Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sankar Kr DasguptaYour feedback matters!
Hy, I am 20 years old, mg problem is that whatever I eat I can not gain weight, I am lean and thin I want to vain weight what should I do please suggest.
Am man aged 34 and height is 5.4' from the last 10 year my weight only 50 to 53 kg. Is it the right weight? If not what I do for gain more weight.
I am getting depressed day by day. Don't no why . But cannot find a way to overcome it. It may be because of my breakup or my bad result in exam. So just getting weak . How to overcome this? ?
Can we replace milk with curd on daily basis for a 3 year old. Also can cow milk be given instead of toned.
My cousin is having water bubbles near ovaries and she gaining weight also for past few months what is the condition. Please tell me and also tell me the diet control and lifestyle changes.
I am suffering from spondylosis with c-3 to c-7 in the x-ray shows gap. What is the remedy? I am undergoing physiotherapy at present. Pain killer tablets give only temporary relief. I am undergoing traction and ultrasound treatment from doctor at present.
I am 50 years old female I want to know an Ayurveda medicine to increase synovial fluid in my body, What can i do?
Query is about self (Male) Age: 80 Hight: 71" Weight: 80 kg. Upto 6 months back was fluctuating between 72 t0 76 kg. Diet: Morning.
What should ve my body mass index weight according to my statistics. I ask this because of my problem of polycystic ovary diagnosed first when I was in class 9 first in 2009.
I am 21 year's old. My height is 4.9 and weight is 45 kg. Am I under weight and short height? what should I do to gain weight and increases height?
I want to increase the bone strength. Which type of the food is best. I am going for physical exercises. And running als. But I want more strength in my legs. please Help me.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.