Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satyabrata Ganguly
Submit a review for Dr. Satyabrata GangulyYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old. I was jogging 5 kms for 2 to 3 days a week and rest days, I was spending in gym for weight training. I developed pain in the knee in FEB 2018 ,so I consulted the orthopedician .The MRI showed the following 1- Mucous degeneration of ACL at meniscus joint 2- cyst 3- Subluxation of meniscus beyond the chondolar cavity 4- Thinning of articular cartilage I have been advised to stop running and high impact exercise. Can I ever RUN? Do I need arthroscopic surgery?
When I was running I got the pain in between the ankles and knees how to reduce that pain. I would like to know how to control the breathing while running.
My age is 65 years old, I am TAKING cancer-5MG, STORVAZ-20MG&ECOSPRIN-75MG AND SHE UNDERWENT INSERTION OF STEAD. What are uses & side effects of these medicines.
I am 39 year male guy facing following problems from last three months. 1] Both knee's paining while sitting and standing. 2] Difficulty in full breathing of full. I hv worked in power plant environment from over a year to last month. 3] joint pains in arms, toes, knees and back pain. 4] seeing black coloured spots while standing 5] now feeling lack of full strength inside the body. Before a year feeling full strength but now not. 6] over a year ago in oct 2014 weight is 63 kg and now weight is 57 kg. 7] feeling asthmatic while running and walking. 8] can't able to breathe from both holes un neck. Can breath from online right side hole. 9] I have frozen left side testicles, frequently itching in gap between lap and testicles. 10] I have left side facial paralysis from 2002 need to see expert who can cure it. 12] feeling very weakness and eye lids itching. 13] hair are falling14] I feel always tensed due to pending work and due to job tensions. Please suggest suitable medication which can cure above said things of my health and I can become fit with health.
Hi my mom has knee pain issues, and recently she had a fall post which her leg is swelling and hands too. N she can't move around much. Please suggest.
My uncle's left knee bone has slipped a bit. Because of which they have to wear knee brush belt each. And they have to take the drug cartigen 1500 as well. Is this right for them? They have trouble sitting down - even in getting up. But they are not difficult to run cycling. Their age is 70. What should I do. Thanks ujjal from durgapur west bengal.
I have knee pain for long time. actually the whole day i'm on my legs & I feel pain on my both knees.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an auto-immune disorder which induces inflammation in the joints. What causes the condition is not exactly clear, but a lot of studies have been done to establish a connection between various factors such as, diet, exercise, etc., with this condition. These studies have come up with correlation between foods and rheumatoid arthritis. There are some foods which should be a part of your diet, and some that should definitely be avoided if you have to keep the joint inflammation under control. Read on to know the top 5 foods to eat and to avoid.
What to eat?
- Soy: Being rich in protein and fiber and low in fat, soy is a great food for RA. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids and vegetarians especially should ensure they get enough soy in their diet.
- Fish: Salmon and tuna are fish that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and these are proven to be natural anti-inflammatory agents. Therefore, it is highly recommended that people with RA eat fish about 3 to 4 times per week.
- Oils: While an oily diet is definitely to be avoided, some healthy oils should be included. These include sunflower oil, walnut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil. These are known for their anti-inflammatory properties and are beneficial in people with RA.
- Green tea: Known for their polyphenols and antioxidants, green tea reduces damage caused by inflammation in RA. People with RA are recommended to have at least 2 servings of green tea daily.
- Beans and legumes: The high content of fiber, protein, folic acid, zinc, iron, potassium, and other minerals makes beans a must-have for RA patients. The red and kidney variety of beans are the preferred ones.
What to avoid?
- Grilled foods: Grilled chicken or red meat have high levels of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) which are known to worsen inflammation. So, while they are good for weight watchers, not so if you have RA. These also contain higher levels of saturated fat, which is again not advisable for RA.
- Fried foods: These contain 6-omega fatty acids, which have been proven to worsen inflammation. They are also high in saturated fats, which is a strict no-no for inflammation.
- MSG: Monosodium glutamate which is used generously in various Oriental dishes including soups, salad dressings, etc. should be avoided as it affects liver health and worsens inflammation.
- Salt: Reduce overall salt intake. Limiting the intake of pickles, salad dressings and processed foods, etc., which contain high amounts of sodium.
- Alcohol: This again increases inflammation and should be avoided in RA.
A healthy lifestyle improves not just the overall quality of life, but also reduces the severity of symptoms of RA.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!