Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Saral Sankar RoyYour feedback matters!
My urine test result is :RBC/HPF: 4-6 PUS Cell: 4CAST: 1epithelial Cell: 2MUCUS Thread: 3BACTERIA: 2 What is that mean? Please your advise.
I am 23 years old Boy I am suffer from backbone pain and I loose my sperm in urine sir please tell an treatment for cure these problem.
Kidney stones are formed in the body when mineral deposits in the kidneys tend to crystallize into stones. They may occur in any part of the urinary tract such as bladder, ureters and the urethra. This is a very painful condition, but not a life threatening one. However, in case the pain may become severe; then you may require surgery to treat this condition.
The symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Passing urine may cause pain
- You may have severe pain below the ribs
- Passing of urine which may be colored
- Vomiting and nausea
- You may feel the need to urinate frequently
- You may suffer from frequent chills and fever
- The urine may be smelly and cloudy in its appearance and color
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment as it focusses on rooting out the cause of the disease while improving your overall wellbeing. The various “doshas” in the body need to be balanced in order to treat the disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are:
- Diet: The first and the foremost remedy for kidney stones is rectifying your diet. You should eat nutritious and balanced meals to keep your body in optimal shape. Make sure you include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Exercise on a regular basis: It is advisable to exercise on a regular basis as it keeps your body healthy. Do cardio exercises to improve your blood circulation. You may include strength training in your workout to increase muscle mass, which will lead to fat loss.
- Herbs: Consuming a mixture of honey and tulsi is a preventive measure for kidney stones. Drinking strained water after boiling radish seeds is another great remedy that is used to treat kidney stones.
- Avoid junk food: Restrict consumption of junk foods as it can create an imbalance of the doshas in the body which may lead to various diseases. Replace junk foods with healthier choices such as nuts and seeds which provide essential nutrients to the body. Maintain a healthy meal routine at proper timings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir actually I am student of paramedic course and I am doing studies in dialysis technology is this field is good I want your opinion if you have some time for me. Please.
I have urinary infection am 29 years old, its painful while urinating, and can feel pain while sitting also. Uneasiness, urge of urination makes me uneasy. Please let me now which medicine I can take asap.
Nephrotic Syndrome is a condition which is characterised by the loss of protein into the urine (called proteinuria) as a result of increased glomerular permeability and oedema. This results in low protein level in the blood. The low levels of protein in blood result in the drawing of fluids into soft tissues. A severe form ‘hypoalbuminemia’ can cause scores of secondary diseases such as ascites (retention of fluid in the abdominal cavity), pleural effusion (build-up of fluids between the lungs and the chest), or high cholesterol. It can also result in retention of fluid in other parts of the body such as eyelids, lower extremities etc.
What can cause this?
Nephrotic syndrome is mainly caused by damage to the kidneys. This leads to an increase in the concentration of protein in the urine. In adults, it can be caused due to glomerulonephritis or damage to the glomerulus of the kidneys while in children it is likely caused by minimal change disease (kidney disease marked by the abnormal loss of protein through the urine).
The other common causes of nephritic syndromes are:
- Genetic disorder
- Immune disorder
- Use of specific drugs
- Certain diseases such as diabetes mellitus, lupus
- The incidence of this disease is seen more often in males than in females.
Diet that is recommended in Nephrotic Syndrome:
In patients diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome, the intake of salt, fat and protein must be checked. There should be emphasis on the consumption of dietary fibres that are present in vegetables and fruits.
The intake of protein and fluid should also be monitored, but this solely depends on personal factors such as age, weight and condition of the patient. It is recommended to consult a renal dietician who can guide you appropriately.
- Sodium/salt intake: The sodium or salt intake must be restricted as it leads to high blood pressure and results in fluid retention in the body, thus causing oedema (build-up of fluids within the body cavities and tissues) in the body. Avoid processed food as it contains a lot of salt.
- Protein intake: Protein is an essential part of the diet as it helps in the general makeup of the body and development of muscles. The consumption of protein must be kept under check and it is the best to consult your dietician for this. Loss of protein in urine needs to be replaced by class 1 high quality proteins in nephrotic syndrome.
