Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
On 5.10.16, we shifts with our baby just 8 months old child from our native village to New Delhi who was feeding cow and mother's milk there. Now we have changed to buffalo milk in Delhi. Today he start vomiting two or three times. Suggest us. Thanks n Regards.
Hi, I have 3 year old daughter. She is not gaining weight at all. She eats well but then to no growth. I' m very much worried. 2 months before I did some test in which the result was low hemoglobin and more count of wbc. Please help
My 7 month old son gets very cranky most of the times. There are times when he is extremely sleepy, but keeps crying. He goes to sleep after a lot of efforts. Pl suggest a cure as I wish him to be as happy and playful as his twin brother.
My 9 month old child has hydronephrosis by birth. Ureterostomy done 5 days ago. His creatinine is 0.9. Potassium 5.8 & urea 67. Weight 6.8. Please suggest diet.
My baby 9 months, she is weighing 7.5kg but height is 60cm only. How to increase her height and what we feed her?
I'm a nursing mother of a 6 month old baby boy. I started feeding him cerelac but most of the time I'm struggling as he don't Iike to eat at all. I want my baby to be healthy please help
Sir, 9 Years ka bachha kaan se kam sunta hai janch karane ke baad pata chala ki kaan ki nas me problem hai use kaise tatkal thik kiya ja sakta hai.
Meri bachi ko bukhar tha lekin ab kam he but kuch khari nahi aap koi suzao do kya khilaye jis se usko healty mehsus ho aur fit rahe.
My baby is 5 months 20 days old, I want to start solid to her. I want to know how much I should give her in a day at particular time.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.