Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sudip AdhikaryYour feedback matters!
Any mild fracture in the hip can give a tough time to people. A hipbone fracture or broken hip is mostly common in the elderly people, especially in women. Mostly, the reason is underlying thinning of bones. In addition, in any hospital hip fracture is considered to be the most common bone treatment in the orthopaedic department.
A hipbone fracture can be intracapsular (within the joint capsule), or it can be extracapsular (outside the joint capsule).
What causes the hipbone fracture?
As discussed before, the leading cause of hipbone fracture is thinning of bones. So if you develop osteoporosis, you end up getting a fracture in your hip, mostly when you fall. Osteoporosis generally means your bone density has decreased, and your bones have become honeycombed. This makes the bone more fragile.
Generally, if you have a fracture in your hip, then you will feel pain around the injured portion, you will face difficulty in walking or moving. These are the most common symptoms that can be felt during a broken hip. Mostly the intensity of the fracture is determined clinically via different tests like X-ray, MRI, CT scan etc. The treatment may vary and depends upon the intensity of the injury. Now if we talk about the treatment of hipbone fracture, it's mostly surgery.
Well, it will be smart enough to take prevention regarding the hipbone fracture. There are various kinds of guidelines, which can help elders to prevent a hipbone fracture.
How to prevent hipbone fracture?
- First and foremost, it is advised to adopt a healthy lifestyle in young age in order to build a healthy bone, which decreases the chance of bone fractures in older age.
- Always remember to maintain a healthy bone.
- Calcium and vitamin D both are very important for healthy bones. Health experts advise, when you attain the age of 50 or above, you should daily intake 1,200 milligrams of calcium per day and 600 international units of vitamin D per day.
- Exercise can help you to maintain peak bone density for longer periods, and it also increases the strength of your body and bones. Balance training also plays a pivotal role since it reduces the chance of falling.
- Avoid consuming of tobacco and alcohols as it can reduce bone density.
- Get your eyes checked every year so that you do not face any problem while seeing. This is because poor view increases the chance of falling.
- Keep an eye on every medicine you are taking. As dizziness or weakness can be side effects of many medicines, these can lead you to fall often. So it is advised to discuss your medication with doctors.
- As you get older, the chance of high or low blood pressure doubles up. So you should be extra careful while standing up.
If you don't feel steady enough, then to avoid falling, it is safe to use a walker or walking stick in the old age.
My mother in law is suffering from knee pain from atleast 5 years. She have not taken medicine. She is 66 years old. Please give me advice or any home remedies. She has problem in standing and sitting.
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache.
- Panckarma: Panchkarma remedies like Kati Vasti and Patra Pinda Sweda etc., are highly benefical and give great results for back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.