- Limit fat and cholesterol intake: It is always good to curb on bad cholesterol as it is the reason behind several heart diseases. But, with patients diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, it is highly recommended to avoid food rich in fats. This means staying away from unhealthy fatty meat or junk food.
- Fluid intake: Fluid intake does not have to be necessarily reduced, but it is always good to consult your doctor for the same.
“You are what you eat”. Nephrotic syndrome can slowly progress to chronic kidney disease if the necessary steps are not taken to curb it in an early stage, and diet control is a major way to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
My mother has been diagnosed with stones in both kidneys. She was advised to undergo laser surgery which in my country is not available. I would like to bring her to Mumbai for management. Could you help me with an estimate of the procedure please. I was in Mumbai in June this year for treatment of my knees and was managed by an orthopedic . Awaiting for your response.
I am67 years male diabetic for last 20 yrs. As per my doctors advise I am taking telwas20 for last 10 years for control of bp since my urine creatinine was 1.3.now my bp is120/70. Please advise whether I can discontinue BP tablets.
Hello I have a constant pain at my right pubic area radiating to testicle and pain in back, kidney and the hip nerve, I can not hold urine for long time as it pains. When I hold urine for long time during journeys the nerves in my legs have burning sensation. Pain and burning while urinating. back n hip nerve pain I feel it like blood flow is burning the urine smells odd after the sex I married in 2015. May have this pain after the marriage I used to masturbate frequently before marriage kindly give details what happened to me and suggest me what to do?
My friend have pain during urination. And it will coming 2-3 time in one hour. While urinating it will so Paining.
Sir my uncle is 50 years old and suffering from the problem of stone in their kidney and doctors take 5 operation in last 10 years but after dn stone again grow and nw 20mm of stone also in their kidney please suggest me sir what they do for this.
Feeling a pinching sensation from past 3 days in lower abdomen to urinary hole when stretching arms and spine. No pain when urinate. Which medicine should take?
I think I have stone's in my left kidney as I get sometimes pain but not regularly .I want to know what are the causes of stone formation and how I can care myself.
My wife is having serious problem she facing excess urine problem every 10 minutes special in night & also passing White Discharge. please suggest.?
Kidney stones could be a cause for worry by the time they are not removed causing incessant and regular pains and disrupting normal life. The task is not finished even if you get them removed because what follows is a rigorous and disciplined routine that you must follow to maintain your health after the surgery is done. Diet plays a crucial role in negating the possibility of yet another stone accumulation. Here are a few diet tips that would be handy if you have got a kidney stones removal surgery done.
- To stay hydrated is the golden rule that you must abide by at all costs. It is advisable to drink at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis. Water prevents the formation of stones and would also help to eliminate any remaining residues of kidney stones existing in the system.
- Dairy products could be included but in diluted form.
- A fixed dietary routine is mandatory above all. The patient should be given meals at proper time intervals in small proportions. Heavy meals should be avoided at all costs.
- Foods rich in high fibre should be included in the diet. They help in bowel movement also. These include whole grain breads and beans.
1. Foods rich in oxalates and calcium should be kept at bay for at least a period of two months after the stone removal procedure is complete. Oxalates can lead to the formation of yet another stone which is far from desirable. The foods that fall in this category include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard and beet greens
- Cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes
- Banana, mango, apricot, grapes
- Nuts like almond and cashew
- Soft drinks
- Caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee
2. Foods rich in sodium should be kept at bay for at least some time immediately after the surgery.
3. Reducing the food intake that is high on animal protein.
4. Do not eat stale food.
5. Junk food should not even cross your mind. It is something which should be avoided for best results.
These are generic guidelines that would help you to cope with post surgery care. However, there could be specific requirements depending from patient to patient. Therefore, it is advisable to get the guidelines by a doctor who will take into account the specificities of the case. Diet along with exercise is in most cases, the most effective combat to kidney stones. The trick however, is to not go overboard with either of them.