Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudip MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I have undergone a mvp surgery, I do have cholestrol ( boderline) & thyroid. I do take thyronorm 75mgi/100mgi alternate days & daily. I do drink once or twice a week. Please Advice how do I control cholesterol & thyroid? Please Advice.
Hi everyone, I am 30 years old and suffering from T2 type diabetics as I have checked my doctor and he recommended me to use insulin R before every meal but I have some financial problems. Now I really don't know what I do for that because its medicine is so much expensive. Kindly do something for me if possible as I request to you.
I am 58 years old and suffering from diabetic. Presently I am taking tab pioglit gf one in the morning and one in the evening empty stomach but sugar level has increased to 190 fasting so Dr. Advised me to take tab galvus 50 mg in addition to pioglit gf. With this medicine constipation developed and some pimple started coming on my face. Please advise me what to do for controlling sugar level. Awaiting for your reply. Regards.
My wife is 41 years old. She is suffering from thyroid since five years. She has consulted the reputed doctor and undergoing the treatment. But still she is not getting rid of this disease. Kindly give me the expert advice.
Sir, have thyroid problem from past 10 years now I am using thyronorm tablets suggest me doctor for permanent treatment.
My daughter 9 year old suffering type 1 dm last two year we give her to inj mixtard any other option or any alternate treatment.
If you’ve been facing problems in conceiving, it may be time to get yourself checked as it’s possible that you may be suffering from certain fertility issues or need professional guidance. A series of tests usually determine the root cause of the problem. These tests can include a physical examination, analysis of semen and blood tests, amongst others. There are certain factors that you and your partner must keep in mind when deciding upon the best time to opt for these tests and get started on an infertility treatment programme.
If you’re a female, it’s time to get yourself examined when:
1. You haven’t been able to conceive for over a year despite trying (when you are under 35)
2. You haven’t been able to conceive after trying for 6 months (above the age of 35)
3. You’ve had 1 or more miscarriages
4. You’ve been ovulating irregularly and your previous drug treatment has failed to correct the problem
5. You suffer from damaged or blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis (a condition where tissues that cover your uterus also develop outside of the womb, causing pain and bleeding)
6. You have a history of genital infections
If you’re a male, you should consider an infertility treatment if you experience the following:
1. Facing difficulty in sperm ejaculation
2. Suffering from a low sperm count including poor sperm movement or structure (sperm’s shape and size)
3. Having an undescended testicle (a genital abnormality that occurs when the testicle fails to move into its normal position in the scrotum during the first 3 months of your life)
Apart from the above mentioned points, another important factor that you and your partner must decide upon is whether or not you intend to use assisted reproductive procedures, such as ICSI (IntraCytoplasmic Semen Insertion) or In-vitro fertilization (IVF) to help in conceiving. While the former sees fertilisation occurring naturally after the eggs and sperm get placed inside one of the two fallopian tubes, the latter deals with the transference of the embryo created in the laboratory into the uterus.
Even though the thought of infertility can be disappointing for you and your partner, early and timely intervention can help in easing up the process of conception and remove obstacles that might hinder your chances of having a baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My mother has thyroid problem in neck. She is very weak and also have the problem of low blood pressure. What should I do?
How to reduce thyroid and how to maintain the thyroid level in body and what are the symptoms of it.
Sir my mom is suffering in a diabetes .she is checked the report and before fast 197 and after fast 307 .what should I do for some controlling. Please regard me.
I am suffering from thyroid from last 3 year & taking medicine thirox 50 every day. This time my report THS is 6.14, But t3 & t4 is normal range. Blood test with taking medicine. What you suggest continue same medicine.
I am age 31 years. I have suffering from thyroid for the last 1 year, now my problem is, having pain in legs and thies and one more thing my thies are abnormally getting fat. I don't know how this happens what is remedy.
I hv put on abt 6 kgs during past few months. My weight was stable at 63-64 kgs. Stomach has become big. I am diabetic patient.
My uric acid increasing reading 6.3, please suggest any tablet and treatment. Will be thankful to you.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.