Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjoy BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I am 46 yrs old female suffering from hypothyroid frm last 6 yrs I take thyronorm 100 mcg at the same tym I have high bp on which I was suggested numlo at. It was going normal but frm last 6 months i'm putting on weight and hav developed gap in knees too. My tsh levels r normal. My diet is same and my concern is weight please guide me.
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with your doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Sir meri patni ki umar 30 years hai. Pichhale 2 saalo se usake gale me garmiyon ke mausam start hote hi khich khicha hat hone lagti hai .ye silsila poore char mahine jab tak thandi na aa jaye chalta raha hai. Antibiotic medicine se aaram to milta hai. Par dawa chhod dene ke bad phir gale ka fasana start ho jata hai. Yeh April se July tak chalta hai. Phir sardi me normal ho jata hai. Dawa bahut kar liya. Gale me khichkhichat ke saath caught bhi aata hai. Kuchh upay bataye.
1. I often get severe back pain, please advice what could be the reason? 2. What are the symptoms of thyroid. Pls help?
I am having diabetics for the last 13 years. Kindly suggest how to keep my sugar level under control.
Allergic rhinitis, also commonly known as hay fever, is a type of inflammation in the nose which occurs when the immune system overreacts to allergens in the air. Signs and symptoms include a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes, and swelling around the eyes.
Causes of Allergic rhinitis
A weak immunity reacts to the certain responses. This over reaction of the immunity is the root cause of the problem. When your body comes into contact with an allergen, it releases histamine, which is a natural chemical that defends your body from the allergen. This chemical causes allergic rhinitis and its symptoms, including a runny nose, sneezing, and itching of the eyes.
In addition to pollen, other common causes include:
• Animal dander, which is old skin
• Cat saliva
During certain times of the year, pollen can be especially problematic. Tree and flower pollens are more common in the spring. Grasses and weeds produce more pollen in the summer and fall.
Symptoms of Allergic rhinitis
Common symptoms of allergic rhinitis include:
• A runny nose
• A stuffy nose
• An itchy nose
• A sore or scratchy throat
• Itchy eyes
• Watery eyes
• Dark circles under the eyes
• Frequent headaches
• Eczema-type symptoms, such as having extremely dry, itchy skin that often blisters
• Excessive fatigue
Types of Allergic rhinitis
There are two types of allergic rhinitis:-
• Seasonal- Starts when there is a change in season. Pollen-based allergies are usually seasonal.
• Perennial - This lasts all year. Perennial allergies usually occur due to sensitivity to dust mites, cockroaches, or animal dander. Its possible to be in constant contact with all of these allergens on a daily basis.
The role of Homoeopathy Allergic rhinitis:-
In Allopathy, antihistamines or immunosuppressant medicines like steroids are used which only give temporary relief, and the problem reappears again, once the medicine is stopped. While, in Homeopathic treatment, allergy is cured by strengthening the immune system and the symptoms subside on their own. It needs to be understood that Allergies diseases are the outer reflection of the internal problem. So, we need to increase the immunity of the patient and which can be strengthened by Homeopathic medicines.
There are many homoeopathic medicines that have the potential to cure Allergic rhinitis. Out of them, some well-known Homeopathic medicines are Arsenic album, Allium cepa, Belladonna, Kali bich, Lemna Minor, Sabadilla, Pulsatilla, Sulphur, Rhus Tox, etc.