5 REASONS THAT OVERNIGHT SITTING WORKING MAY INCREASE YOUR WEIGHT
It has been found that shifting work from the day shift to night shift can drastically affect the waistline. The midwives, nurses, doctors even call center employees have complained that working at night shift can cause elevation of the weight and increase the waistline. Researchers have concluded that physical activity, diet quality, alcohol consumption, and smoking can cause an increase in weight. Whereas researchers have found that individual who has changed their work shift from night to morning shift has reduced 3 unit of the BMI. Sleeping by day and working at night generally, slows down the body’s metabolism. The negative health effect is linked with the shift work. According to many famous nutrition magazines, it has been found that shift work goes against the fundamental biology of the people.
There are majorly 5 reasons-
- Increase intake of carbohydrate-
The modest amount of carbohydrate intake is quite healthy for our body. But consuming too much of the carbohydrate can lead to the opposite effect. Too much carbohydrate consumption can exceed our calorie needs. Too much carbohydrate consumption can lead to extra water retention and fat storage in our body. It has been found that with every 3 gram of carbohydrate there is adequate water storage. Too much carbohydrate is converted into fat. Excess fat accumulation can be bad for our overall health.
- The sodium consumption is more than that of normal intake-
The body retains excess water for much reason. Excess water retention is caused by too much salt intake in the main diet. Some people are more sensitive to water retention. People who eat clean, whole foods and work out regularly and eat super salty meal have more chance in gaining weight. The weight fluctuation is more for the patient with a high salt diet. Excess fluid intake can help to flush away the excess salt from our body.
- Medication and pills can cause excess water retention-
The medication and pill intake can cause-effect in weight gain. Education can cause a potential increase in weight gain. Change in hormone can increase weight gain. Due to much medication, there is a potential change in the hormonal balance. There is some medication which contains steroids which cause water retention and increase in the weight and their weight fluctuation is due to the storage of the fluid in our body. The diet based water retention won't be solved until the med is cut off.
- Menstrual cycle-
The menstrual cycle is one of the important cause of gaining weight. The hormonal change during the menstrual cycle can lead to fluid retention. 2- 8 pound of weight fluctuation occurs this time to the girls.
Irregular lifestyle, lack of fluid intake, lack of fiber in the diet, disturb sleeping pattern can affect the digestive tract and it can lead to constipation. Excess toxic accumulation in the body can lead to severe weight gain. The irregular and bad lifestyle can cause excessive gain in weight at night.
- Take Home Message:
People who are working overnight should consume very low carbohydrate but high protein rich foods & obviously, unsaturated fat like olive oil or PUFA/MUFA rich fat to add cooking oil. People are advised to be dynamic as much as possible overnight & at home as well.
How does one switch to a healthy routine?
First, we want to be determined that we would like to follow a healthy routine however not just such a big amount of guarantees or commitments everyday night to induce a begin from consequent day morning. during this quick life, we all, 6years to sixty years area unit following a boring unhealthy modus vivendi which has an intake of quick foods, unplanned work ejaculate work or study pressure for college kids expectation of fast results; ultimately net outcome is uncontrolled stress lifestyles disorders. Life hacking is a very important strategy to manage your entire day with the assistance of correct routine slightly committed with the intentions of own prosperity likewise as one thing for society for overall growth. The expectation is sweet however over expectation or further ‘profit’ or short gains area unit usually prejudicious ne'er be a part of healthy lifestyles. Human psychological science encompasses a nice role which might be well-controlled by some regular healthy practices like last night designing, early morning yoga, contemporary air walking together with a positive thought to attain one thing however not just bear with same routine work simply to pass on a daily basis while not associate degree objective.
Hence, switch currently to a healthy routine & the question is how?
Just ten sturdy commitments on a day :
1) Self-motivation, sturdy & positive mentality invariably.
2) Attempt to do one thing nice by sensible work.
3) Healthy & balanced foods habits with a lot of vegs. protein.
4) Utilize your body & brain by active walking, basic level exercises.
5) Rely on your health way forward for your family at a similar time.
6) Associate degree incomparable learning interest & characterization of your own.
7) Be honest, humble, sanitary & healthy by all means that on a daily basis.
8) Each moment is precious could be a day.
9) Conflict or contradict rather place your best efforts & contribution.
10) Build a note what's wrong these days & rectify tomorrow.
2. Specifically offer ways that to:
• Begin arousal early or move to bed early, however, does one do that?
A real interest in yourself to change your own lifestyles will solely assist you by early getup & early sleep at nighttime. nobody will facilitate here as you're understanding your own betterment of health; therefore you're the most effective decisions.
How you'll be able to, here area unit some attainable rejoinder :
1) Spare simply two min. to pre-plan tonight for tomorrow before attending to sleep since getting up any however at five.30am in summer being in winter as you planned.
2) Attempt to prevent yourself from the portable mania in the main from your all friends visible in whats app or facebook etc.
3) Shut all pc works even it's important to get up tomorrow at half-dozen am as a powerful mental commitment that mustn't be deviated at any price.
4) NO to begin your TV to look at a Hollywood or film industry pic at nighttime when dinner however simply take a couple of minutes for news. you'll be able to manage any time any channel on a similar day through your apps on the market in your good phone.
C. However does one avoid ingestion of junk once hunger strikes?
1) This is often entirely a psychological issue that your neural structure sends the signal obtaining a consent, therefore a lot of spittle, a lot of hunger not for alimentary foods except for junk spicy, deep-fried foods as well as biriyani, roll or quick foods that aren't any doubt high in calorie & high in lipoprotein or TGL.
