What to do? Please suggest the remedy.
I am diabetic since 16 years taking tresiba 40 units along with Novorapid thrice a day of dosages 18 units, 10 units and 10 units respectively. But my blood sugar level is fluctuating. One time blood glucose level come down very low and other time it shoots up to 328 mg/ dl. Kindly suggest. I have thyroid also and is normal. No blood pressure and any other. Kindly suggest I am very worried about my sugar level.
I delivered a baby boy naturally before 80 days. I cannot control urination. Sometimes I pee as soon as I enter into the toilet. I feel as if my vaginal muscles is very loose. Is there any remedy? What's the problem?
I am a diabetic patient since 15 years. FBS is 98, PPBS140.My serum creatinine 1.20 ca, ph,sodium are under control in normal range. But I am in diet control (S.Creatinine reduced from 2. 0).My age 52, Height 5'3" weight 40 Kgs (Before kidney problem it was 58. What calorie food I should take to increase weight not affecting Blood Sugar and Kidney?
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My vit D level is 7. Now I am scared that I might be low in all other essential vitamins and minerals. What test should I take to check my deficiencies?
I'm becoming fat day by day from the age of 18 in such a way that my lower part of my body is more fat I.e. From wast to downward and upper part is quite normal .can I know what is the problem and which doctor should I consult..
My % transferrin saturation is 11.72%.what kind of effect in my body. & my creatinine- serum is 1.14 mg/dl.
Diabetes is a disorder that is characterized by an inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin or effectively utilize the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is the hormone that is produced by the pancreas to metabolize sugar in the body, the sugar that is present in the food that you consume.
Diabetes is commonly classified into two types: Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In Type 1 diabetes, the cells in the pancreas do not produce insulin in the required amounts; this disorder usually tends to occur in children. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people who are above 40 years of age; this type is characterized by an inability of the body to efficiently utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas.
How can diabetes affect your kidneys?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes damages your kidneys’ filters. If the filters are damaged, a protein called albumin, which you need to stay healthy, leaks out of your blood and into your urine. Damaged kidneys do not do a good job of filtering wastes and extra fluid from your blood. The wastes and extra fluid build up in your blood and make you sick.
Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease. Diabetic kidney disease is the medical term for kidney disease caused by diabetes. Diabetic kidney disease affects both kidneys at the same time.
Signs of Kidney Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- Albumin/protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Ankle and leg swelling, leg cramps
- Going to the bathroom more often at night
- High levels of BUN and creatinine in blood
- Less need for insulin or antidiabetic medications
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Weakness, paleness and anemia
What are the possible complications?
- End-stage kidney failure: If this occurs then you would need kidney dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Diabetics have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and peripheral arterial disease. If you have diabetes and diabetic kidney disease, your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is increased further.
- High blood pressure: Kidney disease has a tendency to increase blood pressure. In addition, increased blood pressure has a tendency to make kidney disease worse. Treatment of high blood pressure is one of the main treatments of diabetic kidney disease.
What to do?
- It is essential to get your urine checked at least once every year to detect signs of kidney damage.
- Some other symptoms that you may experience are swelling in the ankles, weight gain and a rise in your blood pressure.
- The first step to treat kidney damage caused by diabetes is to get your blood sugar levels under control.
- You should also avoid consuming medications that can cause damage to the kidneys.
- A kidney transplant or dialysis may be advised if the damage to kidneys is significant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.