2) The most effective thanks to supposing the horror facet of your forthcoming future as you're a father or mother nonetheless to assist your kids to become older a career.
3) If you're unmated then additionally you'll be able to rely on future complications like fat, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, even physiological condition. Currently, you will return whereas imagining the dark days & for this ‘who is responsible’.
4) The foremost sensible answer ought to be to hold some calculatedly alimentary high macromolecule, around five hundredth saccharide (100gm), low-fat 2 hundredth (30ml=3tbsp) meals or snacks, a lot of or less in your lunch box. which must be sufficient to eat with a frequency (at bound interval of time) by stretching until late evening till you come back reception from your workplace.
So Friends, just a few motivational tips given for you herewith. If you are really inspired by my blog then send me your "liking " or show of "interests ", so that I can write the 2nd part on this same topic to encourage you further.
Respected Doctor, I want to know about exercise or yoga for type 2 diabetes patient and a healthy diet chart for that same? Thanks.
Hi. I am 21 year old. My weight is 48 kg. And height is 165 cms. please suggest me healthy diet for increase weight. And any others suggestions for good muscles.
Green coffee is now a new trend. Green coffee has miraculous beneficiary qualities.
What is green coffee?
10 benefits of green coffee:
- Blood pressure reducing agent – The chlorogenic acid reduces blood pressure, high blood pressure affects the blood vessels.
- Prevent Alzheimer- green coffee prevents the mental diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Mental alertness – Green coffee gives strengthen the nervous system, mental alertness. Enhance the mental capacity and enhance concentration.
- Prevent bacterial infection – Green coffee has steviol which strengthens your immune system and prevents bacterial infections.
- Better Diabetic control – The green coffee contains chlorogenic acid which helps in management of sugar level for type 2 diabetes mellitus and also for pre-diabetic,
- Cancer preventive quality – The chlorogenic acid in green coffee contain antioxidant property. The green coffee consumption prevents cancer cell formation.
- Cures depression – The depressed person has shown lower level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, this brain-derived neurotrophic factor which reduces aging process
- Thermogenic – Green coffee helps to burn fat and also helps to give energy.
- Reduces craving for sugar – The green coffee reduces blood sugar which in turn reduces insulin resistance and sugar craving. It also has chromium and vitamin b complex which reduces craving for sugar.
- Supporting the metabolism – The green coffee enhance the body metabolism,
Therefore, Green coffee is an amazing thing to our body having plenty of beneficial effects.
Sir My father wanted to reduce his weight he is 65 years old how should he reduce his weight please give some advice to do it.
I have a desk job and my weight has been increased by 10 kg I need to reduce my weight please suggest.
Lose Your Weight Quickly but safely – Atkin, Dukan or Keto?
- There is a restriction of veggies as carbohydrates from veggies per serving are also countable in Atkin’s diet.
- Foods included are meat, seafood, dairy, and veggies.
- Good for people who don’t want to count calories but this diet is not good in a long term.
- Foods included are lean meats, fish, low-fat dairy, low starch veggies, oat bran etc.
- Dukan diet allows the foods from the list of hundred of natural foods.
- Dukan diet allows eating till you satisfied from your hunger cue.
- This diet is not recommended for kidney or cholesterol patients.
Dukan Diet main phases:
- Consolidation Phase: You can take unlimited lean protein with veggies fruits like berries, chopped melon, medium apple, orange, pear, peach, kiwis, plums or apricots, little carbohydrates like two pieces of bread, little butter, cheese, pasta, starches up to 225gm/week and fats including 2.5 tablespoons of oat bran per day. In a week one day with lean protein and oats only. This phase is proteins with veggies and limited carbohydrates and fats.
- Stabilization Phase: It is same as consolidation phase only oat bran amount will increase to 3 tablespoons/day. In this phase, no foods are strictly avoided.
In this type of diet, you can get enough quality protein especially lean protein which is the key source of strength, stamina & overall muscle builds up. Body builders can be highly benefitted here this type of diet to get toned body
- There is a risk of losing bone density which results into osteoporosis.
- Low fiber disturbs stomach and causes IBS.
- Not recommended for electrolyte imbalanced patients.
Atkin’s Diet main phases:
- Fine tuning Phase: Dieters should follow the restrictive diet for at least for a month.
- Lifetime Maintenance: Here healthy diet with limited carbohydrate is allowed to maintain a target weight.
- There is no counting of calories the only amount of carbohydrate is monitored to lose weight.
- It allows rapid weight loss thus increases confidence.
- Instead of a high-fat diet, this diet improves health and cholesterol level.
- Though the diet is very restrictive there is a chance of binge eating which causes weight gain instead of losing.
- Following Atkin’s diet may result in constipation, Halitosis, and dehydration.
- There is a risk of weight regain when back to normal life.
The stages of Keto Diet are
- Hack Fasting: When body burns own fat you feel less hungry and intermittent fasting or little gap between foods is good for health.
- Optimum Health: Maintain your optimum health by devoid of harmful foods and including quality foods for a lifetime.
- Releases muscle for the better shape of the body.
- Enhances cognition
- Reduces risk of cancer, neurological disorder, PCOD.
- Increases sports performance.
Not good for athletes who needs high carbohydrates for performance.
Finally, considering all these pros and cons of all the three diets types, Atkin’s diet is the best followed by keto diet and the last is Dukan’s diet for safe weight reduction purpose. This would be the right decision for an individual to take proper advice by a dietitian to prepare a well-balanced low carb diet for fast but safe weight loss.